• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

If that's the case, then I'd go with the $80 QD mount, since it's the specialized part made to fit the XERO, and just pickup a small ARCA pic rail for your ball head on your tripod and call it a day. I didn't have any of that type of stuff laying in the scrap parts bins, or I would have tried to piece something together, as well.
Is the $80 Garmin clamp also Arca clamp compatible? Shouldn’t need a pic rail for the tripod.

Reactions: FuhQ
Is the $80 Garmin clamp also Arca clamp compatible? Shouldn’t need a pic rail for the tripod.
Yes... I didn't even notice before, but the feet of the $80 adapter are machined for ARCA! Good question, that led me to discovering something new.

So, yes, you are correct, you just need a tripod with an ARCA ball, and the $80 mount, and you can run it in an ARCA mount, as well as on a pic rail.

IMG_2793.jpeg
IMG_2795.jpeg
IMG_2794.jpeg

Just an FYI. When you export a .csv file from the app the name of the exported file is in Unix Epoch. You can google a simple translator to find the date and time of the number.

Anyone figure out a way to export multiple sessions at one time? Its about my only complaint at this time.

Last edited:
They cover all the mounting options in this video.

The only improvement that I would make to a mounting system that uses a arm/NODAL plate would be to use a clamp that is both ARCA and Picatinny compatible. But there are only 2 that I know of that make the 17s pattern mounts that are both ARCA and Picatinny compatible.

I'm leaning towards purchasing just the Garmin mount, the Arm and one of these clamps.

RRS BTC-Pro Bipod Clamp
1700401931683.png

FANAUE Quick Release Lever-Release Gun Clamp Arca Swiss RRS Rifle Saddle Mount Dovetail to Picatinny Adapter
1700402029385.png

Reactions: Rocketvapor

The only improvement that I would make to a mounting system that uses a arm/NODAL plate would be to use a clamp that is both ARCA and Picatinny compatible. But there are only 2 that I know of that make the 17s pattern mounts that are both ARCA and Picatinny compatible.

I'm leaning towards purchasing just the Garmin mount, the Arm and one of these clamps.

RRS BTC-Pro Bipod Clamp
View attachment 8275789

FANAUE Quick Release Lever-Release Gun Clamp Arca Swiss RRS Rifle Saddle Mount Dovetail to Picatinny Adapter
View attachment 8275791

That’s what I did. Screw type clamp cause who needs lever relea$e

I have a question for the group.
Would there be any interest in a precut vinyl screen protector for the Garmin Xero C1?
My wife designed and made me 2 with some scrap material that she had laying around, but this one does not stick well.
She is ordering other clear material to make a couple more, looks like she ordered shiny clear and mat clear see what looks the best
I will post a picture of the protectors but they are clear..see if they show up.

Updated the pictures
Showing the card stock test template that she made..easier to see how it fits.

Thanks
Ray

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_141632929~2.jpg
    IMG_20231119_141632929~2.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20231120_080823483.jpg
    IMG_20231120_080823483.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20231120_080837590.jpg
    IMG_20231120_080837590.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Would there be any interest in a precut vinyl screen protector for the Garmin Xero C1?
She designed and made me 2 with some scrap that she had around, and this one does not stick well.
She is ordering other clear material to make a couple more..
I will post a picture of the protectors but they are clear..see if they show up.

Thanks
Ray
Absolutely! That's why I haven't pulled the factory plastic off mine yet. I was either going to order material online and cut it to fit, or wait until someone started making them.

Reactions: Conaso and lash

RRS BTC-Pro Bipod Clamp
View attachment 8275789

View attachment 8275791

IMG_6201.jpeg

Just an FYI. When you export a .csv file from the app the name of the exported file is in Unix Epoch. You can google a simple translator to find the date and time of the number.

Anyone figure out a way to export multiple sessions at one time? Its about my only complaint at this time.

I have not and also have that as my only real complaint. It was real fast and easy to set up a ton of sessions to do ladder testing, but then having to export every session manually negated the reason I separated them for in the first place. Since it's just software issues, it will hopefully get resolved. My hopes are low though.

I did try connecting it to my PC to see if I can drag them all off that way, but they were stored in strange file types.

It would be interesting to see the velocity difference (if any) from a 5" setback from muzzle at 2 different offsets, like 5" and 15" horizontal. Would take 2 Xeros to record the SAME shots.
This thing is much better than the SD and ES of my reloads so unless some one shows up at the range with another one I can't evaluate any beam intercept errors.

Couple shots with one @ 5" horizontal offset, the other @ 15" offset, then flip and shoot a couple more shots.
I guess there are some youtube videos posted showing this. I'll look around.

Last edited:
She designed and made me 2 with some scrap that she had around, and this one does not stick well.
She is ordering other clear material to make a couple more..

Thanks
Ray
Why not also for the back? My LR back is black smoked by all the brake blasts it got, through all the unsuccessful attempts to make it pick up shots in damn OCW or, even worse, Satterlee tests. The Xero works even if not exposed directly to the blast but the dwarf deserves some care...

I decided to leave the epoch for reference and then add <gun nickname><ammodata> to the file name, where if it's handloaded ammo "ammodata" is <bullet><powder><powder weight/range><brass><primer> it gets a little long, but helps finding stuff later. A little input fields in the app setup could drive this if need be.

Reactions: Wall_Element
It would be interesting to see the velocity difference (if any) from a 5" setback from muzzle at 2 different offsets, like 5" and 15" horizontal. Would take 2 Xeros to record the SAME shots.
This thing is much better than the SD and ES of my reloads so unless some one shows up at the range with another one I can't evaluate any beam intercept errors.

Couple shots with one @ 5" horizontal offset, the other @ 15" offset, then flip and shoot a couple more shots.
I guess there are some youtube videos posted showing this. I'll look around.
I posted one several pages back where I tried to cover different locations

I got more testing I'm doing this week with rail mounted vs table

Why not also for the back? My LR back is black smoked by all the brake blasts it got, through all the unsuccessful attempts to make it pick up shots in damn OCW or, even worse, Satterlee tests. The Xero works even if not exposed directly to the blast but the dwarf deserves some care...
Good idea....will look at that also.
Now to convince my wife to do it.

Reactions: giumau1
All testing so far has shown that it is not necessary to have the Garmin exposed to muzzle break blast, so just don’t do it!

Would be common sense anyway….

Reactions: giumau1 and vh20
Impressed at how well it picked up 22 LR at various positions.
The LR gives readings at multiple ranges (22LR somewhat limited range) but the Xero gives a reading when the bullet intercepts the radar beam. No audio or shock needed. Single velocity reading though.
Thanks again for the test video.

Reactions: Schütze
I would be concerned anything on the back might interfere with the return signal for the radar. It might not, but I'd sure test it before committing. As @Schütze said, no reason to expose it to muzzle blast anyway. It doesn't have to be up there to run.

My wife designed and made me 2 with some scrap material that she had laying around, but this one does not stick well.
She is ordering other clear material to make a couple more, looks like she ordered shiny clear and mat clear see what looks the best

Updated the pictures

Thanks
Ray
Updated Pictures
Easier to see what the screen protector will look like.

Thanks

So it seems the Area 419 bracket is popular. What I can't seem to find are any dimensions with regard to how it positions the Xero C1. Can anyone provide the info?

Updated the pictures

Thanks
Ray
Do these darken the screen or anything like that? They aren't the brightest screen as is so, just wondering about that. How many would come in a set and how much would they be?

Do these darken the screen or anything like that? They aren't the brightest screen as is so, just wondering about that. How many would come in a set and how much would they be?
Those are really good questions.

Darken the screen? Waiting for the new material that my wife ordered to give a valid answer on how much they darked the display...the not very sticky test protector did not darken the screen at all but would not stick well.

How many would come in a set? Thinking 2 screen protectors to a set.

How much would they be? It would depend of the price of the material, but I would guess no more the $5-$6 shipped

Hope this helps

Those are really good questions.

Darken the screen? Waiting for the new material that my wife ordered to give a valid answer on how much they darked the display...the not very sticky test protector did not darken the screen at all but would not stick well.

How many would come in a set? Thinking 2 screen protectors to a set.

How much would they be? It would depend of the price of the material, but I would guess no more the $5-$6 shipped

Hope this helps
That sounds great to me. Let us know about the screen darkness thing and post em in the px. I'd love to have some if they don't darken the screen. That's the only improvement I'd like for this awesome unit. The screen or backlight could stand to be a little brighter.

Another 45 from our pre-orders finally came in and is going straight out today :) We are now past 50% of our 100 pre-orders and will be past 60% tomorrow. We appreciate your patience. -Richard

View attachment 8271179

Looks like another 50 shipping in soon!!! If you want one, get in on a pre-order as we have available units left on the next 50 shipping in at any time to us as I just checked and they are preparing to ship 🤩

Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph $599.99

https://cstactical.com/garmin-xero-c1-pro-chronograph/

Reactions: Terry Cross
I decided to leave the epoch for reference and then add <gun nickname><ammodata> to the file name, where if it's handloaded ammo "ammodata" is <bullet><powder><powder weight/range><brass><primer> it gets a little long, but helps finding stuff later. A little input fields in the app setup could drive this if need be.

Hopefully Garmin gets an update out soon. I use Gordons Reloading Tool to keep track of all my shot data. I had to do a couple steps to get the data into GRT. It was a bit cumbersome so I made an Excel macro (its on the GRT discord page) that converts the file for me and also converts the Epoch name to UTC which is more helpful to me. Have a look if you are interested.

So it seems the Area 419 bracket is popular. What I can't seem to find are any dimensions with regard to how it positions the Xero C1. Can anyone provide the info?
I estimated there was about 1.25" from the edge of their arca clamp to the edge of the Garmin unit. I made my own arm out of a piece of aluminum flat bar and an Amazon Arca clamp I had around. I was to impatient to wait

Made my $8 Amazon case all tactical and stuff because I was bored. Then remembered I 3d print all kinds of stuff, so making a TPU Xero insert for the $30 magpul DAKA small organizer case I just ordered, because I can’t just leave well enough alone.

Also printed up a Xero anti-concussion device printing out in TPU right now to replace the mock-up on my Amazon rail. Those corners have the slightest bit of curve I didn’t account for on my first try.
Can you share the stl?

Reactions: Rover31
Hopefully Garmin gets an update out soon. I use Gordons Reloading Tool to keep track of all my shot data. I had to do a couple steps to get the data into GRT. It was a bit cumbersome so I made an Excel macro (its on the GRT discord page) that converts the file for me and also converts the Epoch name to UTC which is more helpful to me. Have a look if you are interested.
Hope this helps.

Over the weekend we had a mixture of customer rifles' needing zeros and rifles we finished building that needed testing. Just for shiggles we had a Garmin sitting next to them when shooting.

Nothing new to report......the thing just flat out works every single time.

Over the weekend we had a mixture of customer rifles' needing zeros and rifles we finished building that needed testing. Just for shiggles we had a Garmin sitting next to them when shooting.

Nothing new to report......the thing just flat out works every single time.
Same here last Saturday, works perfectly for 22lr and center fire.

Currently in stock at BassPro/Cabelas website. Vets get 10% discount. (Wed Nov22 06:54)
Xero C1
Yup, Scheels took my order last week and cancelled it 3 days later...Ordered from Cabelas Sunday and got it today..Gonna play tomorrow
if the wife doesn't get pissed me not watching her in the kitchen cooking the turkey LOL
Happy Thanksgiving-Cheers

I’d assume not a direct sale on the Xero but if somewhere allows you to use a 10% off or whatever on their entire website maybe
I can’t find anywhere.

Bass pro can’t even find on the store same with cabelas.

Scheels has 7% cash back offer.

Since MDT sale was a bust might as well buy something else I don’t need. Looking for a deal.

I can’t find anywhere.

Bass pro can’t even find on the store same with cabelas.

Scheels has 7% cash back offer.

Since MDT sale was a bust might as well buy something else I don’t need. Looking for a deal.
Yeah that mdt one was terrible compared to years past. I don’t blame ya, but problem is no one has them instock even if they did have a sale.

Yeah that mdt one was terrible compared to years past. I don’t blame ya, but problem is no one has them instock even if they did have a sale.
Impact data books has them. I posted a link on the last page.

Reactions: jetjock07