• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP10 ShowEm Off Pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410558533.631131.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410558720.967677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like a downgrade...:confused:

There are people who like the old style better (you can find them in this very thread). I personally like the new style just fine. So if someone wanted to trade a new style for my old style (both freshly coated by GA in FDE), it would be a side grade at the most. It is all about preference good sir.

Everything finally came together. I couldn't be more pleased with this setup.
GAP10 18" .308
Noveske switch block
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Surefire SOCOM brake
Magpul PRS Stock
Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C mrad
Atlas bipod
GAP10 01.jpgGAP10 03.jpg

Okay guys, I am getting ready to place my GAP-10 order with Dustin (already have a custom bolt gun in 6.5 creedmoor on order). Here are the specs I am thinking:

GAP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor
PRS Stock
20" Fluted Barrel (open to length, I may want to shoot it suppressed with my GemTech HVT)
GemTech/Smith Enterprises Vortex Quickmount Brake (7.62MM Quickmount for HVT and Quicksand)
Hogue Overmold Beavertail Grooved Grip (Hogue Overmolded Beavertail Pistol Grip AR-15 Finger Grooves)
Ambi- Safety/Selector
Noveske Switch Block
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
Multi-Cam Dip on Upper/Lower/Rails/Stock/Grip
Black Barrel
Black Recoil Pad
Black Rings
Rings to fit a US Optics LR17 (44mm Objective Lens)

Anything you can think of to add to this would be appreciated!

I didn't know they were doing Multi-Cam on the GAP-10. I guess I just assumed they didn't.

I guess for the members of the hide to better answer your question they need to know one thing. "What is the rifle's main purpose?" or "What are you going to be using the rifle for?"

Okay guys, I am getting ready to place my GAP-10 order with Dustin (already have a custom bolt gun in 6.5 creedmoor on order). Here are the specs I am thinking:

GAP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor
PRS Stock
20" Fluted Barrel (open to length, I may want to shoot it suppressed with my GemTech HVT)
GemTech/Smith Enterprises Vortex Quickmount Brake (7.62MM Quickmount for HVT and Quicksand)
Hogue Overmold Beavertail Grooved Grip (Hogue Overmolded Beavertail Pistol Grip AR-15 Finger Grooves)
Ambi- Safety/Selector
Noveske Switch Block
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
Black Barrel
Black Recoil Pad
Black Rings

Anything you can think of to add to this would be appreciated!

The GAP-10 comes with ambidextrous features and a Badger 30mm unimount.

To be honest, i am assuming I can get the hydro dip camo from them since they offer it for bolt guns. If not I have a local guy who does it.

As for purpose I am just a guy who likes the finer things and will never be a serious competition shooter. But I want a gun that can be a serious competition gun. So target shooting out to 1000 yards on a regular basis will be it's primary role.

Thanks, Jack. I saw the ambi mag release specified on the GAP website, but not the ambi selector.

Any other sugestions?

I install ambi safety selector on my Gap10 few days ago. I got the strike industries 60 degree selector. Quality and fit were pretty good for 22 dollars. I end up bought 3 extra set install on all my AR

GAP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor
PRS Stock
Ambi- Safety/Selector
Noveske Switch Block
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
Black Barrel
Black Recoil Pad
Black Rings

Anything you can think of to add to this would be appreciated![/QUOTE

Think I would go 23" on the barrel for the 6.5 Creed to take full advantage of the cartridge. 20" seems a bit short for that cartridge to me, leaving some performance on the table, especially if shooting to a 1000 yards.

I have a 308 custom bolt gun and since I frequently shoot out to 1000 yards I find the 308 to not be consistently accurate enough for me. The 6.5CM costs the same to shoot and has much better ballistics.

The safety and the bolt catch lever are the only things that don't come ambi. @ Dave I would love to see photos of the 60 degree levels on the GAP-10 (in both positions).

As for the caliber, if I was in the market again I would go 7mm-08.
Here is my reason:
Cheap but very nice LC brass can be bought here Lake City 308 Brass - Processed - Texas Brassworks just neck it down to fit the 7mm
Using the I believe 7mm 162 grain A-Max
Should be good out to just shy of 1500 meters.

The big bonus is you can find the parts easier than the current flavor of the month, 6 CM or 6.5 CM

Might even give the .260 a better look (again using .308 brass)

The barrel: 20-23 inches is up to you. The barrel length is just free velocity. I run a non-fluted 18' cambered in .308 and shoots 1/4 groups with my hand loads with photos for proof. I believe when it comes to precision and more over precision in quick succession, I want a thicker barrel. No barrel will be stiffer if you reduce material and overall diameter. If your shooting out to 1000 yds only you are not offhand shooting meaning weight is now no longer an issue. If anything the added weight of not fluting will reduce felt recoil and make it easier to keep your eyes on target.

Just my 2 cents, and that is about all it is worth.

The safety and the bolt catch lever are the only things that don't come ambi. @ Dave I would love to see photos of the 60 degree levels on the GAP-10 (in both positions).

As for the caliber, if I was in the market again I would go 7mm-08.
Here is my reason:
Cheap but very nice LC brass can be bought here Lake City 308 Brass - Processed - Texas Brassworks just neck it down to fit the 7mm
Using the I believe 7mm 162 grain A-Max
Should be good out to just shy of 1500 meters.

The big bonus is you can find the parts easier than the current flavor of the month, 6 CM or 6.5 CM

Might even give the .260 a better look (again using .308 brass)

The barrel: 20-23 inches is up to you. The barrel length is just free velocity. I run a non-fluted 18' cambered in .308 and shoots 1/4 groups with my hand loads with photos for proof. I believe when it comes to precision and more over precision in quick succession, I want a thicker barrel. No barrel will be stiffer if you reduce material and overall diameter. If your shooting out to 1000 yds only you are not offhand shooting meaning weight is now no longer an issue. If anything the added weight of not fluting will reduce felt recoil and make it easier to keep your eyes on target.

Just my 2 cents, and that is about all it is worth.

Thanks, I appreciate your 2 cents! I am going 6.5CM since I already am sitting on 1000 rounds of the Hornady 140 AMAX factory ammo. Very easy to get. I also have the powder, primers and bullets sitting on a shelf. All waiting for my first 6.5CM to show up (some time next April based on the 10 month estimated delivery of my bolt gun I already ordered from GAP).

If GAP can't do the multi-cam dip, ambi-selector, or hogue grips I want, then I will do them myself. I run the DPMS Ambi-selector on all my AR-15 rifles. DPMS Ambidextrous Safety Selector AR-15 LR-308 Matte

Barrel Length:
I always like this article (saw it linked elsewhere on the Hide) when talking 6.5 barrel lengths: 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel Length & Muzzle Velocity | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

GAP 10 6.5CM bullets and potential issues with the 140s: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...vy-swipes-2-pierced-primers-factory-ammo.html

Personally, mine is not fluted and is 22" - I don't plan to ever run it suppressed but that is a whole other topic. I couldn't imagine it being longer - as it sits right now with a scope and bipod it weighs about 17 pounds. I've got 200 rounds through it in the quest for the pet load but it is liking AMAX 123s on top of 42.7 grains of H4350.

Barrel Length:
I always like this article (saw it linked elsewhere on the Hide) when talking 6.5 barrel lengths: 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel Length & Muzzle Velocity | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

GAP 10 6.5CM bullets and potential issues with the 140s: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...vy-swipes-2-pierced-primers-factory-ammo.html

Personally, mine is not fluted and is 22" - I don't plan to ever run it suppressed but that is a whole other topic. I couldn't imagine it being longer - as it sits right now with a scope and bipod it weighs about 17 pounds. I've got 200 rounds through it in the quest for the pet load but it is liking AMAX 123s on top of 42.7 grains of H4350.

My 6.5CM GAP-10 is done! Got the call today! Can't wait to get it. I'll be interested to hear what you arrive at for the perfect load, as I'll be searching for the same. :cool:

Got mine a while back, haven't had time to give it a proper break in yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

.308 Win
Badger Thruster Brake
18"
Geissele SSAE
PRS Stock from an old 308
Battle Arms Dev. Ambi safety from an old 308
Bushy XRS
20140930_190635.jpg20140930_190650.jpg

2453ec1b910ccd24b08026234d6d1a35.jpg

6.5 CM, 20" barrel with new Thunder Beast CB brake (CB9 can inbound)
DMR trigger
Tungsten cerakote

Can't wait to try her out!! GAP did an amazing job.

Last edited:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"center","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/img.photobucket.com\/albums\/v412\/bulltdurb\/Mobile%20Uploads\/2017-02\/22C04E5C-1C0E-4561-9CAA-A8A3B398101F_zpswjdezkwb.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Reactions: SFC Carpentier jr
Here is my GAP-10G2 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Ditched the PMags in favor of the KAC SR-25 magazines since I am going to be reloading for this rifle in the next couple of weeks. Quickly becoming one of my favorite rifles.

It's official I ordered my GAP-10 yesterday. Since I live close to KC I was able to visit GA Precision and they showed me all of the options. What a great bunch of guys the hardest part starts the waiting.

Just got my G2 in 260. Muzzle set up for my Ops Inc 3rd model. Mounted up the Vortex AMG and heading to the range to do break in tomorrow.
20170424_224033_zpss5pcvdek.jpg

Gap 10 in .308 Sniper Grey with Vortex razor 4.5x27x56 atlas bipod and APA little Bastard Gen2 Brake. Pricey but very happy with rig that has ambi controls for a Lefty!

Attachments

• photo56882.jpg
    photo56882.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 292
Gap 10 in .308 Sniper Grey with Vortex razor 4.5x27x56 atlas bipod and APA little Bastard Gen2 Brake. Pricey but very happy with rig that has ambi controls for a Lefty!

I'm building an AR10 now and was planning on getting Sniper Grey Cerakote. Looking at your pic it looks nearly the same shade as the black. Is that pic true to color or does it look lighter in person. Love the GAP by the way. I want one I'm just to damn impatient to wait.

I'm building an AR10 now and was planning on getting Sniper Grey Cerakote. Looking at your pic it looks nearly the same shade as the black. Is that pic true to color or does it look lighter in person. Love the GAP by the way. I want one I'm just to damn

​​​​​​I took a couple up close pics next to the barrel so you could tell the difference. The sniper grey is an awesome color if you notice I had the scope colored also.

Attachments

• photo56945.jpg
    photo56945.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 216
  • photo56946.jpg
    photo56946.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 229
I should be getting a GAP 10 here in a few weeks, off of a fellow HIDE member. Looking forward to it.

What height scope mounts do you guys usually run? I've got a Desert Tech as my primary rifle, with a Razor Gen II on a Spuhr 1.5" but I'm feeling it might not be tall enough. Just wanted to see what you all had, as I don't wanna spend the money on a new mount before I really have to.

I should be getting a GAP 10 here in a few weeks, off of a fellow HIDE member. Looking forward to it.

What height scope mounts do you guys usually run? I've got a Desert Tech as my primary rifle, with a Razor Gen II on a Spuhr 1.5" but I'm feeling it might not be tall enough. Just wanted to see what you all had, as I don't wanna spend the money on a new mount before I really have to.

1.5" is good, you will not have an issue. I have the QD Spuhr 1.5" that clears just fine on a Gap 10 with a Razor Gen II 4.5-27 x 56 as well as an ATACR 5-25 x 56.

1.5" is good, you will not have an issue. I have the QD Spuhr 1.5" that clears just fine on a Gap 10 with a Razor Gen II 4.5-27 x 56 as well as an ATACR 5-25 x 56.

I gotta get back to the range; just chilling out at home the scope feels too low. I just don't wanna have to buy another mount, and re center my scope. Or for that matter, get the wrong mount for when I get the GAP. Thanks.

New to the forum and would appreciate some feedback and advice. Planning on shooting my gun at the range between 100 and 1000 yards, majority of the time will be spent between 200-600... Already spoke with GAP and I'm debating between a GAP-10 G2 in either 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm looking for something maneuverable and not sure if I should go with a 308 with the 16.5" or 18" barrel or a 6.5 with a 18' or 20" barrel?? Thanks in advance

As a side note any opinions on comparisons between the GAP-10 G2 over the SR-25 E2?

New to the forum and would appreciate some feedback and advice. Planning on shooting my gun at the range between 100 and 1000 yards, majority of the time will be spent between 200-600... Already spoke with GAP and I'm debating between a GAP-10 G2 in either 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm looking for something maneuverable and not sure if I should go with a 308 with the 16.5" or 18" barrel or a 6.5 with a 18' or 20" barrel?? Thanks in advance

As a side note any opinions on comparisons between the GAP-10 G2 over the SR-25 E2?

Between the 2 I would go with a 6.5 Creedmoor, but with a 23" barrel. I've been running a 6mm Creedmoor 23" barrel for many years now and I haven't had an issue with maneuverability. Have you looked at the 6mm Creedmoor? The 6mm and GAP-10 are the perfect combination! I shoot mine out to 1200 yards all the time.

I would not bother with the 308 if you are going to limit the barrel length to 20" and you want to shoot 1000 yards. With a 20" or shorter barrel, it will be very difficult to get enough velocity out of your load to keep it supersonic at 1000 yards.

I am going to be building myself a GAP-10 here pretty soon and that is the exact color scheme I am going with expect for black rings, including the sniper gray scope as well. Out of all the variants I have seen that black on sniper gray is hands down the best, in my opinion at least.

I am going to be building myself a GAP-10 here pretty soon and that is the exact color scheme I am going with expect for black rings, including the sniper gray scope as well. Out of all the variants I have seen that black on sniper gray is hands down the best, in my opinion at least.

Unless you're in N. Kansas City, MO, you'll be building yourself an AR10 if you use Armalite gear, or a Large-frame AR if you use other receivers. A GAP-10 is built by GA Precision and I doubt they would appreciate anyone else building a rifle with the same name. I don't know if they have trademarked the name, yet, but they have trademarked other names in their rifle line.

Even for a righty, not having to break position to close the bolt is a nice feature!

I have a Gen1 GAP10 manufacturered by Hogan, is there any lighter monolithic uppers guards on the market?

Last edited: