• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Anyone having trouble missing shots? I was doing 7 shot ladder tests round robin. In all 3 strings it missed a shot in each.

I have it on an arca rail mount on spigot. Has latest update.

Also if the garmin gets moved around it won’t record until it’s stabilized again. I don’t understand the infatuation with rifle mounting it.

Reactions: godofthunder
I missed shots when I hadn't had the correct velocity programmed into the device. Once i corrected that all was good. Otherwise never missed any shots.

Only oddities I've noticed are when mounted on a rifle via arca rail, you can't move the rifle too much or it'll trip the movement sensor, and it'll pick up random entities and claim 231 fps every so often. No missed shots tho. I think this might have to do with vibrations going through the chassis and into the unit. Set it beside the rifle, no more issues.

Got mine delivered today ... honestly ... it just seems too simple. Where are all the complicated settings, external triggers, unstable tripods, USB charging-block, little plastic "aimer thingie" that needs to be screwed on ... blah blah blah. Getting this thing to work CAN'T be this easy !!!

Oh ... and how the hell is this thing supposed to fall off the bench if it doesn't act like a "big orange sail" in a stiff tail-wind?

1704243900917.png

Got mine delivered today ... honestly ... it just seems too simple. Where are all the complicated settings, external triggers, unstable tripods, USB charging-block, little plastic "aimer thingie" that needs to be screwed on ... blah blah blah. Getting this thing to work CAN'T be this easy !!!

Oh ... and how the hell is this thing supposed to fall off the bench if it doesn't act like a "big orange sail" in a stiff tail-wind?

View attachment 8312582
I know, after using an Ohler PRO for decades, the Garmin is the stuff!

Reactions: CSTactical
Don't have mine in hand quite yet. Can you go in the app and name different sessions? So basically if I shoot multiple loads can I go in and name each session what that load was?

Don't have mine in hand quite yet. Can you go in the app and name different sessions? So basically if I shoot multiple loads can I go in and name each session what that load was?
Yes, after you close out a session, it should sync with your phone. In the phone, you can review it and add notes (scroll to the bottom). I don't know of a way to manually add notes in the Garmin itself, but each session had a icon of a rifle, handgun, etc along with the avg fps next to it so it was easy to tell the different shooters' session.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Islander
Awesome. That was a feature I was really hoping for. Now I don't have to write it all down as I go.

Awesome. That was a feature I was really hoping for. Now I don't have to write it all down as I go.
If so,eome has not mentioned it already it logs the date/time of each shot too. I snap a pic here or there just in case. Those pics have time stamps…

Reactions: Islander
Don't get me wrong ... I like my Labradar and have enjoyed great results from it for years. It's been the summit of innovation for a long time. Unfortunately, it reached that summit and just kind of "sat there" without needed innovation (better triggers, better phone app, miniaturization, improved battery life, etc.)

Once I determined the Labradar's phone/Bluetooth app was worthless and buggy, figured out SD card data extraction, got the recoil trigger and aimer "thingie" and USB charger all figured out, it was great and provided me all the data I've ever needed to do solid load development. That said ... if this little Garmin gadget can come out of bag, sit on the bench, and be ready to reliably record shots 60 seconds later with a couple of button pushes, synch reliably to the phone app, and transfer data easily to my computer ... it will be a game-changer and result in big issues for the future of the Labradar platform.

I will be VERY interested to get it to the range on a crowded day, with me shooting suppressed 6.5-CM and the two knuckleheads on either side of me shooting Fat Bastard muzzle brakes that blow my hat off on every shot of their 338-LM and 450-BM. If the Garmin Xero records every shot reliably in that scenario ... then it's basically "game-over" for my Labradar, and I'll need to find it a good home.

My questions that I need to answer for myself:
  • Will the internal battery support a full day of shooting without recharging or adding a power block?
  • Will it reliably decipher my shots vs. those on the benches around me?
  • Is the phone app reliable and easy to use for transferring data to my computer?
Let's start there ... and see where we go.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
…. with me shooting suppressed 6.5-CM and the two knuckleheads on either side of me shooting Fat Bastard muzzle brakes that blow my hat off on every shot of their 338-LM and 450-BM.
Jesus don’t get me started on ……. Never mind 🤠

If the Garmin Xero records every shot reliably in that scenario ... then it's basically "game-over" for my Labradar, and I'll need to find it a good home.

• Will the internal battery support a full day of shooting without recharging or adding a power block?
  • Is the phone app reliable and easy to use for transferring data to my computer?
We are fast creeping up on 50 pages here of folks using the Xero, accompanied by other threads on SH, other forums and FB groups some of us also frequent. It seems most of these questions are asked, and answered.

Especially, in comparison with the labradar. Folks know me know that I’m somewhat of a gearhead. Over the years, I’ve watched people struggle with the labradar and it was just one more complication I couldn’t bring myself to add to my life. So I never bought one. It was very unlike me. The kicker for me was when lowlight had his break a couple times. It was pretty obvious that this thing was somewhat fragile and not field grade.

As a person who’s taken products to market myself, the Garmin Xero launch has really been an enjoyable and fascinating thing to watch. I don’t remember seeing a product that completely upset a market the way this one has. I’m sure there are examples but I just can’t think of them.

Conspicuous in its absence is some hard use, toughness testing. If the Garmin gets knocked off a bench and hits some concrete, will it survive? Will it survive if it hits dirt. These are my only concerns at this point.

As for the two fat bastards, with fat bastards, on either side of you, I shall await your report……🤠

We are fast creeping up on 50 pages here of folks using the Xero, accompanied by other threads on SH, other forums and FB groups some of us also frequent. It seems most of these questions are asked, and answered.

Especially, in comparison with the labradar. Folks know me know that I’m somewhat of a gearhead. Over the years, I’ve watched people struggle with the labradar and it was just one more complication I couldn’t bring myself to add to my life. So I never bought one. It was very unlike me. The kicker for me was when lowlight had his break a couple times. It was pretty obvious that this thing was somewhat fragile and not field grade.

As a person who’s taken products to market myself, the Garmin Xero launch has really been an enjoyable and fascinating thing to watch. I don’t remember seeing a product that completely upset a market the way this one has. I’m sure there are examples but I just can’t think of them.

Conspicuous in its absence is some hard use, toughness testing. If the Garmin gets knocked off a bench and hits some concrete, will it survive? Will it survive if it hits dirt. These are my only concerns at this point.

As for the two fat bastards, with fat bastards, on either side of you, I shall await your report……🤠
Great stuff. I'm actually a Labradar FanBoy and after the steep learning curve and accessory acquisition, I've enjoyed reliable and serviceable use for over 4 years without complaint. If the Garmin convinces me to put my beloved Labradar on GunBroker ... it will be quite an accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong ... I like my Labradar and have enjoyed great results from it for years. It's been the summit of innovation for a long time. Unfortunately, it reached that summit and just kind of "sat there" without needed innovation (better triggers, better phone app, miniaturization, improved battery life, etc.)

Once I determined the Labradar's phone/Bluetooth app was worthless and buggy, figured out SD card data extraction, got the recoil trigger and aimer "thingie" and USB charger all figured out, it was great and provided me all the data I've ever needed to do solid load development. That said ... if this little Garmin gadget can come out of bag, sit on the bench, and be ready to reliably record shots 60 seconds later with a couple of button pushes, synch reliably to the phone app, and transfer data easily to my computer ... it will be a game-changer and result in big issues for the future of the Labradar platform.

I will be VERY interested to get it to the range on a crowded day, with me shooting suppressed 6.5-CM and the two knuckleheads on either side of me shooting Fat Bastard muzzle brakes that blow my hat off on every shot of their 338-LM and 450-BM. If the Garmin Xero records every shot reliably in that scenario ... then it's basically "game-over" for my Labradar, and I'll need to find it a good home.

My biggest complaint for the LabRadar is the user interface and app. When LabRadar updated the app my phone stopped connecting. The button sequence is clunky at best also. I always has pretty good luck recording shots and the size didn't bother me. I did all the upgrade you did too.

On the other hand, I use a Fenix6 every day. Garmin updates the application almost weekly. Combine that with a device the size of a GoPro and it is a huge win for shooters.

Great stuff. I'm actually a Labradar FanBoy and after the steep learning curve and accessory acquisition, I've enjoyed reliable and serviceable use for over 4 years without complaint. If the Garmin convinces me to put my beloved Labradar on GunBroker ... it will be quite an accomplishment.
Save your money and just list it on FB; Gunbroker takes a fee.

Reactions: godofthunder
One thing I will knock the Garmin on is the button array. They could be more intuitive and the function could be marked on the face just below the buttons. Having to tip the unit to see the button labels seems like a design oversight. I am toying with sticking a label there.

The answer for me is yes, it will survive.

Freaked me out but happened on my 2nd outing...used it many times since then and haven't seen any problems.
Awesome! Great news. I mean these guys have been doing this with their GPSs forever so one would expect they would be a bit of toughness built-in.

Save your money and just list it on FB; Gunbroker takes a fee.
Or pay $20 and be a supporter here and list it. It has worked out great for me over eBay, which I usually use. I’ve actually sold stuff for less money here and made more money, than I would’ve for selling it more over eBay.

Edit: just noticed he is already a supporter here.

Reactions: Capt45

In this video they're comparing a Xero and Labradar side by side with two shooters firing at the same time.

The Xero is knocked off the bench twice and still recorded the shot/continued working.

The answer for me is yes, it will survive.

Freaked me out but happened on my 2nd outing...used it many times since then and haven't seen any problems.

In this video they're comparing a Xero and Labradar side by side with two shooters firing at the same time.

The Xero is knocked off the bench twice and still recorded the shot/continued working.

I think the most compelling is when they hit the Garmin with the Labradar and it still worked.

Same. We aren’t getting it until like February 2024 (my speculations)
Looks like you were right.

Just got another email from PewPew saying sorry no Garmin for you. Their email on 12/14 said they were getting in 60 sometime last week to ship this week. Today they said they only got 46 units and those are already shipped to customers.

I must be one of the unlucky 14.

Just got another email from PewPew saying sorry no Garmin for you. Their email on 12/14 said they were getting in 60 sometime last week to ship this week. Today they said they only got 46 units and those are already shipped to customers.

Bet it’s more than us 14.

Reactions: southernpew
Area 419 hit their Xero with a LabRadar and it still recorded the velocity of the LabRadar later. :)

Anyone having the issue of the Xero registering a shot fire just by dropping the bolt on an AR or even dry fire when mounted to Arca rail? Specifically when it was in the 500-1700 fps setting.

Bet it’s more than us 14.
I hope not. I’ve been giving PewPew the benefit of the doubt through all this.

I ordered the morning of 10/25 and my order number is XX715. If your order number is more than +/- 14, they’ve got some explaining to do.

Reactions: southernpew

Honestly there's so much use out there already, even within this thread, those questions don't even need asked.

Reactions: 021411

Their email on 12/14 mentioned 80 coming so they only received about half of what was expected from Garmin.

I ordered the morning of 10/25 and my order number is XX715. If your order number is more than +/- 14, they’ve got some explaining to do.
I'm not sure what other explanation is needed. He's outlined the situation and shared the communication with Garmin. It's a popular product and he offered a fantastic deal. It's not surprising that there is a wait.

Reactions: TheOE800

My order number is XX690. I still haven’t received a shipping confirmation and I got their email earlier today.

I’ve been giving them the benefit of the doubt as well and haven’t contacted them at all. I’m starting to wonder.

Who is selling them with free shipping and/or no sales tax to California?
I ordered from impact data books. Shipping cost but no tax. I'd rather pay him to ship than give this state any tax money.

Reactions: CamW
Their email on 12/14 mentioned 80 coming so they only received about half of what was expected from Garmin.

I'm not sure what other explanation is needed. He's outlined the situation and shared the communication with Garmin. It's a popular product and he offered a fantastic deal. It's not surprising that there is a wait.
The 12/14 email said 60 and if you were receiving the email yours was in that batch and they would be filling orders on a first come first served basis.

A09DDBEA-46C5-4704-9BF7-CFDEC9B3A435.jpeg

The email today said 46 were delivered. That means only 14 of the people to get the 12/14 email should have got the email today.

My order number is XX690. I still haven’t received a shipping confirmation and I got their email earlier today.

I’ve been giving them the benefit of the doubt as well and haven’t contacted them at all. I’m starting to wonder.

Something isn’t adding up. Maybe @Pew Pew Solutions can shed some light on what is going on.

The 12/14 email said 60 and if you were receiving the email yours was in that batch and they would be filling orders on a first come first served basis.

View attachment 8313307

The email today said 46 were delivered. That means only 14 of the people to get the 12/14 email should have got the email today.
Well that's odd because mine says 80.

EDIT: Looks like we got different emails possibly based on where we are in the queue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_170641_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_170641_Gmail.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: VegasKyle
Or you're getting stretched out until you can't file a chargeback.
One peak into the Liberty Optics thread will show that CC companies have been very willing to take care of stuff well outside of the chargeback window and for a lot more money than a Xero costs.

That said, I tend to only buy from places that have shit in stock.

Mine is xx699 and I got the same email today.

Last three of mine is 658. The wording between the emails is a bit different as well.

That’s a pretty big discrepancy, even if they got all 80 my order wasn’t getting filled. So they knew back on 12/14 when they sent the email a ship date of 1/2-1/4 wasn’t going to happen but decided to bullshit me anyway.

Is this the email you got today?

BB0B797B-A4C2-4CD5-9406-300284999C1B.jpeg