• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP FN finally !

mark5pt56

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2005
Florida
Took some time, but she's here now. Just got it in today, scope mounted and cleaned ready to go. That's the only set of rings I had, may go a tad lower? The only thing I may do is lighten the trigger up some, easy to do.

Basically a Rock with an FN action and TA stock, flush cups bottom, left side. Mini FTE. Donor was a new FN PBR-XP, standard bottom metal.
I just wanted a solid basic rifle, somewhat.

FN Action, hinged floor plate
22" .308 1n11", fluted, 5/8x24, Badger mini FTE/thread protector
Manners, TA
NF 3.5-15X50 , older mil/MLR/ZS
Harris 6-9 BRS w/pod loc.

14 pounds exactly as pictured.

Mark

009_zps9f7b7f1c.jpg

008_zps18018aeb.jpg

004_zpsaf19f237.jpg

006_zps2372ed62.jpg

010_zps246e394d.jpg

011_zps0d943141.jpg

Last edited:
congrats, good looking piece, I'm sure it's going to be a good stick.......I just started my own wait for a GAP, seeing yours just makes me even more optimistic that the long wait will be well worth it.....

Last edited:
Indeed, thank you! Updated the first post with specs. I have high hopes for this rifle.

Nice looking rifle!! What color is the coating on the barreled action?

I did one years ago on a A3G that i had. It shot excellent! It was basically the same as their crusader.

xdeano

It's OD color. I think it turned out good, I like the greens more so anyhow. I almost changed calibers, thought on a .260, future plans on an AT though.

The FN CRF action is superb action. I've got over 5,000 rds on mine and have never had in issue. High winds with sand, shooting next to a 16.5 in braked DTA blowing sand into the action, snow storms, sub zero temps to high temps, and everything in between. Never a problem at all. I believe you are absolutely going to love that rifle.

The FN CRF action is superb action. I've got over 5,000 rds on mine and have never had in issue. High winds with sand, shooting next to a 16.5 in braked DTA blowing sand into the action, snow storms, sub zero temps to high temps, and everything in between. Never a problem at all. I believe you are absolutely going to love that rifle.

Agreed! I have three M-70/FN actions myself. They have all be relegated to hunting rifles, but thats ok, I take my hunting very seriously. Very nice rig.

Well, My plan was to shoot this in the 1k match I did today. But, since it came in yesterday, I went with the AI(.308) and actually did a break in on this one afterwards and then fiddled with some loads I had worked up on the AI. I will shoot this one in the August match after I tweak the Berger 185 OTM's in it. I was kind of spent at the end, but, hey suck it up and drive on.

I didn't have any FGMM with me as a control, but did have the BH's. I find the FGMM has a slight end in my experiences. The 43 grain charge is the most accurate in the AI, looks like I might just run with the same in the FN. Honest calls on the ones marked-forgot to mark the one on the 1st group of BH's. I fired 6 rounds on the 42.5/43/43.5 loads, usually load 6 in case I have a called flier to give me five in a group. Aimed at the square and adjusted scope low to keep a clean aim point.

It can be better, I know.

Factory Black Hills 175 Match
IMR4064/FC case/FGMM primer/175SMK/2.80/full length sized on RCBS standard die/seated with a Wilson/Arbor press
42.2/42.5/43/43.5

Mark

001_zps31b06868.jpg