• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Production Rifle

ugh. might have to call Monday. Really rather have a 6.5CM but... ugh.... I guess a 6CM is not a bad one to add to the stable.

Anyone have info on the area 419 accessories?

What info are you looking for? Should just be normal 419 accessories for regular or slightly less than regular pricing.

They will be making their money on accessories and rebarrels on this one.

Value of the gun aside, didn’t I read somewhere that few people shoot production class. is the thought that the extra 500 increase can lead to more guns like this and people will shoot production class?

Oof, I couldn't resist.

same. 6 CM for me. I don't think I'll buy an optic specifically to go under the PRS production price tree. I'm leaning towards another R2 4.5-27 or NX8 4-32, but there are so many great choices. What i really want is the NF7-35, but that is a lot of coin and would greatly depreciate my fun money fund in 2020.

I ended up ordering the 6cm today. I have a magpul ASICS mag laying around. Anyone use a magpul in a similar setup?

I just put in a deposit. There were no upgrades on the form. We will have a phone conversation once they are ready to ship. I would guess that we would discuss any accessories I want.

You guys that placed orders. You do any upgrade/accessories?

when I spoke to GAP last night I was told they would have an accessory package as an add on in the next couple of days. it was indicated this would include a muzzle device and rail (probably an arca) and at least some items could be added a-le-carte near the time of your rifle's completion as long as there was understanding this would cause a minimal shipping delay.

when I spoke to GAP last night I was told they would have an accessory package as an add on in the next couple of days. it was indicated this would include a muzzle device and rail (probably an arca) and at least some items could be added a-le-carte near the time of your rifle's completion as long as there was understanding this would cause a minimal shipping delay.

I spoke to them last week and got in a little early. I added a few things but it was more a la carte. Since then ive heard of maybe a package. Just was curios to what people were doing. I will get back ahold of them and maybe make a few changes.

For some reason, I had an issue at checkout online- I called and Ken got my name on one over the phone.

I'd imagine GAP already has all of the parts to build what ever estimated quantity they're planning to sell and ordering will be shut off once that number is reached.

I can't imagine tying up that much cash waiting for sales to come........

i left a voicemail and was called back the same day. (Monday). when I was on the phone I placed my pre-order

Gotcha. I know hes their head sales guy. I know when ya call it just gives 2 of their sales guys as options. Not that they are bad or dont know there stuff! Don't mean that at all. Just know everyone talks about ken. Would love to pick his brain about a couple things

Jeremy from GAP called today to confirm the order and ask if I wanted anything else done - rail, flush cups, muzzle brake, etc. Said I was probably mid March in the queue.

Spoke to Jeremy today and he highly recommend the accurate mags for this gun. They don’t have any of them in stock, so it was not a sales pitch. Just thought that I would pass the info along.

Jeremy from GAP called today to confirm the order and ask if I wanted anything else done - rail, flush cups, muzzle brake, etc. Said I was probably mid March in the queue.

BigPrince, good info. I recommended this rifle to a friend. I see now they have the old school sling swivels on the bottom of the pictured rifle. I am definitely telling him to go with flush cups for his sling.

Man, I just finished load development on my 6 GT I had barreled this past fall and my 6CM has no reason to be retired yet.
But I still think I need one of these...

For some reason, I had an issue at checkout online- I called and Ken got my name on one over the phone.

Anyone else have this problem? Did the server ever get fixed or did you have to call it in? Of course I waited until the weekend to order so they're closed now...

GAP isn't just a couple guy's in a garage "trying" to get started

A. I know that

B. I still stand by what I said. I know how to run a mfg business pretty well.

c. You sound like you don't have a clue about the importance of cash flow to a business

I can't imagine tying up that much cash waiting for sales to come........

I’m guessing this is why they have an order cutoff and delivery a couple months later.

Work it out ahead of time with vendors they will be bulk ordering soon. Get orders with $1500 down and then pay for the amount they need.

Again, assuming here. But I doubt they have it all just sitting around.

Something like this without payment up front that covers a lot of the material cost is how you get a ton of cancelled orders and stuck with product.

I doubt they have the parts on hand yet and have worked this out far in advance not to need to put up a ton of cash up front before having down payment protection.

Reactions: 308pirate
I’m guessing this is why they have an order cutoff and delivery a couple months later.

Work it out ahead of time with vendors they will be bulk ordering soon. Get orders with $1500 down and then pay for the amount they need.

I would hope you're right. That would be smart.

I ordered a lefty. Wonder if it will take longer since the original plan was to only offer right hand models. For those of you that talked to GA precision did they say what was included in that 419 kit and what the cost was? TIA

I ordered a lefty. Wonder if it will take longer since the original plan was to only offer right hand models. For those of you that talked to GA precision did they say what was included in that 419 kit and what the cost was? TIA

They didn’t. But I’m almost sure it will be the 419 rail and adapter and likely close to normal retail. They got make money somewhere.

I was listening to the Shooting USA podcast (episode 88) with George Gardner and Jason Hornady and they briefly talked about this rifle. Similar to what you said, they collaborated with vendors, will get components in, build in March, then start shipping. Very generalized summary, but the discussion on the rifle was brief.

Again, assuming her

Reactions: Dthomas3523
@JamieD, is this one of the rifles you were talking about in your last podcast?

Anyone get a ship date for their rifle? I ordered on the 3rd day and I am in the middle of the run.

Reactions: Wssickta
I placed my order last week of Feburary, was told I'm about #70'sh in the que and mid to late april... my receipt actually says 6 months out delivery, lol! Pretty sure it's their standard receipt....

no word yet (order placed Jan 27) and I'm not sure where I'm in the queue. what date did they begin taking pre-orders?

The video said shipping from March 1st to April 1st. I have a feeling that the run was 100. I don’t have any info to back that up, but a guess. I ordered the weds after shot show and when I got the call, Jeremy said they had already sold half of the run.

Ordered early Jan 27th. Was told I was middle of the month when I ordered. Haven't heard anything yet but hoping soon.