• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Everything fits nicely into a Pelican 1060 Micro Case (charging cable under the tripod)

1698191985665.png

If this indeed is true a 20% discount ($120.00) is very enticing.
I have no experience with that vendor other than it was posted on gundeals which is usually legit from my experience. Wasn't even planning on getting one till sometime next year if the reviews stay positive till I saw that promotion.

Glad to hear the positive comments so far, fyi for those who don't mind waiting in exchange for a nice discount can pre order one from pewpewsolutions with discount code garmin.20 (apologize in advance if this is not allowed here):)
That price is very tempting. Any chance they will ship before the December date stated? Or is that pretty well locked in? Price for that wait is not a bad trade off

At least it’s within the chargeback period if they take the money and run. I know jack shit about that vendor. After reading stuff about Liberty Optics I’m hesitant about “pre orders” now.

Reactions: FuhQ
20% off is going to be getting within $30-$50 of direct cost with Garmin and $14 or so bucks of cost from a distributor. I’d have to personally know someone who will vouch for the vendor before I signed up for that (if I didn’t have one in hand, that is). Sounds too
Liberty Optics-ish for me.

20% off is going to be getting within $30-$50 of direct cost with Garmin and $14 or so bucks of cost from a distributor. I’d have to personally know someone who will vouch for the vendor before I signed up for that (if I didn’t have one in hand, that is). Sounds too
I used 10% mil discount at Cabela's. Then found 14 and 15% off gift cards on various discount gift cards sites. Couldn't find any high dollar gift cards so had to pay about $54 with a credit card but total was $510 all said and done with the gift cards.

That price is very tempting. Any chance they will ship before the December date stated? Or is that pretty well locked in? Price for that wait is not a bad trade off
I'd assume that's pretty solid, maybe even longer if they get swamped with orders but hopefully not and garmin is able to produce in larger quantities.
At least it’s within the chargeback period if they take the money and run. I know jack shit about that vendor. After reading stuff about Liberty Optics I’m hesitant about “pre orders” now.
That's exactly the way I look at it, it's easy enough to get the money back if it falls through. I did read one positive comment on this vendor so figured it was worth the risk.

I'd assume that's pretty solid, maybe even longer if they get swamped with orders but hopefully not and garmin is able to produce in larger quantities.
Ah, I responded in here as I thought you were the vendor.

I found their post on Reddit and asked them the same question in there.

How did you get it for $510 out the door? $150 in gift cards?
I used 10% mil discount at Cabela's. Then found 14% and 15% off gift cards on various discount gift cards sites. Couldn't find any high dollar gift cards so had to pay about $54 with a credit card but total was $510 all said and done with the gift cards.

Cabela's billed me $583.xx - I paid $54 of that with my credit card then bought the gift cards and used those on the transaction as well. With what I actually paid for the gift cards I was all in for $510. I will say it is kind of a roll of the dice for the Garmin right now with the inventory availability. But if you go this route make sure the site guarantees the gift cards for at least 60-90 days.

I also buy powder and bullets from Cabela's using this method. Also scored my 300 cases of Lapua brass this way from Cabelas before it disappeared from their site. Supposedly got the last 3 boxes in their inventory. I had 24% gift cards for the brass for a whooping 34% off total!

Here is the vendors 4 year old profile on Reddit, they were the one to post the deal.

Looks like they are an 07/02 out of Utah. So they are a legit firearms dealer, just wait and see if they deliver on this deal.

And looks like in this below link they have some feedback from customers that bought Garmin Watches a few weeks back and got product in hand at a good deal.

Last edited:
Glad to hear the positive comments so far, fyi for those who don't mind waiting in exchange for a nice discount can pre order one from pewpewsolutions with discount code garmin.20 (apologize in advance if this is not allowed here):)
Never heard of them.

Got mine today. @CSTactical once again got me my stuff as they said they would. They have more coming so I'd just holler at Richard if you want one.

Man this thing really is small! Wow, the level of improvement just from a pack and carry standpoint is amazing. Can't wait to go test it out. Nice piece of gear right here.

I have a MSv3 with a customized mount (mkm + my buddy putting in all larger set screws on the whole thing) so my chrono situation was pretty good and I'm going to keep that as a back up. The MS is not so easy to carry though if you have any kind of other mount because that makes the case not possible to carry by itself so you end up carrying the plastic case, with the MS on the mount carried separately. The Garmin is just going to make it all a ton easier.

Ya. It's such a big upgrade.....my backup is another Garmin. Everything else is relative junk overnight.
I’ve mentioned before I own both a LR and magneto. After using the Garmin in only one session it’s hard to justify or be a proponent of the other stuff. You’d have to be a hardcore fan boi to dismiss the Xero.

How do I know I won’t get Liberty Optics’d?
I posted a few above with some research on them here.

They look like an 07/02 out of Utah, have 4 years of posts on Reddit, and have some previous Garmin deals where customers posted positive feedback.

I decided to take the chance on the good deal and ordered at $490 shipped. I guess I will know in December if it was a good call or not.

I posted a few above with some research on them here.

They look like an 07/02 out of Utah, have 4 years of posts on Reddit, and have some previous Garmin deals where customers posted positive feedback.

I decided to take the chance on the good deal and ordered at $490 shipped. I guess I will know in December if it was a good call or not.
If you use PayPal and you have a credit card linked to PayPal, you should be like double protected from fraud. Also, the fact that you can even use PayPal tell me that they haven’t been reported for anything nefarious yet…. Yet..

Where are all the worshipers of the orange box now?
I sent my LR back three times, under warranty, and each time they told me they found the problem... Still has the same problem. I once used someone else's LR that they mistakenly sent me and had no problems. I asked for mine to be replaced twice, was refused.
I would expect no less from Garmin, everything I have ever owned of theirs was great..
Long story short I can't sell the LR and all the aftermarket triggers etc with a clear conscience, I hope the Garmin corners the market (already has).

Reactions: dworrel
Any chance the 419 clamp you took off will fit the other side? (Where the Xero is meant to fit)
Thinking this might work well for me:
View attachment 8256804

What would you be accomplishing with this? The 419 mount has a dovetail in the bottom so you can put the entire plate in a tripod or clamp to alleviate having to remove the garmin to using a mount or tripod.

What would you be accomplishing with this? The 419 mount has a dovetail in the bottom so you can put the entire plate in a tripod or clamp to alleviate having to remove the garmin to using a mount or tripod.
I’ve never liked 1/4” threads for tripod use or anything really. Back and forth between mini tripod, Area 419 mount and any of my larger Arca compatible tripods for pistols would be easier.
I have a small arca clamp to put on the mini Garmin tripod.

Last edited:
Is it the radar that caused testicular cancer in some cops when they left the radar gun on and placed it on their laps for long periods?

Here’s one source:

I don’t think it’s a big risk or anything to worry about at all! But don’t leave the Garmin (or any radar) on your balls all night long lolol
This is what was really happening...

Got the Garmin out to the range today and ran it side by side with the magneto speed. The Garmin is on average 7fps faster.

What are your experiences with speed differences?
Screenshot_20231025_010228_Gallery.jpg

This was not a crazy long string. I'm very happy with it, ran the pellet rifle. 177 cal every shot. Suppressed 22lr down to 740fps every shot.

Having seen all the pictures online I was still not ready for how small the unit actually is.
20231023_183514.jpg

Very impressed with the unit. I hope Garmin adds a function to the app to pull atmospherics for a tower through our to record it in the shot string. For myself that would be a big win. For now I'll add it in my notes.

A nice feature is you can edit the name of the shot string in the app up to 60 characters. Can add some load data, gun info, DA etc.

“Deviant 105 hyb, 29.4 H4895, -0.024, 3200rds, temp78, DA1024”

ZY

Reactions: Patty
Lab Radar and Magneto Speed going bankrupt in 3...2..1.

I love this little chronograph like everybody else I am surprised at the size of it is definitely smaller than I thought it would be my only complaint would be I wish the screen got a little brighter. Does anybody else notice that there’s hardly any difference between 75% brightness and 100% brightness?

Reactions: FuhQ
I’ve never liked 1/4” threads for tripod use or anything really. Back and forth between mini tripod, Area 419 mount and any of my larger Arca compatible tripods for pistols would be easier.
I have a small arca clamp to put on the mini Garmin tripod.

I’m still not following. If you screw the Garmin onto the proper place on the Area419 plate, you don’t have to take it off to mount that plate on anything.

You can put an arca clamp on the mini tripod that comes with the garmin, and if your tripods have an arca clamp……

Then you never take the garmin off the area419. You just clamp the entire plate into the arca clamp of which ever tripod you want.

Either way, the garmin itself is going to be attached to something via 1/4” threads.

Once I attach a garmin to the 419 plate, it never comes off the plate again, regardless which way I’m mounting it.

Hopped on the preorder from pewpewsolutions after seeing it on GunDeals. Looked up a bunch of reviews of them and see that they have been offering shooting classes for a couple of years now.

$489 was too tempting. I dont mind waiting until Dec or Jan to get it in hand

Reactions: AllenOne1
I’m still not following. If you screw the Garmin onto the proper place on the Area419 plate, you don’t have to take it off to mount that plate on anything.

You can put an arca clamp on the mini tripod that comes with the garmin, and if your tripods have an arca clamp……

Then you never take the garmin off the area419. You just clamp the entire plate into the arca clamp of which ever tripod you want.

Either way, the garmin itself is going to be attached to something via 1/4” threads.

Once I attach a garmin to the 419 plate, it never comes off the plate again, regardless which way I’m mounting it.

I am putting a minature acra on the bottom of my garmin as well.

A few reasons - I don't want a longer Nodal rail attached to it permanently - for storage, etc.

Second, I am getting a short riser that will allow me to raise the garmin about 3 inches off the Nodal rail to put it in a Heads Up position for certain platforms. I don't know if this will be super useful or not, but the idea is - when wanted needed, be able to use quick disconnect arca to add 3 inches and be able to peak with a very slight head movement and see the FPS without breaking position.

We'll see.

Reactions: mrtoyz
Has anyone formally confirmed that the Xero is ok to use on a rifle-mounted setup like the Area 419 plate?

Seems a bit risky to mount it on the rifle if the guts aren't designed specifically to handle rifle recoil, especially if moving up in calibers. I also wonder if it isn't explicitly stated as being ok to mount it on the rifle, if Garmin will honor warranty work if the internals get shaken apart.

Hopped on the preorder from pewpewsolutions after seeing it on GunDeals. Looked up a bunch of reviews of them and see that they have been offering shooting classes for a couple of years now.

$489 was too tempting. I dont mind waiting until Dec or Jan to get it in hand
Sounds like there are some issues with the pre order based on the amount of orders they received. Hope you get it in a timely manner.

Reactions: Maelstrom
Has anyone formally confirmed that the Xero is ok to use on a rifle-mounted setup like the Area 419 plate?

Seems a bit risky to mount it on the rifle if the guts aren't designed specifically to handle rifle recoil, especially if moving up in calibers. I also wonder if it isn't explicitly stated as being ok to mount it on the rifle, if Garmin will honor warranty work if the internals get shaken apart.
Definitely a concern. I have no need to mount it to the rifle but interested to see how the unit withstands recoil.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Manual apparently warns against shock. Probably a standard disclaimer, but who knows how well it will hold up to heavy caliber rife mounts.

I am guessing that we're all gonna find out. I am CERTAIN the folks that made rifle mounts for this as part of their early access program have cleared this setup... right? Right? I am sure the tapers touch.

We got ours something like July 6 and have shot almost exclusively with it rifle mounted (we made the first iteration of an arm within a couple days). Between us, some other early testers, and Garmin themselves, there have been a large number of rounds fired with rifle mount. They showed up to the grind with the thing on one of our arms for people to go use. We feel very comfortable with the units rifle-mounted. Now obviously someone could bolt one directly to a Barrett 82 and destroy it over time (just like you can wreck lots of optics in these situations) but this isn't a concern that we specifically have.

THAT SAID - Garmin has a large team of lawyers who overview every disclaimer opportunity possible and bake them into everything. Very similar to most rifles having a disclaimer that you can't use reloaded ammo. This is part of corporate America. They will ALWAYS make rules that are significantly more restrictive and then have the ability to relax them in real situations.

We got ours something like July 6 and have shot almost exclusively with it rifle mounted (we made the first iteration of an arm within a couple days). Between us, some other early testers, and Garmin themselves, there have been a large number of rounds fired with rifle mount. They showed up to the grind with the thing on one of our arms for people to go use. We feel very comfortable with the units rifle-mounted. Now obviously someone could bolt one directly to a Barrett 82 and destroy it over time (just like you can wreck lots of optics in these situations) but this isn't a concern that we specifically have.

THAT SAID - Garmin has a large team of lawyers who overview every disclaimer opportunity possible and bake them into everything. Very similar to most rifles having a disclaimer that you can't use reloaded ammo. This is part of corporate America. They will ALWAYS make rules that are significantly more restrictive and then have the ability to relax them in real situations.
Do you know if anyone from Garmin discussed internal design of the Xero being made to withstand recoil? Or it's more of a happy accident that it works?

I'm more curious than anything, since obviously the Magnetospeed is designed specifically to run mounted on the barrel, and I think we all know a Lab Radar wouldn't withstand recoil even if the behemoth could be mounted on the rifle hahaha.

I get what you are saying. Putting the 419 plate on the small Garmin tripod isn’t ideal and it makes storing a pain. The RRS adapter is small and makes things easier IMO.
Taking a device on an off the 1/4” threads is what I don’t like. This RRS adapter becomes permanent.