• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GAP Deal on Bushnell LRHS Scopes

I wanted a quick throw lever and grabbed one of the carbon fiber levers from Tyler at MK machining. Here's what it looks like. Since I have two of them, I ordered his package deal of two rings for about $40.

Please note that you need to order the lever for the Vortex VTX A to fit.

Attachments

• 20180924_203449.jpg
    20180924_203449.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Reactions: Kansas_Born
I ordered my second about a week or so ago. It let me pay, but it hasn’t shipped yet. I’m curious about that. Last one I bought, I paid extra for 2nd day shipping, then it didn’t ship for a week. Not sure how that works. I’m more used to outfits that ship the day you order or the next. But I obviously liked the scopes enough to buy a second. I really like the reticle. It’s not so thin as to be unusable at low magnification like many I’ve seen. I really like the center circle.

I think the slightly thick reticle at high magnification is an easy pill to swallow for a useable reticle at low magnification. I put the first scope on a .224 Valkyrie and this will go on a .308 Tikka T3x CTR. Both are bandwagon rifle that I’m happy with so far.

How did you guys that got paid return labels get ahold of Bushnell? I tried their contact form on the webpage but it's been a couple days with no response. I tried calling today and it seems like when you go through their menus for warranty/repair all they do is tell you to go to their webpage for return instructions. There they just tell you to send the product(s) in and eat the shipping cost, seems like a crappy deal for something that came out of the box wrong.

How did you guys that got paid return labels get ahold of Bushnell? I tried their contact form on the webpage but it's been a couple days with no response. I tried calling today and it seems like when you go through their menus for warranty/repair all they do is tell you to go to their webpage for return instructions. There they just tell you to send the product(s) in and eat the shipping cost, seems like a crappy deal for something that came out of the box wrong.

[email protected]

That is who emailed me about the possibility of swapping scopes.

Well I have been bugging my buddy about buying one of these for months now. He finally got around to it and they are now "out of stocK". I picked up 4 myself and all have places to go on my rifles so I don't have any to sell to him, but if anyone has an extra they don't want or see using PM me.

FWIW, I opted for the LRTSi replacement for my LRHSi. I have another LRHSi that was fine, so I'll end up with one of each.

Reactions: flyer
Well I have been bugging my buddy about buying one of these for months now. He finally got around to it and they are now "out of stocK". I picked up 4 myself and all have places to go on my rifles so I don't have any to sell to him, but if anyone has an extra they don't want or see using PM me.
PM sent

Well that explains why my email started blowing up.
Good on youf ro taking care of people though. CS is dying across the industry and when products can be so similar, great CS tilts the scales.

And if you don't want all those terrible blems taking up space in your office, just let me know. ;)

I concur, 20 years ago I shopped products based mostly on the product quality itself. Didn't care if the company/builder etc. was known to be hard to work with, constantly late, rude etc. In the shooting world sometimes you'd swear some builders/companies think it's a badge of honor to be rude to paying customers.

While product quality is still very important to me, over the years I've also started to factor in good custom service more and more and it's now a significant factor in my purchasing. It's so rare these days to find companies that really do take care of customers. Now even if a builder/company makes great products, if they are known to be hard to deal with, I simply won't purchase from them because all it does is reinforce that it's okay to treat customers poorly.

Seeing the quality of these new Bushnell scopes and the customer service, has really painted Bushnell in a new light for me.

In the last year or so, I've bought four Bushnell scopes and all of them are good values. If the customer service takes care of me like I expect, I may even become a Bushnell fan boy. I'll certainly pay more attention to what they are offering in the future.

Good on youf ro taking care of people though. CS is dying across the industry and when products can be so similar, great CS tilts the scales.

And if you don't want all those terrible blems taking up space in your office, just let me know. ;)
I'd take a blem for another one of these scopes. The deer has no care what the scope looks like. I care about how they perform for the price. Works for me.

For those that sent one back in and chose to swap it for a LRTSi instead how long did it take to receive the scope? Did you get any shipping or tracking information or did it just show up at your door?

For those that sent one back in and chose to swap it for a LRTSi instead how long did it take to receive the scope? Did you get any shipping or tracking information or did it just show up at your door?
Sent mine in on Friday, or arrived it arrived Monday at their office. Haven’t received any shipping information, but was told once they had mine in hand that the lrts would be released to me. Based on the prompt response from Dan and the same day email with the shipping label, I have no reason to think his message wasn’t sincere. I’l give it a couple days still before I pester him as he said he was about to have a stack of them on his desk...I don’t know whether he meant the gap scopes or the replacements.

Mounted and ready to go. Mine is off as well. I don’t know if I want to mess with sending it in, etc. I guess I will reserve judgement until after a range trip.

Attachments

• 6122D650-497A-4AC4-951A-C920840DBBB9.jpeg
    6122D650-497A-4AC4-951A-C920840DBBB9.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 71
I sent mine in last week and haven’t heard anything. Will probably follow up on my own tomorrow

I got my second one. This time it came with the MUT tool. I had no real use for one, but I have a son on active duty as a combat engineer in the Marines. It has been passed on to him.

I did notice the slightly angled arrow on the turret. I don't care enough to screw with it. I slapped it on my new Tikka and it shot tiny little groups. I'm pretty happy with this deal.

Maybe somebody knows, does the slightly crooked arrow affect anything? Or just your ocd? Mine is slightly off, trying to decide what to do.

Just got mine in and it has the croocked arrow. I habe the same question as above. Does it affect anything else or it’s just asthetics?

It's just aesthetics. It affects no function of the scope. If it bothers you, use a black sharpie and black it out. I got lucky and mine is not off at an angle.

It's aesthetic but it's not the arrow, it's the piece under the knob with the vertical line on it.

You can take the knob off entirely and the problem is still on the scope. If you black that part out, you won't be able to see your zero.

As well as setting off OCD, I wonder if a scope that slips past QC like that has any other issues. Most likely not but it's nice when that irrational thought isn't floating around in your head.

I couldn't tell you. I've not received the LRTSi nor any tracking or shipping information. It's been 10 days since I notified them I would accept the swap.

I did an impromptu mini torture test of my LRHS. Knocked my PWS AR15 off the table while I was cleaning it. The scope (in a Bobro single lever mount) took a violent hit on the elevation knob. Enough force to bend the brass turret. Besides the crooked turret limiting downward travel, the scope still functioned fine. Initially I had a bit of zero shift (~1.5 MOA low right), but some of that could also have been attributed to the cleaning.

Once I zeroed the gun I dialed the scope to the limits of the reticle (6 mils up and 8 mils down) and shot a group at each extreme. The adustments matched the reticle. The scope returned to zero.

Of course I decided to fix the bent turret and “tapped” it back so it’s level again. I did the same test as above and the scope was still good to go. I’ve shot about 200 more rounds with the scope since and it’s still holding zero.

I couldn't tell you. I've not received the LRTSi nor any tracking or shipping information. It's been 10 days since I notified them I would accept the swap.
I got an email confirming receipt of my scope a couple days ago. It said that my replacement would ship out soon but I have not received a tracking number yet.

I'm not sure they will send a tracking number but I hope to get the scope next week.

Has anyone actually received a repaired scope a replacement back from Bushnell at this point?

Has anyone actually received a repaired scope a replacement back from Bushnell at this point?

I received mine yesterday. I never got tracking information though. It just arrived at work. I am glad I requested it get delivered there instead of at my house since I won't be back home until Sunday evening.

No tracking number here yet either. However, on Thursday I got an email saying it could take 72+ hours to ship and tracking would follow. So with the weekend/holiday that could just be shipping today too. Hopefully tracking info does get sent. We have a lot of heavy rain days in the forecast, while I'm sure they are waterproof it would be crappy for them to sit out all day in the rain, or "walk off". Both are reasons I usually have important packages held for pickup.

I sent my scope in on 9/28 using a label paid for by Bushnell. It arrived on 10/1. I called in today and they still haven’t confirmed receipt or provided me options on their end. They were not particularly receptive to they fact I had an issue, and would not provide me any options without examining the scope. Not exactly how I imagined this customer service interaction would go based on their warranty claim.

Heading out of town this weekend and am running out of time to sight in for MO hunting season.

I sent minein not too long ago and Dan personally emailed me to confirm they received and provided me two options. They could repair and it would take 8 to 10 weeks. If I couldn't wait, they could have a new lrts model in my front door within 72 hours. I opted to have mine repaired.

Got an email from UPS looks like my replacement will show up tomorrow. That's a good tip for those that don't have it setup, both Fedex and UPS allow you to setup user accounts with them for free, and you can get notifications of incoming packages the day before delivery etc. and see pending deliveries in a calendar view. So even if you don't have a tracking number from the shipper you get at least a day or two heads up something is going to arrive.

I sent my scope in on 9/28 using a label paid for by Bushnell. It arrived on 10/1. I called in today and they still haven’t confirmed receipt or provided me options on their end. They were not particularly receptive to they fact I had an issue, and would not provide me any options without examining the scope. Not exactly how I imagined this customer service interaction would go based on their warranty claim.

Heading out of town this weekend and am running out of time to sight in for MO hunting season.

It makes sense that they would want to look at it first, I think it was about two weeks after they received mine that the contacted me about my options. If you ask them to repair it don't expect it before the end of the year. 8-10 weeks is what they have told all of us.

Dave

Got an email from UPS looks like my replacement will show up tomorrow. That's a good tip for those that don't have it setup, both Fedex and UPS allow you to setup user accounts with them for free, and you can get notifications of incoming packages the day before delivery etc. and see pending deliveries in a calendar view. So even if you don't have a tracking number from the shipper you get at least a day or two heads up something is going to arrive.
Did it show up? I still have received nothing and it's been more than 3 weeks.

Edit: Dan contacted me. Apparently mine slipped through the cracks and is now corrected.

Last edited:
Yep I can confirm that they both showed up on time. Glad to hear Dan is getting you taken care of!

Did it show up? I still have received nothing and it's been more than 3 weeks.

Edit: Dan contacted me. Apparently mine slipped through the cracks and is now corrected.

Odd, mine also “slipped through the cracks” but Dan tracked me down and took care of me. I chose to switch out for the LRTSi. I’ll post once received.

Odd, mine also “slipped through the cracks” but Dan tracked me down and took care of me. I chose to switch out for the LRTSi. I’ll post once received.
I'm interested in hearing about the LRTSi. Keep us up to date.

I received my replacement LRTSi this week, and unfortunately it has the same problem as my LRHSi. The turret marks are off, as is the arrow.

I received my replacement LRTSi this week, and unfortunately it has the same problem my LRHSi did. The turret marks on the scope body are off, resulting in the arrow being off as well. I may retry my luck, but am not sure.

Has anyone else who switched out to a LRTSi had this problem as well? May be a QC problem at the LOW factory in Japan.
IMG_20181026_184047.jpg
IMG_20181026_184036.jpg