• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Re: GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

photo6.jpg

Finally arrived and i am happier than a PIG IN S*&T!!

5 shot group was done with SW Ammo 175 SMKs and yielded a .368" grouping at 100 yds. And no, that shot off to the right was not shot while making the group. It was shot before the group, adjustment of wind + elevation was made, then the group was shot.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Couldn't be happier with the gun!

Man, there are some amazing rifles in this thread!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coryfls3vvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
photo6.jpg

Finally arrived and i am happier than a PIG IN S*&T!! </div></div>
nice gun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back in Black...

rbwe51.jpg

FGMM 168's 100yds

a1gwuo.jpg
</div></div>
nice shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasClassIII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 shot group was done with SW Ammo 175 SMKs and yielded a .368" grouping at 100 yds. And no, that shot off to the right was not shot while making the group. It was shot before the group, adjustment of wind + elevation was made, then the group was shot.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Couldn't be happier with the gun! </div></div>
good stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine. Caliber is the 6mm Creedmoor. Scope up top is the Bushnell HDMR with the GAP G2 reticle sitting in the Badger mounts that is provided with the GAP10 rifle. I am using a Harris bipod with the DLOC-S from Phoenix Tactical and a monopod from Accu-Shot. The paint is cerakote and was applied by me.

I am currently shooting the 105 Hornady BTHP with AMP jackets at about 3050 fps. I haven't shot for groups much yet as I have been busy killing coyotes with it and just don't have enough ammo to justify "wasting it" on things that don't have fur on them. The few groups I have shot indicate that this will hold in the 3/8 inch size range with ease.

Add your pics to the topic.

GAP10_RS.jpg

GAP10_LS.jpg
</div></div>

good looking gun

Sure they look good but lets not forget how they shoot.

I needed some new dope for the hot weather so went out Sunday for some new numbers. The reason this is a 3 shot group is because I shot one extra round...it usually only takes me 2 shots to get dope at distance. I actually shanked the 3rd slightly but overall came in at 4 inches center-to-center at 800 yards. Mirage was thick as peanut butter. Note the vertical spread...practically none. Factory ammo. Giddy up.

660-g10-4-29.jpg

BattleAxe

Very impressive group. I would like to know more about the specs of your rifle and the factory ammo that you are using. Were you shooting a GAP-10, and if so what length barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jsnspck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BattleAxe

Very impressive group. I would like to know more about the specs of your rifle and the factory ammo that you are using. Were you shooting a GAP-10, and if so what length barrel? </div></div>

GAP-10
20" barrel w/surefire break
Mid length handguard
FGMM 7.62 175's running about 2680fps

Barrel has around 2800 rounds through it

Oh man, you guys! Stop it already. I'm on a one year ban from anymore builds (per wife, i.e. commanding officer) and not sure I can wait for this one!

Great rifles. Thanks everyone.

Jason

DSC03057.jpg
DSC03058.jpg
DSC03059.jpg
DSC03060.jpg
DSC03061.jpg

Here's my new Gap-10.
.308 Win.
O.D. Green
Rifle length handguard
Black 18.5" Barrel
Black PRS Stock
Surefire Brake
Atlas Bi-Pod
NF NXS 5.5-22x56 (MOAR Reticle)
Surefire Brake

Nice rides David and Cory! Got my MOAR reticle Nightforce in this week. I have the grandbabies in town so haven't had the time to mount and take new pics. I will get them up this week though. Did you do the custom paint on your rig David? That looks sweet as hell!

No, The OD green is a color option from G.A. Precision. Needless to say, I was extremely pleased with the outcome. Thanks for the compliments, I guess they should be aimed at George and staff at G.A. Precision. They are just awesome at what they do...

BattleAxe.....Is that at Bradford? I just went there recently, received a little instruction from a fellow Hide member, and shot 800 for my first time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarkKnight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BattleAxe.....Is that at Bradford? I just went there recently, received a little instruction from a fellow Hide member, and shot 800 for my first time. </div></div>

Yes. It was last Sunday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coryfls3vvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
photo6.jpg

Finally arrived and i am happier than a PIG IN S*&T!! </div></div>

Nice rifle, I am a LMT man, but looking hard at the GAP as my next rifle...

See you are from NR, LA.....spent all of my summers growing up in Simmesport

just curious what is the twist in GAP 10 .308?? seems to be handling 175 SMK's very well!! thx!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure they look good but lets not forget how they shoot.

I needed some new dope for the hot weather so went out Sunday for some new numbers. The reason this is a 3 shot group is because I shot one extra round...it usually only takes me 2 shots to get dope at distance. I actually shanked the 3rd slightly but overall came in at 4 inches center-to-center at 800 yards. Mirage was thick as peanut butter. Note the vertical spread...practically none. Factory ammo. Giddy up.

660-g10-4-29.jpg
</div></div>

I was there this day... that's actually me holding the tape measure. BA was running this GAP-10 like it was on rails. I actually saw him lay down a rapid fire ten shot string on steel at 850 that blew my mind. This rifle shoots. It shoots WELL.

DMack Out.

Just got it home, bought it off SH member Skoug last week. Finally got the paperwork sorted and the transfer completed. Scope feels like it needs to move back and I'm not sure about the UBR. Probably move it to another rifle and run the PRS. MOE has to go as well.

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3310.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3312.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3296.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3287.jpg

spectorc__20120507-IMG_3286.jpg

Really impressed with the quality of the weapon. As soon as you pick it up you know you've got something special on your hands. There's a level of craftsmanship that's impossible to describe. Hopefully it'll be making some noise in the next day or two.

Damn Truth, that may have put me over the edge. I want a GAP-10 but I have zero experience with a large frame AR. I'm torn between ordering one or starting a Bighorn build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC03057.jpg
DSC03058.jpg
DSC03059.jpg
DSC03060.jpg
DSC03061.jpg

Here's my new Gap-10.
.308 Win.
O.D. Green
Rifle length handguard
Black 18.5" Barrel
Black PRS Stock
Surefire Brake
Atlas Bi-Pod
NF NXS 5.5-22x56 (MOAR Reticle)
Surefire Brake </div></div>

I'll drive in a heartbeat to San Antonio with ammo in hand to shoot this beauty and to test NF's new MOAR reticle. Congrats on such an awesome looking rig.
grin.gif

What's the objective size on the USO? Nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huggin' the rail..

593-aadrings.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: green338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the objective size on the USO? Nice!
</div></div>

44mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice pics, Il stealing a few for the Site!! </div></div>

Steal this one from this morning
grin.gif

663-may-2012-sniper-match.jpg

664-imag0211.jpg

Great guns. These pics have really got me thinking - I'd love to see what GA does with a MA TEN matched upper/lower.

Great looking GAP 10's and shot groups.
I'm sold on the rifle in a .308.

-has anyone taking one out to 1000 yd yet? And what barell length?

-also is anyone running a Vortex Razor with the GAP 10/ thoughts on it?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokecheck45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking GAP 10's and shot groups.
I'm sold on the rifle in a .308.

-has anyone taking one out to 1000 yd yet? And what barell length?

-also is anyone running a Vortex Razor with the GAP 10/ thoughts on it?

Thanks </div></div>

I've got the .308 with a 22" barrel and I've gone out to 1250 yards accurately...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">forgive the crappy cell phone pictures...

2160389880106522945S600x600Q85.jpg

2210189940106522945S600x600Q85.jpg
</div></div>

What backpack is that?

100 GAP-10s and you are curious about the backpack?
smile.gif

Just kidding, Camelbak Linchpin, coyote tan

I've heard of a few guys on the hide hitting steel consistently out to 1250 yards with there gap 10's in .308. He has a pic in this thread, its the one with the 22" barrel leaning against the tree stump. Awesome rifles. Ordering mine next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard of a few guys on the hide hitting steel consistently out to 1250 yards with there gap 10's in .308. He has a pic in this thread, its the one with the 22" barrel leaning against the tree stump. Awesome rifles. Ordering mine next week. </div></div>

Yup... I'm submitting my stamp paperwork for my SF762SS-DE can this evening also. I'll have pics up by tomorrow
grin.gif

DeRaa Manana Broker!!!!!!

Which kind of glass are you running?

I'm sold on a gap, 308, 22", and I'm leaning towards the Vortex Razor. Is that to much scope for a semi-auto?