• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I guess it opens the door to a $3k product with a more narrow laser signature and AB or Link compatible. Im very curious to start seeing reviews and case uses once this gets in a lot of hands. Will be interesting for sure. For my case use Im a pass right now - very happy with my Terrapin X and dont need an RF on the gun - but Im a big Vortex fan and those guys know how to sell and meet market needs.
i think sig is suppose to come out with one. But vortex’s warranty vs sigs 5 year warranty is something to consider.

I guess it opens the door to a $3k product with a more narrow laser signature and AB or Link compatible. Im very curious to start seeing reviews and case uses once this gets in a lot of hands. Will be interesting for sure. For my case use Im a pass right now - very happy with my Terrapin X and dont need an RF on the gun - but Im a big Vortex fan and those guys know how to sell and meet market needs.

I agree. In theory, this should be an indicator to other companies that it's a viable market. Which will create competition which is always good for consumers.

You likely won't get much better a laser for less than $5k though. You can try to mess with beam divergence, but then you have issues with the power level since you can't push a 905nm and be eye safe. So you end up having to move to something like a 1550nm, and that's where the real money cost comes into play and pushes it out of consumer affordable.

Reactions: Sebrock
Beeman .177, 10.5 gr.

IMG_1714.PNG

IMG_1715.PNG

How is this unit powered? AAA, CR123, unserviceable internal battery? Asking so when I sell my Labradar I know if I should keep or sell the LR external battery with. :)
Lithium-ion, USB C Port, cable included, 4 hours to fully charge battery. Serviceable? Not easily I'd guess.

I assume the manual will be available tomorrow. garmin.com/manuals/xeroC1.

Lithium-ion, USB C Port, cable included, 4 hours to fully charge battery. Serviceable? Not easily I'd guess.

I assume the manual will be available tomorrow. garmin.com/manuals/xeroC1.
thank you. I should of asked a simpler question and it should of been "can I use an external power source?". Sounds like yes, as long as power input exceeds power consumption.

thank you. I should of asked a simpler question and it should of been "can I use an external power source?". Sounds like yes, as long as power input exceeds power consumption.
I can only assume that and external power source can be used.

I've owned darn near every type of Chronograph in the shooting world. I've kept my Magnetospeed V3 and the others were donated, shot, or sold. I can tell you one thing about this unit. Turn it on, click new session, enter bullet weight if you wish, and start shooting. By far the easiest and quickest to set up and run. Can't wait to test it along with the V3 and see how close they are.

The only thing that I was hoping for was the ability to obtain measured velocity at more than one set distance like the Labradar and the FX Chrono can do.

Reactions: Wheezy
The only thing that I was hoping for was the ability to obtain measured velocity at more than one set distance like the Labradar and the FX Chrono can do.
I’m having trouble seeing the value in that. Labradar claims readings up to 100 yards and that’s questionable. You might lose 100-150 FPS, so even if it’s accurate I’d rather have the ease of use and carry and not having to set up equipment, etc. I’ve seen first hand the Garmin is better at not picking up errant shots on the firing line. But mine ships tomorrow so further testing will prove this out. I particularly like that I won’t have to dedicate rounds off a bench to get velocities. I can always get velocity under any training condition.

I’m having trouble seeing the value in that. Labradar claims readings up to 100 yards and that’s questionable. You might lose 100-150 FPS, so even if it’s accurate I’d rather have the ease of use and carry and not having to set up equipment, etc. I’ve seen first hand the Garmin is better at not picking up errant shots on the firing line. But mine ships tomorrow so further testing will prove this out. I particularly like that I won’t have to dedicate rounds off a bench to get velocities. I can always get velocity under any training condition.
I've been wondering about the accuracy and real world uselfullness of using the labradar or FX to calculate BC if the max range is only 100 or even 200 yards.

I don't know what the math looks like here, or what those curves look like. BUT, I'm just thinking out loud here. If you have a GOOD muzzle velocity number, and then true your solver at say 80% of your max distance you're shooting, isn't that essentially the exact same thing? My brain says the truing in your solver would actually be way more accurate.

Damnit, these are the things I'm supposed to just think and not say out loud until someone smarter explains how all that stuff works.

Anyhow, got a few redbulls here and ready to pull an all nighter. Whos with me?

Depends on bullet diameter and how "noisy" your range is. I've tracked .264 and .308 past 200 yards. I can track .22 LR to 100 under good conditions where I shoot.

The app looks pretty well laid out and it's not even officially released yet...
Do these numbers match what you expected to see based on previous readings with any other devices?
Has anyone successfully gotten numbers from 0-75 that could be used to calculate a BC that appears accurate?...
As long as the muzzle velocity is accurate what do the other readings offer you? (I'm genuinely curious how this is being effectively used)

I'm just hoping it's simple set up & ACCURATE.... bonus if it can get velocity on bullet / pellet/ buck shot/ paintball/ arrow/ crossbow bolt /etc etc etc without any fuss as well.

Love the dimensions on this and that you can rifle mount it!

Reactions: Baron23
The app looks pretty well laid out and it's not even officially released yet...

Do these numbers match what you expected to see based on previous readings with any other devices?

Has anyone successfully gotten numbers from 0-75 that could be used to calculate a BC that appears accurate?...
As long as the muzzle velocity is accurate what do the other readings offer you? (I'm genuinely curious how this is being effectively used)

I'm just hoping it's simple set up & ACCURATE.... bonus if it can get velocity on bullet / pellet/ buck shot/ paintball/ arrow/ crossbow bolt /etc etc etc without any fuss as well.

Love the dimensions on this and that you can rifle mount it!
The app seems to be pretty simple and slick overall.

My current experience is extremely limited to 5 shots and what you see above.

I can tell you it isn't greatly sensitive to set up, placement, etc. Yes rifle mounting options really make it nice (top of scope cap with adapter). What I think I like better is that it can be set up on the tripod it comes with, on barricades you are practicing off of, or tripod with spotter nearby.

Not to my knowledge. It's too short a distance to be useful as compared to a Infinition BR-29015 based system. But it does feel like we are getting ever closer to portable, consumer based doppler radar systems that could be used to create a user specific custom drag model without needing the AB Truck or going to Hornady's test facility.

Not to my knowledge. It's too short a distance to be useful as compared to a Infinition BR-29015 based system. But it does feel like we are getting ever closer to portable, consumer based doppler radar systems that could be used to create a user specific custom drag model without needing the AB Truck or going to Hornady's test facility.
Thoughts on systems like the FX TrueBallisitcs to generate G1/G7 drag models for .22s?

I can tell you it isn't greatly sensitive to set up, placement, etc.
how insensitive are we talking?...
are we only needing to be roughly pointed downrange? Like no real aiming the unit at all?
Yes rifle mounting options really make it nice (top of scope cap with adapter).
419 adapter? Or using something else?
What I think I like better is that it can be set up on the tripod it comes with, on barricades you are practicing off of, or tripod with spotter nearby.
Attaching top of spotter is a great idea!
Oh perhaps I was misunderstanding your hope for the unit.
You were hoping it was going to start bridging that gap then i do understand the desire there. I thought you were just wishing it was doing the same as the Labradar and I didn't understand the benefit.

Is it actually 15" max? Just measured a couple of my rifles with can to my arca rail and I'm a few inches short. Was planning on getting the Area 419 mount. But if I can't use it, well, that saves me some money.

Edit, further thinking, I'm doing this off my bench. Which is long to support this situation. So I will just use the included tripod I think.

Is it actually 15" max? Just measured a couple of my rifles with can to my arca rail and I'm a few inches short. Was planning on getting the Area 419 mount. But if I can't use it, well, that saves me some money.

Edit, further thinking, I'm doing this off my bench. Which is long to support this situation. So I will just use the included tripod I think.

I'm sure you could also buy a double arca (back to back) clamp and a cheap arca rail and make a makeshift extension and then hang the area419 mount off it.

Wouldn't be "pretty" but should work until someone undoubtedly makes something similar for it.

I'm sure you could also buy a double arca (back to back) clamp and a cheap arca rail and make a makeshift extension and then hang the area419 mount off it.

Wouldn't be "pretty" but should work until someone undoubtedly makes something similar for it.
True. Until I or someone else does some testing, I'll save the money. Can always order the mount from them if it does indeed work further back.

Easily working off a tripod is a big draw for me, only one of my rifles has an arca aside from two manners LRH stocks but those short arcas don’t count. I can’t wait to get mine.

So is someone dropping this at midnight and I should stay up. Or…….

I dunno, I keep checking everywhere to see if we see anybody putting it up a little early. At this point, I'm curious to see when/where they start showing. I'm going to stay up tonight and see if anything pops up. I intend to buy two so I can hook someone up here as I'm sure we'll be seeing them on fleabay etc for well over retail.

Probably not a factor for many here, but one plus it would have for archery shooters is it sounds like it tracks arrows much faster and apparently indoors compared to a LabRadar. When I got my labradar many years ago I was surprised to find out it needed significant distance and typically without a hard backstop surface to get readings and was basically useless at many indoor archery ranges. Also looks small enough it could easily be mounted to a bow. A lot of archery folks tune bows in short basement ranges by speed so that should be a big plus for that use.

Non-replaceable batteries isn't a surprise with Garmin, I've used their gps cycling computers for many years, in fact I still use an old 705 edge on one bike that's has to be close to 15 years old now. Not sure how they will handle these but typically if you have a problem with a unit even out of warranty Garmin used to give a very significant discount on an exchange product for awhile and then at some point they no longer offer repair/exchange. That said I'd expect these to only have a 1 year warranty as with their trapshooting product, almost everything they make now is only 1 year aside the aviation stuff.

Garmin typically tends to be fairly durable/robust but a bit short on features. However IMO considering how finicky most of these type units seem to be, one that's a bit less complex, but just easy and consistent to use will likely take the market by storm, esp. at the same price as the LabRadar.

Not a huge fan of the negative display, it's tacticool but in my experience a negative display is almost always harder to read in just about every light condition.

419, CS Tactical, GA Precision, and sounds like anybody with a Garmin dealer account can order one for you.

Side note, got tracking on mine. Can't wait!

Asked someone at our Scheels here in Sioux Falls today. They didn't know what I was talking about. A friend of mine who works at a Bass Pro in Arizona sent me a picture of one. Can't wait for my pre-order at the beginning of next month.
I talked to mine. They have some already

Wow guys, you nearly wiped out two shipments in minutes! 🤩
:( Will try to order from other places in the morning then... ;(

You "all preorders are final" clause scared me away....

I completely understand, normally we would not take payment on pre-orders but we are confident that we will have frequent shipments.
What has happened in the past was customers did pre-orders everywhere and just cancel the remaining orders once one vendor shipped to them.
Than we would be dealing with losing credit card fees etc... IMO, the dollar amount isn't going to break many on this forum to wait 2 weeks or so for the next shipment. If Garmin can't keep up with frequent orders than we will change how we do pre-orders.

Customers will always have the option to roll the funds into something else if they change their mind.