• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I’m sure if we give them the feedback they will make updates. :) I’m sorta confident that they will not be like LR and just brush you off saying their product and app are perfect and the user is the problem.

Seeing shots live on the app, arming and disarming the Garmin from the app, going back to older sessions and if possible seeing velocities down range. We just have to ask and as said, they are watching the thread. 🙂

It still surprises me and angers me when a company has a crap attitude and thinks they know better than their customers. I've been using a nice Chisel Machining skeleton stock on my Marlin 1895. Great product. EXCEPT... the length of pull is too short for me (6' 2"). I emailed them yesterday about offering a spacer or two to extend the recoil pad out more. Their response? No. They don't see a need for longer length of pull and in their opinion, a shorter length of pull is better. I was like dude... EVERY aftermarket stock out there has the ability to increase or decrease the length of pull to acommodate shooters who are taller or shorter. Most rifle LOPs is around 14 3/4". Shotguns, rifles, etc. Their stock is under 13". Could really use another inch or two. And offering a simple spacer should be super easy for a company that has a bunch of CNC machines at their disposal. They basically told me to stop bothering them. What a weird attitude.

Here's why: Labradar is owned by Infinition (a Quebec company, which explains the attitude). They have... get this... 11 employees and $5.2M in revenue (peanuts). Garmin, on the other hand, has almost 20,000 employees and almost $5 BILLION in revenue. Which company do you think has better R&D? That's right—Garmin. This product has been available for all of 2 days and already it's killing it. I'm sure more issues will become apparent, but it looks like Garmin really knocked it out of the park. Here are some features I can see being added in an update:

1. Garmin case
2. Auto-rotate screen (or user selectable) for when unit is mounted upside down (it already knows when unit is in motion, so should be an easy addition)
3. Resume past sessions
I received an email from LR telling me they have units in stock ready to ship.

Ordered direct from Garmin Yesterday 8:45 Showed 2-3 day when ordered, but still no tracking.
Ordered the 419 arm with Arca knob & no tracking on that yet either.

Going to order the dual Arca Picatiny clamp so it'll work on my short AR's
Everything we have sold has been *actually* in-stock so I'd guess you get tracking Monday. Clearly Th and F were very large shipping days, I'm sure not everything got out as quickly as we'd like. If you want to DM me your order number I can look.

I fucking love SH for threads like this. Great resource. It's only been 2 days lol. I bet in two weeks or two months, Garmin's already gonna have a V2 planned using all the feedback from this thread.

Like being able to sync multiple units situated at different distances down range to get a true BC while bullet is in flight.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Here you go, it is a perfect fit no slop, and about as small as it could get. I wish the black one came in the brown color, because I am vain like that, but what can you do. Same company makes both though. And for $9 bucks hard to go wrong.

Black exact fit one

Cool brown color one but flops around a little:

Perfect. Ordered this case. $8 w/free delivery lol.

I like this one better than the orange hard case SAC uses because I really don't need more room in the case and the whole point is to pack smaller in my range bag. This one is perfec.t

I fucking love SH for threads like this. Great resource. It's only been 2 days lol. I bet in two weeks or two months, Garmin's already gonna have a V2 planned using all the feedback from this thread.

Like being able to sync multiple units situated at different distances down range to get a true BC while bullet is in flight.
I started this thread almost a month ago and the hype around it kept building and building until splooooge. Here we are. 🤣

User title checks out.
Ok, I was confused by this, initially.

So I dug around a bit. Maybe this will help someone.

I started this thread almost a month ago and the hype around it kept building and building until splooooge. Here we are. 🤣
Ok, “splooooge”. First clue.

“User title”? Ah, must mean that “Custom title” thing, where I currently have 💥💥💥💥.

So wtf is “hot loads B==D - - -”?
1697928085791.png

Substitute an “8” for the “B” and everything fell into place.

1697928042534.png

Now I get to confess to my sins and say an “Our Father” or five.

I always think it's interesting that manufacturers are never brave enough, or smart enough, or humble enough to come to forums etc. and ASK what end users want in a product, or what shortcomings there are in current products they want improved upon. I'm sure Garmin had experts, and testers etc. but it's amazing how many times we see products like this and it's not even in most people's hands and tons of shooters already identified and asked features they wish the new product had. Even if you don't/can't implement it all, at least ask and get the free ideas.

As for them adding new features......based on decades of using their GPS and Cycling products I think it's unlikely, but I'm happy to be wrong. Garmin has been very limited in the past on ever adding new features to a current product in software (this is true of most companies, most will only address bugs once a product is released) I suspect this is because the new version is already on the drawing board/thought process and those new features are simply selling points for the next product generation.

A lot of it I suspect is simply how things are made these days, most of the time user interface is an after thought, and in terms of developers/software front end developers are poorly paid and not highly regarded. Also usually the interface is one of the last items coded/fixed, and by that time most of the contract $ is gone and deadlines are looming. They are the civil engineers of the engineering world. Which is sad because at the end of the day, the customer/end user is going to interface with their work more than anyone else's and nothing turns customers off more than a bad interface. It's that way working for a S&P 500 defense company building systems with software interfaces for customers, I doubt Garmin is any different.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
Well I had high hopes for my LR this morning at the range. Got it all setup and was reading my 308 suppressed no problem. Swapped over to test some 458 SOCOM subs from a 16" suppressed (external trigger), and it started spitting out 3600+ FPS... Yeah freaking right! doubled checked all of my settings, shot again, 3570.... I'm done

Come on Garmin. Please be everything we think you can be

I always think it's interesting that manufacturers are never brave enough, or smart enough, or humble enough to come to forums etc. and ASK what end users want in a product, or what shortcomings there are in current products they want improved upon. I'm sure Garmin had experts, and testers etc. but it's amazing how many times we see products like this and it's not even in most people's hands and tons of shooters already identified and asked features they wish the new product had. Even if you don't/can't implement it all, at least ask and get the free ideas.

As for them adding new features......based on decades of using their GPS and Cycling products I think it's unlikely, but I'm happy to be wrong. Garmin has been very limited in the past on ever adding new features to a current product in software (this is true of most companies, most will only address bugs once a product is released) I suspect this is because the new version is already on the drawing board/thought process and those new features are simply selling points for the next product generation.

A lot of it I suspect is simply how things are made these days, most of the time user interface is an after thought, and in terms of developers/software front end developers are poorly paid and not highly regarded. They are the civil engineers of the engineering world. Which is sad because at the end of the day, the customer/end user is going to interface with their work more than anyone else's and nothing turns customers off more than a bad interface. It's that way working for a S&P 500 defense company building systems with software interfaces for customers, I doubt Garmin is any different.

My gut's telling me the reason why companies don't send reps to forums like this for suggestions/feedback is because by post 4 you're gonna have a shit show. Trolls, flamers, arguing, etc. Companies like Garmin do their research and work with well-known beta testers who engage in the activities the product's aimed at. Maybe even focus groups (ugh, gross). But there are a lot of people on SH (and every forum for that matter) who are just assholes and they'd ruin the exercise if a company started crowd sourcing feedback.

I’m surprised blowhard owners of the other brands haven’t posted in this thread on how junky the Garmin is to them.

• Haha
Reactions: Defender3
I’m surprised blowhard owners of the other brands haven’t posted in this thread on how junky the Garmin is to them.
I have no emotional attachment to my Magnetospeed. When I get around to getting this Garmin or their V2, I’ll donate it to some youngster getting into reloading.

I have no emotional attachment to my Magnetospeed. When I get around to getting this Garmin or their V2, I’ll donate it to some youngster getting into reloading.

Same. I might donate it to one of my local ranges/clubs for general use.

Reactions: 021411
got my xero yesterday and did some blasting into the hillside from my sig mcx air, and it didn't dissapoint. Nice little chrono and thanks to the poster back a few pages that linked the soft case, one on the way!

Reactions: Badjujuu
Because of past experience with them, I wouldn't buy from them if they had the last units period! Unless you can go to their shop and feel it in your hand, you may never get it otherwise!
Agreed, between them and Optics Planet it's always a crap shoot if you'll get something, but I have gotten some ridiculous deals at both over the years. I'd never use them for anything I had to have quickly though. That said, if you can't get it anywhere.......might as well save $100 for waiting. Worst case if it's still not here in a couple months it sounds like the next run of stock units should hit in Nov/Dec. and there will be availability at full price.

Reactions: IsaacL
The Bulletseeker Mach4 hates suppressors, too. I have one. It's an $1,100 finicky pain in the ass. That's why I also bought the Garmin yesterday.
Ok, that was new to me.
Thought that was working with or with the can too.
Did you received your Garmin, or is the delivery time for these in next year?
Saw some shop advertising, order now, get 2024 May or similar month in early 24.

Ok, that was new to me.
Saw some shop advertising, order now, get 2024 May or similar month in early 24.

Not sure about availability in Finland and Europe in general, but in the US the first wave of Garmins shipped out and showed up in stores a few days ago. Many people here are already using them.

As far as availability in the EU... while I see it shown on a couple of sites in the Netherlands it only says available for backorder with no set date. Also, I'm not sure if the EU version of the Garmin will have the same power level or a lower radar power level than the US market (similar to the Labradar, the EU market version of the Labradar is lower power than the US version.)

Ok, that was new to me.
It works...Most of the time. But location of the unit is so damn picky it's almost not even worth messing with. You have to put it right beside the suppressor (and inch or 2 away), and dead-even with end of it, and it has to be angled slightly inwards for it to detect the bullet. And if you move anything different, or use a rifle with a shorter barrel, or move the muzzle a few inches to shoot at another target, it won't pickup.

I haven't received the Garmin yet, but it will be here on Monday.

Reactions: viking78
My gut's telling me the reason why companies don't send reps to forums like this for suggestions/feedback is because by post 4 you're gonna have a shit show. Trolls, flamers, arguing, etc. Companies like Garmin do their research and work with well-known beta testers who engage in the activities the product's aimed at. Maybe even focus groups (ugh, gross). But there are a lot of people on SH (and every forum for that matter) who are just assholes and they'd ruin the exercise if a company started crowd sourcing feedback.
True dat.

Years ago, on the day the new Museum of the Marine Corps opened, a fat-assed (literally) basement dweller took the trigger groups out of all the period correct Garands that were on and in displays, marched them up to the front desk and announced "they" had a problem. Fucker should have been jailed. Museum fixed the problem by removing all the wonderful, period correct Garands from their armories used to authenticate the displays with plastic replicas. Sorry to take this off-topic, but since my Garmin isn't working I have to make the rest of you suffer. ;)

For those that are still waiting on your Xero’s.. Here’s how fast it takes to start up. It’s almost instant.
I posted the same video in the LR owners group on FB before leaving it all together and it was met with hostility. Yes, they are scared of something that actually works as intended.

Last edited:
While it's not an excuse for LR, I was frustrated with mine for a long time, for almost a decade they were basically the only game in town for what they offered. There really was nothing pushing them to innovate. That's why competition is good.

In reality if you look at what Garmin has been offering with the golf focused Approach R10 for 2 years now, what they put into the shooting chrono is really quite simplistic by comparison. The R10 costs the same, but not only tracks the projectile, it videos you, analyses club head speed, keeps videos, tracks courses, videos can be streamed to a larger monitor, tablet etc. Even then there are complaints though, for example Garmin makes club sensors that works with their GPS watches/rangefinder to identify club being used, and club stats during swing. These are not compatible with the R10 so users have to manually switch clubs in the software while using it, and garmin's response was basically that no one else is using sensors to identify clubs so it's not a priority.

The same is true for the Trapshooting S1 that's been out for 3-4 years now, it has a much more complex feature set, though a higher price.

Now if you really want to step up the game to insanity, add in the ability to put a 3 axis gyro sensor on the gun to track recoil mitigation, aim stability etc. add in a target camera, ability to tie into a larger screen/tablet, and tie into a rangefinder to deliver not just chrono numbers but ballistic adjustments to the shooter similar to the Kestrel HUD.

Part of the problem also it's always more lucrative for companies to sell you 2-3 devices than just one that does everything. It's why we have golf, shooting, cycling, tactical, hiking, vehicle etc. GPS's......one unit could easily do all of that in software, but then they can't sell you 4 devices for your needs.

While it's not an excuse for LR, I was frustrated with mine for a long time, for almost a decade they were basically the only game in town for what they offered. There really was nothing pushing them to innovate. That's why competition is good.

In reality if you look at what Garmin has been offering with the golf focused Approach R10 for 2 years now, what they put into the shooting chrono is really quite simplistic by comparison. The R10 costs the same, but not only tracks the projectile, it videos you, analyses club head speed, keeps videos, tracks courses, videos can be streamed to a larger monitor, tablet etc. Even then there are complaints though, for example Garmin makes club sensors that works with their GPS watches/rangefinder to identify club being used, and club stats during swing. These are not compatible with the R10 so users have to manually switch clubs in the software while using it, and garmin's response was basically that no one else is using sensors to identify clubs so it's not a priority.

The same is true for the Trapshooting S1 that's been out for 3-4 years now, it has a much more complex feature set, though a higher price.

Now if you really want to step up the game to insanity, add in the ability to put a 3 axis gyro sensor on the gun to track recoil mitigation, aim stability etc. add in a target camera, ability to tie into a larger screen/tablet, and tie into a rangefinder to deliver not just chrono numbers but ballistic adjustments to the shooter similar to the Kestrel HUD.

Part of the problem also it's always more lucrative for companies to sell you 2-3 devices than just one that does everything. It's why we have golf, shooting, cycling, tactical, hiking, vehicle etc. GPS's......one unit could easily do all of that in software, but then they can't sell you 4 devices for your needs.
100% true. I am very surprised that the name on this is the C1 Pro. I would have expected this to be the C1 and then maybe 18 months from now the C1 “Pro” comes out with new bells and whistles in the software.

Even if you didn't want to open it up and swap them, a portable cell phone charger that's 20000mah is $30 these days.

You could Velcro one to the side for a 2 week battery life as is.
I don't believe its clear that this unit will operate from an external battery if the internal one is dead or depleted. I believe this is called pass thru charging. Has this been found to be in error...am I wrong?

100% true. I am very surprised that the name on this is the C1 Pro. I would have expected this to be the C1 and then maybe 18 months from now the C1 “Pro” comes out with new bells and whistles in the software.

A lot of numbers come after 1

I don't believe its clear that this unit will operate from an external battery if the internal one is dead or depleted. I believe this is called pass thru charging. Has this been found to be in error...am I wrong?
I left my Xero plugged into the wall charger and when it was fully charged and on, there was a little plug symbol on the top of the screen. So I guess it was now bypassing the full battery and running off external. But again don’t know how it would behave on a non functioning battery and plugged in.

I’m sure with the immediate success in sales numbers on this a more advanced unit is already in the works