• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Gas Cans- Life Hacks

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
Based upon other thread comments, we might need a thread on Fixing Gas Cans...

This is an interesting solution.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have used the Schrader valve and coat hanger technique- remove the valve stem core and use the screw on cap as the vent-

Drill the hole off center- not on the seam

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
This is the one I did

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The tool is $3 at wallmart - cores are free if you ask the mechanics at wall mart for a handful of old ones or less than $1/ each when you buy a package

Cool!! I've used a melted hole and the roofing nail that melted it. This solution looks a little more elegant.

Google EZ pour replacement water can spouts. WalMart, amazon etc has them about 12 bucks. Some states replacement gas can spouts are illegal.

Last edited:
I want to say the Red colored cans are regulated in the US as they are designed for fuel. The green cans might have been imported as water / non fuel containers.

I recall a tutorial where people were filling the Water Only marking on a green can with bondo, sanding smooth and painting red with a fuel resistant epoxy spray

Reactions: Barneybdb
I run the race cans at the house

2 Pack Sunoco 5 Gallon Clear Race Utility Jugs and 2 Deluxe Filler Hoses https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BM2HCX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_azxIAbMJXMTMA

I have some red ones for gas, and yellow ones for diesel.

But we have to run these at the plant to meet the OSHA and NFPA standards
Justrite 7250130 Galvanized Steel, AccuFlow Type II Red Safety Can with 1" Flexible Spout, Large ID zone, Meets OSHA & NFPA For Handling Hazardous liquids. 5 Gallon (19L) Size. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FZB3N0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sDxIAb6V2WH22

The old metal Jerry cans were great

Reactions: abizdafuzz
A 1/8" close nipple and cap would make more sense and probably be cheaper than using the air hose fitting

The race jugs are great until your using them on the job and OSHA sticks both feet in your ass over them!

The square ones fit in the racks nicely

Attachments

• RAJ7100RD1.jpg
    RAJ7100RD1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 31
I'm sorry, I must be missing something.

i replaced my gas cans with the new ones when Wal-Mart switched over. I've never had a problem with filling or using the new ones.

Now, living in Arizona where I consider grass to be an offensive weed, I no longer have any gasoline powered power tools. My yards are filled with desert tan gravel.

Greg