• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I created some of my own precision cut screen protectors for my Garmin Xero C1 with excellent results. I'm using some heavy duty 3M self healing TPU film.

Is anyone interested in custom cut screen protectors for their Garmin? I can post some photos too if you guys find it interesting. Trying to judge if there's any interest, if so I'll put something up in the exchange after.

Last edited:
I can’t be the only one questioning the obsession the Xero has caused in the shooting community.

Mfers got bullet proof briefcases for their units. Like y’all playing fast pitch softball with these things.

Some y’all trying to make your Xero match your damn underwear like it’s apart of your “fit”.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Y’all buying the his and her’s Xero addition?

Like wtf is going on.

I can’t be the only one questioning the obsession the Xero has caused in the shooting community.

Mfers got bullet proof briefcases for their units. Like y’all playing fast pitch softball with these things.

Some y’all trying to make your Xero match your damn underwear like it’s apart of your “fit”.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Y’all buying the his and her’s Xero addition?

Like wtf is going on.
It be like this

Like wtf is going on.
We don’t want to wake up and have the Xero work like a LabRadar for some reason. Once we forgot the past it will be treated like any other ‘half of a smartphone’ device

Reactions: secondofangle2
Just catching up on this thread. Looks Pew Pew may have gotten dinged for not having a commercial account on the Hide. But he did read this thread 49 mins ago....
Yes. He reached out to me via PM to offer an explanation when I questioned why all his posts were deleted. He also offered an explanation why the numbers in the emails were different and the order numbers don’t add up.

At this point I don’t think anything nafarious is going on. I do think they could have been more transparent and realistic about fulfillment times and that would have alleviated people’s concerns and speculation.

I think Pew Pew is a legitimate business that’s trying to do everything right, they just got over their skis on this one and didn’t handle it as well as they could have.

8B367960-85C4-4D05-BF83-4EBBBAABA603.jpeg

“Held hostage”

As a fellow business owner, I feel like I was just taking hostage by that whine fest……

This industry I swear.

I see his point. He wasn’t trying to sell anything or pimp his business in this thread, just respond to questions. I tagged him directly because I’d seen his posts earlier in the thread. I totally understand how not being able to respond is frustrating but I can see how those that pay $200/mo would take issue with it.

I see his point. He wasn’t trying to sell anything or pimp his business in this thread, just respond to questions. I tagged him directly because I’d seen his posts earlier in the thread. I totally understand how not being able to respond is frustrating but I can see how those that pay $200/mo would take issue with it.

It’s the his sanctioning the posting of the “victim” text that I take issue with.

As far as him and the admins of this forum, that is between he and them. I’m not in the gun industry but I will tell you that if $200 a month for this targeted demographic is too much for him, that really is surprising.

Having said that, the first thing he did was take backorders at a discounted price that he wasn’t supposed to be doing it all, per Garmin's rules. So he broke their rules and got in trouble with them.

And yeah, it isn’t right for him to come here in any way, shape and form and offer this unsanctioned discount, competing directly with hide vendors, who are normally paying to operate here while properly servicing their customers.

I won’t even get into how he handled the backorder situation, which seems less professional on the surface or people wouldn’t be here complaining about it. I always tell fellow business people that when there is a problem “over-communicate”, that is the best mitigator. If he is relying on this forum to do that, that is a problem in of itself.

Perhaps if he focused on not breaking rules and properly communicating with his customers, he wouldn’t need to send whine text via a surrogate regarding the admins of this forum. It’s just bad form.

Demonizing this forum for his business practices, to me, just fall short. I see too much of this type of victim behavior in the gun industry.

I may have scrolled past one, but does anyone have a excel spreadsheet they could share that has some data imported from the Garmin ?
I just recieved my Xero and would like to play around with the spreadsheet so I can see what it does. TIA

It’s the his sanctioning the posting of the “victim” text that I take issue with.

As far as him and the admins of this forum, that is between he and them. I’m not in the gun industry but I will tell you that if $200 a month for this targeted demographic is too much for him, that really is surprising.

Having said that, the first thing he did was take backorders at a discounted price that he wasn’t supposed to be doing it all, per Garmin's rules. So he broke their rules and got in trouble with them.

And yeah, it isn’t right for him to come here in any way, shape and form and offer this unsanctioned discount, competing directly with hide vendors, who are normally paying to operate here while properly servicing their customers.

I won’t even get into how he handled the backorder situation, which seems less professional on the surface or people wouldn’t be here complaining about it. I always tell fellow business people that when there is a problem “over-communicate”, that is the best mitigator. If he is relying on this forum to do that, that is a problem in of itself.

Perhaps if he focused on not breaking rules and properly communicating with his customers, he wouldn’t need to send whine text via a surrogate regarding the admins of this forum. It’s just bad form.

Demonizing this forum for his business practices, to me, just fall short. I see too much of this type of victim behavior in the gun industry.

Playing by the rules and having integrity is expensive but worth it in the long run. Too many companies like to make it a race to the bottom which is not sustainable (*Cough "LO" Cough) to stay in business. Everyone wants dealer cost without becoming a dealer, and they do not realize the enormous blood, sweat, tears and in this industry millions of dollars in inventory we need to stock yearly to maintain dealers status. We may not be the cheapest, but CST has been around with Mike for 20 years and I'm hoping to be around 20 more through the great relationships we have developed with our vendors and customers that are closer to friends and family for us.

Richard@CST
916-628-3490

Last edited:
That has to be an automated email doesn't it? They may not appreciate the reviews they get back.

It just came through this morning. Seems odd for an automated email to go out 3 months after the order is placed.

This ticks me off. First I got the Magneto Speed. Then I got the Lab Radar. Now my teaching partner bought the Garmin and it’s so much easier to use I feel like I am running a horse at the Indy 500 with my older two units

This ticks me off. First I got the Magneto Speed. Then I got the Lab Radar. Now my teaching partner bought the Garmin and it’s so much easier to use I feel like I am running a horse at the Indy 500 with my older two units
You don’t get to be ticked off until you spend a half hour waiting for the range to go cold so you can hurriedly setup your Shooting Chrony then get back to the line to find out it’s not quite right and won’t register any shots, then wait another half hour, tweek the Chrony, get back to the line and have half your shots recorded, rinse and repeat until you inevitably shoot one of the screen supports or worse and end your day.

Like I said earlier, in this thread, I gave my magnetospeed to my best friend. Now I’m hoping he doesn’t end up hating me. 🤠

Reactions: secondofangle2

Think of it like adding to your collection. In my case it started with the Oehler 35P then to a more compact Pact. I eventually got a Magneto Speed and now the Garmin. Can't wait to see what the next best chronograph has to offer. :)

Like my guns, I can't seem to sell them once I own them.

Think of it like adding to your collection. In my case it started with the Oehler 35P then to a more compact Pact. I eventually got a Magneto Speed and now the Garmin. Can't wait to see what the next best chronograph has to offer. :)

Like my guns, I can't seem to sell them once I own them.
I broke my earlier Dillon Chrono.

I'm guessing you're not in the Thunderbeast pain-train yet. They come out with a newer, better suppressor every 2 to 3 years. How many tax stamps does one man need? Lol

Gives new meaning to stamp collecting!
No shit, lol!

I also wasn't going to upgrade to the Xero. I didn't even bother with the LR. I've been pretty happy with my magneto speed. I've had it for 8 years. Got the MPA spigot mount and have been shooting for groups, zero, and chrono'ing all at the same time. But then a couple of weeks after the Xero came out, I was out shooting and forgot the spacers at home bc I rarely use the bayonet off the MPA rod. I tried to jerry-rig some shit and ended up shooting the bayonet after recoil loosened my redneckery spacer mods. I looked at bayonets and they're 30% of the cost of a Xero. Welp. Guess it's upgrade time.

I don't feel bad about upgrading. I got 8 years out of the MS. Time to repair and replace like most things.

No shit, lol!

I also wasn't going to upgrade to the Xero. I didn't even bother with the LR. I've been pretty happy with my magneto speed. I've had it for 8 years. Got the MPA spigot mount and have been shooting for groups, zero, and chrono'ing all at the same time. But then a couple of weeks after the Xero came out, I was out shooting and forgot the spacers at home bc I rarely use the bayonet off the MPA rod. I tried to jerry-rig some shit and ended up shooting the bayonet after recoil loosened my redneckery spacer mods. I looked at bayonets and they're 30% of the cost of a Xero. Welp. Guess it's upgrade time.

I don't feel bad about upgrading. I got 8 years out of the MS. Time to repair and replace like most things.

I almost went down the MS road 2 years ago, life got busy with my son and put off long range shooting a while, really glad I didn't.

I was about to pick up a LR this year, but got an email from the owner of a range I frequent about the Garmin. If it wasn't for him I would've missed the train and been pissed at myself!

Absolutely love the Garmin, amazing for the size.

I borrowed a buddy's today at the range, awesome and this is from someone who's computer repair kit is a rock. Super easy to set up, a minute on it to figure out a couple things and that's it.

You need to accessorize that accessory. Send it to a custom tailor to have a pile side velcro patch put on it so you can put a label or name tape on it. But make the name tape also hook side Velcro so that you can get custom pile velcro letters to configure whatever it says whenever you want. But make sure you get a storage container for your custom letters and then a label maker to organize the inventory sheet of Velcro letters and a cabinet to organize the letters, label makers and backup labeling tape so you can make more inventory sheets when your letter quantity changes. A clipboard so you can annotate your regular and habitual inventories... Man, I have a total office space chubby right now...

Reactions: Stackon212
I may have scrolled past one, but does anyone have a excel spreadsheet they could share that has some data imported from the Garmin ?
I just recieved my Xero and would like to play around with the spreadsheet so I can see what it does. TIA
Here you go!

Here is the data in textual form:
#,SPEED (FPS),Δ AVG (FPS),KE (FT-LB),POWER FACTOR (KGR⋅FT/S),TIME,CLEAN BORE,COLD BORE,SHOT NOTES
1, 2727.3, 7.7, 4954.1, 818.2, 18:13:51, , , ""
2, 2732.1, 12.5, 4971.3, 819.6, 18:14:29, , , ""
3, 2712.5, -7.1, 4900.4, 813.8, 18:15:09, , , ""
4, 2720.3, 0.7, 4928.7, 816.1, 18:16:36, , , ""
5, 2718.0, -1.6, 4920.2, 815.4, 18:17:19, , , ""
6, 2720.4, 0.8, 4928.9, 816.1, 18:18:07, , , ""
7, 2717.2, -2.4, 4917.4, 815.2, 18:18:35, , , ""
8, 2717.3, -2.3, 4917.6, 815.2, 18:19:22, , , ""
9, 2709.9, -9.7, 4891.1, 813.0, 18:19:51, , , ""
10, 2720.8, 1.2, 4930.5, 816.2, 18:20:28, , , ""
AVERAGE,2719.6,,,,,,,
STD DEV,6.1,,,,,,,
SPREAD,22.1,,,,,,,
Session Note,"338-1",,,,,,,
All shots included in the calculations,,,,,,,,

I wish it was easier to export, I did these from my phone, but I havent' tried yet from desktop.

Attachments

• 338-1.csv.txt
    754 bytes · Views: 35
Reactions: PaperSniper
The Xero csv exports from the ShotView app do not include the caliber or the projectile weight.

Also if you rename the session and then export the data, the new session name is not included in the csv export.

Garmin needs to fix this.

1705627679357.png

I just wrote a bulk export utility for windows. Plug garmin into pc via USB, get csv and txt out. Name session when prompted.

Select multiple files at once.

Requires Java

Also, this is my first and probably one of the only posts I'll put up. I'm usually on the grendel forum, but I see your guys pain and I thought I might share what I did to solve it.

The .ps1 file is the source code and you can run it in powershell, or run the exe which is just that script, converted to exe via ps2exe

The .BAT and .jar files come from the Garmin fit sdk. I modified the bat file to remove the pause at the end to make batch processing easier.

I never looked at the app csv output...
Adding delta from average is simple. If bullet weight is saved in the .FIT file I don't recall seeing it in the raw csv. I'll look and make updates to the application/script periodically

The video is way too blurry to see what's going on. :(

The Xero csv exports from the ShotView app do not include the caliber or the projectile weight.

Also if you rename the session and then export the data, the new session name is not included in the csv export.

Garmin needs to fix this.

View attachment 8326706
In my experience using Garmin product 30+ years, that is very Garmin. Based on past experience, I wouldn’t hold your breath on a fix.

Here you go!

Here is the data in textual form:
#,SPEED (FPS),Δ AVG (FPS),KE (FT-LB),POWER FACTOR (KGR⋅FT/S),TIME,CLEAN BORE,COLD BORE,SHOT NOTES
1, 2727.3, 7.7, 4954.1, 818.2, 18:13:51, , , ""
2, 2732.1, 12.5, 4971.3, 819.6, 18:14:29, , , ""
3, 2712.5, -7.1, 4900.4, 813.8, 18:15:09, , , ""
4, 2720.3, 0.7, 4928.7, 816.1, 18:16:36, , , ""
5, 2718.0, -1.6, 4920.2, 815.4, 18:17:19, , , ""
6, 2720.4, 0.8, 4928.9, 816.1, 18:18:07, , , ""
7, 2717.2, -2.4, 4917.4, 815.2, 18:18:35, , , ""
8, 2717.3, -2.3, 4917.6, 815.2, 18:19:22, , , ""
9, 2709.9, -9.7, 4891.1, 813.0, 18:19:51, , , ""
10, 2720.8, 1.2, 4930.5, 816.2, 18:20:28, , , ""
AVERAGE,2719.6,,,,,,,
STD DEV,6.1,,,,,,,
SPREAD,22.1,,,,,,,
Session Note,"338-1",,,,,,,
All shots included in the calculations,,,,,,,,

I wish it was easier to export, I did these from my phone, but I havent' tried yet from desktop.

Thank you for this ! Its too cold for me to go out to the range I wanted to see what the formatting etc looked like when opened on a desktop and phone.

On amazon. It's not letting me post a link.

Hermitshell Hard Travel Case for ROMOSS 30000mAh / ROMOSS 40000mAh / 26800mAh 18W Fast Charger Sense 8+ / Sense 8P+ / SW30PS+ Portable Charger

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpeg
    IMG_0722.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
What’s the full name of the case? It’s cut off in the post. There’s a ton of cases made by Hermit Shell
Sorry, I added a link but it cut it off...

Hermitshell Hard Travel Case for ROMOSS 30000mAh / ROMOSS 40000mAh / 26800mAh 18W Fast Charger Sense 8+ / Sense 8P+ / SW30PS+ Portable Charger​

Reactions: JB.IC