• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Made my $8 Amazon case all tactical and stuff because I was bored. Then remembered I 3d print all kinds of stuff, so making a TPU Xero insert for the $30 magpul DAKA small organizer case I just ordered, because I can’t just leave well enough alone.

Also printed up a Xero anti-concussion device printing out in TPU right now to replace the mock-up on my Amazon rail. Those corners have the slightest bit of curve I didn’t account for on my first try.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.jpeg
    IMG_2901.jpeg
    911 KB · Views: 464
  • Xero insert.jpeg
    Xero insert.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    613.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Made my $8 Amazon case all tactical and stuff because I was bored. Then remembered I 3d print all kinds of stuff, so making a TPU Xero insert for the $30 magpul DAKA small organizer case I just ordered, because I can’t just leave well enough alone.

Also printed up a Xero anti-concussion device printing out in TPU right now to replace the mock-up on my Amazon rail. Those corners have the slightest bit of curve I didn’t account for on my first try.
Dude, that's awesome! I'd love to mod my amazon Xero case like that! How much you charge for the laser etching and the 3D printed insert?

Reactions: mrtoyz

Hell yeah! Nice work. How much you charge me for one of those printed Xero footprints mounted on your rail?

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

The Xero is stupid easy to use. From this morning’s side by side.
I’ll get a longer string going to see the difference. Pictured was only 10 rounds.

For giggles afterwards I placed it back towards me with the bipod leg in the way. No issues.

Last edited:
El cheapo plate from Amazon works. You do in my option need to add rubber padding or something squishy for the Xero to press against while you’re tightening the screw underneath. Gives the unit some tension so it doesn’t easily rotate. That’s why Area419 designed theirs to fit to not allow the unit to rotate. We are talking $20 vs $60.

I am going to add a minature acra plate to the bottom of my Xero, then a Arca clamp to the on rifle rig - for this reason as well as others.

On a different topic - Does anyone know if the Xero currently or planned - as the ability to pickup the FPS down range as well and calculate Ballistic Coefficients?

This is a feature I am keenly interested in. Even if it takes a larger implementation down the road that cannot be mounted to the rifle, I'd be investing in a production quality system that can do this accurately. I think the FX True Ballistic was doing this?

In any event, having a range rig that does this, especially if it played in the same eco system - using the same software, coordinating data, etc would be ideal. Having range, load specific BCs are a huge key for things like 300 yd plus 22lr. I mean, they are a key to all ballistics, but they really matter the further out you go, and further out is relative, and with 22lr, further out isn't all that far out.

BC is not specific to ranges or loads it is specific to speed. Most likely someone has shot what you are at a speed very close to what you are in the kestrel CDMs. just go find the closest one, and you are now within a thou of your true BC if not exactly. You don't need down-range FPS thanks to the work of the kestrel team.

Oh snap. I was planning on using the BTC Pro clamp (the old one), looks like it should work because like someone else mentioned, the knob and moving side of the clamp are on the same side.

I never got tracking for the 419 rail so I assume I am on some sort of backorder even though it said in stock when I ordered. But when it gets here I'll try it.

View attachment 8255102
That is exactly what I used and it works great. (Old RRS clamp and Area419 rail)

Reactions: Meety Peety
BC is not specific to ranges or loads it is specific to speed. Most likely someone has shot what you are at a speed very close to what you are in the kestrel CDMs. just go find the closest one, and you are now within a thou of your true BC if not exactly. You don't need down-range FPS thanks to the work of the kestrel team.
This.

What’s the SD on the CDM’s?

Oh snap. I was planning on using the BTC Pro clamp (the old one), looks like it should work because like someone else mentioned, the knob and moving side of the clamp are on the same side.

I never got tracking for the 419 rail so I assume I am on some sort of backorder even though it said in stock when I ordered. But when it gets here I'll try it.

View attachment 8255102

Just don't use the area 419 rail, any flat rail will work with the RRS clamp. Lots of options to keep the chrono from turning can be DIY'd. Velcro, rubber tabs, grip tape, epoxy a wedge on one side, etc....

How do you like the leophoto dual clamp. Saw those the other day when I was googling clamps. I like have the option for arca/picatinney.

Just don't use the area 419 rail, any flat rail will work with the RRS clamp. Lots of options to keep the chrono from turning can be DIY'd. Velcro, rubber tabs, grip tape, epoxy a wedge on one side, etc....
Show me another plate with an ARMS-17 interface for the RRS clamp?
Yeah sure, both orientations , first doesn't let the clamp open
Dang, @flyer1a and Area419 can probably make a change to the plate. The RRS are about the only clamp I run right now.

Reactions: bucha4k and IsaacL
IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0872.jpeg

Final judgement. The Xero is THE shit. I had it pointed down range and it picked up every single shot from 100-990y. My buddy was prone a few feet away with his Xero and we did not pick up each other’s shot either. As a current LabRadar and Magnetospeed owner the Xero is king. Glad I spent the money.

Dang, @flyer1a and Area419 can probably make a change to the plate. The RRS are about the only clamp I run right now.

Is the ARMS-17 interface the groove that keeps it from turning? Don't know of another plate with that interface, that being said you can still clamp it to a flat rail.

Reactions: mrobb1979
How do you like the leophoto dual clamp. Saw those the other day when I was googling clamps. I like have the option for arca/picatinney.
Seems fine to me, because the picatinny is so low it did conflict with a quad rail on one of my SBRs with some rail covers, but the likelihood of me every needing to chrono that gun is nil. Everything else i slapped it on was fine, clamped right on and the QD was easy to adjust. For the price that whole rail was like $75 with the QD after a coupon, and there was a cheaper knob clamp, so you could probably get it down to like $45. I don’t know if that clamp is a knock off of someone else’s, but it seemed to cover all the bases I needed and all it needs to do is hold a chrono in near the right place. So I think it’ll be fine. I am in no way tier anything, other than maybe Tier OCD as seen by the little case inserts!

9 out of 10 times I I’m going to use the tripod most likely.

Seems fine to me, because the picatinny is so low it did conflict with a quad rail on one of my SBRs with some rail covers, but the likelihood of me every needing to chrono that gun is nil. Everything else i slapped it on was fine, clamped right on and the QD was easy to adjust. For the price that whole rail was like $75 with the QD after a coupon. I don’t know if that clamp is a knock off of someone else’s, but it seemed to cover all the bases I needed and all it needs to do is hold a chrono in near the right place. So I think it’ll be fine. I am in no way tier anything, other than maybe Tier OCD as seen by the little case inserts!

9 out of 10 times I I’m going to use the tripod most likely.

I'm sure it's a knockoff of the RRS clamp, about $100 cheaper.

View attachment 8255311
View attachment 8255312
Final judgement. The Xero is THE shit. I had it pointed down range and it picked up every single shot from 100-990y. My buddy was prone a few feet away with his Xero and we did not pick up each other’s shot either. As a current LabRadar and Magnetospeed owner the Xero is king. Glad I spent the money.
Good to know , got mine ordered at midway says 10-26 - 23 in stock , so guess my other old three chronographs will be on the classifieds in various forums.

View attachment 8255311
View attachment 8255312

Can you go back and edit / add more shots to the individual series or do you just keep adding new ones like the LabRadar?

Can you go back and edit / add more shots to the individual series or do you just keep adding new ones like the LabRadar?
I kinda sorta tried. Once you exit the session you can’t go back and resume it. You can pause the session and resume can’t fully exit and come back.

Is the ARMS-17 interface the groove that keeps it from turning? Don't know of another plate with that interface, that being said you can still clamp it to a flat rail.
No, it’s the screw hole pattern. Google it.

No, it’s the screw hole pattern. Google it.

Yea, two screws in line, many of the rails have a slot, those that don't can be drilled. Aluminum rail, it is pretty easy to drill a hole and thread for a screw. even a caveman can do it. Not sure why you'd need that interface to connect a short arca rail?

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23

It’s posts like this that make me wish I had a 3D printer. I just know it would get used like once every 18 months lol

I kinda sorta tried. Once you exit the session you can’t go back and resume it. You can pause the session and resume can’t fully exit and come back.
This is disappointing.
So if you just finished the 4th session, you can't add shots to session 3?

This is disappointing.
So if you just finished the 4th session, you can't add shots to session 3?
From me quickly messing around seems to be the case. Maybe it’s something Garmin can change later on with an update.

I have noticed that the velocities in the app are not matching what the chronograph says from my day out yesterday.
I just checked two random sessions. They match 1:1 on the device and in the app. I’m on v3.11.

Read most of the thread. So who’s going to be the first person to figure out how to rifle mount one or has it happened and I missed it?
There are several posts with various rails and mounts. Area419 sells a mount for it, or there are various chinese Amazon options.

So, let me pose this question. I understand that the ShotView app can export the data that can be imported into a spreadsheet. If you don't have the ShotView app because it won't run on you tablet or phone, can you connect your laptop to the Xero C1 Pro via USB cable and copy the data to your laptop and import into a spreadsheet?

Had my order placed Thursday at 08:00 mst, at that point it said in stock and ready to ship. Still delayed as of this am. I contacted them online support today, and they inform my order will not ship until December. How hard is it to have software that accounts for inventory as orders are placed? I'm not happy about this as I had opportunity on 3 other in stock locations, on and sold my labradar for fair value to get ahead the 100s that'll be hitting second hand market. This is partially on me, but f you garmin for showing in stock when you were sold out, and now not even giving me the ability to cancel or modify my order.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver

You might try any Arca rail and bolt an Atlas arms 17s adapter upon it. Then bolt your RRS clamp on that (obv).

Last edited:
Ok I’ll have to go read through again and pay attention in class.
If you’re looking for a specific Xero mount then Area419 is the one. For preexisting camera accessory mounts then the Amazon Chicom stuff works just fine.
The Xero placement is so forgiving you honestly don’t need a mount unless you have nowhere to set it down.

Reactions: Capt45
I dont see where it specifically states that this thing is rated to handle the recoil of a rifle. whats the worse that could happen?

Reactions: PappyM3
So, let me pose this question. I understand that the ShotView app can export the data that can be imported into a spreadsheet. If you don't have the ShotView app because it won't run on you tablet or phone, can you connect your laptop to the Xero C1 Pro via USB cable and copy the data to your laptop and import into a spreadsheet?
I do not believe so and I think the USB port is for charging only. It’s why you need the app connected to the unit for firmware upgrade.

Anyone - am I wrong?

Is there a 1/4-20 insert in the bottom of the unit?

Or rather at least threads to mount the unit to something other than it’s tripod that supplied with it?

you mind posting the STL for the rail buffer?

That screenshot came from a MacBook.

I was able to access the Xero file directory with my Dell LapTop on Windows 10 using the USB cable. I tried reading the data files, but I do not have any actual session files recorded yet.
Will be looking into it further once I have some data.

Reactions: Baron23 and Modoc