• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Not to get off topic but I don't have a chrono, but have wanted one for a while since I shoot 22lr across different platforms and centerfire in odd barrel lengths and twist rates. I do ELR 22lr and 3d print irons and mark them for different distances based on caliber. I shoot indoor a lot to get general readings before I take it out at distance.

I was planning on getting a Magneto Speed V3 for about... 450ish after shipping and tax, but this looks a lot more promising and I like the portability aspect. Can anyone who's used a magneto speed tell me the pros and cons to the Garmin and if the $200 extra cost is worth it? I'm not sure if the Garmin will pick up other people's shots compared to the Magneto Speed.

Not to get off topic but I don't have a chrono, but have wanted one for a while since I shoot 22lr across different platforms and centerfire in odd barrel lengths and twist rates. I do ELR 22lr and 3d print irons and mark them for different distances based on caliber. I shoot indoor a lot to get general readings before I take it out at distance.

I was planning on getting a Magneto Speed V3 for about... 450ish after shipping and tax, but this looks a lot more promising and I like the portability aspect. Can anyone who's used a magneto speed tell me the pros and cons to the Garmin and if the $200 extra cost is worth it? I'm not sure if the Garmin will pick up other people's shots compared to the Magneto Speed.

I currently have a magnetospeed V3 and a labradar, and just said to hell with financial responsibility and just ordered a Garmin from Scheels as they had them in stock.

Setup and getting the right bore spacing can take some trial and error, but the Magnetospeed is extremely reliable and always works regardless of range clutter that might interfere with the radar and it will never read velocities from other nearby shooters. It's also great if I load up say a spread of 5 or 10 charges to find max pressure before loading up a bunch of rounds to shoot for groups as I can slap the magnetospeed on and go dump the max charge weight test rounds into the bottom of a dirt pile in the back yard at near point blank range, whereas the radar needs some clear space downrange to acquire the bullet and get the velocity.

The magnetospeed, when barrel mounted, can throw off point of impact and affect group sizes. A rail mount takes care of that.

I've never used my labradar indoors but a cluttered, RF reflective down range environment can give radars issues. A poster above said his labradar has fits at an outdoor range with overhead baffles; not sure how the Garmin would handle that kind of environment.

So this is why there have been so many MagnetoSpeeds for sale in the PX :ROFLMAO:

Always happy to see new/more product offerings, esp from companies like Garmin & at competitive price points.

• Haha
Reactions: IsaacL
I’ve had my MSv2 for about 10 years, and it’s been great the entire time. And earlier this year I bought the Bulletseeker Mach4. The MSv2 hangs off the barrel changing harmonics and POI, and has cables that can be a pain in the ass to swap it around and reset it, etc…

And the BSM4 has no cables, doesn’t affect harmonics or POI, is easy to swap between guns if using it on an independent tripod, and works on an app to save my data and shot strings. BUT, it is extremely finicky and has to be nearly perfect placement to get solid and consistent suppressed readings.

I bought this hoping it will be less sensitive to position, and work better picking up suppressed shots.

Bought mine at 9:15am at Scheels, got the item shipped with tracking # email at 10:07am… DAMN!

First time ever ordering from them, and I’m beyond impressed! 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: godofthunder

In stock

Reactions: bucha4k
Woke up at 6am west coast placed order with Garmin. I Got the tracking number by 11am. free 2nd Day UPS

Reactions: FuhQ
Employee stole mine and tested his trainer for giggles.

When I went to download this the unit did an update. Took about 90 seconds.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 1.42.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Woke up at 6am west coast placed order with Garmin. I Got the tracking number by 11am. free 2nd Day UPS
Just chatted with garmin and even though it said 3-4 days when I ordered they're saying it's 5-8 weeks. Tried to cancel the order and they said I can't because it's too far along in the process. How can that be? They're "looking into it".

<edit> Seems they were 'mistaken' and one will ship.

Last edited:
Wow it's just a chrono guys. What's with all the "must have it first and immediately" crap. I ordered one from Garmin directly and it's in stock now, but it would have been "ok" to wait a little while to get it. Wow people are impatient. I mean, I get it, this is cool gear and stuff but just use your Labradars or other widgets that you've already spontaneously purchased on day one until it's restocked.
“I don’t have updated tracking yet…. Booooooooo”

Reactions: mitchell438
I read that on the apple phone app.

Use the ShotView™ app to connect to your Xero® C1 Pro chronograph. After a shooting session is completed, see your ballistic data on the app, where it is organized and easy to interpret. Analyze shot data, including speed, deviation, extreme spread, kinetic energy and more — and export the raw data to CSV format. Exclude cold bore shots and other outliers from session calculations as desired. Create custom names for each session, add notes for specific shots, and mark clean bore and cold bore attributes for each shot. Filter by weapon type to quickly access specific sessions for review.
Thank you. Just to be clear, I’m not asking about on data in the app on a phone.

But I read your quote to indicate the app will export a csv file…that it has a specific export function even on iPhone…to another device like a laptop. And will do so connection via USB to a laptop. Am I understanding this correctly.

Guess we need to give people some time to try it out and see exactly what this means in practical terms.

Thanks.

@GUNNER75 - sorry, I see in later posts you answered my questions. On the dang phone and didn’t realize how many more post there were for me to read.

Sorry for the bother.

Reactions: GUNNER75
Garmin says free 2 day shipping but available to ship in 5-8 weeks.... hopefully those who ordered from them don't have to wait that long. Scheels shipped fast!

Scheels website says product is not available online, only in-store.

Was online at Scheel's earlier. I have a feeling Garmin's entire first shipment is sold!

Reactions: FuhQ
Just chatted with garmin and even though it said 3-4 days when I ordered they're saying it's 5-8 weeks. Tried to cancel the order and they said I can't because it's too far along in the process. How can that be? They're "looking into it".

<edit> Seems they were 'mistaken' and one will ship.

Yeah, I saw that too when I tried to cancel after shipping went from 3-4 days to 5-8 weeks. Says it's too far along to cancel lol.

Yeah, I saw that too when I tried to cancel after shipping went from 3-4 days to 5-8 weeks. Says it's too far along to cancel lol.
That means they probably set one aside for your order. I just now received my shipping after attempting to cancel and it not letting me.

Hoyt’s had about 15 left 30min ago when we called to find some for customers while we wait on dealer approval from Garmin.

That means they probably set one aside for your order. I just now received my shipping after attempting to cancel and it not letting me.

Oh, just checked email and mine has shipped lol. Must have squeaked in before they sold out.

Glad I held off on a labradar. Ordered mine at 7:50am PST from garmin, no tracking yet.

Mine should be delivering Saturday. Has anyone looked at any small pouches or storage cases for it? I get it’s supposed to be handy to just throw in your gear bag but I want to protect my investment a little.

Mine should be delivering Saturday. Has anyone looked at any small pouches or storage cases for it? I get it’s supposed to be handy to just throw in your gear bag but I want to protect my investment a little.
Pelican 1120 looks promising. Small enough, not too expensive. and great protection.

Reactions: 021411
I think that would do better. Also get the foam, 1042.

Garmin
3.03" (77 mm) x 2.38" (60.5 mm) x 1.36" (34.44 mm) without tripod

Internal of 1040
6.50 x 3.87 x 1.75 in
Sounds like the Area419 arm would fit in there too with it then. I'll have to take a look into this.

My Magneto Speed V3 works great for 22lr. There's a bit of set up, strapping it on, plugging in pieces, but nice. Now with anything on the barrel, as mentioned by others can shift. So before a match I'll throw some down the line to get specs and then double check zero separately. There's an ARCA adapter for the bayonet, but then the price is almost Garmin anyways. If I were starting over and had the cash I'd just go Garmin. Nothing wrong with what I have, this just seems more convenient. If the normal people reviews are that good I'd probably put my current one up for sale and get one of these instead.

Damn this thing is tiny. Synced easy, menu is easy to navigate, little baby tripod is really nice…

Assuming it works (I’ve had great luck with anything Garmin for decades) my life just got a lot easier.