• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Well we have the first hundred pre-orders filled next week, we will be opening up pre-orders again for the late November and December shipments :)
@Glassaholic looks like you get a 2nd chance at the free rifle and ZCO package

Just received mine in today from scheels...I know its been said many times but these things are tiny!
Also ordered one of these from Amazon as another option to the area 419 mount...anyone else try this yet?
Screenshot_20231114-152215_Gallery.jpg

Just received mine in today from scheels...I know its been said many times but these things are tiny!
Also ordered one of these from Amazon as another option to the area 419 mount...anyone else try this yet?View attachment 8272303
Yes, many many people are using Nodal Slides.

The botique offerings are just nodal slides as well. With bigger price tags, that are cut specifically for the Xero.

Ordered one of these from Scheels this morning and received a shipping confirmation. Just checked and they are still showing in stock.

I picked up one of these cases on amazon for 22 bucks. Worked out pretty well. I wanted a taller tripod and more sturdy so needed a larger case. It is a hard shell case, but is lightweight. Foam is easily cut for different mods to it.

Attachments

• IMG_6897.jpeg
    IMG_6897.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6896.jpeg
    IMG_6896.jpeg
    640.8 KB · Views: 116
Anybody had trouble not picking up shots from a grassy surface? Off picnic table worked fine with cross bow but on slightly tall grass missed the last four rifle shots and 2 out 6 shots a couple of days ago. Slightly uneven terrain.
You might need to go with a taller tripod to get the Xero up out of the grass. OR... if it's not a height issue, but a canting issue on uneven terrain, you might need a ballhead to allow you to level the chrono.

Oh my God this thing is awesome.
I just took 11 shots with my .177 air rifle.. and it picked up every single one.
I am extremely happy that I got rid of my lab radar months ago... And reinvested in the Garmin
Nov_15_2023_12_10_53.jpg

Reactions: AmmoFort and vh20
Am expecting mine today. Am sure the info am looking for is on this thread but hopefully someone can give me a shortcut. Is the Xero ready to put the box or does it need to be updated? Do you you through the app to do software updates and such?

I wonder what accounts for the SD of 10 with an air rifle? Presumably the spring imparts almost the exact same eneregy with each shot....so, variation in projectile weight and form?

Am expecting mine today. Am sure the info am looking for is on this thread but hopefully someone can give me a shortcut. Is the Xero ready to put the box or does it need to be updated? Do you you through the app to do software updates and such?
Once you connect the unit to your phone, it will update the software automatically.

• Love
Reactions: Islas82
I did mine through my computer. Was super easy. Downloaded the app (from Garmin site) for Garmin devices on computer and it recognized the unit. Automatically registered it and updated it - super easy. Very simple instructions on the page. I have not connected it to my phone yet.

Reactions: Islas82
Oh my God this thing is awesome.
I just took 11 shots with my .177 air rifle.. and it picked up every single one.
I am extremely happy that I got rid of my lab radar months ago... And reinvested in the Garmin
View attachment 8272901

I’ll see your pellet gun and raise you a CO2 airsoft pistol.

IMG_8026.jpeg

I wanted to demonstrate it to a buddy and since yard pops are generally frowned upon in a suburban neighborhood we went with the airsoft pistol as an alternative. Only missed two shots that my brother took while it was resetting between shots.

I’ll see your pellet gun and raise you a CO2 airsoft pistol.

View attachment 8272969

I wanted to demonstrate it to a buddy and since yard pops are generally frowned upon in a suburban neighborhood we went with the airsoft pistol as an alternative. Only missed two shots that my brother took while it was resetting between shots.
Screenshot_20231115_144827_ShotView.jpg
Slingshot. The first two shots were not full power, testing lower limits. The last 3 were full power. SD 0.3fps!!

I'm hoping mine is not as fragile as an old lady's hip and like the Labradar, so that I don't need to protect it in a Pelican and I can just put it in a soft case in my range bag or rifle case. Mine's coming tomorrow from @CSTactical

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CSTactical
I'm hoping mine is not as fragile as an old lady's him and like the Labradar, so that I don't need to protect it in a Pelican and I can just put it in a soft case in my range bag or rifle case. Mine's coming tomorrow from @CSTactical
Yea, you don't need a pelican. A soft case to protect it from scratches and such.

I throw it in my range bag along like that just like my range finder, kestrel, etc. They aren't cheap, but they aren't all that sensitive and if I put everything in pelican my load out would be unmanagable.

Heck my phone is worth 3xs the xero and I throw that thing around all day every day and it's much more fragile. But again, a pelican is a pain in the ass. I need to use the these things.

This is the giant pelican case I can now retire that I had used for my lab radar ever since I heard the horror stories of them from low light being blown off a bench landing on the ground and getting destroyed.

So happy to retire that clunky old dinosaur and vent my pent up
IMG_5136.jpeg
frustrations with the device and all of its shortcomings

This is the giant pelican case I can now retire that I had used for my lab radar ever since I heard the horror stories of them from low light being blown off a bench landing on the ground and getting destroyed.

So happy to retire that clunky old dinosaur and vent my pent up View attachment 8273254frustrations with the device and all of its shortcomings
Is that sledgehammer for venting onto the case?

• Haha
Reactions: giumau1
haha if I had the balls, Ida made a video of me smashing the Labradar, but I sold it for $370 locally. (Sledge is for pounding in t-posts for MKMachining t-post mounts/targets.)

I will note that $370 plus the $225 I'm hoping to get for my V3 magnet will almost pay for the Garmin.

Well shit!! I literally believed what Garmin had to say. So I went with it. I put a piece of Velcro for extra security. It even fit my powerbank that I used with that fuckin orange peel. I didn’t know everyone is goin hardcore pelican. Oh well, it just getting thrown in the range bag anyways. At least I dont have to carry extra luggage now (LR).. 😂
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg

Reactions: Modoc
At 7:14 and 9:25 in this video, the Xero is knocked off the shooting bench by the muzzle blast. It still recorded the velocity of the bullet.

Seems that Garmin has the Xero ruggedized.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Last weekend when I was shooting I noticed my Xero jump around due to recoil from my gun shaking the bench so I tested something yesterday. There was enough recoil that it would re-orient my Xero a few degrees. I put one Xero on the bench and the other Xero off the bench. Happy to report that both Xero's reported close enough MV's that it is a non-factor.

-Bench Xero AR10 with suppressor: 2605.9 fps
-Off-the-bench Xero AR10 with suppressor: 2606.4 fps

-Bench Xero AR10 with flash hider: 2616.5 fps
-Off-the-bench Xero AR10 with flash hider: 2616.2 fps

Attachments

• 20231115_155411.jpg
    20231115_155411.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 43
I'm just glad I was able to get $500 and a free range trip out of my labradar. Still lost $120 on the darn thing but hey pretty soon they will be worth maybe $350 used.

Last weekend when I was shooting I noticed my Xero jump around due to recoil from my gun shaking the bench so I tested something yesterday. There was enough recoil that it would re-orient my Xero a few degrees. I put one Xero on the bench and the other Xero off the bench. Happy to report that both Xero's reported close enough MV's that it is a non-factor.

-Bench Xero AR10 with suppressor: 2605.9 fps
-Off-the-bench Xero AR10 with suppressor: 2606.4 fps

-Bench Xero AR10 with flash hider: 2616.5 fps
-Off-the-bench Xero AR10 with flash hider: 2616.2 fps
Same rifle? I thought everyone always says supressors give you more speed? Guess that doesn't hold true

Anyone noticed any unusual effects of being farther than 15 inches back (outside of the recommended alignment window) from the muzzle using a nodal slide?

Same rifle? I thought everyone always says supressors give you more speed? Guess that doesn't hold true
Yes same piston driven AR10 used to gather data. I am 96% sure I didn't mess it up on which string had flash hider vs suppressor. 😅

I keep seeing these are slower than Magnetospeed and Labradar, is that the case?

I only use a chronograph to get balistics for hunting, does 10ft per second really matter?

10 is not a big deal. My Xero and LR were within 2fps of each other most of the time and the V3 was 7 to 12 fps faster. The Xero and LR also claim a better accuracy %. But 10 fps is not a big deal for anything inside 1k. That said, I still always true at 600.

I keep seeing these are slower than Magnetospeed and Labradar, is that the case?

I only use a chronograph to get balistics for hunting, does 10ft per second really matter?
Magnetospeed v3, 10 shot average: 2586
Garmin 8 shot average: 2592

Reactions: Halcyonhal
Sold my barely used V3 today for $225. That's exactly 50% off MSRP

Sold my (ex condition in original box) LR last week (no accessories) for $370. That's exactly 40% off MSRP (before the recent discount).

I don't think MS and LR will be competitive w GX until V3 new is $299 and LR is $399.

Reactions: tomcatfan
Not that it’s news to anyone at this point, but the xero is awesome.
Been running it for Archery, air rifles, Blackpowder, pistols and rifles and it just plain works. No muss no fuss.
I avoided upgrading my old pos chrony for 2 years waiting for a better system and this is it.

Reactions: Ironcreek
Has anyone used the Garmin on a range where they have a baffle box on each station on the range?

This thing is everything they say it is. Nice and compact and so easy to use. Me and my friend tested 2 units at different placement and there was very lil difference. Pretty awesome.
IMG_5097.jpeg
IMG_5096.jpeg

Reactions: CSTactical
For you public range people. How’s it work when there’s multiple people shooting ?

I tested mine outdoors with 5 other people on a firing line. I had 8-10' to the people on either side of me, I was shooting suppressed.

The garmin picked up only my shots, and every one of them. Super impressed.

Reactions: BurtG