• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GDI prom mount on a bolt action

DrewC

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2014
Washington
I won’t be home for a bit so I can’t check for myself so I figured I’d ask here. I have new bolt action that I’m going to use a GDI prom mount on it and was just wondering if it would provide enough eye relief without running out of back rail. I rarely see these mounts on a bolt action so searching around online isnt helping.

I have it sitting just sitting in my safe. the rifle is a Cadex so i was hoping it would work.

Not because it won't provide enough eye relief, because to get it to hold zero you have to tighten the clamp down to the point where you need tools to install/remove it.

Could probably sell it to somebody on Arfcom, get enough from the sale to buy a SPUHR

I have a few on my gas guns and never had any issues with them, I had this mount forever and was hoping to put it to use. Just never tried them on a bolt.

I had one for a bit, eye relief wasn't an issue, it does sit a bit higher though but if you have an adjustable cheek it shouldn't be an issue

What gas guns were you using them on?