• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Tactix Delta With Applied Ballistics

Hey everybody. I learned a lot reading this thread and some others before I decided to buy the tectix Delta SBE.

But what nobody has mentioned so far is the incorrect installation of the display on a large number of watches!

Yet I have bought eight! tactix Delta SBE from different German sellers including the German Garmin shop. And all of them are incorrect assembled. The inlays are slightly twisted clockwise. Some more and some less. The two squares are not directly under the "24" and the Garmin company lettering is of course also slightly twisted and so does the content in the display.

It seems to be only appearing with the solar editions as I have not seen any pictures/videos of tactix Deltas without solar build together incorrectly. The squares are under the 2 and 4 in a perfect line as shown on every marketing render.

I am very unhappy about the fact that Garmin has told me the deviation is within normal production fluctuations.
I mean... What??!! Production fluctuations on a 1,500 $ Watch?! Are they kidding me?

It's almost easier to see the deviation when you have it in real life rather than on a photo. But I've attached two pictures and a marketing render to show what I'm talking about.

So my question for you is, do your watches show the same deviation?
Mine seems to be a little off, but didn’t notice it previously as I don’t use the bezel for anything. As long as the tech and durability are there, that’s good enough for me since those were the primary reasons I bought it.

Reactions: Virtuosity
Picked up one of these through the px free shipping tax free and incredible price! Very happy, and my dial looks perfect!

Reactions: Virtuosity
It's not a luxury watch and certainly isn't positioned as such. Frankly, $1500US isn't luxury price point territory either. However, I agree it isn't cheap and should be correct. With all that said I think $1500 is gross for this watch and suspect it has to do with AP's licensing. I have a 6X and only paid $800, my wife's 6S was only $700.
The watch has additional hardware, and features that will come in the future.

Cool that it talks to the alpha 100 and 200i. Nice not to need the kestrel or tracker display while after coyotes

Any parts talk to the 200i other than the inreach and dog track function? I wonder if I’m missing something cool.

Question on the range card function (or any other screen)- From the (limited) research I did, it looks like I can set custom steps in the range card, or scroll through the target screens, but can I view multiple targets/solutions on a single screen? I'm thinking, for example, a competition stage, where I want to view elevation/windage for targets at 420, 669, and 710 at the same time without touching the watch.

Question on the range card function (or any other screen)- From the (limited) research I did, it looks like I can set custom steps in the range card, or scroll through the target screens, but can I view multiple targets/solutions on a single screen? I'm thinking, for example, a competition stage, where I want to view elevation/windage for targets at 420, 669, and 710 at the same time without touching the watch.
Yes. The Target card let's you view set Target distances easily for this. I have been using it for the Hunter matches and had good luck with it.

Is there a way to just buy a Tactix delta solar and then pay for the software upgrade to ballistic ?

Is there a way to just buy a Tactix delta solar and then pay for the software upgrade to ballistic ?
No. @Garmin explained in another thread that there is a different chip in the AB models that is not included in the Tactix Delta other models.

If anyone is interested i found an ambient pressure widget finally instead of the corrected pressure widget that is embedded in the watch. Search for this in the connect IQ app. So far its pretty accurate but still doing some testing.

E45B76B3-9471-4851-844E-C1126DEC026C.png

Reactions: M77
My question is, (I've not read anything about it) does it link with a Kestrel 5700 with Applied Ballistics & LiNK? You would think, if AB has their name on it and were involved in the development, they would have said "hey, let's give it the capability to LiNK with Kestrel, seeing that it has LiNK and is intended to connect with other devices like our HUD, phones and range finders." If it doesn't that would be a monumental blunder of product development. Especially when it costs $1,400. I most assuredly wouldn't be buying one of it didn't LiNK with the Kestrel. I haven't dug into it much, but I'm also wondering if you can transfer DOPE data, firing solutions, et cetera, from your phone or computer. If someone with experience could chime in on the function/capabilities, it would be greatly appreciated.

Several impressions about Garmin Tactix Delta watch:

This is my first watch - after more than a decade being without one.
I bought it for several reasons - The Applied Ballistics software is a major one.
I really like the ability to make payments with the watch - I have completed my first one.
There are awesome customisable watch faces - I believe I have picked the best one.
Navigating through the menu and the AB software is easy - I was a surprised one.
Buttons are tactile and clicking - I can not accidentally press one.
Battery life is 2-3 weeks - depending on how I use one.

;)

Garmin TactixD with Ballistics vs. Kestrel 5700 Elite with Ballistics:

Side by side.
Each is working with it's own sensors and environmental data.
The watch is linked to an external Garmin Tempe sensor, because when wearing on the hand, it's internal thermal sensor is reading a higher temperature.
The Gun/Ammo profiles are identical on both devices - two different gun/ammo profiles are pictured.
Wind is set to zero.

IMG-5179.jpg

IMG-5181.jpg

As you can see, there is no reason to be dissatisfied...
But does the tactix watch LiNK with the Kestrel?

Why would you want the Delta with AB and a Kestrel with AB? They both provide the same ballistics functionality (ambient weather plus AB software) except the Garmin doesn’t have a wind meter.

Reactions: enginerd
My question is, (I've not read anything about it) does it link with a Kestrel 5700 with Applied Ballistics & LiNK? You would think, if AB has their name on it and were involved in the development, they would have said "hey, let's give it the capability to LiNK with Kestrel, seeing that it has LiNK and is intended to connect with other devices like our HUD, phones and range finders." If it doesn't that would be a monumental blunder of product development. Especially when it costs $1,400. I most assuredly wouldn't be buying one of it didn't LiNK with the Kestrel. I haven't dug into it much, but I'm also wondering if you can transfer DOPE data, firing solutions, et cetera, from your phone or computer. If someone with experience could chime in on the function/capabilities, it would be greatly appreciated.
It does the same stuff a 5700 does, why would you want it to link to a kestrel?

But does the tactix watch LiNK with the Kestrel?
No. It does not link with a Kestrel. There is no need for it to do so. The watch has all of the temperature, pressure and weather sensors built in that a Kestrel does with the exception of an anemometer. If you are good at reading wind, you dont even need to pull your kestrel out and the watch connects to the RF faster from my experience to be able to build a data card faster with multiple targets.
Honestly, since getting the watch, I dont pull my kestrel out much when I am shooting. I have been wearing it for a year and won several matches using just the watch and a linked RF. I never once felt like I needed to pull out my kestrel for anything in that time.

I just got the Vortex Fury AB bino working with the Tactix. I had to turn off/on the sensor on the watch to get it to work within the Tactix AB app. Just as enginerd says, it's very fast. The watch gives the dope before the bino has even changed screens to give you dope. Engaging multiple targets and building a target card on the watch is surprisingly fast.

Or temperature

Oh it has built in temperature. Of course if you want an accurate temperature you can’t wear the watch so you either have to take it off or get the Tempe. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I find the Tempe more useful since I can have it located in a good spot out of direct sunlight and not worry about it, the Kestrel has the same problem though. I sold my Kestrel when I bought my Delta, never liked it that much, I was more likely to just use it for DA and run ballistics on my iPhone.

I recently picked up a Sig Kilo 5K and really like lasing a target and having it update the range on the watch instead of having to manually input it. Manually entering range was my least liked feature on both the Kestel and the Delta.

Reactions: parshal
Anyone know of a deal on one of these….

A little late for a bump but I just picked one up form heartratemonitorsusa , they are $1299 but will send you a 10% code via text when you go to the website. $1170 with free overnight shipping(I was impressed by UPS on this one, had it about 20hrs after ordering). This was the best deal I could find.

Also be careful because some websites are a little ambiguous about what watch they are selling. I've seen "ballistic" in the description for a number of watches priced at $1099 or $1199 that are actually P/N 010-02357-10 when the one with AB is 010-02357-50

Reactions: Klay23
So. Am I right in thinking you can't get Applied ballistics and the Saphire face?

I have owned several Garmin's now, and quickly got tired of face scratches, hence liking the sapphire - don't care how the body looks - but the face needs to start clear.

The rangefinder/card is the aspect that really appeals to me. I run TruFlite (free app) on my Fenix, and that does me well (also talks to Tempe) - but - I know the battery will eventually give out, like they all have previously.

16471562944222133841880357363011.jpg

So. Am I right in thinking you can't get Applied ballistics and the Saphire face?

I have owned several Garmin's now, and quickly got tired of face scratches, hence liking the sapphire - don't care how the body looks - but the face needs to start clear.

The rangefinder/card is the aspect that really appeals to me. I run TruFlite (free app) on my Fenix, and that does me well (also talks to Tempe) - but - I know the battery will eventually give out, like they all have previously.

The lens on the Garmin Tactix Delta w/ AB software is the sapphire lens.

Dammit. I am running out of excuses not to upgrade!

I was mistakenly thinking the AB cost was 'replacing' the solar and sapphire functionality.
For me lack of sapphire is a deal breaker.

I know you can't get the AB without the solar which is unfortunate because the non solar model is supposed to have less glare and better clarity than the solar version. I prefer watches with an antireflective coating and the glare has been about the only drawback with the garmin so far.

For me lack of sapphire is a deal breaker.

I know you can't get the AB without the solar which is unfortunate because the non solar model is supposed to have less glare and better clarity than the solar version. I prefer watches with an antireflective coating and the glare has been about the only drawback with the garmin so far.

Well, sounds like they all get sapphire.

The glare is an interesting point though. Would have to check that out. It's all very well gushing over the AB integration - but it first and foremost needs to be a watch I can live with predominately on my wrist. I don't really do multiple watches.

Well, sounds like they all get sapphire.

The glare is an interesting point though. Would have to check that out. It's all very well gushing over the AB integration - but it first and foremost needs to be a watch I can live with predominately on my wrist. I don't really do multiple watches.
I wear the watch daily and overnight. When I need to dress up or go into places where smart watches are not allowed, I'll wear my analog stainless steel watch. That's how it goes.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I wear the watch daily and overnight. When I need to dress up or go into places where smart watches are not allowed, I'll wear my analog stainless steel watch. That's how it goes.
That's my primary reason for not having one right now; not allowed at work. $1400 is a lot to pay for something you can only wear on the weekends.

Reactions: phantasm
My second-biggest reservation about getting the Tactix Delta is that the Echo will presumably be coming soon. I'm not eager to pay full price for something that will likely be heavily discounted in the near future.

My single biggest reservation is that my Instinct Solar is a phenomenally good daily-use watch, and dropping $1300 on a watch I'd use only occasionally feels a touch silly.

@E. Bryant there replacing the Delta already? Someone will need to hurry up on that so I can get a Delta cheap! I still have the Fenix6

I know some may think this is silly but I want this to work with archery single pin adjustable sights

The new Leica app that is supposed to work with the newer model range finding binoculars is supposed to be working with applied ballistics. If I put a 20 yard zero then I should be able to develop the dope for the certain arrow and see what I need to dial to. The sights have scales with whole numbers and tenths and half tenths. I could hit the button on the binoculars and get a hold value in the binoculars or on my watch. Shooting 3D and field matches this would be fast and easy, less error prone. I was hoping I could get this developed in applied ballistics but the <500 fps it's not happy with. It would be nice if we could get AB to a lower velocity. Or manually import this to the system.

I still have the old Leica HDB that takes the micro SD that you can only have one data set on, and can only set 100, 200, 300 zero.

@E. Bryant there replacing the Delta already? Someone will need to hurry up on that so I can get a Delta cheap! I still have the Fenix6

I know some may think this is silly but I want this to work with archery single pin adjustable sights

The new Leica app that is supposed to work with the newer model range finding binoculars is supposed to be working with applied ballistics. If I put a 20 yard zero then I should be able to develop the dope for the certain arrow and see what I need to dial to. The sights have scales with whole numbers and tenths and half tenths. I could hit the button on the binoculars and get a hold value in the binoculars or on my watch. Shooting 3D and field matches this would be fast and easy, less error prone. I was hoping I could get this developed in applied ballistics but the <500 fps it's not happy with. It would be nice if we could get AB to a lower velocity. Or manually import this to the system.

I still have the old Leica HDB that takes the micro SD that you can only have one data set on, and can only set 100, 200, 300 zero.
Why not just use Archer's Advantage for that?

My second-biggest reservation about getting the Tactix Delta is that the Echo will presumably be coming soon. I'm not eager to pay full price for something that will likely be heavily discounted in the near future.

My single biggest reservation is that my Instinct Solar is a phenomenally good daily-use watch, and dropping $1300 on a watch I'd use only occasionally feels a touch silly.
Echo?

I’m sorry but what is the Echo? Is there anywhere I can read up on it?

It's presumably the next model in the Tactix line, as Garmin recently released the Fenix 7 (the Delta was based upon the 6). You cannot yet read anything official because it has not yet been released, and we don't know when this will happen (if it ever does) for a number of reasons including the ongoing semiconductor shortage.

Reactions: xocyrusx
It's presumably the next model in the Tactix line, as Garmin recently released the Fenix 7 (the Delta was based upon the 6). You cannot yet read anything official because it has not yet been released, and we don't know when this will happen (if it ever does) for a number of reasons including the ongoing semiconductor shortage.

Won't be surprised to see them come out with the next edition of the tactix Delta w/ Ballistics (they crank out watch versions like Apple cranks out phones), but will be surprised if they use "Echo" since they already use that for their fish finding gear.

Reactions: E. Bryant
Thanks makes sense!