• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas guns can't do what?

Re: Gas guns can't do what?

Great job putting yourself on the podium.

I read through the description of the stages and that sounds
like a fun time.

I need to make it up there some time sounds like a nice place to shoot.
Just wish it was a little closer.

AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BattleAxe didn't accidentally find himself with the top scorers.
He prepared well, and then delivered. I saw him shooting in the most shitty Florida Summer heat and humidity - during July, August and September.

Great job Dave. First, Third or Fifth place doesn't really matter.

Oh and if there was a smack talk trophy, you'd have walked away with it
smile.gif

</div></div>

Well technically it was an accident...I really didn't practice anything except for long range prone. Everything else I left up to the gods. Hell I haven't done anyting with a pistol resembling practice in well over 2 years and pistol was my strongest event overall.

And I'll have you know that I did in fact train long and hard for my black belt in smack talk
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey BA,
question for you, what's the advantage for shooting the 2 different weight bullets?
</div></div>

None I suppose. Since I have no time to reload I have to buy factory ammo when I can find deals on it. A few months ago I got a good deal on 168's and I needed to burn them. Since inside 500 or so yards my stick can't tell the difference between 168's and 175's I figured I'd use 168's for the short range stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey BA,
question for you, what's the advantage for shooting the 2 different weight bullets?
</div></div>

None I suppose. Since I have no time to reload I have to buy factory ammo when I can find deals on it. A few months ago I got a good deal on 168's and I needed to burn them. Since inside 500 or so yards my stick can't tell the difference between 168's and 175's I figured I'd use 168's for the short range stuff. </div></div>

Ohh ok. thanks

I’m sure by now everyone is aware of the scoring snafu that took place so I’m posting this in both threads.

There has been some e-mail buzz generated by this and the event staff is genuinely affected by this. Honestly I can’t blame them and I would not want to be in their shoes. There seems to be a lot of concern for me and to honest, this doesn’t come close to making my top 100 list of bad moments in my life.

I really don’t know what mistakes were made or how they affected the outcome but apparently the notion of not holding future matches at BSF is on the table as a result, and I hope no one makes that mistake. There is nothing even close to Jax that compares and I feel it would be an immeasurable loss to shooters all over the southeast.

BSF didn’t charge much for this match so clearly they’re not in it for the money and there’s a lot to be said for doing something “for the love of the game” and truth be told that’s the only reason I do this. I don’t need trophies, prizes, or fame. Just give me some ammo and something to shoot at and you’ll likely find me lying in a puddle of sweat on a hot August day covered with sand and fire ants. And if you look closely, you’ll likely see me smiling.

For these reasons I’ve decided to forfeit my score and take a zero for the match. This may sound to be an odd choice but someone in that match came in last place and it was likely a newer shooter that represents the future of this sport, and that’s really who matters most here. I personally feel that focusing on making sure that the top dogs gain their rightful spot is the wrong approach.

So with that, last place is officially mine. Just be forewarned ladies…this time I’ve got a whole year to train verses 4 months so I’d suggest you all spend a little less time waxing your man-ginas and spend a little more time practicing.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you know about the waxing? </div></div>

C'mon...20+ guys scratching their crotch?

It was a no-brainer
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you know about the waxing? </div></div>

C'mon...20+ guys scratching their crotch?

It was a no-brainer
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You guys are crazy to be waxing your balls I shave mine. Hehe.

Youre a good man to swallow your pride and take one for the better of the sport a lot of dude that call themselves men cant do that. Shaved balls or waxed.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I miss the post about the mistakes that were made? </div></div>There was no post about that...I really don't know exactly what they were. I was simply told there was a mistake and event staff was very apologetic. I couldn't even begin to speculate but it was a very complex match from my perspective so I think mistakes were inevitable. Shit happens and I'm OK with it.