• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP FBI HRT 6.5 Creedmoor

brettcase

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2020
First time posting so apologize if this is the wrong place but saw a brand new/NIB GAP FBI HRT in 6.5CR for sale on Armslist locally to me (so no shipping cost) for $4750 and includes an extra mag. New they are currently selling for $5135 plus shipping/transfer fees and at least a six month wait. Good deal or not? Really appreciate your collective intelligence and advice and again apologize if this is the wrong place for this.

Too good to be true? Probably an ambush to Jack you and steal your money. I’d buy from Gunbroker, but I’d be leery of a face-to-face deal for that much money.

Too good to be true? Probably an ambush to Jack you and steal your money. I’d buy from Gunbroker, but I’d be leery of a face-to-face deal for that much money.

Possibly, but the address the guy gave me to view it at is a $2MM house in a very nice neighborhood, so I think it’s the real deal.

Just my .2 of input on private gun deals based on the many I’ve done. Here in Va, as of 1 July, all gun sales will have to go through a FFL but until then, state residents can legally sell to each other. I never agree to meet at a private residence. I once sold a FN SPR to a Secret Service Agent in an IKEA parking lot south of DC. Meet in a public place and ask for ID. If you have a Bud you can bring with, do that but don’t set yourself up by going alone to a private residence. Assholes/Thieves can live in $2M homes too. Just look at the Clintons.

First time posting so apologize if this is the wrong place but saw a brand new/NIB GAP FBI HRT in 6.5CR for sale on Armslist locally to me (so no shipping cost) for $4750 and includes an extra mag. New they are currently selling for $5135 plus shipping/transfer fees and at least a six month wait. Good deal or not? Really appreciate your collective intelligence and advice and again apologize if this is the wrong place for this.
I understand your desire to "have one now" I keep a woody( ok, once in a while) for a Daniel Defense MK 18) Four hundred bucks is now worth the risk!

Security concerns aside, the $400 discount wouldn’t be worth it to me to buy used vs new. The deal isn’t smoking hot, so price doesn’t make it a red flag, neither does the residential meeting place. If you’re wanting to save the $400, then just meet at an FFL and tell him you’ll pay the FFL fees. Boom. Doneski