• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin AB watch

Here is a screenshot of the Target Card:
View attachment 7679821

There are instructions on the download page, where it explains how to install, that also explain how to roll back to the previous release.
Thanks for the screen shot. Unfortunately, the update does not let you update the targets in the Target card with the range finder any more.
I need to be able to scroll through and update all the targets then go back to view and what I find is that on Target card with the update only updates Target one no matter what Target is selected on the Target card.

Thanks for the screen shot. Unfortunately, the update does not let you update the targets in the Target card with the range finder any more.
I need to be able to scroll through and update all the targets then go back to view and what I find is that on Target card with the update only updates Target one no matter what Target is selected on the Target card.
If you go to Target, instead of Target Card you can scroll through and update each target. The Target Card is a read-only view of all the targets.

If you go to Target, instead of Target Card you can scroll through and update each target. The Target Card is a read-only view of all the targets.
I'll have to mess with it after the match. I don't want to learn a new system and have to scroll through things on the clock.

I'll have to mess with it after the match. I don't want to learn a new system and have to scroll through things on the clock.
Personally, I use the watch as a backup or second source when something looks off. With so much going on at a stage, I want a clear head and big numbers. The watch is nice, just not great as the main device for a PRS style match.

Just my 2 cents

Personally, I use the watch as a backup or second source when something looks off. With so much going on at a stage, I want a clear head and big numbers. The watch is nice, just not great as the main device for a PRS style match.

Just my 2 cents
It is a tool. It has a place. But After using nothing but this for the NRL finale, Steel Safari and a NRL Hunter match, I do think that it can be an effective tool. I use the target card extensively because I can quickly load multiple ranges then scroll through with one touch of a button each target. It works surprisingly well and I thought the update would be nice because I could do similar but not have to scroll after I loaded the target ranges. I will play with it more next week and let everyone know but for now I am going to run the stock firmware for the match.

Most of the AB guys at the NF ELR match were running only the Tactix. I just can't see the small numbers with my aging eyes.

Reactions: enginerd
It is a tool. It has a place. But After using nothing but this for the NRL finale, Steel Safari and a NRL Hunter match, I do think that it can be an effective tool. I use the target card extensively because I can quickly load multiple ranges then scroll through with one touch of a button each target. It works surprisingly well and I thought the update would be nice because I could do similar but not have to scroll after I loaded the target ranges. I will play with it more next week and let everyone know but for now I am going to run the stock firmware for the match.
your shooting on the clock refereeing the watch? Damn you have good eyes and a good brain to manage it; especially when a match like ours might have 7 targets

your shooting on the clock refereeing the watch? Damn you have good eyes and a good brain to manage it; especially when a match like ours might have 7 targets
I am using it for the Hunter style matches mostly which have a good time limit of 4 minutes to find and range targets on the clock before shooting them. The way I used it at the NRL Finale was to load targets, rewrite on a card to put on my scope so I did not have to scroll through the screen. Im still in my 30s and the screen is plenty big to see my data.
For a field style match where you are finding, ranging, and shooting under the clock I see this as a big game changer because now I dont have to have pen/paper or accidentally wipe my data from my scope card and it is like having a Kestrel HUD just on your wrist. Once it is paired properly with a laser range finder, it becomes a very powerful tool.

Reactions: parshal
The way I used it at the NRL Finale was to load targets, rewrite on a card to put on my scope so I did not have to scroll through the screen.
Yes, that makes WAY more sense, in that way it is a backup as mentioned. But, I still find other devices a bit faster to use pre-stage, especially if you get the COF pre-match.

For a field style match where you are finding, ranging, and shooting under the clock I see this as a big game changer because now I dont have to have pen/paper or accidentally wipe my data from my scope card and it is like having a Kestrel HUD just on your wrist. Once it is paired properly with a laser range finder, it becomes a very powerful tool.
As someone who creates UKD Field style matches, I would highly encourage people to (if you're not) use hard dope too. I've seen a lot of BT handshake issues and having to restart - re-pair, causing havoc on a stage. Hell, been hunting last year I had a sleep-induced pairing issue while sitting on Elk. If it was not for my hard dope, I would have been screwed.

Come to our UKD in November (here is stuff on last years) - https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-for-ukd-team-field-match-or-hunting.6980614/

People get wrapped around the axel thinking they need everything down to the immediate minute with Kestrels, but dope cards even LR hunting or at a match, you're going to know the inHg if you have any experience. A 20-degree swing your the day-to-day baro isn't what makes us miss.

All this said I love my watch and the Garmin series I've had before the AB-infused version. I just wanted to put what I've seen out there so people reading have both sides of the picture. Get the watch if you like me like tech, just know it is not the best tool for every job.

@Garmin I have a couple things I would like to possibly address about the update and thoughts on how to better the firmware. I notice that while running AB the Auto update, pulls latitude and pressure every 5 min. Would there be a way (through the software update) to have the auto update pull pressure and temp every 10 min and Lat every 60 or 90 min? It is really unlikely that you will have any change in latitude that effects your ballistics appreciably within a 60 or even 90 min update window. A way to fix that could be a simple force update latitude option under the environment menu.
This is all to provide a longer battery time and not require gps pulling battery while you are running AB. I would love to talk to someone on your development team to run a few more items by but just dont know who to contact first.

@Diver160651 I get what you are saying but I view it as being used as the primary tool since it is running the calcs even if I scribe the data onto a different sheet for a KD match. I have been doing the Steel Safari, Comp Dynamics and am MD for one of the NRL Hunter Matches. I proofed everything for a month before I went and used the watch/Terrapin combo in a field match (Steel Safari). I used hard data cards for the last 8 years shooting every match and learned the old fashioned way. I am just playing with the boujie new toys and finding they work pretty well.

Reactions: Kpchurch
Gentlemen

Not to complicate the thread here with another question but here we go.
I recently joined as a new member after reading this thread. I’m wanting to buy this watch for several reasons but when I saw the AB option it intrigued me even further. I’ve read several articles about the watch and find it to be a solid piece of hardware. However, I was stumped after reading about it here. Full disclosure, I’m no regular long range shooter and probably will only ever begin to use a tool such as AB in hunting situations once I get comfortable using AB and the other tools I need such as a Kestrel. The trouble began when I found out that you could buy a kestrel with AB on it which stumped me to think I might be wasting my money in buying the watch and a non AB wind instrument. I realize I am probably not considering everything I need to for this purchase but I figured someone here would be able to help me make the best decision or even explain a better route for me to take. I hope that explanation wasn’t to complicated.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Gentlemen

Not to complicate the thread here with another question but here we go.
I recently joined as a new member after reading this thread. I’m wanting to buy this watch for several reasons but when I saw the AB option it intrigued me even further. I’ve read several articles about the watch and find it to be a solid piece of hardware. However, I was stumped after reading about it here. Full disclosure, I’m no regular long range shooter and probably will only ever begin to use a tool such as AB in hunting situations once I get comfortable using AB and the other tools I need such as a Kestrel. The trouble began when I found out that you could buy a kestrel with AB on it which stumped me to think I might be wasting my money in buying the watch and a non AB wind instrument. I realize I am probably not considering everything I need to for this purchase but I figured someone here would be able to help me make the best decision or even explain a better route for me to take. I hope that explanation wasn’t to complicated.
Thanks in advance for your help.
1 is none 2 is 1

kestrels die and so do the watches. Food for thought, you can’t get wind data without a kestrel or the weather flow meter for your phone. You need either a kestrel or a Tempe to get the temp. So if it were me id get a kestrel first. Then the watch. But, if you are wanting to spend the coin, get em both. I recommend the kestrel with AB. It may be redundant but you’ll find that it’s nice to have that redundancy. Reference my first line.

1 is none 2 is 1

kestrels die and so do the watches. Food for thought, you can’t get wind data without a kestrel or the weather flow meter for your phone. You need either a kestrel or a Tempe to get the temp. So if it were me id get a kestrel first. Then the watch. But, if you are wanting to spend the coin, get em both. I recommend the kestrel with AB. It may be redundant but you’ll find that it’s nice to have that redundancy. Reference my first line.
Thanks. That makes since.

@Garmin

Any updates to this list?

Compatible Rangefinders​

• Sig Sauer KILO 2400 BDX
  • Sig Sauer KILO 3000 BDX
  • Safran Vectronix Terrapin X

Really hoping for a nice LRF binos OR something rail mounted...

The Bushnell Nitro 1800 and the Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB are also compatible.

Range from my vectronix is not sending to the AB in watch even tho it says vectronix “connected” any idea what I am doing wrong?
I had the same issue a few weeks back. Powered watch off/on. Removed battery from Terrapin. Removed Terrapin from watch and reinstalled. Still didn't work. Later that day I grabbed the Terrapin and it worked without issue. Not sure what fixed it.

Solved :)! Don’t know how exactly, but the sequence of steps might help someone:

- reset Delta to factory
- update Delta fw again
- pull battery off Nitro for like 5mins
- turn Nitro on and set it to ABE (mine was still there even after pulling the battery)
- add AB sensor on Delta, should pair quite quickly
- open AB app from activities
- laze target and have fun ;)

I did not have my phone with me doing this, so connection between Delta and iPhone might influence this as well
Hi all, just joined the forum.
I’ve had a tactix delta AB for two weeks and the bushnell nitro for a day.
Like others started out, i can pair the nitro with the garmin as per all your instructions and it connects but will not transfer the range from the nitro the the delta. I’ve read everything you guys have said and how to do it. I’ve been trying as you all have said for hours but with no luck. Has there been any further knowledge gained as to what the issue is? It’s really doing my head in. I cannot believe this is still an issue after so long.

Like others started out, i can pair the nitro with the garmin as per all your instructions and it connects but will not transfer the range from the nitro the the delta. I’ve read everything you guys have said and how to do it. I’ve been trying as you all have said for hours but with no luck. Has there been any further knowledge gained as to what the issue is? It’s really doing my head in. I cannot believe this is still an issue after so long.
one thing i forgot to ask is that did you guys that got the bushnell nitro working upgrade did you upgrade it to Sportsman or Elite? i’m wondering if makes any difference?

Like others started out, i can pair the nitro with the garmin as per all your instructions and it connects but will not transfer the range from the nitro the the delta.
Here's a few things to check.

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Tactix. You can get the latest with the Garmin Express application on your PC or Mac. If you have paired to the Garmin Connect mobile app it will update as well periodically. The current firmware version for the Tactix Delta is v19.20

2. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Nitro. See Bushnell docs for how to do this.

3. Make sure the LRF is in AB External Mode. It will show "AbE" at the bottom of the screen when you range something.

4. The main AB screen on the Tactix shows data from whichever Target is "current". If you go into the Target menu and choose the Target you want to see the data for you can scroll down to "set as Current". Make sure things are setup the way you think they are as this can cause confusion.

5. Some of the LRFs don't send data to the watch if the range is very short. It seems like the cutoff is about 40 yards or so, I always have to go outside to test it as nothing in my office is far enough away.

6. Go to Menu->Sensors & Accessories->Applied Ballistics to make sure it's showing as Connected.

If everything is setup as above, it should work.

Here's a few things to check.

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Tactix. You can get the latest with the Garmin Express application on your PC or Mac. If you have paired to the Garmin Connect mobile app it will update as well periodically. The current firmware version for the Tactix Delta is v19.20

2. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the Nitro. See Bushnell docs for how to do this.

3. Make sure the LRF is in AB External Mode. It will show "AbE" at the bottom of the screen when you range something.

4. The main AB screen on the Tactix shows data from whichever Target is "current". If you go into the Target menu and choose the Target you want to see the data for you can scroll down to "set as Current". Make sure things are setup the way you think they are as this can cause confusion.

5. Some of the LRFs don't send data to the watch if the range is very short. It seems like the cutoff is about 40 yards or so, I always have to go outside to test it as nothing in my office is far enough away.

6. Go to Menu->Sensors & Accessories->Applied Ballistics to make sure it's showing as Connected.

If everything is setup as above, it should work.
Thank you for your fast and comprehensive reply, really appreciated.
I now have it working.

In the Tactix AB Range Card and when ranging a target does the Drop value indicate the total drop off the projectile from the muzzle? I have my scope zeroed at 100m. Is there a way of having the drop value read against my zeroed range at 100m not from muzzle?
eg if i shot a target at 100m there will be no drop as that’s what i’ve zeroed at. If i then shot a target 200m (aiming at the bull without adjustment, i’ll have a drop of say 12cm.
So out hunting, if i range a target at 200m it will show a 12cm drop and i can hold over that amount for example.
I’m also quite new to all of this and possibly don’t understand enough and looking at it the wrong way.

In the Tactix AB Range Card and when ranging a target does the Drop value indicate the total drop off the projectile from the muzzle? I have my scope zeroed at 100m. Is there a way of having the drop value read against my zeroed range at 100m not from muzzle?
eg if i shot a target at 100m there will be no drop as that’s what i’ve zeroed at. If i then shot a target 200m (aiming at the bull without adjustment, i’ll have a drop of say 12cm.
So out hunting, if i range a target at 200m it will show a 12cm drop and i can hold over that amount for example.
I’m also quite new to all of this and possibly don’t understand enough and looking at it the wrong way.
no because drop starts at the muzzle, even your zero has drop

Maybe you are confusing Drop with Path.

I really wish either Garmin or Leica would decide to get this connection issue figured out. It really sucks that I can’t get these two to work together. Any idea if an update will be made. A watch that cost $1,250 with blue tooth should communicate with a set of geovid.3200 that cost $3000. I am not looking to go backwards in glass just so that this watch can work with a cheaper LRF. Seems pretty stupid two high end items don’t work together.

Last edited:
I recently was testing with an updated Kilo3000 BDX and I ran into problems.

• AB Connected Devices showed "Connected"
  • Data would display on LRF, but data display in Target Card and/or Range Card and/or main AB screen would not display changed data
  • When on the "device connected screen" the display in the LRF would consistently display the data, but only until the watch buttons "locked" after which it would no longer display data on either device.

Do we know if the recently released sig LRFs including the 10k will work with the watch?

Do the Kilo3000's work? Mine only seem to partially work - Should I be calling Garmin or Sig for support in this case?
The Kilo 3000 binos should work. You can reach out to Garmin support and we can help determine what the issue is. Some things to try before calling would be to make sure both the Sig and the Garmin have the latest software. You can update the Garmin on a PC or Mac using the Garmin Express app available at Garmin Express. Once that is done, power off and back on both devices. Delete the pairing on the Garmin side and recreate it. I'm running the Kilo 3000's personally without an issues so we should be able to get you working.

The Kilo 3000 binos should work. You can reach out to Garmin support and we can help determine what the issue is. Some things to try before calling would be to make sure both the Sig and the Garmin have the latest software. You can update the Garmin on a PC or Mac using the Garmin Express app available at Garmin Express. Once that is done, power off and back on both devices. Delete the pairing on the Garmin side and recreate it. I'm running the Kilo 3000's personally without an issues so we should be able to get you working.

As an update, my watch + Kilo 3000 actually work a bit better now - I get AB to update in the widget on the watch along with seeing the data in the binos. However the auto-lock of the buttons disrupts the communication. I opened a support ticket with Garmin but still need to record some video of the problem and communicate with them about the problem.

I'd like to make sure you're all aware that you can load Beta software from Garmin for your Tactix Delta with AB from the following link: Garmin Forums - Fenix 6 Family. You want to use the version for the Fenix 6X Pro. This is the correct one for the Tactix as well.

We've made some changes to the Target screen and Target Card screen. Target now has a box around the selected/live target so you know which one is on the main screen. The Target Card has been reworked to allow the display of 4 targets at a time on the screen. This allows you to use the Target Card without all the scrolling previously required.

These will both be in the next Production Release as well but you can try them now if you'd like.

Did this make it into the standard release? I'd updated to this when you posted the above. I discovered yesterday, when I'm in AB, if I press the bottom left button I get the below screen. If I press the button again the watch restarts.

I thought maybe this is due to the beta software and I was going to go back to the previous but now I see it was to be in the next production release. I'm going to update to the version released a week or so ago and see what happens.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    477.8 KB · Views: 72
It looks like I have. Garmin Express shows me running 20.30 which is the same version shown here as public beta.

It looks like I have. Garmin Express shows me running 20.30 which is the same version shown here as public beta.
Try a hard reset of the watch. If that doesn't work let me know and we'll look at next steps.

Done. It actually ask set to default rather than clear user data. However, the problem persists after doing this.

Edit

Followed these steps to reset and now am starting from scratch although it did fix the issue.

Unprompted Reset​

1. Ensure the watch is powered off.2
  2. Press and hold the Down, Start, and Back buttons.
  3. Power the watch on while holding these buttons.
  4. After the first beep release the Start button.
  5. After the second beep release the remaining buttons.

Last edited:
The current list is:
Bushnell Nitro 1800​
Leica Geovid Pro 32​
Safran Vectronix Terrapin X​
Sig Sauer KILO 2400 BDX​
Sig Sauer KILO 3000 BDX​
Sig Sauer KILO 5K BDX​
SigSauer KILO 8K-ABS​
Sig Sauer KILO 10K-ABS HD​
Vortex Fury HD 5000 AB​
Any plan to add PLRF25C to the list?

Any idea if it would ever come to the fenix 7 or maybe when the next tactix get released, some kind of price reduction?

Can’t. Totally different Bluetooth protocol.

Even the PLRF25C BT X2 model that should be able to talk to Kestrel?

· Bluetooth 2.0 Classic built-in
· Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy built-in
Includes Software Upgrade 914486 - Interoperability with Kestrel devices.

Last edited:
My Delta AB upgraded to 23.10 a week or two back.

Used the AB function yesterday a little bit and it started freezing and the greenish triangle would show and couldn't do anything. A few minutes would go by and it would go back to the watch screen.

Plugged it in and it updated to 24.00 (haven't tested it yet)

Anyone else have the AB freeze?