• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GAP Deal on Bushnell LRHS Scopes

Reactions: bunsen27
Just got mine, haven't looked at the scope yet due to family stuff but I've been checking out the MUT tool. It is one hell of a multi-tool with replaceable (hardened I presume) wire cutter blades and lots of functionality.

I'm not sure if I like it better than my Crunch tool. I love vice grips so the crunch is pretty unique with that and smaller but the MUT is versatile and a lot more than I was expecting for $50.

I doubt anyone would regret going with the MUT option. I waited too long to get the scope only option when I ordered so the MUT was unintentional for me. I'm glad I procrastinated on that one.

If I like the scope enough to order another, I'll probably get another MUT too.

Got mine the other day. Put it on the CZ 22 for the time although itll probably go on the 700 270 for hunting season if the new rifle doesnt get finished before then.

Glass is amazing for under $1000. Reticle lines are a bit thick for my taste and the knob for distance can be a bit stiff, but for the $$, great deal.

I'm getting mixed reports about another offering. I believe I'm reading that there will be at least one more opportunity to purchase this scope once the current arrivals have been distributed. Can someone offer some confirmation one way or the other?
Thanks and regretting like others, I didn't jump on this earlier.

I'm getting mixed reports about another offering. I believe I'm reading that there will be at least one more opportunity to purchase this scope once the current arrivals have been distributed. Can someone offer some confirmation one way or the other?

I'm pretty sure there are still some available.

If they're still listed on GAP's website, they haven't sold everything that's coming. I'm sure as soon as they hit the number, they'll pull the pages.

They're still listed on the site as of now, put in your order!

HERE

Dave

Anyone know if the last batch has all been shipped? Placed my order in May, $500 hit my card, but no call, no email, I called left message and no return call. WTH GAP?

Anyone know if the last batch has all been shipped? Placed my order in May, $500 hit my card, but no call, no email, I called left message and no return call. WTH GAP?
Not supposed to ship until mid August. You should get a call back as soon as they are ready to ship yours out to finish pay ent and confirm shipping info.

Does anyone know what size Butler Creek caps these use? Mine arrived today but I still need to get rings so it won't be mounted for a few weeks.
I know this a late reply, but instead of Butler Creek caps, I would suggest buying the Vortex Defender caps for the scope. Size E-10 for the eyepiece and O-44 for the front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Areeves08
Not supposed to ship until mid August. You should get a call back as soon as they are ready to ship yours out to finish pay ent and confirm shipping info.

Thanks for the update, Maelstrom. GAP told me shipping mid- to late July, and I would have appreciated a call back from them. I will remain (somewhat) patient for now.

I've had one since the first batch shipped and received my second one Monday. Awesome scope and unbelieveable price point! For those looking to put a switchview / throw lever on it the size is 1.739in / 44mm. Several vendors make this size, I went with a USA made vendor off of Amazon and have been pleased with it:

https://www.amazon.com/Lone-Star-Precision-Magnification-Adjustment/dp/B06XJYMRV6

That throw lever is made in China, and they purposefully make the wording imply that it isn’t. Shady, IMO. All of the LoneStar stuff is Chinese open tooling stuff.

Thanks for the update, Maelstrom. GAP told me shipping mid- to late July, and I would have appreciated a call back from them. I will remain (somewhat) patient for now.

If you ordered in March, it should have shipped in the mid-July group. The current pre-order ships mid-August, and the current pre-order didn't open until all the previous orders had shipped.

Sounds like you need to make a call to GAP to find out where your scope is.

Dave

Reactions: CStroud
If you ordered in March, it should have shipped in the mid-July group. The current pre-order ships mid-August, and the current pre-order didn't open until all the previous orders had shipped.

Sounds like you need to make a call to GAP to find out where your scope is.

Dave
I've called there three times now with no reply. Will try again this week... Not holding my breath though.

I use a weaver tactical 3-15 for hunting. I like it because the reticle is not too busy or tactical and feel that for hunting it is good. The low power of 3 is also perfect. I'd love to try the 4.5-18 offering from Bushnell and the reticle really intrigues me, but that low power of 4.5 really has me thinking it over too much. Here in South Texas, I can have deer come out as close as 30 to 45 yards all the way out to maybe 400. Anyone think I'll be hindered by the low power? I also nigh hunt for pigs and love that I can go down to power 3 with my weaver. Does anybody think that 4.5 is too much power for a 30 yard deer shot or maybe a 50 yard night shot on a pig? I typically like low powers for hunting.

That throw lever is made in China, and they purposefully make the wording imply that it isn’t. Shady, IMO. All of the LoneStar stuff is Chinese open tooling stuff.

I was not aware of the China fabrication. I will say the lever does fit correctly and I've had zero issues with it thus far.

I use a weaver tactical 3-15 for hunting. I like it because the reticle is not too busy or tactical and feel that for hunting it is good. The low power of 3 is also perfect. I'd love to try the 4.5-18 offering from Bushnell and the reticle really intrigues me, but that low power of 4.5 really has me thinking it over too much. Here in South Texas, I can have deer come out as close as 30 to 45 yards all the way out to maybe 400. Anyone think I'll be hindered by the low power? I also nigh hunt for pigs and love that I can go down to power 3 with my weaver. Does anybody think that 4.5 is too much power for a 30 yard deer shot or maybe a 50 yard night shot on a pig? I typically like low powers for hunting.

I don’t think it is...I have shot several deer, antelope and Elk 10-25 yards with 4x. For me, shooting both eyes makes the shot easy.

I dropped this bull at 30 yards on the trot coming to my hoochie on 4X. He almost ran me down, on his way to a real cow returning his love calls right behind me.

I think you would find the power range 4.5-18 about ideal.

2F2EBC89-7C78-4A50-A337-A35100E5E58C.jpeg

standard military optics are fixed 4x, which are used for CQB all the time. You'll be fine.

Haha yeah, if you miss it's practically because you suck haha. Alright I'm starting to get more convinced...
You won't find a better scope at this price, the LRHS/LRTS really found something magical with the optical formula, you have to pay $2k+ to get better glass IMO (the Toric is probably the closest) and at $750 from GAP these are a steal! The Vortex PST II 3-15x44 is another great option if you feel you must have 3x and want parallax lower than 75y, but with the circle of death on the LRHS it's going to help on low mag, the LRHS is better overall optically vs. the PST II but the Vortex is not bad by any means. I realize it's not all about glass, that being said the LRTS/LRHS has a great track record of tracking being spot on. On Saturday I had a bunch of scopes out trying to wrap up some reviews and I had the LRHS alongside my S&B 3-20 Ultra Short and I was surprised to see the LRHS gave up very little optically, it's that good (but yes, the S&B is better). Every time I look through the scopes (had an LRTS last year) there is just something special about the IQ, the image has good depth and great pop and resolution is superb for a scope in this category.

Left to right: Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18x44, Vortex PST II 3-15x44, Schmidt & Bender Ultra Short 3-20x50, Tract Toric 4-20x50, Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44

_WJM3740.jpg

Here's a through the scope shot with the LRHS at 4.5x to give you an idea at 100y, please note that the IQ was superb even though the image may not appear that way, taking images through a scope with a phone/camera never shows off how good the image looks so do not use this image as an indicator of IQ. The reticle may seem to get lost a bit with the busy target (but when looking with you're eye it is much better defined) but it would not get lost on a deer or other big game animals, plus the illumination is daylight bright which would also help in high contrast situations. The Circle of Death is 4 mils in diameter which is 14.4" at 100y or 7.2" at 50y.

_WJM3735.jpg

Last edited:
All,
Be sure to follow up with your orders and be persistent to make sure they get invoiced or however it works, also be sure and look for calls from 816 area code. My order placed on 22 May was never invoiced so they charged me $500 and sold my scope away and didn't let me know. Four unanswered voice messages and unanswered emails later over the last two weeks, and I finally got in touch with someone via phone a few minutes ago and got in for the August shipment. No price break for my trouble, and it doesn't sound like they are even going to eat shipping as a sign of good faith. Was informed I was called twice, but received no messages; so again: look for calls from 816 area code so you don't miss it. He was awfully keen on refunding my money, but whats a waiting a couple more days? Was also told that they will put me at the top of the list for calls when they are ready to ship scopes again; which, by the way, should start in two days.

Aaron

Deleted

(I’m an idiot; thought I was replying to the latest post *facepalm*)

Last edited:
All,
Be sure to follow up with your orders and be persistent to make sure they get invoiced or however it works, also be sure and look for calls from 816 area code. My order placed on 22 May was never invoiced so they charged me $500 and sold my scope away and didn't let me know. Four unanswered voice messages and unanswered emails later over the last two weeks, and I finally got in touch with someone via phone a few minutes ago and got in for the August shipment. No price break for my trouble, and it doesn't sound like they are even going to eat shipping as a sign of good faith. Was informed I was called twice, but received no messages; so again: look for calls from 816 area code so you don't miss it. He was awfully keen on refunding my money, but whats a waiting a couple more days? Was also told that they will put me at the top of the list for calls when they are ready to ship scopes again; which, by the way, should start in two days.

Aaron
Actually you were called 3 times and we left messages all 3 times unless your voicemail was full. and we did have 6 scopes still here we did not sell yours. Unfortunately when you called you talked to the wrong person and not the one handling these scopes. Your scope was shipped the day after you called. Not sure why your being so dramatic. or feel you were wronged. Out of 450 scopes sold so far I think this was the only hiccup and it was a small one if one at all.

George

There are aprox 60-80 scopes left get them while they last. The August Batch arrived at Bushnell 3 days ago they are being QC'ed now and will be here next week with any luck so Defiantly shipping buy the 15th or so.

Reactions: Boozer
Actually you were called 3 times and we left messages all 3 times unless your voicemail was full. and we did have 6 scopes still here we did not sell yours. Unfortunately when you called you talked to the wrong person and not the one handling these scopes. Your scope was shipped the day after you called. Not sure why your being so dramatic. or feel you were wronged. Out of 450 scopes sold so far I think this was the only hiccup and it was a small one if one at all.

George

Good evening George,
I did some investigating after talking with your associates and it turns out my cell service had a hiccup. This hiccup in service cost me a job opportunity, but that is beside the point. I did end up getting one voice message from GAP from a couple weeks ago, but I hope you can understand my frustration with calling back and finding out that the charge was still on my card but no scope was shipped, and was told that there was none there to be shipped to me. I was sure to leave my email with the person that took my original order as a secondary type of contact. It was odd to me that the scope I paid on was not there to ship immediately after regaining contact.
My post was not meant to be dramatic, but to pose as a heads up. This was not necessary, I admit, after finding out this afternoon that my cell service was at fault. Your associates handled it as they should have, in retrospect. And I apologize if I came off as 'dramatic'... not intended, just wanted to tell the story as it happened.
As of now, I have FedEx emails saying the item is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Thanks for the great deal.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

Reactions: CStroud
I ordered one yesterday but the website didn't like my shipping address (office) and billing address (home) not matching. Tried calling and got message they had closed so I submitted email through the site. Within an hour Ken called me and got everything worked out, he even helped me select rings and added those to my order.

Excited to get my scope and put it to work.

I ordered one yesterday but the website didn't like my shipping address (office) and billing address (home) not matching. Tried calling and got message they had closed so I submitted email through the site. Within an hour Ken called me and got everything worked out, he even helped me select rings and added those to my order.

Excited to get my scope and put it to work.
Having this same issue now and came here to see what was going on. Thanks for saving me from having to ask.

Is there a better option you recommend? That was the first one I found when looking for one.
Wish I did. I used them for some other optics and broke both at the tip of the throw. Wrapped electrical tape around the throw part so I don’t cut myself.

Good evening George,
I did some investigating after talking with your associates and it turns out my cell service had a hiccup. This hiccup in service cost me a job opportunity, but that is beside the point. I did end up getting one voice message from GAP from a couple weeks ago, but I hope you can understand my frustration with calling back and finding out that the charge was still on my card but no scope was shipped, and was told that there was none there to be shipped to me. I was sure to leave my email with the person that took my original order as a secondary type of contact. It was odd to me that the scope I paid on was not there to ship immediately after regaining contact.
My post was not meant to be dramatic, but to pose as a heads up. This was not necessary, I admit, after finding out this afternoon that my cell service was at fault. Your associates handled it as they should have, in retrospect. And I apologize if I came off as 'dramatic'... not intended, just wanted to tell the story as it happened.
As of now, I have FedEx emails saying the item is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Thanks for the great deal.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

No problem Aaron, Just defending my guys, shit happens. Enjoy the scope!!