• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I do not believe so and I think the USB port is for charging only. It’s why you need the app connected to the unit for firmware upgrade.

Anyone - am I wrong?
Just plugged mine in. It reads it as a drive. The sessions are saved in the Shot_Sessions folder as .fit files. I believe that’s Garmin specific.
As an example, my last session is listed as 10-23-2023_07-28-46.fit

Reactions: Baron23
Same. I might donate it to one of my local ranges/clubs for general use.
Same here, if the Garmin turns out to be as good as its touted , my other chronys will be sold cheap over on the airgun forums, most of those guys won't spend 600 on a chrony.

Just plugged mine in. It reads it as a drive. The sessions are saved in the Shot_Sessions folder as .fit files. I believe that’s Garmin specific.
As an example, my last session is listed as 10-23-2023_07-28-46.fit
Thank you. So…do we know of any program that can easily open/import a *.fit file? There is some info on using FIT file viewer software or Garmin Sports Center, but I don’t think it’s nearly as straight forward as opening a LR csv file.

Thanks again.

Good find....but this is a java command line program...I don't keep java on my laptop. Can't remember all the details but I took java off for security reasons long ago and have no programs that require it so have not installed it again.

Now, I'm not a computer sci person, but that tool doesn't seem all that straightforward to my pea brain....emphasis on pea brain. LOL

Using FitCSVTool on Windows​

FitCSVTool.jar is a cross platform JAR (Java Archive) package file that can be used on most operating systems. To use FitCSVTool.jar on Windows the Oracle Java™ Runtime Environment 8 version 1.8.0 or higher, or equivalent Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK), should be installed.
To verify that a JRE or JDK is installed correctly, from the Command Prompt enter the following command.
java -version

If Java is properly installed, a message will be displayed showing the version of Java that is installed. With Java correctly installed, FitCSVTool can now be used. FitCSVTool can be used from the command line, through drag-n-drop, or by associating the .FIT file extension with FitCSVTool.

Command Line​

FitCSVTool is included in the FIT SDK as a JAR package file and is designed to be used from the command line using the following syntax.
java -jar FitCSVTool.jar <options> <file>

When using FitCSVTool from the command line, the path to the FitCSVTool.jar and the path to the FIT file to convert need to be provided.
To convert one of the sample FIT files included with the SDK to a .csv file, from a command prompt, navigate to the location where the FIT SDK is installed and enter the following command.
java -jar .\java\FitCSVTool.jar .\examples\Activity.fit

The output file activity.csv will be created in the \examples folder.
C:\FitSDK>java -jar .\java\FitCSVTool.jar .\examples\activity.fit
FIT CSV Tool - Protocol 2.0 Profile 21.22 Release
FIT binary file .\examples\activity.fit decoded to .\examples\activity*.csv files.

In this example, the path to the jar file located in the /java folder and the path to a FIT file located in the /examples folder are provided. The relative or absolute path can be used. This is straightforward when working with files located in the FIT SDK folder but if the files are elsewhere on the hard drive then entering the path to the files may be a challenge. One solution to this is to add the path to the FitCSVTool.jar to the CLASSPATH environment variable so that it can be referenced without having to specify the path.

Drag-n-Drop​

An easier way to use FitCSVTool is to use one of the five batch files included in the SDK. These files are located in the same folder as FitCSVTool.jar. Drag-n-drop a FIT file onto any of the batch files and the output .csv files will be created in the same folder as the source FIT file. Viewing any of the batch files in a text editor will show that the batch files are using the same command line interface discussed above, with some batch files using additional Command Line Arguments.
To convert one of the sample FIT files included with the SDK to a .csv file by drag-n-drop, drag any of the FIT files from the \examples folder onto FitToCSV.bat. The output .csv file will be created in the \examples folder. The file system takes care of passing the full path of the FIT file to the batch file.
The drag-n-drop method is easier to use than the command line interface but it may require the use of two File Explorer windows which is not always convenient. Adding a shortcut to the batch files on the desktop is one option to simplify this process.
The batch files can also be used from the command prompt using the syntax:
FitToCSV.bat <filename>

The batch files are intended to be used on Windows only. The Using FitCSVTool on OSX recipe covers how to use the FitToCSV tool on OSX.

Associating Files with the .FIT file extension with FitCSVTool​

A more convenient way to use FitCSVTool is to associate files with the .FIT file extension with the FitToCSV.bat file. This will allow for double clicking on any FIT file to convert it to a .csv file.
To associate FIT files with FitToCSV.bat, right click on any FIT file and choose Properties.
fitcsvtool_windows_explorer.png
Windows Explorer.
From the Properties dialog change the program that all files with the .FIT extension are opened with. Choose FitToCSV.bat or one of the other batch files depending on the requirements.
fitcsvtool_windows_file_properties.png
File properties.
Hit OK to apply the changes and close the Properties dialog box. Double clicking, or right clicking and choosing Open, on any FIT file will convert it to a .csv file. Make sure to unzip new versions of the FIT SDK to the same location to keep from having to update the file associations.

Received mine today and ran it alongside the BulletSeeker. Planned on running the MagnetoSpeed as well but it won't fit when using the Without Warning brake.

The Xero reads a bit faster than the BulletSeeker which I remember the MagnetoSpeed doing as well.

BulletSeekerXero
Avg 2668Avg 2676
SD 8SD 7.9

IMG_6146.jpeg

Shiiiit. Too many damn choices.
Leaning toward leaving RRS plate on the Xero and getting a cheap 1/4x20 Arca clamp for the Garmin Tripod.
Then getting a cheap Amazon nodal rail with ARCA/Pic rail one one end, ARCA alone on the other end. ARCA/Pic rail end for gun mount and the ARCA end for the Xero. This way I can quickly and easily mount to any config of short or tall tripod or gun mount.
My brain hurts

Last edited:
Has anyone gotta a shipping notification from 419 for their rails? Just curious, I'm assuming they got slammed.

Reactions: waveslayer
you mind posting the STL for the rail buffer?
Here you go, nothing fancy, this is 2mm thick on the bottom, so depending on your mounting screw you might want to thin it to 1mm. I don't know how much shock absorption 2mm of TPU will do, but doesn't hurt. There is a flat bottom one that prints easy, and I'm printing the locator tab version now. I'll post up a V2 when I make one, most likely going to kind of make a little more of a cradle. But a real CAD user will be along shortly with something good I am sure.

Attachments

• Xero Bumper V1 Flat.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Xero Bumper V1 Tabs.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 37

"Avoid extreme shock and harsh treatment, because it can degrade the life of the product."

I suppose time will tell how much recoil these little guys can take before getting wonky. It does have me thinking about a mount that would reduce the shock taken by the device though. Something similar, but perhaps more affordable and more tailored to recoil than vehicle vibration. Just thinkin out loud...

Mine came in today... I love the size of the unit! I followed Garmin's instructions in the book, plugged it into the computer, did the 3.11 update, and it won't read a damn thing. Just flashes a number "1" as if it read the shot crossing over it, but it did not show a speed.

Anyone else experienced this? 10 rounds of CCI SV through my Ruger SSH 3" 22/45 with the DA Mask, and it didn't read any shots. It detected that a shot was fired, just didn't show any velocity numbers. I had it selected pistol and 600-1700 FPS, and tried it anywhere from 5" up to 10-15" above the unit.

@Garmin , yall got any thoughts? The unit is obviously not bricked, as it works (unlike the other guy's that had the issue after updating), but it won't spit out any numbers after detecting that a shot was fired...

I’ve got it charging now (as seen in the pic).

IMG_2099.jpeg

Last edited:
May have missed the post but has anyone used the LR/Magneeto and Garmin at the same time for the same shot string to see if results were the same?

Nice!

Did you happen to compare to factory ammo and the numbers on the factory box?
From my tests and experiences, those rarely, to never lineup with reality. Those numbers were achieved under a certain set of parameters at the time of testing, and the odds of being able to duplicate those to get an exact number is pretty much impossible. This is why we use chronographs...To get our own numbers.

From 16lbs 9oz down to 10 oz. Lol.

View attachment 8255709

Mine came in today... I love the size of the unit! I followed Garmin's instructions in the book, plugged it into the computer, did the 3.11 update, and it won't read a damn thing. Just flashes a number "1" as if it read the shot crossing over it, but it did not show a speed.

Anyone else experienced this? 10 rounds of CCI SV through my Ruger SSH 3" 22/45 with the DA Mask, and it didn't read any shots. It detected that a shot was fired, just didn't show any velocity numbers. I had it selected pistol and 600-1700 FPS, and tried it anywhere from 5" up to 10-15" above the unit.

@Garmin , yall got any thoughts? The unit is obviously not bricked, as it works (unlike the other guy's that had the issue after updating), but it won't spit out any numbers after detecting that a shot was fired...

I’ve got it charging now (as seen in the pic).

View attachment 8255816

Have you tried doing a reset to factory defaults after the firmware update? I think the button combination is on page 14 of the manual.

You may also want to see if you can force another update via the PC app via USB if that doesn't get it working again.

Mine arrived today, I mounted it on one of my PCP air rifles and it worked great. About 5 shots in it asked me if I wanted to update to v3.11, I hit yes, and a couple minutes later it was back ready to go and taking readings.

It's so ridiculously small compared to the labradar you almost don't think it's a real functioning product, lol

You seem to run into technical problems a lot 😂

Have you tried doing a reset to factory defaults after the firmware update? I think the button combination is on page 14 of the manual.

You may also want to see if you can force another update via the PC app via USB if that doesn't get it working again.

Mine arrived today, I mounted it on one of my PCP air rifles and it worked great. About 5 shots in it asked me if I wanted to update to v3.11, I hit yes, and a couple minutes later it was back ready to go and taking readings.

It's so ridiculously small compared to the labradar you almost don't think it's a real functioning product, lol
I have not... But I'll give it a try... Thanks for the heads-up. The whole rest of the unit seems to be working fine, just not spitting out any numbers.

I never tried it before updating, just went straight to the Mac like the instructions said to do... Guess I should have not done the update. 🤦🏼

I reset it to factory settings, and went outside hoping it would change something, but it's still not reading. Anybody got a clue? Is it because it's a suppressed .22LR pistol? Can anyone else go shoot their .22LR pistol suppressed with CCI SV subs and see if it will pickup?

You seem to run into technical problems a lot 😂
Other than the Bulletseeker (which is known to be plagued with issues), what technical problems have I had, other than this? I'm just not having good luck with radar chronos for some reason...

Other than the Bulletseeker (which is known to be plagued with issues), what technical problems have I had, other than this? I'm just not having good luck with radar chronos for some reason...
I should have specified with consumer-grade radar chronographs. Sorry.

Reactions: FuhQ
So I got a little obsessed over figuring out @TheOE800 ’s problem of using an RRS lever clamp with the Area419 rail (which is sold out anyway).

So:
1) Buy the Atlas BT56 Arms 17s adapter and attach to the RRS clamp’s bottom
1698110516163.png

2) Buy one of three USA made rails
http://www.hejnarphotostore.com/product-p/a4-60.htm

https://kirkphoto.com/lens-mounting...ates/universal-multi-use-lens-plate-6-25.html

https://reallyrightstuff.com/multi-purpose-rail-1/
(The Kirk and RRS both have an anti-twist option that might come in handy…it’s not pictured on the RRS but comes with it. All three companies make other lengths too, and I’ve used all of their products. They’re good companies.)

3) Use the 1/4-20 on the rails above to secure the Garmin

Or, I suppose you could use any old piece of wood/metal/etc for the “rail”, or an Asian-made rail.

Anyway, there you go.

Reactions: TheOE800
So I got a little obsessed over figuring out @TheOE800 ’s problem of using an RRS lever clamp with the Area419 rail (which is sold out anyway).

So:
View attachment 8255878

https://kirkphoto.com/lens-mounting...ates/universal-multi-use-lens-plate-6-25.html

(The Kirk and RRS both have an anti-twist option that might come in handy…it’s not pictured on the RRS but comes with it. All three companies make other lengths too, and I’ve used all of their products. They’re good companies.)

Or, I suppose you could use any old piece of wood/metal/etc for the “rail”, or an Asian-made rail.

Anyway, there you go.

Yep, I was thinking I'd take one of my extra clamps for photography and attach it to a piece of hickory to screw with those that think you need something special. I could easily notch it on the table saw for anti twist too. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: carbonbased
I have not... But I'll give it a try... Thanks for the heads-up. The whole rest of the unit seems to be working fine, just not spitting out any numbers.

I never tried it before updating, just went straight to the Mac like the instructions said to do... Guess I should have not done the update. 🤦🏼

I reset it to factory settings, and went outside hoping it would change something, but it's still not reading. Anybody got a clue? Is it because it's a suppressed .22LR pistol? Can anyone else go shoot their .22LR pistol suppressed with CCI SV subs and see if it will pickup?
I just got mine today I played around with a Glock Airsoft pistol with it on the "Air Rifle" setting and it had no problem picking up the shots at 325 FPS. If it can do that surely it can pickup a suppressed .22 try putting it on the "Air Rifle" setting.

Yep, I was thinking I'd take one of my extra clamps for photography and attach it to a piece of hickory to screw with those that think you need something special. I could easily notch it on the table saw for anti twist too. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wood has way better vibration reduction properties than aluminum anyway! This is probably the way.

So:
View attachment 8255878

Anyway, there you go.
I was too embarrassed to post mine but I just stacked washers under my sc-arc and it connects fine and has good function until I get it machined to function. Now all I'm missing is the dang chrono.

Reactions: carbonbased
I just got mine today I played around with a Glock Airsoft pistol with it on the "Air Rifle" setting and it had no problem picking up the shots at 325 FPS. If it can do that surely it can pickup a suppressed .22 try putting it on the "Air Rifle" setting.
Tried that, too... No dice... It just won't spit out any numbers. The rest of the unit works just fine. But no readings.

Tried that, too... No dice... It just won't spit out any numbers. The rest of the unit works just fine. But no readings.
Wait…I’ve figured it out… @FuhQ, you…are…TRAVELING THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

Ok sorry man. One too many “theory of relativity” science documentaries lol

• Haha
Could it be that I was too close to the tree berm that I was shooting into? I was only 4-5 feet away from it. Is there a recommended distance to have an open space in front of the device?

I wouldn't think that shooting with a pistol that would really matter since it's designed to be shot over the top of the unit... But I could be completely wrong.

I guess I'll take it with me to the range this weekend and see if it will work with a wide-open area in front of me in front of the bench...

I did DM Garmin on here a little while ago, and if they send me a software update to reinstall the original software (previous to 3.11 update) I'll do that, and see if it will work.

I'm honestly wondering about the berm being too close at this point...Because the unit picks up a shot going over it, it just doesn't give a speed. Maybe I'm too close to the berm for the radar to read the shot...

Could it be that I was too close to the tree berm that I was shooting into? I was only 4-5 feet away from it. Is there a recommended distance to have an open space in front of the device?

I wouldn't think that shooting with a pistol that would really matter since it's designed to be shot over the top of the unit... But I could be completely wrong.

I guess I'll take it with me to the range this weekend and see if it will work with a wide-open area in front of me in front of the bench...

Very likely. Garmin says 20 yards minimum in the instructions. I had no issues with about 15 yards in front of the unit this afternoon testing it rail mounted on a PCP air rifle.

Very likely. Garmin says 20 yards minimum in the instructions.
I bet that's the issue. Well, we'll see this weekend. Hopefully that is the issue. It should be, as the rest of the unit functions fine after the update.

I did DM Garmin on here a little while ago, and if they send me a software update to reinstall the original software (previous to 3.11 update) I'll do that, and see if it will work.

I'm honestly wondering about the berm being too close at this point...Because the unit picks up a shot going over it, it just doesn't give a speed. Maybe I'm too close to the berm for the radar to read the shot...

Last edited:
Got mine Saturday night. Went out today, and unit ran great. Just amazed on the size. Love it, glad I sold my LR a couple of months ago.

Could it be that I was too close to the tree berm that I was shooting into? I was only 4-5 feet away from it.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect a doppler reading with interference that close. The return on the bullet is probably getting lost in the return from the berm.
I'm fortunate to have a couple of my own private ranges. The one at my house is a 100 yd range, with a path cut out through very thick woods, just wide enough to get a tractor and 6' Bush Hog down it. The Labradar will pick up .264, .30 and .338 cal bullets in that environment ok, but it often loses .223 in the return-clutter from the woods. If I take it to my wide-open 1625 yd range, it will pick up virtually anything. I think you are experiencing radar clutter from the berm.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 9.25.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 9.25.37 PM.png
    843.4 KB · Views: 68