• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

Re: GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

No worries I will wait patiently for mine just make it the most accurate Gap-10 ever built.
wink.gif
Maybe a little extra magic dust on mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude - very nice stick. So how long was the wait? </div></div>
Thanks, got the call just 2 days shy of 6 months. George, big thanks to you and your team for building these one of a kind rifles! I've caught the fever and will be a return customer...maybe a bolt gun next time around. Hope to see you guys at SHOT Show 2013

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys the parts we are lacking are the Bolt Carrier assemblys, there is a national shortage again as everyone is stockpiling again becouse of the November elections. We have been givin a date of Oct 14th as the new estimated ship date. We will see if that pans out. Im crossing my fingers. There is 100 in this order so we can deliver the entire backlog in a couple months once we recieve the BCG's If anyone knows of any quality manufacturer of BCG,s that is not slammed with 8-10 months of backorders please let me know. </div></div>

So why hasn't Marty gotten into the BCG business? I would think he has all the machining equipment for it. Just curious...

very nice, Mine came in a month ago in 6.5 creedmore, its a shooter. (5 month wait well worth it.)

Kinda wish I went with a cerakote finish on my gap.nice rifle dude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robinc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda wish I went with a cerakote finish on my gap.nice rifle dude.
</div></div>
Thanks, yeah I'm glad I decided to go for the Cerakote, I almost didn't...it remains to be seen exactly how durable it really is.

Nice pics. I traded into one, picked it up today. Looking forward to seeing what kind of groups it'll shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The DudeLV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robinc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kinda wish I went with a cerakote finish on my gap.nice rifle dude.
</div></div>
Thanks, yeah I'm glad I decided to go for the Cerakote, I almost didn't...it remains to be seen exactly how durable it really is.</div></div>
WIsh i had went with full cerakote too. The matching paint color isnt durable at all. All the barrels are cerakoted though..

Hello everyone this is my first post so go easy on me. I have always loved shooting and been interested in rifles. The last few years I have gotten serious about it and started a little collection that I am proud of so far. I have a Barrett 98B with NF glass. That is a little expensive to shoot so I just purchased a POF P308 this week. I really like this rifle so far.

Anyway on to the reason I decided to post in this thread.... Please excuse my ignorance but after looking over several picks I noticed these GAP 10's look similar to my POF P308. Are they using the same parts? Is it basically the same company??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Defiant Deity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone this is my first post so go easy on me. I have always loved shooting and been interested in rifles. The last few years I have gotten serious about it and started a little collection that I am proud of so far. I have a Barrett 98B with NF glass. That is a little expensive to shoot so I just purchased a POF P308 this week. I really like this rifle so far.

Anyway on to the reason I decided to post in this thread.... Please excuse my ignorance but after looking over several picks I noticed these GAP 10's look similar to my POF P308. Are they using the same parts? Is it basically the same company?? </div></div>

Welcome to Snipershide!

GA Precision gets lowers, uppers and handguards from Hogan. Hogan supplies POF (or at least used to before the lawsuits, not sure what's going on now, but I know if you do a search, you'll find out all about it). Then GAP works their magic on the barrels and whatever else they do to these rifles to make them shoot so good!

On my GAP-10, the bolt release has "Hogan" written on it.

Thanks for the update George. I guess with the ship date on a Sunday, the 14th I can stop waiting for the phone call this week. 6 months + wait so far, I'll have to hold out a couple more!

Any update on whether or not those BCGs were shipped on time?

My wait started a week ago. "Are we there yet!!!"

All joking aside, I have heard so many great things about the rifles they build and the people they have. I placed my order with Dustin and he was very patient with me and helpful answering a few questions I had, then some how my name got on Ken's list of people to call and he shot the shit with me for a few minutes. Very superb quality of people they have there. I believe that no matter what my expectations are, the rifle I recieve, as well as the customer service, will far surpass them.

All these great things to say about them and all I have done so far is ordered the rifle... Can't wait to get it.

Thanks again GA!!! Can't wait to hear from you. I guess until then I can get the scope and suppressor ordered.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The DudeLV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After the loooong wait my GAP-10 finally arrived and as I suspected was worth the wait
grin.gif

.308 20" Fluted w/Badger Thruster, SSA-E Geissele trigger upgrade
1349675993_zpscc6933c2.jpg

1349675995_zpsf928d52c.jpg

1349676077_zpsd9f22794.jpg

1349676078_zpsc9e6bedb.jpg
</div></div>

That is one sexy OD beast, congrats!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

Gap-10 308
NF 5.5-22x56 NPR-1 Moa/Moa
18.5 barrel, Surefire 338ss brake.
</div></div>

Anyone know what color this is? Coyote Tan?? Magpul's FDE??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gap calls it FDE. But it's more like coyote brown</div></div>

Line of Departure.... Your gun right?? It's a beaut... Ordering mine today

Yes sorry, I have a shitload going down with life at the moment. Been meaning to get back to your PM. Order it man you won't be sorry!

No worries man... Appreciate getting the answer... Was afraid the Magpul FDE was too close to green... but if it's that light and that close to tan... I'll go with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WyGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any update on whether or not those BCGs were shipped on time? </div></div>

I was wondering the same.

i am going to have to start saving my money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody got a pic of a 16" with a PRS stock?
</div></div>

I will soon after I get mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dingoding</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my new baby.

P1010198.jpg

P1010199.jpg
</div></div>

Awesome can't wait for mine.

What are all the specs on her?

Chambered in good ol' .308
20" fluted barrel with YHM QD brake
Giessele SSA-E trigger
Magpul PRS stock fitted with an AccuShot monopod
Harris Bipod on a Badger Ordnance quick release
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 scope
YHM Phantom SS 7.62 Suppressor

The bitch is mean, but she shoots with the finesse of refined lady.

Is anyone else interested in a low unimount with cant (20MOA)? Im going to email Badger about making something in 1.1-1.2 range.

6F1B3807-0665-4AB4-8C68-47531FC95827-1893-000001DD9A71BFB6.jpg

Picking up a GAP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor, those of you that have one or have had one, what load seems to produce the best results? If you have specific load data you are willing to share that would be even better. Believe this is a 22-23" barrel.

My wait if finally over!
Here she is: 6.5 cm, 20" threaded barrel, Noveske switchblock and ready to rock!
z0043.jpg

This place is EVIL!! I just had to add one to my list of must have. This place is going to get me divorced, or my wife pregnant again.

Just so you know. For my last rifle my wife made a deal with me one night. I could get a rifle (up to $6000) if I gave her another baby. It sounded like a good idea when I was drunk. LOL

I ordered a gap 10 upper with the works. I blame all of you! Now a six month wait.

I finally received my Gap-10!
308 WIN
18.5"
Noveske Switchblock
Surefire Brake
Fluted

I cannot for this weeks range session!

2.jpg

3.jpg

image.jpg

Nice looking rifles

Had it a few months, just getting around to posting..

[img:center]http://www.flickr.com/photos/21965363@N00/8250535146/in/photostream[/img]

6mm Creedmore.
23" barrel
Noveske Switchblock (I'll get my stamp when hell freezes over)
Break matches can (SAS Arbitor)

It shoots SOOO much better than I do.

ps. sorry for the lack of image. I tried every iteration (including putting in the html) I cant get the thing to display.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sic65stang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally received my Gap-10!
308 WIN
18.5"
Noveske Switchblock
Surefire Brake
Fluted

I cannot for this weeks range session!

2.jpg

3.jpg

image.jpg

</div></div>

I hate you... Still waiting on my can with another 1-2 months to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azbic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Picking up a GAP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor, those of you that have one or have had one, what load seems to produce the best results? If you have specific load data you are willing to share that would be even better. Believe this is a 22-23" barrel.
</div></div>

I shot my Gap 10 6.5 cm this weekend for the first time and it really liked the factory Hornady 140 amax's...1-hole group @ 100yds.

For those that are wondering, I just ordered a GAP 10 and was quoted 4-6 months, which seems reasonable considering current events. Now for the specs:

GAP 10 .308
18" barrel w/ Titan brake
Rifle length hand guards
PRS stock
FDE furniture
FDE cerakote
Geissele SSA-E trigger

Initially I was just going to order a plain jane GAP-10 and shoot it as is. Then I would upgrade what I felt necessary to make it shoot better for me, but I couldn't find any plain jane pictures and in the end I am not sure I would truly be happy with it. It seems to me the two most popular upgrades are the PRS stock and some type of muzzle device.

So if you have any pictures of a plain jane GAP-10 post em, I am sure others will appreciate it.

Add me to the list of recent orders. I am second guessing my barrel length choice though. I ordered 22", but really keep thinking I should switch out to the 20" - I want to be able to reach out to 1,000 but I have to be honest with myself here; that's not going to happen very often at all. So the 20" should be perfect really.

Anyhow, my order sheet.

22"
Badger FTE
Noveske switch block
Standard trigger
Mapul PRS
Black on Black

Undecided on glass: Most likely Bushnell HDMR for now with dreams of S&B.

Also quote 4-6 months; which is fine with me. Gives me time to sell some of my other stuff to buy ammo.

Really looking forward to receiving this rifle.