• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Since they have seen this thread, then they know we want a case, I hope. You hear that Garmin! We would like a case please. Even better if it for some unusual reason happens to also have room for a particular 3rd party mount. Like the one from Area 419. I know that one is pushing it.

I received mine at 12:28 today and went right to the range after work. I had bought two of them and ran them on either side of a suppressed PRS rifle. Each reading was within 1FPS of each other dependent on positioning I would guess. Only Ran on standard mode not pro mode. One of them updated halfway through the session but no big issue on my end.
This is just stupid handy compared to my labradar or MSV3. No pointing or aiming just set the lil buggers down and go to town. Put 48 rounds down range and it picked up every single one something my labradar has never done.

I did have both devices paired at the same time also which was kinda cool. Both updated the app simultaneously with strings.

This is just my first range experience with the devices so we shall see how it goes.

IMG_2394.jpegIMG_2399.png

So did you wring it out, how was the Merlot?
I was thinking the same thing. Anderson Valley, Napa Valley, or Lodi vinter?

A case of wine from some of those cellars runs to about half the price of the Chrono.

I found one at the local Cabelas, I was shocked since the don't ever have anything good.

Can wait to try this out.

Reactions: FuhQ
I found one at the local Cabelas, I was shocked since the don't ever have anything good.

Can wait to try this out.
It's true ever since Bass bought out Cabelas they have gone way downhill. The days of 10-12% cash back and 20% off gift cards for Cabelas are long gone. On the plus side when everyone is selling these for full MSRP it matters a lot less where you buy it from as long as it's in stock.

Don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread but the internal battery is not replaceable if and when it goes tango uniform. According to Jordan in a live chat the only option is to buy another unit.
Let me add a bit more to the battery issue, I read on Accurate Shooter Forums that Garmin will replace a unit with a dead battery for a reasonable service fee. No idea on the amount. I'm waiting for Garmin to verify this along with the service fee amount.

Reactions: FuhQ
Ordered one from Bass Pro this morning when they were still in stock (Oct 26 delivery date). Checked my order status about an hour ago and it says they are "out of stock". Not sure what that means for my order but it wouldn't be the first time Bass Pro lied about their inventory... I'm just waiting for the "we sold you an item we don't actually have" email.

Ordered one from Bass Pro this morning when they were still in stock (Oct 26 delivery date). Checked my order status about an hour ago and it says they are "out of stock". Not sure what that means for my order but it wouldn't be the first time Bass Pro lied about their inventory... I'm just waiting for the "we sold you an item we don't actually have" email.
Same. But my local store says in-stock 🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: IsaacL
Measured the unit on the Area419 arm and it looks like the Pelican 1060 Micro Case is the smallest case they offer that will fit everything without disassembling. It's nice they make pluck foam for that case as well!

Local Bas Pro had 2 when they opened at 9:00am but wouldn’t let me pay over phone and pick up later…surprisingly had one left at 5pm…

One of my biggest annoyances on the Labradar was the inability to add shots to a string once you’ve moved onto a new session.
So does anyone know if you can go back and resume a previous string once you’ve moved onto a new one?
Thanks.

I received mine at 12:28 today and went right to the range after work. I had bought two of them and ran them on either side of a suppressed PRS rifle. Each reading was within 1FPS of each other dependent on positioning I would guess. Only Ran on standard mode not pro mode. One of them updated halfway through the session but no big issue on my end.
This is just stupid handy compared to my labradar or MSV3. No pointing or aiming just set the lil buggers down and go to town. Put 48 rounds down range and it picked up every single one something my labradar has never done.

I did have both devices paired at the same time also which was kinda cool. Both updated the app simultaneously with strings.

This is just my first range experience with the devices so we shall see how it goes.

View attachment 8253626View attachment 8253627

No change in brightness after update?

Also... theoretically... I wonder if you could set up a bunch of these at different distances to record velocities down range? Not sure why I would need to do that other than satisfying some curiosity and maybe super-truing speeds though lol

Also... theoretically... I wonder if you could set up a bunch of these at different distances to record velocities down range? Not sure why I would need to do that other than satisfying some curiosity and maybe super-truing speeds though lol
I was thinking the same thing. 1 @ muzzle & 1 behind a AR500 plate at 500 - 800y. Would allow tuning G7 BC to match actual.

Reactions: FourT6and2

No change in brightness on mine

Ordered direct from Garmin Yesterday 8:45 Showed 2-3 day when ordered, but still no tracking.
Ordered the 419 arm with Arca knob & no tracking on that yet either.

Going to order the dual Arca Picatiny clamp so it'll work on my short AR's

I ordered at like 4am from Bass Pro. Got tracking this afternoon and it's in transit with a estimated delivery date of 10/23

Reactions: IsaacL
Well I placed an order directly through garmin yesterday at 08:30mst, no tracking info, who knows if I'll get on the first batch of orders shipping. I emailed them this afternoon for details, will see what they say next week.

Damn Scheels! I got cancelled too!
Mine went through, and it's still on it's way to me... Be here Monday. That's weird they cancelled folks orders... I'd call and find out WTF is going on.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but I paid through PayPal, and not with my card (for the added buyer protection). So, not sure if that mattered...

Does anyone happen to know if the Xero C1 can talk to a Foretrex? It would be amazing if it could automatically adjust velocity in the Foretrex as you shoot throughout the day.

I just ordered a 1060 with pluck foam because the 1040 wouldn’t fit the Area419 arm.
I will be using mine on an independent tripod, and will probably never mount it to a rifle, so I doubt I'll need the extra room of the 1060. But thanks for the update.

This is what I use

Camera Rail Nodal Slide 150mm Quick Release Plate Clamp Compatible with Arca Swiss Tripod for DSLR Tripod Monopod Ball Head for Panoramic Close-up Photography https://a.co/d/c5EG3EF
So essentially the xero just mounts to the plate via the 1/4x20 screw, and rail clips to rifle arca via the screw clamp. Got it.......

While waiting on mine to arrive I'm wondering how well this will line up with trued velocity in the Kestrel. Any one played with it yet ?
I think I'm gonna make a new gun profile and see how well it does with manual MV only and maybe truing DSF at 1000. I haven't tested against the Lab Radar in a while but I swear the velocity in the Kestrel is high.

I feel the “non-replaceable” battery is pretty much a non issue. 2 minutes and 15 bucks on Amazon and you are good to go. I fear no warranty. Took longer to find the t2 or whatever size it was than to take apart and find the right battery. There is what looks like a little silicone potting holding the battery down, but that is an easy bridge to cross down the line.

361-00056-15

Attachments

• IMG_2884.jpeg
    IMG_2884.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 567
Last edited: