• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I'm glad pew replied. However, he DIDN'T include ALL the email messages, kinda cherry picked from the last one's. You can do business with him, as a matter of fact I encourage it. From what I understand I'm not the only (ex) customer that's voiced an opinion about his "attention" to business.
I'm not worried about my refund, I'll get it back one way
Hey, happy for ya, now go buy a lotto ticket you're one of the lucky ones.
I got mine from Hoyt due to a nice member sending me a pm after I had my order canceled from scheels.
Here is another archery place that shows stock, Hoyt is out.

Reactions: Capt45
Little bit of an update and maybe others have seen this with 22 long rifle.

Ammo, CCI Standard Velovity, 40g, advertised 1040 fps. elevation ~3200 feet, Temp 28*-40* F, 60 Shots, stock marlin 39
IMG_5111.png

I love how easy it was to use and would resume after the gap of two relays and never miss a shot. Not sure what was up with #60 since I fired one too quick in the first bank of animals.

Reactions: D_TROS and Capt45
Little bit of an update and maybe others have seen this with 22 long rifle.

Ammo, CCI Standard Velovity, 40g, advertised 1040 fps. elevation ~3200 feet, Temp 28*-40* F, 60 Shots, stock marlin 39
View attachment 8295840

I love how easy it was to use and would resume after the gap of two relays and never miss a shot. Not sure what was up with #60 since I fired one too quick in the first bank of animals.
Been using Xero and I've got several readings where the velocity is abnormally low. Wasn't sure if it's the Xero or the shot itself. They were all on air rifle pellet readings and always seem to happen after a change in ammo or first use or use after a long break. The impact didn't seem to be out of ordinary though. Granted some of these were shot in very short distance, about the minimum distance the Xero says you need.

Been using Xero and I've got several readings where the velocity is abnormally low. Wasn't sure if it's the Xero or the shot itself. They were all on air rifle pellet readings and always seem to happen after a change in ammo or first use or use after a long break. The impact didn't seem to be out of ordinary though. Granted some of these were shot in very short distance, about the minimum distance the Xero says you need.
I’m not sure where #60 came from, #59 was the last shot of the match for me. Simple to strike it out using the app.

I got mine from Hoyt due to a nice member sending me a pm after I had my order canceled from scheels.
Here is another archery place that shows stock, Hoyt is out.

My man. They didn’t charge sales tax, and shipping was free. Sportsman’s Guide bumped my order from Jan to Feb so I canceled and ordered from these guys.

Reactions: Schütze
I've had mine since Oct 23. I've never been this impressed by a product that I ordered without doing any research. I have a lot of Garmin products so seeing an instrumentation powerhouse produce something for the reloading hobby was an instant buy. I don't regret it. Hasn't missed a single shot yet. Suppressed, unsuppressed, imperfect positioning, it doesn't care. It just works, and at the end of the day, some features in the app/software can be added via firmware fixes but don't break the experience, like the Labradar did. God, that thing was a piece of crap compared to this, but it was the only non-contact and high-tech solution out there. Had it since 2016 (early adopter) and have hated taking it to the range due to its bulk and bad ergos. Plus the build quality was cheap and ate batteries like crazy. Zero innovation and resting on their laurels certainly killed them at that price point. Still a decent chrono for anyone looking to get into the doppler game, but it needs to be 100-200 bucks and no more.

Shows in stock right now…

Just a heads up for those who got their recent pre-orders in and are waiting, yours is on the way to us and will be here next week. You will have tracking numbers and have it shipped out as quickly as we can when they come in. We have exceeded every time frame for the 200 or so we have sold to this point :)

We will open up pre-orders again soon as soon as this batch is completed.

Was at the range today. Bad weather and raining. Still managed to get the Shotmarker up and running @300m. Tested the Xero C1 Chrono shooting 30 rounds. Two shooters, one to the right the other to the left. Never triggered the chrono. Seems to "know" my rifle. Impressing.

Reactions: Terp
Well, isn't it a matter of beam width? The Garmin didn't read those at either side of you because the beam isn't wide enough.

Absolutely! That's why I haven't pulled the factory plastic off mine yet. I was either going to order material online and cut it to fit, or wait until someone started making them.
Hi. Don't bother. Today I received some of the generic protector material I have been using for years. I carefully cut it to size and after using Ziess optics wipes on the C1 and removing the 'backing' layer, it just won't adhere. I have put protection on all my newer ($$) ham radios with touch screens and had 100% success.
I tried multiple times with no luck. At the same time, I cut and installed a piece of this material on my Lyman borescope with perfect results. I gave up.
BTW, therte is a chap on eBay selling a nice 3D printed sunshade for the C1. Mine was a bit too tight, but a few minutes with a Dremel and it's a perfect fit. AND, the price is right!
ron

BTW#2 I also own an Oehler 35P chrono and I love it since you have a printed record of your data. HOWEVER, I have my 3 skyscreens set at 4' for maximum accuracy. I have this set on 2 tripods for stability. Hauling all that stuff isn't too much fun even though I have 2 private ranges, so no need to hurry.
The Xero is SO simple, it just amazes me when I use it! and, I'm a retired EE.

Last edited:
Hi. Don't bother. Today I received some of the generic protector material I have been using for years. I carefully cut it to size and after using Ziess optics wipes on the C1 and removing the 'backing' layer, it just won't adhere. I have put protection on all my newer ($$) ham radios with touch screens and had 100% success.
I tried multiple times with no luck. At the same time, I cut and installed a piece of this material on my Lyman borescope with perfect results. I gave up.
BTW, therte is a chap on eBay selling a nice 3D printed sunshade for the C1. Mine was a bit too tight, but a few minutes with a Dremel and it's a perfect fit. AND, the price is right!
ron
Good info to know... One guy on here had good luck with some material he bought on Amazon, but I haven't heard or seen anything else about it. I hope someone figures out an adhesive backer that works with it. I'd like to keep the screen from getting scratched for sure.

I run tempered glass screen protectors on my phones and it's saved my ass hundreds of times from drops and scratches. On many occasions it just cracks the glass protector, and I go home and install another one and good as new...Until I inevitably drop it again. 🤦🏼

Reactions: Keith E.
Every once in a while, a product comes along that actually 100% works as its designed/advertised to and this new Garmin Xero C1 chronograph does just that. Using this compared to the Magnetto Speed and the other chronographs I have used in the past is like going from a square to a round wheel. I was pretty sure that Garmin being behind it it wasn't going to be a piece of shit and congrats to Garmin it does not disappoint.

Only thing I would like to see in the future is for it to have the option of working with the app in real time if you wanted to use your phone or tablet as the display.

For my ultimate want list would be to incorporate environmentals into the data with sensers built into the unit itself.

I've never been this impressed by a product that I ordered without doing any research.
I gotta agree on this 100%. I usually research the ever-lovin’ crap out of stuff but this one was, eh, click & buy. And hope.

Usually I’m disappointed with those rare simple purchases but I was dreading buying a complicated gizmo for my first chrono and was looking for a way out. This one seemed easy and it is dead simple. Wasn’t “supported” by some rando in a far-away land. And I didn’t even look at the manual, and I’m a manual-reader.

Info transmits seamlessly to my phone without user input and goddamn I am learning about how much temperature affects fps (factory ammo shooter here). I’m sure this will allow me more first-round hits in the pdog fields next year.

💯 x 10

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Have not linked to phone. First time use. Works awesome. Guess you have to down load a app? Works well?

they should buy Strelok and integrate it. Maybe

F7416A4F-139D-4025-BBF2-E90330B1FA1A.jpeg
66680C69-4068-40EB-9C1C-65C45CA68514.jpeg

Reactions: MarinePMI
I bought a Garmin Chrony from them when they had them discounted by $120. Placed the order on the 25th of Oct. They immediately billed my CC and I waited. Contacted them a couple of weeks later after no shipment and was told that it would be the first of Dec before they would ship.
We’re you surprised that it didn’t ship in October or November? The Website made it pretty clear on the page that the shipment wasn’t expected until early December.

Why would you be upset it didn’t ship in a few weeks?

Have not linked to phone. First time use. Works awesome. Guess you have to down load a app? Works well?

they should buy Strelok and integrate it. Maybe

View attachment 8299284View attachment 8299285
Yeah download the Garmin Shotview app. Shit just transmits and you can add a more specific title and stuff. I add the environmentals to the “notes” section.

1702865110354.png

What I don’t quite get yet is my understanding of Strelok and temp sensitivity.

As far as I understand it, Hornady specs their speeds on the box at 59°F at sea level, and with 204 the barrel is spec’ed at 26”.

So, according to the box/website the 32gr Superpreformance Vmax 204 ammo out of a 26” test barrel should exit the muzzle at 4225fps.

If I input that plus add in the 38°F figure above (3919fps), Strelok informs me that at 95°F the same bullet is going to have a MV of, wait for it, waaait…4803fps!

Methinks I am doing something wrong.

Edit: My range’s benches are so short that I did have the Garmin greater than 15” from the muzzle…so maybe my reading is too slow, which would make it seem that the temp sensitivity is greater than it truly is (I think).

I’m going to rectify that with a Garmin rifle mount.

And maybe I’m not entering stuff correctly in Strelok. Below is what I enter:
1702867246424.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
I gotta agree on this 100%. I usually research the ever-lovin’ crap out of stuff but this one was, eh, click & buy. And hope.

Usually I’m disappointed with those rare simple purchases but I was dreading buying a complicated gizmo for my first chrono and was looking for a way out. This one seemed easy and it is dead simple. Wasn’t “supported” by some rando in a far-away land. And I didn’t even look at the manual, and I’m a manual-reader.
Wait, this is your first chrono? Oh, no no no no Sir. We need to get that back from you and let you start with a Shooting Chrony, then work your way up to Magnetospeed and then to Labradar, and THEN we can give your Garmin back. That’s the only way you’re going to understand or appreciate the Garmin.

What I don’t quite get yet is my understanding of Strelok and temp sensitivity.

As far as I understand it, Hornady specs their speeds on the box at 59°F at sea level, and with 204 the barrel is spec’ed at 26”.

So, according to the box/website the 32gr Superpreformance Vmax 204 ammo out of a 26” test barrel should exit the muzzle at 4225fps.

If I input that plus add in the 38°F figure above (3919fps), Strelok informs me that at 95°F the same bullet is going to have a MV of, wait for it, waaait…4803fps!

Methinks I am doing something wrong.

Edit: My range’s benches are so short that I did have the Garmin greater than 15” from the muzzle…so maybe my reading is too slow, which would make it seem that the temp sensitivity is greater than it truly is (I think).

I’m going to rectify that with a Garmin rifle mount.

And maybe I’m not entering stuff correctly in Strelok. Below is what I enter:
View attachment 8299312
Did you actually chronograph it at those speeds at those temperatures? 5.7% is a HUGE number

Reactions: carbonbased
Did you actually chronograph it at those speeds at those temperatures? 5.7% is a HUGE number
I’m glad you think so, as 4800fps in the heat of the summer seems insane! I’ve shot that ammo in the summer a bunch and I know that can’t be correct or my barrel would be toast.

I chrono’ed what you see in my Garmin screenshots just the other day, as I just started using the Garmin (my first chronograph).

That last screenshot is off Strelok. The 4225fps number for 204 32gr Vmax is off the side of the box and I input the Garmin-supplied 3913fps that I chrono’ed the other day.

As I mentioned, the only thing I can think that might make my numbers wrong is that due to the short range benches, the Garmin was ~18”-20”+ away from the end of the suppressor. Or, I suppose, I could have a faulty unit (sorta doubt it).

Next range trip I’m going to set up a tripod in front of the bench to get the Garmin within 15” from the suppressor’s end. I’m pretty certain that’s my problem.

Glancing at my app, the temp sensitivity percentages (actual winter measurement vs manuf box number) were:

.223 with my 24” barrel
- Winchester M193 55gr: 1.2%
- FGMM 69gr: 3.6%
- Federal Tactical Tru 77gr: 0.1%

.204 with my 26” barrel
- Hornady 32gr Vmax Superperformance: 5.7%
- Hornady 40gr Vmax Superperformance: 3.9%

6br with my 24” barrel
- Lapua 105gr Scenar-L: 0.9%

Again, these are actual cold weather measurements vs. manufacture stated FPS, so take it for what it’s worth. I know that’s not how one actually does this, but I cannot magically make it hot out. The wide variation in percentages is odd, but maybe the further past 15 inches from the muzzle/end of suppressor one gets, the more random the numbers become?

I am obv a total chrono noob.

Last edited:
Wait, this is your first chrono? Oh, no no no no Sir. We need to get that back from you and let you start with a Shooting Chrony, then work your way up to Magnetospeed and then to Labradar, and THEN we can give your Garmin back. That’s the only way you’re going to understand or appreciate the Garmin.
That’s some funny shit!

I feel lucky…I was putting off a chrono purchase for forever because everything I read about the units you mention made me shake my head in sadness/anger/disgust. Sounded like major pains in asses!

Still waiting on mine to ship. Fighting with the @#&$@ Magnetospeed strap today. Oh the humanity…!!

IMG_0769.jpeg

I know we’re making jokes about guys that have never had another chronographs, but in all seriousness, you guys will never appreciate the Garmin, like we veterans of other chronographs do…..lol

It’s probably like an Amish fella that used a horse and buggy his whole life, leaving the Amish community and getting his first brand new pick up truck.

We’re you surprised that it didn’t ship in October or November? The Website made it pretty clear on the page that the shipment wasn’t expected until early December.

Why would you be upset it didn’t ship in a few weeks?
You apparently missed the salient point(s); I was fine with the 1st of Dec as delivery date after the seller explained that I need to have better reading skills, it's when the first part of Dec came but the Garmin didn't that I sent another query and learned it might be sometime in January. Then that is when the seller cancelled my order; yes there were things said. Over it and moved on; I'll be purchasing from a BUSINESS in the future, not a guy with a side hustle.

Happened to have an extra pouch not being used at the house and turns out its perfect for the Xero and accessories. I plan on keeping a small battery bank in there with it in case i forget to charge it sometime I'm not SOL. Its an Evergoods Civic Access Pouch 2L https://evergoods.us/collections/pouches/products/civic-access-pouch-2l

Also, this thing continues to impress me with its ease of use.

IMG_3243.jpeg

Finally got around to getting a case for mine. I got a go pro hard vinyl case from Amazon for around 20 with some pluckable foam which was another 17 bucks. The inserts for the case are trash and don’t stay in place. I got a cheap 140mm nodal slide from Amazon too. Placed it on my rifles last night as a test fit and seemed to fit well. I know the gray ops is nicer but what it has to accomplish I think the nodal slides will be just fine. The top of the case has storage for the instructions, battery back up if you need it and I put in a USB charging port. Pretty pleased with it. Hope to give it all a go next weekend.

IMG_4803.jpeg
IMG_4804.jpeg
IMG_4805.jpeg

Happened to have an extra pouch not being used at the house and turns out its perfect for the Xero and accessories. I plan on keeping a small battery bank in there with it in case i forget to charge it sometime I'm not SOL. Its an Evergoods Civic Access Pouch 2L https://evergoods.us/collections/pouches/products/civic-access-pouch-2l

Also, this thing continues to impress me with its ease of use.

View attachment 8299597
$75!!??

Sheeit if I’m spending real money get this for less

73E2D23F-7B92-4E14-8AD7-CFE6581E4A78.png

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
$75!!??

No doubt, but as I said I already had that pouch.

Just a heads up for those who got their recent pre-orders in and are waiting, yours is on the way to us and will be here next week. You will have tracking numbers and have it shipped out as quickly as we can when they come in. We have exceeded every time frame for the 200 or so we have sold to this point :)

We will open up pre-orders again soon as soon as this batch is completed.

Look for those tracking numbers in the next few hours!

Reactions: Modoc
$75!!??

View attachment 8299664
Didn’t know about that one. That’s nice. If I had to do it over again, I would go with that. But I am happy with what got. Is there room for a mount in that one though? The nodal slide I got is about 6 inches and I happen to like the size. It clears the rifle easily and I can see it easy from my left eye with just a glance not breaking my cheek weld. Now granted this is laying around the house trying it out. I will see how well it works in practice in the near future. Love Cole-tac stuff

It’s not worth anything.

Ammo rarely matches box numbers.

Need to chorizo your gun at low temp and high temp. Not input a off the wall number like what the box says

IMO fwiw
Agree 100%.

And once I move the unit within 15” of the suppressor’s bore I will report back if the numbers aren’t near what I already posted. And I shall wait for warmer times to compute reliable temp sensitivity %.

If shooting with a can, I assume with a chrono the muzzle = suppressor’s bore, right?

I feel like I am, like, ten lol and asking advice from my uncle

Agree 100%.

And once I move the unit within 15” of the suppressor’s bore I will report back if the numbers aren’t near what I already posted. And I shall wait for warmer times to compute reliable temp sensitivity %.

If shooting with a can, I assume with a chrono the muzzle = suppressor’s bore, right?

I feel like I am, like, ten lol and asking advice from my uncle
Hand warmers and a well insulated lunch bag/cooler. Keep them warmed long enough that its not just a surface change, then use a good instant read meat thermometer before you chrono.

Hand warmers and a well insulated lunch bag/cooler. Keep them warmed long enough that its not just a surface change, then use a good instant read meat thermometer before you chrono.
Well there you go! I am such a chrono noob.

I’ll just microwave the rounds along with my baloney sandwich.

Kidding! By “instant read” meat thermometer do you mean an infrared type?

Now I’m off to YT to see if anyone has microwaved ammo. I’m sure someone has…

Have you tried that against actual (warn) ambient temperatures. I’d think air temp and chamber temp would affect it bit who knows

Reactions: Schütze
Have you tried that against actual (warn) ambient temperatures. I’d think air temp and chamber temp would affect it bit who knows
Provided you work fast it has worked for me. If going to leave things out long enough for chamber soak etc. then not going to help you.

I've done cold, ambient and hot ammo in successive sessions. Just takes some prep work but beats not having any data. I'll confirm in actual temps when they eventually come around.

Well there you go! I am such a chrono noob.

I’ll just microwave the rounds along with my baloney sandwich.

Kidding! By “instant read” meat thermometer do you mean an infrared type?

Now I’m off to YT to see if anyone has microwaved ammo. I’m sure someone has…
I use a ThermoWorks Thermapen probe type. The PIR type don't do well for measuring small objects.

Reactions: carbonbased