• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix Delta With Applied Ballistics

Doesnt appear that one is actually on sale but most of the Garmin stuff is.
Ah, you are right!

P.s. If you are LE/Military they have good discounts.

When you compare it to a breitling, rolex, seiko, etc. its reasonable, plus its a smart watch with all the cool features and apps. I got my wife a smart watch a few months ago so she would stop asking me to find her phone (it pings it for her), now she asks me to find the watch. 🙄
BS. The other watches you mentioned will actually have resale value and the smart watch will be outdated in a month.

Reactions: HaydenLane
BS. The other watches you mentioned will actually have resale value and the smart watch will be outdated in a month.
Classic watches will always carry value. I agree 100%. My tactic delta will be worthless in 5 years. But my citizens or brietlings or whatever else won’t. Maybe not worth a ton, but not worthless.

Classic watches will always carry value. I agree 100%. My tactic delta will be worthless in 5 years. But my citizens or brietlings or whatever else won’t. Maybe not worth a ton, but not worthless.
I still wear a Hamilton I got as a graduation gift in 2010. In that time I've gone through 6 smart watches and a handful of Fitbits.

Resale value is pretty far down on the list of things I consider when buying any watch but it is something I think about. When it came to the Garmin I wanted the utility of AB elite above everything else; I also didn't have a smart watch so the ancillary benefits were worth the price premium over an iPhone app or a Kestrel.

Generally the best strategy to avoid ending up with a 5yr old worthless piece of tech is to immediately upgrade to the newest version while the old/current model is the least outdated it will ever be and has the most residual value. If Garmin comes out with a new version in 3-6mo and I still like the Delta I'll probably take the couple hundred dollar loss and sell it so long as the new version offers some worthwhile upgrades.

I haven't had a chance to go shoot with the watch yet but it has been worn daily and I like it. I just got the ultra fit nylon strap from the Enduro series and think I'll like the watch even more now. The Nylon strap it comes with is pretty nice but it's a little stiff and I feel like I'm right in-between two sizes, one hole is a little too loose and the next one is a bit too tight(that's what she said;)). It's fine for daily use but if I'm going to wear it at night for the sleep tracking I need something more comfortable, same for running and working out. The Enduro strap is really soft, a bit stretchy and the velcro offers infinite adjustability. A little pricey at $45($59.99 from Garmin) for a basic nylon strap but well worth it for the added comfort. I'll probably get the grey one too.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-15-at-3.54.23-PM.png

Resale value is pretty far down on the list of things I consider when buying any watch but it is something I think about. When it came to the Garmin I wanted the utility of AB elite above everything else; I also didn't have a smart watch so the ancillary benefits were worth the price premium over an iPhone app or a Kestrel.

Generally the best strategy to avoid ending up with a 5yr old worthless piece of tech is to immediately upgrade to the newest version while the old/current model is the least outdated it will ever be and has the most residual value. If Garmin comes out with a new version in 3-6mo and I still like the Delta I'll probably take the couple hundred dollar loss and sell it so long as the new version offers some worthwhile upgrades.

I haven't had a chance to go shoot with the watch yet but it has been worn daily and I like it. I just got the ultra fit nylon strap from the Enduro series and think I'll like the watch even more now. The Nylon strap it comes with is pretty nice but it's a little stiff and I feel like I'm right in-between two sizes, one hole is a little too loose and the next one is a bit too tight(that's what she said;)). It's fine for daily use but if I'm going to wear it at night for the sleep tracking I need something more comfortable, same for running and working out. The Enduro strap is really soft, a bit stretchy and the velcro offers infinite adjustability. A little pricey at $45($59.99 from Garmin) for a basic nylon strap but well worth it for the added comfort. I'll probably get the grey one too.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-15-at-3.54.23-PM.png
The strap is my biggest complaint. For me it’s either too tight or too loose. But I hate Velcro too. Gotta be a solution out there.

Given the current supply chain issues and semiconductor shortages I don’t see a huge evolution anytime soon.

Reactions: VegasKyle
Can you guys share some of your settings to save battery life? I am pretty pleased with this thing so far, it does a lot of stuff and is just cool in general.

Did you try the Garmin Velcro strap or one of the generic Chinese one? Do you like the traditional NATO straps? I'd bet there is one out there in 26mm that would work or could easily be made to work.

While researching nylon straps I came across this picture. It looks like the guy cannibalized the stock strap for the quick fit lugs and then used the Enduro strap. I'd bet one of the custom strap makers could do something similar, use the quick fit lugs from the factory strap and make you something one off. I'd be $$$ but you'd get exactly what you want.
IMG_5F00_0211.JPG

Can you guys share some of your settings to save battery life? I am pretty pleased with this thing so far, it does a lot of stuff and is just cool in general.
Turn off all the sensors unless you need them. I get 10 days, but I run a face that’s heavy on sensor use and is pinging my phone constantly. Turning off GPS will save a ton of battery

I get about 20days. I turned off notifications from my phone and I don’t check my oxygen except when I want to. Back light is about 40-50% and 4 seconds or 8 seconds for when the backlight auto turns off. I pretty much wear my watch all the time

The single biggest improvement in battery life on my Instinct was to turn off automatic PulseOx (SpO2) measurement during sleep.

Looks like the new versions of the Tactix may be called the "Fenix 7 Pro". I was concerned that the introduction of the Ballistics version may trail behind (especially if it indeed uses a discrete IC", but it appears to be on the list.

I don't know that I'd be holding my breath while waiting for a new version (particularly in the current electronics manufacturing environment), and I don't know that any of the new features of the Fenix 7 are particularly meaningful to most users. But I'm also not particularly keen on paying full retail for an outgoing model.

Just ordered one of these… fuck this place this place is good at separating guys from money. Only concern is the size. Not sure I’ll like a hockey puck hanging from my wrist. Some photos they don’t look bad, others they look comically large.

Question for the group…. Do I need to keep connecting a Sig Kilo through a day of using it like the Tempe? It seams like the Tempe is set to disconnect after 30 mins.

Well fuck. I could care less about touch screen but I like the NVG compliant screen and some other features. Not enough to make me buy it as my delta is just fine but I really am kind of upset at garmin for basically obsoleting the delta after only 2 years. Maybe some of the software features will be an upgrade to the delta. I also hate when companies charge full price for an item they know is being replaced up till the last minute.

Well fuck. I could care less about touch screen but I like the NVG compliant screen and some other features. Not enough to make me buy it as my delta is just fine but I really am kind of upset at garmin for basically obsoleting the delta after only 2 years. Maybe some of the software features will be an upgrade to the delta. I also hate when companies charge full price for an item they know is being replaced up till the last minute.
The NVG compliant screen is a feature of the Tactix Delta as well. You can enable / disable it by holding the upper left button until the menu appears. Scroll around the edge until you get to Night Vision and press ENTER.

Reactions: Badjujuu
The NVG compliant screen is a feature of the Tactix Delta as well. You can enable / disable it by holding the upper left button until the menu appears. Scroll around the edge until you get to Night Vision and press ENTER.
Yep. Forgot that was even there on the delta. I asked a question on your other thread fyi

MSRP 1600$ ...
Well maybe they can start discounting the older model.

well, I know where my tax return money is going. does the direct-to functionality support marine as well or just aviation at present? if not, that would be high on my wishlist, as someone who flies sailplanes but also does a bit of bay fishing out on the chesapeake

GovX has em witha slight discount. Whats hilarious is AB now charging Horus premiums for the suite. The delta had a 200is difference i beleive between the AB and Non AB, this one is a 300 dollar difference. Whats frustrating bout that is not a damn thing has changed with AB since the dellta was made but they raise the prices? Explain to me how inflation is involved here? Ill be the first to admit ill likely get one after i sell my delta, but i admit my hypocrisy. its just frustrating to see prices go up and inflation blamed for an item that is literally unchanged.

MSRP 1600$ ...
Well maybe they can start discounting the older model.
The $1600 is probably exactly why they aren‘t going to discount the older model…. It’s automatically discounted by the jacking up in price of the new model 😂

GovX has em witha slight discount. Whats hilarious is AB now charging Horus premiums for the suite. The delta had a 200is difference i beleive between the AB and Non AB, this one is a 300 dollar difference. Whats frustrating bout that is not a damn thing has changed with AB since the dellta was made but they raise the prices? Explain to me how inflation is involved here? Ill be the first to admit ill likely get one after i sell my delta, but i admit my hypocrisy. its just frustrating to see prices go up and inflation blamed for an item that is literally unchanged.
my guess is its not a flat fee but a contractual percentage on all AB equipped models. I’d have to do the math on that but it makes the most sense.

does the direct-to functionality support marine as well or just aviation at present?
Only aviation is supported by the Direct To feature. There is no reason you can't do a straight line navigation to any waypoint on land or water though. If it's not in the map already you'd need to create the waypoint first, but could then navigate to it.

I just purchased the Tactix 7 Pro with AB yesterday, Im hoping I will get it by next week. It isn't a need just a want. Has some great features that I will use daily. Anyone else order one?

I just got the Delta a week ago…I guess I’ll just keep this one a couple years.

Reactions: parshal
I just purchased the Tactix 7 Pro with AB yesterday, Im hoping I will get it by next week. It isn't a need just a want. Has some great features that I will use daily. Anyone else order one?
Thinking hard about it. Wanted the Delta when it came out, just never pulled the trigger. Though the more I read about these things, and see all the stuff they do in addition to AB, makes me able to justify it more. Getting harder to resist!

Only aviation is supported by the Direct To feature. There is no reason you can't do a straight line navigation to any waypoint on land or water though. If it's not in the map already you'd need to create the waypoint first, but could then navigate to it.
Good to know, just means I’ll have some waypoints to make.

Any chance of getting basic marine charts on the map display if we have the data via the navonics system?

The BlueChart g3 Vision and LakeView marine products are compatible with the Tactix.
That’s great, will be super useful for kayak freshwater and bay fishing where traditional stuff can get awkward. One more reason I’ll be ordering a 7 :D

Can’t figure out how to manipulate and if usefull.

It's just a screen to allow you to put different custom data fields for the current Target. If you are on that screen, press the top right button to get the menu and then scroll down to "Change Fields" to select the fields you want.

For example, I shoot ELR so I have mine setup to show 'Max Ord' to help in spotting trace, 'Velocity Mach' so I know if I'm still supersonic or not and 'Time of Flight' so I can count off how long to keep looking for an impact.

View attachment 7870983

Last edited:
It's just a screen to allow you to put different custom data fields for the current Target. If you are on that screen, press the top right button to get the menu and then scroll down to "Change Fields" to select the fields you want.

For example, I shoot ELR so I have mine setup to show 'Max Ord' to help in spotting trace, 'Velocity Mach' so I know if I'm still supersonic or not and 'Time of Flight' so I can count off how long to keep looking for an impact.
View attachment 7870983
Awesome thank you and makes sense. For the Timer, Reps, Load and Resp Rate how do you manipulate those?

Awesome thank you and makes sense. For the Timer, Reps, Load and Resp Rate how do you manipulate those?

I believe those are all non-AB data fields that would be updated by the activity that they are associated with. I believe most of those are a weight lifting activity. Timer may be usable during an AB activity but I'll have to check on that.

UPDATE:
None of those are choices in the AB activity. If you go into that menu and select items those will go away. Not sure how they got set to that initially. We'll have to look into that on our side.

Last edited:
Reactions: xocyrusx
I believe those are all non-AB data fields that would be updated by the activity that they are associated with. I believe most of those are a weight lifting activity. Timer may be usable during an AB activity but I'll have to check on that.
Thank you. If I press down on the bottom left from the first picture I get to that screen so I hope it’s AB related or can be used that way.

When changing the fields these 4 options are not options so i do t want to chnage them and lose them.

Any insight is appreciated.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 27
Thank you. If I press down on the bottom left from the first picture I get to that screen so I hope it’s AB related or can be used that way.

When changing the fields these 4 options are not options so i do t want to chnage them and lose them.

Any insight is appreciated.

View attachment 7871008

When you press "down" (bottom left button) from the above screen you will get that second screen. It's part of the AB app. What isn't AB related are the data fields that are currently selected. If you open the Change Fields option from that screen yoiu'll see a list of AB options to choose from.

Reactions: xocyrusx
When you press "down" (bottom left button) from the above screen you will get that second screen. It's part of the AB app. What isn't AB related are the data fields that are currently selected. If you open the Change Fields option from that screen yoiu'll see a list of AB options to choose from.
Makes sense thank you

I'm having a *really* frustrating issue pairing my Garmin Tactix Delta AB and Sig Kilo 2400 BDX.

When I am in the AB screen on the watch and range a target, the range will update on the watch exactly once.
If I range anything again, there will be no further updates, no matter how many times I range. Only when I
disconnect the Sig Kilo from the watch's "Sensors & Accessories" menu, then reconnect it will the watch receive
a range from the Sig Kilo and update. Once again, the range updates exactly one time, and then will receive no further ranges from the rangefinder until I disconnect and reconnect.

Both watch and Sig Kilo are running the latest firmware (23.10 with ANT/BLE/BT 6.15 and sensor hub 20.04 on the Garmin; RF Software Build 24170 with BT Software Build 1.125 on the Sig Kilo). I just hard reset the watch twice (didn't actually reset either time), and then performed an "unprompted reset", which *did* reset the watch. This hasn't resolved the issue. For comparison, my Foretrex 701 works fine, and updates with each and every new range almost immediately. Any ideas what is going on and how I can fix this issue? @Garmin