• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Speaking of LabRadar it’s amazing how steadfast loyal a lot of owners are after reading up on the Fb owners group. No one likes the new kid on the block.
You should have been the first guy to help R&D suppressors for a brand new company…It was fun getting clowned-on for 1.5 years until a few weeks ago when TBAC did an unbiased test, and now suddenly everyone accepts them as being legit competitors, despite you telling them all this for 1.5 years prior. The shooting community can be a bunch of biased hard-headed MF’ers sometimes.

You should have been the first guy to help R&D suppressors for a brand new company…It was fun getting clowned-on for 1.5 years until a few weeks ago when TBAC did an unbiased test, and now suddenly everyone accepts them as being legit competitors, despite you telling them all this for 1.5 years prior. The shooting community can be a bunch of biased hard-headed MF’ers sometimes.
Yeah, but they still include that ultra cheesy crush peel washer... 🤣

Last edited:
LR must be to only radar doppler that hates suppressors.
SQI-Andiscan and FX TB dont give a F about suppressor, so does this new Garmin.
So what is the problem on LR?
I had one, and i hated, i hated a lot, since the day one.
Not sure is the EU version even worst than US model, because the radat power is cut down up to 50%, because the fucking eu cunts.
I had the microphone kit for the LR, but i still was a piece of shit.
Luckily got the same money when i sold it, that what i payd it for.

Maybe it’s on old wives tale but if you’re concerned with the life and longevity of the battery don’t leave it constantly plugged in. Charge it when it’s low. Again I’m a nobody and don’t know jack shit about modern battery chemistry.

The best way to keep a battery strong for as long as possible is not to charge it past 70-80%. Most apple products now won’t charge past 75% unless you tell it to and Tesla recommends not past 80% unless your about to take a trip.

Reactions: FuhQ and 021411
Not sure is the EU version even worst than US model, because the radat power is cut down up to 50%, because the fucking eu cunts.
As far as I can tell, Garmin ( and perhaps some others like Andiscan, etc) have doppler on all the time while Labradar has to be triggered.

So, you can set LR to be on all the time but I think that seriously eats battery time and increases the chance of picking up shots from other near by shooters.

I suspect (almost to "know") that the newer doppler chronos use far more efficient radar RF components...perhaps with seriously better signal processing...than was available to LR when it was released.

LR's issue, to me, is that they are resting on their laurels and haven't upgraded the unit in any significant way...and their app sucks sweaty balls.

I'll say it again...most hdwr manf think of an app as a little "easy to make/nice to have" ancillary item so they do cheapo software development or outsource it to a CS grad student sort of thing. To make an app...that interfaces with a complex system...rock solid and actually useful is not easy. Given Garmin's long history of software development, I expect their app to be pretty stable and they will upgrade it over time as lessons are learned.

Last edited:
Yup if it worked 100% for you great. Keep on keeping on.. While I didn’t have an awful ownership experience as you did, it did give me a few headaches. I could never for the life of me get Bluetooth to connect. I hated the fact that I had to use a trigger (Piet’s trigger was a godsend) to pick up suppressed shots and yes the microphone sucked. The occasional tracking errors also sucked. Setting it up for a range session wasn’t bad but did take time. I’ve also dropped my LR and broke a few internal board screw supports.
I love how fast the Garmin fires up immediately and is ready to go after selecting your platform and velocity range. I’m ready for change.

If you have a case from any of your SAC die purchases, it works perfectly
IMG_8023.jpeg

None of my SAC dies came with that case

However I wish they did. I’ve always got cardboard boxes or a cardboard tube
I think it’s a more recent thing. My older ones came in the cardboard, my two most recent purchases came in the pelican like ones.

I think it’s a more recent thing. My older ones came in the cardboard, my two most recent purchases came in the pelican like ones.
Hmm I got a new sizer about a month ago and it was still the cardboard box. But maybe it was an older one they had on a shelf still.

Either way glad to see they have upgraded

Reactions: Patty
Seems some sites and channels giving discount code deals like Xring's channel code 'XRING' giving 5% off on Area419.com's site. If anyone knows of similar or better, please post for those of us still waiting for stock to return.

The Bulletseeker Mach4 hates suppressors, too. I have one. It's an $1,100 finicky pain in the ass. That's why I also bought the Garmin yesterday.

The best way to keep a battery strong for as long as possible is not to charge it past 70-80%. Most apple products now won’t charge past 75% unless you tell it to and Tesla recommends not past 80% unless your about to take a trip.
Yeah, I noticed my "new" (refurbed) MacBook Pro does this. I like that feature.

Hmm I got a new sizer about a month ago and it was still the cardboard box. But maybe it was an older one they had on a shelf still.

Either way glad to see they have upgraded

It’s a new thing. Probably phased in, a 28 Nosler modular sizing die two months ago came with the new plastic box.

Reactions: RS14
You pay $500 for a single reloading die, that fucker better come in a case like that. That's ridiculous. I like SAC, and have quite a few of their items like their modular barrel vise kit, and I only use SAC bushings, but $300-500 for 1 die is stupid.

Maybe I’m being dense (it’s happened once before), but I didn’t hear them specifically answer this question in the video.

Mine will be here tomorrow, so I guess I’ll know then
"And you can come back later and easily resume the session".
I'm guessing 'resume' is synonymous with continue, add to, etc.

"And you can come back later and easily resume the session".
I'm guessing 'resume' is synonymous with continue, add to, etc.
I heard that…but I want to resume previous sessions. LR can technically do the same thing as above and resume the session…but not resume a previous session.

Harbor freight apache 1800 case is very cost effective, had my labradar in their larger version, great case, tho Chicom made.
Harbor freight apache 1800 case is very cost effective, had my labradar in their larger version, great case, tho Chicom made.
Picked up one yesterday. Will see how it fits when the Xero gets here Monday.

I heard that…but I want to resume previous sessions. LR can technically do the same thing as above and resume the session…but not resume a previous session.
The Bulletseeker Mach4 you can have like 50 strings saved in the app, and you can continue them at any time just by selecting which one to continue with. You can swap back and forth at will, and it won't delete anything or stop reading. I hope Garmin updates the Xero to do this, and allows you to run live features in the App while simultaneously running the unit. I don't see why it wouldn't be more than a simple app software update, since they're already built to communicate via bluetooth... Just reprogram the app to run live-feed with the unit.

While you can leave the factory protective film on the screen, I ordered a pack of matte trimmable ones on Amazon. It’s made for car displays. I’ll use the factory film as a pattern to cut it. I don’t plan on scratching up my screen but you never know. Shit happens.
I’ll update tomorrow.

Reactions: NiteQwill
I still haven’t been able to find one…. Thanks again Scheels.:mad:

Yes, as you know you can add to a LR series as you don’t create a new series. Then you are locked out of older existing series. Stupid IMO

The Bulletseeker Mach4 you can have like 50 strings saved in the app, and you can continue them at any time just by selecting which one to continue with. You can swap back and forth at will, and it won't delete anything or stop reading. I hope Garmin updates the Xero to do this, and allows you to run live features in the App while simultaneously running the unit. I don't see why it wouldn't be more than a simple app software update, since they're already built to communicate via bluetooth... Just reprogram the app to run live-feed with the unit.
might not be that easy. I can sort of see potential timing and and synchronization challenges.

might not be that easy. I can sort of see potential timing and and synchronization challenges.
Well, I'm not a techy or coder, so I have no idea, just seems like it wouldn't be too difficult, if the BSM4 can do it, since they seem fairly similar in basic design and function.

Reactions: Baron23
Yes, as you know you can add to a LR series as you don’t create a new series. Then you are locked out of older existing series. Stupid IMO
So sounds like Garmin has the same limitation... :rolleyes:

Stupid.
Seems like a very common scenario...
I bring Rifle A and Rifle B to the range.
I shoot a string with rifle A over the chrono.
I want to let Rifle A barrel cool, so I move to shooting Rifle B with a new chrono string.
I want to go back to rifle A now that it's cooled down some....but I can't go back and add to my original string?

Hope this gets updated. LR has had this limitation since launch...hope the Garmin listens to their audience and adds this ability (assuming it's not there as I'm anticipating...)

I’m sure if we give them the feedback they will make updates. :) I’m sorta confident that they will not be like LR and just brush you off saying their product and app are perfect and the user is the problem.

Seeing shots live on the app, arming and disarming the Garmin from the app, going back to older sessions and if possible seeing velocities down range. We just have to ask and as said, they are watching the thread. 🙂

Took the Garmin out today. Flawless. Didn’t miss a shot. Only gripe is the delayed sync after a string. Learned that if I did a soft close of the app, it updated the sync right away

Took mine indoor. Great user experience, popped up on the pistol range easy, and I could easily get my speeds testing reloads. Funtastic. It did pick up the bay next to me but I honestly don’t care. Even with the next bay being picked up my shots were 100%. So simple.

It seemed like as long as I was shooting it picked mine up, and after a while of not finding things close by it expanded its view to grab some shooters farther away. Like it was looking first for easy things to pick up and then expanded the field of view after a while. But that could all be in my head. Maybe it just prioritized all the information it receives and displays the closest returns. That might be more likely.

Also, Amazon Eva foam case waiting for me after range was perfect fit. I might 3d print a TPU insert, but for my indoor range bag it is perfect.

Of 2 I ordered the smaller black one is a perfect for it. Brown one has a little give, enough room to cut out and insert a foam or 3d printed padding.

Link to black one:

Attachments

• IMG_2893.jpeg
    IMG_2893.jpeg
    959.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2892.jpeg
    IMG_2892.jpeg
    707.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2891.jpeg
    IMG_2891.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2894.jpeg
    IMG_2894.jpeg
    771.2 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
So sounds like Garmin has the same limitation... :rolleyes:

Stupid.
Seems like a very common scenario...
I bring Rifle A and Rifle B to the range.
I shoot a string with rifle A over the chrono.
I want to let Rifle A barrel cool, so I move to shooting Rifle B with a new chrono string.
I want to go back to rifle A now that it's cooled down some....but I can't go back and add to my original string?

Hope this gets updated. LR has had this limitation since launch...hope the Garmin listens to their audience and adds this ability (assuming it's not there as I'm anticipating...)
This is what I love about the Bulletseeker Mach4. It DOES let you do this. I hope the Garmin will let you do this, with a software update soon. But it will require them being able to run live-feed from the unit to the app in real time. This is how the BSM4 works, because it doesn't have any screen, other than your smartphone.

Took mine indoor. Great user experience, popped up on the pistol range easy, and I could easily get my speeds testing reloads. Funtastic. It did pick up the bay next to me but I honestly don’t care. Even with the next bay being picked up my shots were 100%. So simple.

It seemed like as long as I was shooting it picked mine up, and after a while of not finding things close by it expanded its view to grab some shooters farther away. Like it was looking first for easy things to pick up and then expanded the field of view after a while. But that could all be in my head. Maybe it just prioritized all the information it receives and displays the closest returns. That might be more likely.

Also, Amazon Eva foam case waiting for me after range was perfect fit. I might 3d print a TPU insert, but for my indoor range bag it is perfect.

Of 2 I ordered the smaller black one is a perfect for it.
Got a link to that hard pouch? That's perfect size with the tripod attached, and the right amount of protection for it inside a range bag!

Got a link to that hard pouch? That's perfect size with the tripod attached, and the right amount of protection for it inside a range bag!
Here you go, it is a perfect fit no slop, and about as small as it could get. I wish the black one came in the brown color, because I am vain like that, but what can you do. Same company makes both though. And for $9 bucks hard to go wrong.

Black exact fit one

Cool brown color one but flops around a little:

Here you go, it is a perfect fit no slop, and about as small as it could get. I wish the black one came in the brown color, because I am vain like that, but what can you do. Same company makes both though. And for $9 bucks hard to go wrong.

Black exact fit one
Thanks! I just ordered one of the black ones (exact fit). It has a 5% off coupon right now, and tax and all was $8.93 shipped. So, I'll give it a go for now, and if I feel I need more protection later, I'll go with the Pelican 1040 setup. 👍🏼

If you listen really close you can just hear the LabRadar saying maybe we should have listened to our customers and did an upgrade.
The form factor and performance of the Garmin makes the Labradar downright embarrassing.
That said, I do love how immediately high the bar was set at only the second release of a consumer grade radar chronograph. I hope we can start focusing on things like ballistic truing moving forward now that form factor is out of the way.

As far as I can tell, Garmin ( and perhaps some others like Andiscan, etc) have doppler on all the time while Labradar has to be triggered.

So, you can set LR to be on all the time but I think that seriously eats battery time and increases the chance of picking up shots from other near by shooters.

I suspect (almost to "know") that the newer doppler chronos use far more efficient radar RF components...perhaps with seriously better signal processing...than was available to LR when it was released.

LR's issue, to me, is that they are resting on their laurels and haven't upgraded the unit in any significant way...and their app sucks sweaty balls.

I'll say it again...most hdwr manf think of an app as a little "easy to make/nice to have" ancillary item so they do cheapo software development or outsource it to a CS grad student sort of thing. To make an app...that interfaces with a complex system...rock solid and actually useful is not easy. Given Garmin's long history of software development, I expect their app to be pretty stable and they will upgrade it over time as lessons are learned.

Here's why: Labradar is owned by Infinition (a Quebec company, which explains the attitude). They have... get this... 11 employees and $5.2M in revenue (peanuts). Garmin, on the other hand, has almost 20,000 employees and almost $5 BILLION in revenue. Which company do you think has better R&D? That's right—Garmin. This product has been available for all of 2 days and already it's killing it. I'm sure more issues will become apparent, but it looks like Garmin really knocked it out of the park. Here are some features I can see being added in an update:

1. Garmin case
2. Auto-rotate screen (or user selectable) for when unit is mounted upside down (it already knows when unit is in motion, so should be an easy addition)
3. Resume past sessions

Reactions: GIXXER2000
I used a LabRadar 3 times re-boxed it sold it here on the hide. Nothing but problems and LabRadar was no help when I talked to them. I still use my Magneto Speed but will jump on the Garmin wagon next round. Just dumped $6200 on the roof%&()^$@#

Reactions: FuhQ and TheOE800