• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I've had the r10 for a year or so. It's exactly why I'm not interested in the zero. Hopefully tracking bullets is easier than golf balls, because the r10 doesn't work very well for me or the only other guy I know who has one. Sincerely, good luck with the new product from Garmin, I've not had luck with their golf equipment.

Hi, Mr. LabRadar. A little late to the sales game!

J/k. Maybe.

Hi, Mr. LabRadar. A little late to the sales game!

J/k. Maybe.
I've got no skin in the game. For what it's worth, immediately after buying my r10, I wondered why didn't they make a chronograph like the lab radar. Well, the zero shows that they were working on it.

And at face value, I think a shooting chronograph would be exponentially easier than a golf ball launch monitor. And the r10 isn't just a chronograph. It has to give ball speeds, launch angles, club head speeds, club head paths, etc. I'm not envious, I just have a sour taste in my mouth from the r10, s40, and the garmin golf app.

Operating temps state 14deg F on the low limit. Has anyone by any chance had it out in any colder weather? I don't shoot subzero temps often but I have on occasion. Wondering if it will still work. Manual says it will shut off if close to overheating but doesn't allude to anything on the cold limit.

Reactions: BurtG
Operating temps state 14deg F on the low limit. Has anyone by any chance had it out in any colder weather? I don't shoot subzero temps often but I have on occasion. Wondering if it will still work. Manual says it will shut off if close to overheating but doesn't allude to anything on the cold limit.
that might bc because of the display... LCD(?) don’t work well in low temps....

Reactions: SPAK
Anyone had issues with the unit not transferring data to the app? Mine worked fine yesterday. Transferred 5 strings. Today I shot 1 large string and it won't transfer the data. Says connected and synced. Even deleted the app and reinstalled. No deal

Is it wrong of me to use the LR tripod? 🤣

IMG_7238-3012351.jpg

20231027_062057.jpg
20231027_062224.jpg
20231027_062057.jpg20231027_062224.jpg
I use the Labradar quad pod. Works great on a bench or if shooting prone.

What id like to know is how bad labradar is hurting right now and if they will eventually go out of business? If they dont drop their price point to around $450 I dont see them even being able to compete with garmin....and at $450 their profit margin would have to be extremely lean.

I dont feel bad for them though they have had years to innovate and update both their hardware and software and they chose not to. Their app problems are just embarrassing.
Their customer service sucks as well. I had a LR I bought in January that the trigger jack was pushing back into the housing. Contacted LR for a warranty return and they informed me that I would have to pay for return shipping. I explained that it was for warranty repair and they told me that it didn't matter, they don't pay for return shipping on warranty returns.

What id like to know is how bad labradar is hurting right now and if they will eventually go out of business? If they dont drop their price point to around $450 I dont see them even being able to compete with garmin....and at $450 their profit margin would have to be extremely lean.

I dont feel bad for them though they have had years to innovate and update both their hardware and software and they chose not to. Their app problems are just embarrassing.

They have been making big boy radar systems since the 90’s. Labradar was just a consumer line of products they added to their portfolio. Which is likely why they didn’t seem to care a ton.

They might stop selling Labradar, but I doubt they are really noticing much overall even if sales of Labradar were zero.

Reactions: Baron23
I just got my first Xero ( a second will come later this month) , and going to test with an OCW test next thursday. I believe that if that works at my range were all the Labtarded-radars failed miserably, in all possible configs, then we really have the king of the hill. Can't wait. I'm ready with arca rail rifle attached thing (amazon based for now if that really works well ready for a419 or gray ops), oem tripod and RRS table top tripod options. Let ya know.

For you public range people. How’s it work when there’s multiple people shooting ?

No issues on our public range. A low overhead baffle system made LR have fits if it was not aimed within about 1 degree.

Xero had zero issues with baffle or adjacent shooters.

Reactions: Ryder276 and BurtG
No issues when I’ve been shooting with others close by. There are a few videos on YouTube where there are multiple shooters and the Xero did not record others shots. It will work correctly when there are multiple Xeros and Labradars in use at the same time.

At 2:51 into this video he mentions using the Xero at Gap Grind with other shooters on the line.

Reactions: amcardon
our overhead baffle system drove LR crazy no matter what. Trust from what I have heard here the Xero will not give a shit about those.

It’s wild how much better the software is in the Garmin that it is totally unfazed by situations that completely baffle the Labradar.

So when the Garmin detects a nearby shot but decides not to record it, is it still watching for your shot in those couple seconds?

What would make you think it detects it?
When the Xero detects a bullet, the screen will change. If the data is outside some parameter, the Xero will ignore the shot and not record it. There’s a video on YouTube that shows this. What the parameters are not explained.

When the Xero detects a bullet, the screen will change. If the data is outside some parameter, the Xero will ignore the shot and not record it. There’s a video on YouTube that shows this. What the parameters are not explained.
Ok, thanks. Haven't seen that yet.

So when the Garmin detects a nearby shot but decides not to record it, is it still watching for your shot in those couple seconds?
I believe it was said earlier in the thread that the Garmin is always on whereas the LR was triggered by the event of the shot.

I’ve shot in 25yard indoor pistol bays (8 shooter bays w 4 ppl shooting...ok they weren’t right next to me) wo issues.

In a 100 yard indoor rifle bay, 5 shooters shooting the Xero only registered my shots...yes it picked up other shooters shooting but it only read and recorded my shots. Not sure if there was an instance where both the guy next to me and I shot at the same time tho...might be worth trying on purpose w a command fire 😬

It isn't even like Garmin was planning on taking over this market segment, they just hit the suite spot in terms of size/utility/cost. Now the real question is buy a used LR for $300 or hold out for the Garmin.

It isn't even like Garmin was planning on taking over this market segment, they just hit the suite spot in terms of size/utility/cost. Now the real question is buy a used LR for $300 or hold out for the Garmin.

Save some money to get something that barely works or spend a little extra for a product that works as intended near flawlessly, doesn’t seem like much of a consideration to me.

I don't think holding out a few weeks or even a month or so is terrible when you get a superior product :)

Just more info... Was out shooting down a cluttered tree line in an orchard yesterday with 2x .17HMRs on either side of the Garmin... Just plunked it down on the table between two shooters and it didn't miss a single shot.

Even with careful aiming and a clear down range environment I often had problems getting my labradar to read the .17hmr reliably. The Garmin just works.

While I often regret being an early adopter of things, I'm glad I decided to jump in on the Garmin early and sell my labradar before you can only get $250 for them, lol

Reactions: fanninland
Once it starts "thinking" I don't believe you can get it to pick up a shot until it makes up is mind
Same as trying to rapid fire. It won't pick up the next until it computes the first completely
At this moment I'd say it's flat out dumb to buy a LR knowing about the garmin... it's that much simpler and just works.
I'm not going to say it's worth it to "upgrade" if you already have a working LR set up, but it's worth the 200 extra bucks on my opinion. YMMV of course...

Anybody had trouble not picking up shots from a grassy surface? Off picnic table worked fine with cross bow but on slightly tall grass missed the last four rifle shots and 2 out 6 shots a couple of days ago. Slightly uneven terrain.

It may be shown in this video.

Thanks! That definitely shows it very well at 11:15. Second shooter, well within range, shot right at the end of it "thinking" about the first shot and it didn't pick it up. Pretty definitive. Technically it doesn't show what would happen if it decided to reject the shot during that time, but I think we see enough insight into how it operates to assume that it wouldn't be reading a second shot placed during that time.

Either way, it seems to be smart enough for that not to be a problem. It's not often someone is closer than 2 feet to you shooting let alone on both sides of you.

I want to give a "Thank You" to @Tyranny Not Allowed. I got my Xero C1 Pro 5 days before promised. Eric is a good guy that kept me informed on where I was in the order que.
If you guys are still looking, as of this morning I think he still had 3 in stock.

Later
Ray

I also ordered from tnaguns.com and had the same experience, great guy to deal with.

Reactions: SoCalRayJr
I also ordered one from tnagins late last night and already have a tracking number.
Seems like an awesome company to do business with.

Another 45 from our pre-orders finally came in and is going straight out today :) We are now past 50% of our 100 pre-orders and will be past 60% tomorrow. We appreciate your patience. -Richard

View attachment 8271179

Another shipment going out today and another on the way to us :)
We will be nearly complete with the November pre-orders and will open up the December (possibly come in earlier) pre-orders sometime next week.

Well we will have the first hundred pre-orders filled by next week, we will be opening up pre-orders again for the late November and December shipments :)

Last edited: