• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I am trying to make a 3D print for an ARCA Mount for the Zero...can someone with the device tell me the measurement of the bottom? I know it is about 3 inches wide but I am looking for the bottom distance of the flat area as well as the angle of the sides, it looks like 45 degrees or so...thanks...picture with ruler would be golden...thanks!

For those that are still waiting on your Xero’s.. Here’s how fast it takes to start up. It’s almost instant.
I posted the same video in the LR owners group on FB before leaving it all together and it was met with hostility. Yes, they are scared of something that actually works as intended.

And it’s not potato!!

100% true. I am very surprised that the name on this is the C1 Pro. I would have expected this to be the C1 and then maybe 18 months from now the C1 “Pro” comes out with new bells and whistles in the software.
I’m sure with the immediate success in sales numbers on this a more advanced unit is already in the works
Let’s wait for the PowerPoint summarising the spreadsheet of the first days of selling campaign get on the oak table of the executives meeting room, and then we might see some changes you both anticipate…

1000006176.jpg

I don't believe its clear that this unit will operate from an external battery if the internal one is dead or depleted. I believe this is called pass thru charging. Has this been found to be in error...am I wrong?

Unless the charger is bad it shouldn't know any better. External vs internal power is all the same so long as the power is getting through the power supply.

I’d been looking into the early gen 2 products (Bulletseeker, AndiScan, FX) for some time. I was close to ordering an AndiScan and liked the idea of supporting the professor making a useful and innovative product but was concerned about longer term viability and support.

The Xero C1 caught me by surprise when the GAP grind reports started to appear. I am rarely an early adopter but found a few in stock at S&S Archery (good people, good business) early in the morning on the 19th and got one ordered and even got a Rokslide discount.

It looked to arrive Saturday but the USPS sent it to the wrong zip at a border town with Canada, where it sits… Feel like a silly kid on Christmas Eve day…. Had hoped to be trying it out on the range today.

Last edited:
Reactions: tysonmax
For you guys planning to mount the XERO to your rifles has any thought been given to how the XERO will hold up to repeated recoil of the rifle its attached to? I read every spec on Garmin's website nowhere does it specifically say you can or suggest that as an option, but nowhere do they warn or say not to either. Just food for thought, but I suppose time will tell if the XERO will stand up to the recoil of a rifle.

Reactions: JPatzig
For you guys planning to mount the XERO to your rifles has any thought been given to how the XERO will hold up to repeated recoil of the rifle its attached to? I read every spec on Garmin's website nowhere does it specifically say you can or suggest that as an option, but nowhere do they warn or say not to either. Just food for thought, but I suppose time will tell if the XERO will stand up to the recoil of a rifle.
Maybe Area419 can develop a hat-mount instead lol

That’s a good point. If anyone has time behind one mounted it would be Area 419.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Unless the charger is bad it shouldn't know any better. External vs internal power is all the same so long as the power is getting through the power supply.
Ah, but we don't actually know that the circuit was designed that way and not all are. I'm betting no but I'm often wrong! haha

We'll see when somebody tries to run it from a USB power bank with the internal battery depleted.

Cheers

Got the Garmin out to the range today and ran it side by side with the magneto speed. The Garmin is on average 7fps faster.

What are your experiences with speed differences?

Reactions: FuhQ
Got the Garmin out to the range today and ran it side by side with the magneto speed. The Garmin is on average 7fps faster.

Garmin accuracy is 0.1%

Magnetospeed is 0.1-0.4%

For example, 7fps is about 0.2% of 3,000fps

So, you're well inside the combined/overlapping error of the two products.

I am not worried about the battery going tits up down the road even if Garmin wouldn't replace it, I am sure there is some electronics/cell phone repair company that could and or will find a way to replace it. Will probably be a YT video on it when the time comes, and you could do it yourself.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
I am trying to make a 3D print for an ARCA Mount for the Zero...can someone with the device tell me the measurement of the bottom? I know it is about 3 inches wide but I am looking for the bottom distance of the flat area as well as the angle of the sides, it looks like 45 degrees or so...thanks...picture with ruler would be golden...thanks!
the flat lip on the bottom is 57.3mm x 22.41mm.
dont have a means of getting a good angle measurement for you but i'd be inclined to say more along the lines of 37.5 to start, the rounding/angles on this are not flat - they bow inward.

Reactions: Davehc130
Yep, no complaints, just an observation

I personally just make sure I'm using the same chrono for load development and dope and then don't worry much about it.

I.E. I'd make sure the Garmin is close to the speed of known working chrono, then I'd ditch the non Garmin and wouldn't give much thought otherwise.

I am not worried about the battery going tits up down the road even if Garmin wouldn't replace it, I am sure there is some electronics/cell phone repair company that could and or will find a way to replace it. Will probably be a YT video on it when the time comes, and you could do it yourself.
Fella opened his already (its in this thread with pics) and the battery is a standard available flat pack with pig tail and small connector. It is potted with a bit of silicon....so, get some silicon caulk and pot it again if you like.

Garmin is full of shit about "buy a new one" after warranty runs out. Its an easy repair. Just regular corporate bullshit.

Look back a few pages. Someone already took the Xero apart and found a battery on Amazon. Love it. Lol

Edit: looks like someone already pointed this out

I compared mine to two different Labradar units and one Magneto V3. The Garmin matched within 1FPS for 8 rounds with the Magneto V3, 10 rounds with the first Labradar, and 5 rounds with the second Labradar

Plug that difference into your solver. Bet it doesn't make a damn bit if difference.

Plug that difference into your solver. Bet it doesn't make a damn bit if difference.

I got curious so I tried it. I raised/lowered muzzle velocity until it yielded one click (0.1 MIL) of elevation change at 1,000 yards for a 140gr 6.5CM ELD-M with a muzzle velocity of 2,790fps. Looks like 14fps is the threshold for me.

Reactions: jwramp
View attachment 8254870View attachment 8254871
I used the shipping screen film as a template and cut one out of a larger sheet of trimmable screen protectors made for vehicles. I did a half ass cutting job but it works. Point is to protect the screen.
Pictured are both screen colors in direct sunlight.
It might have been easier to remove the old shipping plastic, lay a new square over the top of the unit, and then trim around the edges with a razor blade... You would get a more precise fit, and probably wouldn't even know it was ever on there.

Where did you get the material? I might need to order some, so I can do this on mine when it arrives before using.

It might have been easier to remove the old shipping plastic, lay a new square over the top of the unit, and then trim around the edges with a razor blade... You would get a more precise fit, and probably wouldn't even know it was ever on there.

Where did you get the material? I might need to order some, so I can do this on mine when it arrives before using.
Knowing my history with X-Acto knives I was fine with my method. 🤣 I honestly wasn’t looking for a seamless look. 99.9999999% of the screen is protected so it’s good to go.
I ordered the sheet from Amazon for about $8. They are made for vehicle infotainment screens so they are large.

Reactions: FuhQ
Knowing my history with X-Acto knives I was fine with my method. 🤣 I honestly wasn’t looking for a seamless look. 99.9999999% of the screen is protected so it’s good to go.
I ordered the sheet from Amazon for about $8. They are made for vehicle infotainment screens so they are large.
Got a link? I don't even know what that stuff is called to start looking. 😂

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

El cheapo plate from Amazon works. You do in my option need to add rubber padding or something squishy for the Xero to press against while you’re tightening the screw underneath. Gives the unit some tension so it doesn’t easily rotate. That’s why Area419 designed theirs to fit to not allow the unit to rotate. We are talking $20 vs $60.

Reactions: Capt45 and FuhQ
Ordered from Lancaster Archery but nothing shipped yet. Also I got greedy and bought a rrs sc-arc for the 419 arm, it does not work together without shim stacking or attacking it with a dremel

Ordered from Lancaster Archery but nothing shipped yet. Also I got greedy and bought a rrs sc-arc for the 419 arm, it does not work together without shim stacking or attacking it with a dremel
I thought about this as well and figured it wouldn’t work. I’d like the ability to you an RRS BTC clamp for its versatility, Arca/Pic.
I emailed RRS on Friday to see if I could get it on their radar…

Last edited:
Reactions: Texascbr
Wonder if we could switch to the BTC since looks like you could orient all moving parts to outside...
My friend had the same idea but was worried about the bottom being shaped like this. Having an extra rrs mount never hurt anyone though

Attachments

• rrs soar btc pro bipod clamp.png
    rrs soar btc pro bipod clamp.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 69
Yeah sure, both orientations , first doesn't let the clamp open
Oh snap. I was planning on using the BTC Pro clamp (the old one), looks like it should work because like someone else mentioned, the knob and moving side of the clamp are on the same side.

I never got tracking for the 419 rail so I assume I am on some sort of backorder even though it said in stock when I ordered. But when it gets here I'll try it.

20231022_183852.jpg

Last edited: