• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

For yall that run these in competition: what do you do to make the bolt hold open whenever you gotta move? Do you just have the exact right amount of rounds in the mag for each stage so itll lock back itself? Or do they allow people with ARs to just not worry about locking the bolt back?

Also, would there be anything wrong with running a smaller/lighter stock, say a MOE, on a GAP-10? Because I plan to get a 22-23" 6mm Creed GAP-10, but also a 16" .308 upper to go with it and would probably switch a lighter stock onto it when I run it like that for hogs/closer faster matches.

Thanks.

Depends on the match Id say 50% now let you move with the weapon on Safe. But MD's vary and some still want it clear for those I try to load the exact amount for each parts of movement.
For yall that run these in competition: what do you do to make the bolt hold open whenever you gotta move? Do you just have the exact right amount of rounds in the mag for each stage so itll lock back itself? Or do they allow people with ARs to just not worry about locking the bolt back?

Also, would there be anything wrong with running a smaller/lighter stock, say a MOE, on a GAP-10? Because I plan to get a 22-23" 6mm Creed GAP-10, but also a 16" .308 upper to go with it and would probably switch a lighter stock onto it when I run it like that for hogs/closer faster matches.

Thanks.

Thanks.

The issue is one of balance. A bit of weight in the stock helps. The UBR is ideal for this.

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3312.jpg

Is anyone using the 30mm spacers that come with the Badger rings? I'd expect them to work fine, but I was just wondering...

I don't see the big deal with this gap-10 rifle ...it's a D/I POF for a lot more money . you can get a p308 for 2,000-2200 right now and save 400 to 600. If you get the same barrel length they will both shot sub moa with match ammo.

On. Thanks for the update. Move along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
Picked up mine from my ffl today!!!
Very happy with the rifle. ..

2/5/13 0rder
2/21/14 delivery

Pics and range day TBD...

Last edited:
I think the weight is perfect, but haven't done a free hand with glass and full mag yet. Either way, I like my sticks a little piggy like anyway. Breaking it down tnite, and first thing struck me was how tight the upper and lower are. Thought I was missing a take down pin or something.

Trust me, he was getting left bicep pump for the photo op. Simply told him, do not drop it, or let me know if you can't hang. He hung in there though. Little turd keeps opening the safe, pointing at HIS rifle. bwahahaha. Daddy's stick till he can bench 300.

Feb 12th 2013 order and STILL waiting....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Feb 12th 2013 order and STILL waiting....

What was the quoted lead time? GA precision is usually spot on with their lead times..... I have to admit I had a much better experience with G.A.precision than I did with Volquartsen.... Apples and oranges I know.

Yours should be real close GAP-10. Jan is done. Half of February is done. I'm guessing yours is a mid length guard as we ran out but expect more any day.

Yes...it is a mid length guard. I know you guys are trying hard to get everyones order filled asap. Im just ready for it. Lol

Here is a updated pic. of mine. I added the Spuhr scope mount. It sits a little lower than the standard mount.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

P1040506_zpsf08d2326.jpg

Hello Frank,

I was wondering what Spuhr mount you are using are your GAP-10.

I would like to get the same.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Ok. Dressed up.
GAP10, 18 inch fluted, switchblock, BO FTE, threaded 5/8x24, Heiselle SSA-E, PRS, all FDE. Glass is Bushy ERS 3.5x21 in FDE, ATLAS in FDE. Noise cancellation via TBAC 30-p. Love it. Mad props to the GA team. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394488498.897027.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394488518.938166.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394488498.897027.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394488551.758569.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394488567.166524.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394488583.353594.jpg

u9ary6eq.jpg

Here's my GAP-10. 22" barrel in .260 Rem, NF NXS 2.5-10x42 Mil-R, Badger brake, Giselle trigger. I'm in love.

I was wondering what is preferred in terms of factory ammunition for those that have them chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

120 or 140 A-MAX?

I ordered mine with a 20" barrel.

Thank your for the pictures and help.

Last edited:
My GAP-10 .308

Picked this up last night!! My GAP Bolt rifle will have a friend now!!!! :)

It will have a USO scope on it as soon as it gets here!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2451.JPG
    IMG_2451.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Took mine to range today, put 40 rounds of SW 168 SMK through her. 25 with brake, 15 suppressed. Shot as accurate as my bolts, very satisfied. She's tight, so I imagine a couple hundred more are in order. Broke it down for a cleaning, after following barrel break in during those 40, and it was surprisingly clean. May attribute this to a good soaking in Slip 2000 EWL. As well, gotta say I think she runs great with the can. Had a few failure to feed unsuppressed and suppressed, and one double feed as well. Couple of times bolt wasn't locking to rear on last round. Dunno why, but figure it's due to tight tolerances, brand new, as well as brand new Pmags. Overall, the first round was good, especially with it's accuracy. Did a quick foresight with the Bushy ERS, and was on the ten dot in 4 rounds. My 30P was as predictable on the GAP10 as it is on my GAP bolt actions and DTA. .2 low, .2 left all day. Haven't run the switch block in off position yet, probably while try some subsonics later in the week this way, imagine they won't cycle on suppressed and really don't want to find out. She's a shooter and will only get better, next outing will be all 175 FGGM or SW.

Last edited:
Took mine to range today, put 40 rounds of SW 168 SMK through her. 25 with brake, 15 suppressed. Shot as accurate as my bolts, very satisfied. She's tight, so I imagine a couple hundred more are in order. Broke it down for a cleaning, after following barrel break in during those 40, and it was surprisingly clean. May attribute this to a good soaking in Slip 2000 EWL. As well, gotta say I think she runs great with the can. Had a few failure to feed unsuppressed and suppressed, and one double feed as well. Couple of times bolt wasn't locking to rear on last round. Dunno why, but figure it's due to tight tolerances, brand new, as well as brand new Pmags. Overall, the first round was good, especially with it's accuracy. Did a quick foresight with the Bushy ERS, and was on the ten dot in 4 rounds. My 30P was as predictable on the GAP10 as it is on my GAP bolt actions and DTA. .2 low, .2 left all day. Haven't run the switch block in off position yet, probably while try some subsonics later in the week this way, imagine they won't cycle on suppressed and really don't want to find out. She's a shooter and will only get better, next outing will be all 175 FGGM or SW.

I had the issues that you talk about, only a lot more of them. It's a wear-in thing. There was like a magic barrier at the 150 round mark and it started feeding reliably. The more you shoot it, the better it gets!

I had the issues that you talk about, only a lot more of them. It's a wear-in thing. There was like a magic barrier at the 150 round mark and it started feeding reliably. The more you shoot it, the better it gets!

Good to know.

This was my 4th time out with it and the only FTF I had were with one type of ammunition (SW Premium). It's kind of sad because it groups the best so far (nothing groups poorly).
imwas running SW 168's. Next trip out taking FGGM 175 and some SW.

I have a question for those of you that have received your GAP-10 recently and got the new handguard. What do you guys think of the new handguard? What do you like and dislike about it? I am getting ready to try to order a new upper for my GAP-10 and I am trying to decide whether I keep the old style handguard or try to get the new one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you were shooting 175's you would not have had these problems. I just think it likes the heavier round better. I'm sure after a couple hundred rounds it won't matter anymore.

If you were shooting 175's you would not have had these problems. I just think it likes the heavier round better. I'm sure after a couple hundred rounds it won't matter anymore.

That's all I've been shooting. SW Premium 175, Copper Creek gas gun 175, M118LR, Federal Premium GMM 175. All had the same issue until the last time out. Now it cycles everything except for the SW Premium 175 for some reason.

I have a question for those of you that have received your GAP-10 recently and got the new handguard. What do you guys think of the new handguard? What do you like and dislike about it? I am getting ready to try to order a new upper for my GAP-10 and I am trying to decide whether I keep the old style handguard or try to get the new one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the look of the new one a lot more.

That's all I've been shooting. SW Premium 175, Copper Creek gas gun 175, M118LR, Federal Premium GMM 175. All had the same issue until the last time out. Now it cycles everything except for the SW Premium 175 for some reason.

I can tell recently that because of the huge shortage of powder ammo companies are using all sorts of different powders, I pulled a few bullets in Federal match and they have been switching powders over the last 12 months. 3 different powders Ive noticed so far. The burn rate of the powder is directly related to the gas port pressure and the pressure curve that cycles a gas rifle. Too fast of a powder there is not enough dwell time. Too much of a slow a powder it could over gas easy.

Its part of the evil of gas rifles. Hand loading is obviously a great way to go as you can control these things. Finding a good Factory load is great but if the manufacturer changes the powder on a lot you could end up having a problem. Its why you see one brand work great and others not work so great. There is no perfect continuity between all of the ammo manufacturers.

Good rule of thumb for GAP-10 is Federal and Black Hills 168 and 175 grain. Copper Creek Gas Gun Loads. Handloads using Varget, or 4064, or TAC or RL 15 43.5 with 168 grain bullets, 42.5 with 175 grain bullets.