• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Forgive the noob question, but does it have to be mounted on a rifle? I'm mostly a pistol shooter dabbling in prs stuff so I'm hoping this could do both for me
No because it can be used to chronograph an assortment of projectiles.

Reactions: Chuck K
Forgive the noob question, but does it have to be mounted on a rifle? I'm mostly a pistol shooter dabbling in prs stuff so I'm hoping this could do both for me

These types of chronos if not weapon mounted often need a trigger. On the andi the recoil of the gun is the trigger but there is also an external trigger for it and the Labrador. You can also adjust the signal to noise ratio to filter out background shots. I have never used it on a handgun so not sure how it would register without being really close or having a trigger attached.

Caught a glimpse of it on a YouTubers Gap Grind video. Looks pretty nice. Anyone know more about it?
Which YouTuber? I actually used it at gap grind. Loved it. I compared to my V3. Biggest difference was 6fps between the two chromosomes.

between the two chromosomes.
??

1696383260728.png

These types of chronos if not weapon mounted often need a trigger. On the andi the recoil of the gun is the trigger but there is also an external trigger for it and the Labrador. You can also adjust the signal to noise ratio to filter out background shots. I have never used it on a handgun so not sure how it would register without being really close or having a trigger attached.
It scans; in other words, it looks for the return signal

We have sent many hundreds of rounds with one mounted to a rifle, and I know one was on a rifle for a pile of stages at the Grind - it definitely works while rifle mounted. We have shot from 22LR suppressed (to check trigger) to lightweight 300PRC to check recoil. It's the real deal.
Does it track and log at distance like the LabRadar?

Reactions: wy_will
Well since it looks small enough to fit in my range bag I’m most likely going to pick one up and dedicate space for it in my bag.

My biggest issue with the Labradar is the size as it frequently gets left home when space is tight.

Well since it looks small enough to fit in my range bag I’m most likely going to pick one up and dedicate space for it in my bag.
This would be nice. I have a fairly large range bag because I could get everything in it including my old optical chronograph, the labradar is to big so I've gotta have a second bag.

This would be nice. I have a fairly large range bag because I could get everything in it including my old optical chronograph, the labradar is to big so I've gotta have a second bag.

I have mine in a big locking hard case, it’s fine for range trips but gets tight when heading to the cabin with the rest of the family, even more so now with the dog.

I was at GAP Grind as well and I’ve learned a couple things here.
A. This will absolutely be the go to chrono overnight and it does work as advertised and it is $599
B. I think a lot of us cross paths and never know it :LOL: We need our SH tag on our shirts.

A. This will absolutely be the go to chrono overnight and it does work as advertised and it is $599
B. I think a lot of us cross paths and never know it :LOL: We need our SH tag on our shirts.
If you down load the Grindr app it will signal when it recognizes a Hider within 10 feet.

I remember a few years ago there was some discussion on the BE Forum about putting our screen name on our shooting jerseys. Was a moot point for me, since I only have a cycling Jersey (not sure it fits now) from my employer.

I was going to wear the SH sun shirt, but I was ROing this year so had to wear the green shirt lol

How this makes me feel🤣. Sad kinda that Lab Radar has just stood idle with their products issues when they had the initial head start.
Their failure to fix their product, both hardware and software. Failure to innovate. Failure adapt to the market. Failure to change. Failure to listen to the customer. All 100% on them. Not sad at all. Fuck them. This is the beauty of economic free markets.

Their failure to fix their product, both hardware and software. Failure to innovate. Failure adapt to the market. Failure to change. Failure to listen to the customer. All 100% on them. Not sad at all. Fuck them. This is the beauty of economic free markets.
I for one, have had pretty consistent results with my labradar. I've used a trigger from the git go, and utilize an old Android phone from 10 years ago that has likely the same gen Bluetooth. My app looses connection a few times a range session but it's not too bad. I rarely miss a shot. However I am looking to upgrade.

A failure to fix their products down falls and common complaints/problems I agree with.

I for one, have had pretty consistent results with my labradar. I've used a trigger from the git go, and utilize an old Android phone from 10 years ago that has likely the same gen Bluetooth. My app looses connection a few times a range session but it's not too bad. I rarely miss a shot. However I am looking to upgrade.
I got rid of my lab radar because it was a bit finicky to get set up and in reality on a busy range you start having problems. I found that the magneto speed worked out better for most of my uses, including chronography stuff at home during barrel breakin

Reactions: FNG1001
This is not for sale or pre-order, and will not be until launch date of 10/19, but if someone wants to sign up for a notification and clickable link when we post, here you go. We are told we will have them in plenty of time to be shipping them on the 19th. I repeat, you cannot and may not buy before then, but you can sign up to get an email when we list them. Availability will be limited as the response from the shooting community has been strong, but we are also being told that the second "wave" of them won't be terribly far behind the launch on the 19th.

We built this as an unlisted product last week just getting ahead of things, but SEO and someone's Google-Fu landed the link on Accurate Shooter on Friday so here we are. https://www.area419.com/product/garmin-xero-c1-radar-chronograph/

This is not for sale or pre-order, and will not be until launch date of 10/19, but if someone wants to sign up for a notification and clickable link when we post, here you go. We are told we will have them in plenty of time to be shipping them on the 19th. I repeat, you cannot and may not buy before then, but you can sign up to get an email when we list them. Availability will be limited as the response from the shooting community has been strong, but we are also being told that the second "wave" of them won't be terribly far behind the launch on the 19th.

We built this as an unlisted product last week just getting ahead of things, but SEO and someone's Google-Fu landed the link on Accurate Shooter on Friday so here we are. https://www.area419.com/product/garmin-xero-c1-radar-chronograph/
Dude you cannot post this and not have a picture of the arca lock mounting arm, what's does that thing look like? I need to know if I'll be dropping 600$ or 750$!

Reactions: FNG1001 and Secant
Dude you cannot post this and not have a picture of the arca lock mounting arm, what's does that thing look like? I need to know if I'll be dropping 600$ or 750$!

Everything they make is well thought out. I’ll be buying it regardless. that said some pics would be cool!

Tell Garmin everyone and their brother in this niche sector wants one. Even the F class and benchrest fudds are excited.

Reactions: Modoc
Tell Garmin everyone and their brother in this niche sector wants one. Even the F class and benchrest fudds are excited.
They know, and I think you'll be shocked how many units someone like Garmin can turn out. Most businesses in this niche space (including us at Area 419) are very small businesses. Garmin, however, is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise. My guess, which is partially educated and partially guess, is that anyone that wants one will be able to buy one with no wait by about 1/1/24.

They know, and I think you'll be shocked how many units someone like Garmin can turn out. Most businesses in this niche space (including us at Area 419) are very small businesses. Garmin, however, is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise. My guess, which is partially educated and partially guess, is that anyone that wants one will be able to buy one with no wait by about 1/1/24.
Appreciate your insight Craig. Thanks for that.

Been using my labradar since they first were released and really had no complaints other than occasional false triggering at the range-- and the piet recoil trigger took care of that. That, and needing an external battery and the micro USB port being a failure point.

My biggest gripe about it at this point is the sheer size of it, sometimes I just don't have much room left in the car. The Garmin takes care of that concern.

Is the Garmin sound/recoil or doppler triggered? Just wondering how it will work on a busy range with other shooters nearby, or if it will reliably trigger with a suppressed PCP air rifle that's nearly silent with almost zero recoil.

Another question about the Garmin is future battery replacement. I assume it's an internal battery, but will it be some oddball proprietary size? Garmin is a big company and will probably have spare batteries for years, but it's still a potential issue down the road.

I probably won't be in the first wave of buyers as I'm going to wait for some field reports, but I might be in the second wave and upgrade my labradar. A smaller radar that can be rifle mounted is very appealing.

Are these going to be overly sensitive to placement and aiming?

Just wondering the need for it to be rifle mounted?

Are these going to be overly sensitive to placement and aiming?

Just wondering the need for it to be rifle mounted?
Per what others have said, it’s not very sensitive to placement. That data on this thread or the Accurate shooter forum post that is about the Garmin Chrono.