• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

My sis managed to snag me one from the Bass Pro in Memphis today. Can't wait to try it out especially with my bows and airguns.

Whats the ribbon cable doing that the one on Amazon doesn't have?
Oh, the screen is under the battery, ribbon cable goes to screen. Other side is the board the screen and battery plug in and whatever magic radar powers this thing.

Oh, the screen is under the battery, ribbon cable goes to screen. Other side is the board the screen and battery plug in and whatever magic radar powers this thing.
Okay that makes sense. The ribbon looked like it was going to the PCB taped to the battery because it is all the same color. I see now that it runs under the battery.

Reactions: TheOE800
Support also said that while they could send a file to get me back to the previous version, they really want to see the unit to properly diagnose the issue.
That's all well and good, but since your unit is brand new they should send you an RMA and a replacement unit in a reasonable amount of time. Yes, I read your other comment about them not having stock for warranty issues. That's a bunch of BS. They can pull one from somewhere if they really wanted to. 6 WEEKS for an RMA on a brand new defective unit?? You'd come out ahead/quicker to ask for a refund and buy another one when a retailer has them in stock again. Maybe you should mention that to them?

I am a little surprised the C1 does all this with 820 Mah, 3.7v….for 6 hrs.

I feel the “non-replaceable” battery is pretty much a non issue. 2 minutes and 15 bucks on Amazon and you are good to go. I fear no warranty. Took longer to find the t2 or whatever size it was than to take apart and find the right battery. There is what looks like a little silicone potting holding the battery down, but that is an easy bridge to cross down the line.

361-00056-15

Looks easy enough to replace on your own (if Garmin won't) as long as you can find a cell of similar dimensions and capacity and the BMS board doesn't set a disable flag when you remove power from it while you transfer it to the new cell.

If it's that easy to access Garmin should have no issues replacing it.

Edit: looks like Garmin probably uses that pack for multiple products, you can easily find replacement packs by looking up the part number, so it's a simple plug in replacement. Yay!

Last edited:
While waiting on mine to arrive I'm wondering how well this will line up with trued velocity in the Kestrel. Any one played with it yet ?
I think I'm gonna make a new gun profile and see how well it does with manual MV only and maybe truing DSF at 1000. I haven't tested against the Lab Radar in a while but I swear the velocity in the Kestrel is high.
The same as any other accurate chrono (assuming it's as accurate as claimed). If it gives you the same number for MV as a LR or MS3 (which are all very accurate), it's going to line up exactly the same as they do. When you true MV in a Kestrel (at least using their CDMs for BC), I've found some bullets true UP, and some DOWN in MV vs what the LR or MS3 give, but the LR and MS3 agree with each other.

Reactions: Danrobberg
Just got my cancellation email from Cabela’s 🤦🏻‍♂️ ordered this morning
Ugh. I ordered from Bass Pro @ 8:10 CDT this morning, showing in-stock. I checked the order status tonight and it shows "Shipped". There is a FedEx label created with a tracking number for it, but FedEx hasn't actually picked it up yet, so no delivery date available. We'll see...

That's all well and good, but since your unit is brand new they should send you an RMA and a replacement unit in a reasonable amount of time. Yes, I read your other comment about them not having stock for warranty issues. That's a bunch of BS. They can pull one from somewhere if they really wanted to. 6 WEEKS for an RMA on a brand new defective unit?? You'd come out ahead/quicker to ask for a refund and buy another one when a retailer has them in stock again. Maybe you should mention that to them?
Yeah, that's kind of shitty CS if you ask me... You know they have a few stuffed away for some SHTF in case something like this happened. No company just goes full raw dog into something brand new without emergency stock for CS reasons...

Ugh. I ordered from Bass Pro @ 8:10 CDT this morning, showing in-stock. I checked the order status tonight and it shows "Shipped". There is a FedEx label created with a tracking number for it, but FedEx hasn't actually picked it up yet, so no delivery date available. We'll see...

Mine never got that far. You’re probably in good shape

• Sad
Reactions: vh20
Same, ordered from Bass Pro and shows that it's shipped at this point. Glad I seemed to have made the cut with my order!

Reactions: IsaacL
I ordered at like 4am from Bass Pro. Got tracking this afternoon and it's in transit with a estimated delivery date of 10/23
Just checked my order number online and it shipped via FedEx at 1122 EST. Estimated delivery date is 10/23. Knowing FedEx, the real delivery date will probably be 10/25...

Man, that sucks. What time did you order?
9:43MST so I may have been a bit slow. When I ordered, it was in stock to ship and “limited stock” in store. Luckily I was able to grab one in store even after my order cancelled

Reactions: vh20
One of my biggest annoyances on the Labradar was the inability to add shots to a string once you’ve moved onto a new session.
So does anyone know if you can go back and resume a previous string once you’ve moved onto a new one?
Thanks.
Likewise, and it was a writing on the wall moment for me after speaking to LR about making the change in their firmware to allow it, which they didn't see the need to make the simple modification.

So a competitor came and solved that problem. ref: @3:45

Reactions: giumau1 and FuhQ
Likewise, and it was a writing on the wall moment for me after speaking to LR about making the change in their firmware to allow it, which they didn't see the need to make the simple modification.

One thing never mentioned, was if you can run the app in realtime as the chrono, like you do with the Bulletseeker Mach4? With the BSM4, you can use the app to switch between your shot strings, your rifle profiles, etc... right from the phone, while leaving the unit in place. That was one super cool feature I like about it. Does the Garmin allow you to do this, as well?

I ordered this morning from Cabelas and received tracking info just after midnight. FedEx has the package and it is on it's way and will be here Monday.

I would have liked to have supported CS Tactical by buying one from him but I am out of work and have almost $900 in Cabelas gift cards I have been wanting to use up.

Last edited:
Reactions: tysonmax
Still in stock at whale-tales archery, for the time being.

Reactions: 1911Shootist
Looks like mine is on a different language even though I selected English. Anyone else encountered this yet?
image.jpg

I hoped that after the ARC Coup the Grace I was done with anxious waiting and SH envious browsing for the year. I proved wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: squirrel_slayer
I'm not happy about the wait, but I'm not going to bitch at the CS guy on the phone trying to help me ("I don't gripe to you Reiben, gripes go up"). I could do a return to @CSTactical but that screws them with the unit and fees, I might have to pay to ship it back and they don't have any units to replace it. I have a LR and an AndiScan so, I have options. /flex off

Yeah, that's kind of shitty CS if you ask me... You know they have a few stuffed away for some SHTF in case something like this happened. No company just goes full raw dog into something brand new without emergency stock for CS reasons...
I do have a pre-paid RMA and will return the unit. Garmin is watching this thread so maybe it won't take as long, but I do have options. I played with the unit last evening with my air rifle and it does pickup shots and the phone app works, just not my screen.

I do think it's my screen as at one point, the brightness selection did not alter the screen brightness. Guess I was just the life's winner for yesterday. ;)

Last edited:
The rail has to cost $150+ or it won’t work. That’s not “Boy Math” but “Long Range Shooting Math.”
And don’t worry guys. The $20 plate was around long before the Xero ever came out.

The rail has to cost $150+ or it won’t work. That’s not “Boy Math” but “Long Range Shooting Math.”
LRSM is hard! I took pretty much every math and physics class undergrad and grad offered but I still can't wrap my head around why a bipod costs $1000 and a scope mount is $700. I suspect that their logo certainly has "Buy once cry once!" on it.

Garmin and Sig must really be missing the ball. Here they both make complicated devices like range finding binoculars that can range things accurately for a couple thousand yards and radar track projectiles in a tiny weapon mounted chronographs both for less money than a bipod. Hopefully Garmin never figures out that their technological wonder is selling for less than a small hunk of CNC'd aluminum.

Better buy these things up fast before they do the LMSM and realize they could be selling them for $5000 a pop.

All that fun said, if it was me and I didn't need it immediately, I might wait a few months, maybe spring next shooting season. You can almost bet with every technical device or mechanical these days (looking at you Sig), that once they get out to the masses they absolutely will be issues and upgrades/updates that the public will never learn of in the first year. Though compared to most shooting electronic devices Garmin's devices are usually pretty bulletproof.

Maybe it’s on old wives tale but if you’re concerned with the life and longevity of the battery don’t leave it constantly plugged in. Charge it when it’s low. Again I’m a nobody and don’t know jack shit about modern battery chemistry.

Reactions: max1840 and FuhQ
One thing never mentioned, was if you can run the app in realtime as the chrono, like you do with the Bulletseeker Mach4? With the BSM4, you can use the app to switch between your shot strings, your rifle profiles, etc... right from the phone, while leaving the unit in place. That was one super cool feature I like about it. Does the Garmin allow you to do this, as well?
Did anyone answer this question? Can you manage sessions/shots/etc from the phone during session or is it only after the fact download to the phone?

Reactions: FuhQ
Did anyone answer this question? Can you manage sessions/shots/etc from the phone during session or is it only after the fact download to the phone?
Sessions log to your phone after you end the session. Nit picking here, but I would like to see more controlling via the phone. I’m sure they will improve the app functionality over time. Unlike their competitor LabRadar. Honestly nothing, but happy with the Garmin.

They might even be able to add velocity at different distances in a software update in the future, who knows.

Don't know. Going to find out shortly though!

Reactions: FuhQ and Baron23

Maybe I’m being dense (it’s happened once before), but I didn’t hear them specifically answer this question in the video.

Mine will be here tomorrow, so I guess I’ll know then