• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Only thing I think I'd like to see added is the shot count in the "session summary" screen.

View attachment 8289169
As straightshooter1 stated, the number of shots is shown in the phone app.

1701802893381.png

I would line to see each session numbered as done on my Labradar and Magnetospeed. I often will take notes in my shooting log and review at the end of the day. Would be nice to just jot down which series in my notes is being referenced if I had questions later.

Yea, the number of shots is listed in several places.

I'm specifically speaking about one screen. Nothing major. Would just like to see it added as a data field as that screen shows most everything else about that string of fire.
I was thinking the same thing last weekend when I was doing some data collection. The app on my phone logged me out and I couldn't remember my password and there's no cell signal at my range to reset it, so I resorted to going to the summary screen and snapping a pic with the lot number for some 22lr data collection I was doing. It's easy to get some low SDs when there's only 5 round groups vs 10... Granted I was able to go in after I got home to see which group had 5 vs 10 but it would just be nice to put it there on that screen.

Attachments

• PXL_20231202_211916193.jpg
    PXL_20231202_211916193.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20231202_212152431.jpg
    PXL_20231202_212152431.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: jonny5isalive
Yea, the number of shots is listed in several places.

I'm specifically speaking about one screen. Nothing major. Would just like to see it added as a data field as that screen shows most everything else about that string of fire.
That's a great idea! Hey Garmin...if you're listening...Add Round Count to Session Summary page.

Reactions: Holliday
My Garmin Xero was waiting at home for me when I got there. Reading through the owners manual and Quick Start Guide, there is no mention of being able to link to the app on different devices. Is this doable, will it cause problems? Considering my phone and tablet.

Reactions: kerjo
Used my Xero for the first time yesterday... All I can say is WOW! The Xero is brilliant. Easy to use, and easy to set up. I stood behind my dad holding the Xero while he shoot ten shots standing. I recorded every shot.

Coming from the LabRadar, it's a huge improvement. The LR worked but was finicky and fussy. The Xero is simple and easy.

Reactions: BurtG
Got mine from GAP during their black friday sale (thanks for the great deal) and used it last weekend. Honestly this has to be one of the coolest pieces of tech that I've used in a long time. So incredibly simple to use. I'm really excited to see if/how the UI changes over time in the app and the device itself as it gets use and feedback from users gets to Garmin.

Even helped a couple random guys at the range get some data. Set it down next to them, let them shoot, then just had them type their cell # in and texted them the CSV file.

I would love to see Garmin make something to compete with Kestrels.

Got an email from the vendor that their first shipment of Xero's is still on time. Likely the 8th. Pretty pumped to get this for the coupon price they had.
I got in on the same deal. I was in no hurry but I’m going to take some time off the week before Christmas and plan to do some shooting. It would be really nice to have by then.

My Garmin Xero was waiting at home for me when I got there. Reading through the owners manual and Quick Start Guide, there is no mention of being able to link to the app on different devices. Is this doable, will it cause problems? Considering my phone and tablet.
In addition to my iphone I connected my iPad to the xero today. Unfortunately it doesn't sync the data that is in both the xero and my phone.

I tried everything.

• Sad
Reactions: Modoc
In addition to my iphone I connected my iPad to the xero today. Unfortunately it doesn't sync the data that is in both the xero and my phone.

I tried everything.
Here’s to hoping for an update…. Not holding my breath though. Hoping to get out tomorrow to put the Garmin through its paces.

My first session this morning. CZ457 .22 caliber suppressed with Wolf Match Extra ammunition. One shot out of 20 was dropped. Looking at the time recorded I think it would have been the 3rd shot. The Xero is a pretty neat tool. So easy to set up and use.

These new units look amazing! Definitely on my wish-list. My ol magneto-speed may be living on borrowed time!

Last edited:
WOW! Nice rifle!!
Thanks! She’s an oldie but a goodie😁. Marlin ‘39 built in the 1920’s. Came home with a second place AA shooter with 41/60 hits. Missed getting a 15 Pig by an inch. Hit the Silhouette but only turned it instead of making it fall. 2 minute string with 60 seconds between each string, 3 per yardage. No problem with transferring the chronograph between positions. No other shooters shot recorded. And plenty of battery left at the end of the match.

Curious if pewpewsolutions came through for those that ordered from them? I recalled some questioning their legitimacy.

Reactions: Pew Pew Solutions
I bought a Garmin Chrony from them when they had them discounted by $120. Placed the order on the 25th of Oct. They immediately billed my CC and I waited. Contacted them a couple of weeks later after no shipment and was told that it would be the first of Dec before they would ship. Then it became the last of Dec. or possibly January.
Contacted Josh today and he said I was way down in the que for delivery and I asked about the original date of the first part of Dec. and got the "I'm working as fast as I can". BTW, this was all email jibber jabber.

He apparently didn't like my demeanor cause he unilaterally cancelled my order.

So while I have no emperical data to question the business's legitimacy, I am a bit miffed because I could have bought one 6 weeks ago and avoided the hassle.
Draw your own conclusions.

I bought a Garmin Chrony from them when they had them discounted by $120. Placed the order on the 25th of Oct. They immediately billed my CC and I waited. Contacted them a couple of weeks later after no shipment and was told that it would be the first of Dec before they would ship. Then it became the last of Dec. or possibly January.
Contacted Josh today and he said I was way down in the que for delivery and I asked about the original date of the first part of Dec. and got the "I'm working as fast as I can". BTW, this was all email jibber jabber.

He apparently didn't like my demeanor cause he unilaterally cancelled my order.

So while I have no emperical data to question the business's legitimacy, I am a bit miffed because I could have bought one 6 weeks ago and avoided the hassle.
Draw your own conclusions.
I was pissed I missed out on his discount code - thanks for making me feel better!

That’s unfortunate. I’ve seen this shit before. When a new product comes out and the interest is high, bunch of stores pop up all of a sudden. I have zero knowledge of pewpew whatever but that sucks. Again I have zero knowledge of this store or how long they’ve been around. At this point F preorders.

Skogans has them in stock. I bought one from a SH retailer that said they had some inbound. Overnight it became middle of January after I paid.

Reactions: Capt45
Looks like Garmin released a software update on Saturday or Sunday. I've updated mine without any issues.

I could not find any documentation about what changes the update made. Nor have I been able to see any changes when cycling threw the various menus.

Reactions: msgriff
Already got one ordered. BTW, you lied about refunding my money. CC doesn't show a credit.
I supose it'll be late Dec; Jan or Feb before you get around to it.
Have you heard from Garmin yet? Bet you do.

I'm glad pew replied. However, he DIDN'T include ALL the email messages, kinda cherry picked from the last one's. You can do business with him, as a matter of fact I encourage it. From what I understand I'm not the only (ex) customer that's voiced an opinion about his "attention" to business.
I'm not worried about my refund, I'll get it back one way or another.

Got a confirmation of a refund today.

Just something to keep in mind.
Credit card companies and processors are setup to process charges almost instantly.
A credit to your credit card could take 3 to 5 business days to show up after the merchant processes it, depending on the bank and payment processor. Normally it's much faster, but it can take a bit.
If you are really itchy about a refund, you'd need to call Customer Service (after at least a day) for your card and see if they show a pending credit that has not yet been processed.

Just something to keep in mind.
Credit card companies and processors are setup to process charges almost instantly.
A credit to your credit card could take 3 to 5 business days to show up after the merchant processes it, depending on the bank and payment processor. Normally it's much faster, but it can take a bit.
If you are really itchy about a refund, you'd need to call Customer Service (after at least a day) for your card and see if they show a pending credit that has not yet been processed.
Your reply is noted. However it seems a bit untimely since I expressed that I have confirmation of a refund.

That’s literally how it works. It takes some time to process at each party. You have serious confirmation bias and paranoia.
Thank you for the free medical diagnosis. Actually I have a deep seated hatred for incompetence and unethical businesses and no tolerance for "gamesmanship"; that's the cleanest word I could use.
Screw with me once, there's NEVER a second chance. I learned my lesson.

Last edited:
Thank you for the free medical diagnosis. Actually I have a deep seated hatred for incompetence and unethical businesses and no tolerance for "gamesmanship"; that's the cleanest word I could use.
Screw with me once, there's NEVER a second chance.
Psychological diagnosis actually.

Psychological diagnosis actually.
AND; Psychology is a subset of Medicine, not Voodoo. I spent 45 years in Medicine, how many years have you been in the Art? I'll answer for you, NONE. Now leave me alone I've got a 100 6 ARC to load.

• Haha
Got "mine" a week ago. Went straight down into the basement. Grabbed and old air rifle, pumped out 5 shots, and got 5 values. I think it tells it all. What a performer. Had it on the range last Saturday, and there was several shooters wanting one.
The Garmin Boys have tried to make language packs with the Xero C1 with their left hand. Since I'm good in programming I ripped the Norwegian translation and created a "new" version that's working... Besides that, I'm impressed. Will check next Saturday how accurate two of those are, I plan to measure BC with two units in the future.