• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garand stock

maintyank

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2009
I picked up a Garand stock at a yard sale and the lady couldn't tell me anything about it other than it belonged to her x. I need help identifying it. I don't know if it's GI or after market. The unique thing about it is that it has several factory routed places that might be points of contact for the action. No glass has been put in them. and no serial#. There are two at the rear of the trigger group about 5/8" long,two at the bottom of the mag well about 3"s long,a u shaped one at the rear of the action about 1"x 1"x 1",and finally two at the front of the action. The right side operating rod side is about 4" long and the left side is about 2 1/2". All these are about 1/8 to 3/16" wide and deep. The stock has never been finished and has no markings on it. No cracks as a second would have. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Garand stock

Sounds like you have a stock that was preped to be bedded to be used on a national match Garand.
Is the stock heavier in the action area by that I mean thicker overall than a standard stock?
Unless there are other markings on the stock it will be tough to tell if it is an original or aftermarket.

Brian

At the action it's 2" and at the end of the forearm it's 1 and 11/16"the butt has been drilled for a cleaning kit.

The reason I asked about the width is. I had a national match Garand built in the early 90's and had a oversized national match stock put on it and it was thicker in action area. The stock was after market and was drilled for the cleaning kit also.
I have seen a number of real USGI national match Garands and I recall all of those being a standard width stock. Could be wrong on all of them being that way, but mine was a bit wider than all I can remember seeing.
I sold my Garand back in November so I can not measure it to give you the dimensions.
I would suggest going to www.odcmp.com and asking some people there as there are alot of Garand information to be had.

Brian

157-Go on the cmp store-you will see the stock-I think they are $90 or so.If you go on the cmp forum there are posts about them from various folks.barry

Good info Barry, that's the stock $94.00. Now if I could just get the rest of it for another $3.00. Thanks 157

157-If you had your profile filled out I could probly help you locate handguards if that is what you are needing! barry