• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Good rule of thumb for GAP-10 is Federal and Black Hills 168 and 175 grain. Copper Creek Gas Gun Loads. Handloads using Varget, or 4064, or TAC or RL 15 43.5 with 168 grain bullets, 42.5 with 175 grain bullets.
Best advice yet! I found these rules out by trial and error with my gap-10.... But it's great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell recently that because of the huge shortage of powder ammo companies are using all sorts of different powders, I pulled a few bullets in Federal match and they have been switching powders over the last 12 months. 3 different powders Ive noticed so far. The burn rate of the powder is directly related to the gas port pressure and the pressure curve that cycles a gas rifle. Too fast of a powder there is not enough dwell time. Too much of a slow a powder it could over gas easy.

Its part of the evil of gas rifles. Hand loading is obviously a great way to go as you can control these things. Finding a good Factory load is great but if the manufacturer changes the powder on a lot you could end up having a problem. Its why you see one brand work great and others not work so great. There is no perfect continuity between all of the ammo manufacturers.

Good rule of thumb for GAP-10 is Federal and Black Hills 168 and 175 grain. Copper Creek Gas Gun Loads. Handloads using Varget, or 4064, or TAC or RL 15 43.5 with 168 grain bullets, 42.5 with 175 grain bullets.

Whatever the issue was, I was trying to just state that mine needed a slight wear-in period. I couldn't be happier with the rifle you guys built for me. I absolutely love it and it works great now.

The biggest problem I have with mine is when I shoot five rounds there's only one ragged hole instead of five individual holes, really confusing where those other rounds go????

The biggest problem I have with mine is when I shoot five rounds there's only one ragged hole instead of five individual holes, really confusing where those other rounds go????

I have the same issue.... I even dumped a few 20round mags and ended up with one hole....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get the gap 10 with 20" barrel, does it come with rifle length or mid length handguard? The website says longer than 20" you get rifle length and shorter than 20" you get mid length hand guard. What about at 20" barrel?

Happy as hell with mine. Had to put on a can since they finally made it legal in NC last season. Not a great pic, but first time deer hunting with GAP and suppressor. Only had a chance to get a doe but still
nice day.

Happy as hell with mine. Had to put on a can since they finally made it legal in NC last season. Not a great pic, but first time deer hunting with GAP and suppressor. Only had a chance to get a doe but still
nice day.

Where the hell is Pine Hall, NC? Western part of the state?
I guess I can post in this thread now as two weeks ago I put in my order in for a 20" .308 GAP-10 with Noveske Switchblock, Fluted, PRS Stock, and threaded for my Thunderbeast 30 BA which should be here in another 3-4 months.

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

I guess I can post in this thread now as two weeks ago I put in my order in for a 20" .308 GAP-10 with Noveske Switchblock, Fluted, PRS Stock, and threaded for my Thunderbeast 30 BA which should be here in another 3-4 months.

North of Winston Salem.

What part of eastern NC are you in?

Last edited:

I haven't been on here in a while are lead times down to 3-4 months ?

Last edited:
Line: the can is a Surefire 7.62 SS

I figured I would get the new handguard as well but I'm equally happy with the "older" one. In my opinion it looks and handles great.

From this afternoon on the unknown distance range at Sniper Country.

bfc12b94c36111e389bc0002c9d98f6a_8.jpg

Attachments

• bfc12b94c36111e389bc0002c9d98f6a_8.jpg
    bfc12b94c36111e389bc0002c9d98f6a_8.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 146
Anyone get a rifle or call lately?

Curious as to where they are in the order date vs delivery date now (are March '13 orders in the works yet?). The closer I get the antsier I get! Thanks.

I just made my deposit this morning. I'm stoked. It will be the longest 10 months of my life.

Thanks it shoots amazing. I hope I can get my skills on par with the rifle.

Im trying to do the same with mine. I can usually hold under an inch at 100 no problem, but I know the rifle will do much better because I've seen it shoot one ragged hole with a better shooter. I have had a couple close to 1/2" but I think I need alot of work. LOL I need way more range time with it.

Attachments

• IMG_8923.JPG
    IMG_8923.JPG
    571.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_8924.JPG
    IMG_8924.JPG
    550.2 KB · Views: 124
Im trying to do the same with mine. I can usually hold under an inch at 100 no problem, but I know the rifle will do much better because I've seen it shoot one ragged hole with a better shooter. I have had a couple close to 1/2" but I think I need alot of work. LOL I need way more range time with it.

Wow. Nice. That is the scope I would have gotten if i had the fiscal discipline and patience. I settled for the Nightforce (which I actually love). How do you like it?

Last edited:
Anyone get a rifle or call lately?

Curious as to where they are in the order date vs delivery date now (are March '13 orders in the works yet?). The closer I get the antsier I get! Thanks.

Anybody? Bueller Bueller Bueller ;)

Yes, there is a GA Precision current lead times thread (I watch it as well) - but this one often has more info for GAP-10s....As people get them then post pictures.

Pilky, I really like the MSR Reticle in my Bender. The whole scope is super nice and now the problem is if I buy another rifle I won't want to settle for less scope and I don't know if I could ever stomach the expense again. lol. I bought mine used on the hide for 3300, so I got a pretty good deal.

My GAP-10

Just bought mine from a guy on the hide who lived nearby. Its a HAMMER.

I can tell recently that because of the huge shortage of powder ammo companies are using all sorts of different powders, I pulled a few bullets in Federal match and they have been switching powders over the last 12 months. 3 different powders Ive noticed so far. The burn rate of the powder is directly related to the gas port pressure and the pressure curve that cycles a gas rifle. Too fast of a powder there is not enough dwell time. Too much of a slow a powder it could over gas easy.

Its part of the evil of gas rifles. Hand loading is obviously a great way to go as you can control these things. Finding a good Factory load is great but if the manufacturer changes the powder on a lot you could end up having a problem. Its why you see one brand work great and others not work so great. There is no perfect continuity between all of the ammo manufacturers.

My GAP-10 loves making bug holes with 42 gr. IMR 4064 and 175gr. SMKs in Lapua brass. Great thing is 4064 is fairly easy to find as well. They are indeed Gnat'sAssPrecision.

Hey fellas. What kind of velocities are you getting? Im running the copper creek 168 gr as well as a FGM 175s.
Also, I have some handloads of Varget 42.5 and 175SMKs. Just curious as I dont have a chrono yet. I can true it on my atrag and get something but I was jw. Thanks!

Latest Boar Hunt

Thought you guys might like to see a pic I snapped from my latest Boar hunt with my GoPro.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
Here is mine. It has a JP capture spring kit, brake, enhanced BCG, and adjustable gas block.

What benefits have you seen since adding the JP Bcg? I am contemplating this addition myself. The Bcg is the only component of the Gap-10 I have been even remotely disappointed with.

I agree with you fellas. Taking a DPMS BCG and putting it in that rifle is blasphemy. ;-) I'm gonna change mine.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Disappointed in what respect?

I took it out to clean it and noticed my gas key was loose. On further inspection on of the screws was snapped. The snapped end came right out with a little work but I was sad to see it was not even a steel screw. It was metal coated no idea what it was in the middle but it looked gray almost plastic like. I replaced it and the other with solid steel screws. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. On a gun this high end I didn't expect cheap screws. I know that is a pretty trivial gripe but there it is.