• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gearing Up Before a Ban

True that. What would you say is the best overall SHTF hunting/defensive round? I was thinking that between 5.56 and .22lr you have prettymuch everything covered... I remember my great grandaddy talking about his hunting style for whitetail one time and he said he never took a shot over 100 yards and always went for a headshot to preserve meat and I was thinking that in the hands of a skilled hunter 5.56 would be just as capable as his 30-06 in those conditions...Any thoughts?
I hunt, target shoot and fun shoot with 6.5x55 95% of the times. I use Lapua Naturalis for hunting (went away from SST due to poor and unreliable expansion at sub 70m) now exclusively. I shoot 3" groups with a number of my swedes at 800m. My deer hunting until recently (basically purchased 80acres and there are woods preventing longer than a 125m shot) was sitting at a ground blind, getting my tea and wait for the activity of deer at the hill above marsh grass 350-525m away from my ground spot. Family would come out and family would be harvested. Head shots are NOT something I do simply for the fact that we have CWD in our State and I rather not chance it - because all stuff we do not eat (vitals, trimmings, rib meat, etc.) - we process for dog/cat food (our pets are on the raw food diet). it takes about 40seconds for 3 unrushed shots where you can sever spine right where neck starts (so there is no meat loss), deer is dead/paralyzed instantly - no tracking involved. from that distance (400m) (and unsupressed BTW), they do NOT run away and just look with curiosity in the direction of the fallen comrade. I do NOT take marginal shots. I practice (benefits of having a private range with a max distance of 800m) with my rifles, I know my glass compensations, I invest in a quality glass and range finding equipment.
for 22lr I have bolt guns, however, found my Sig522 Target was so accurate out to 150m, that I bought a 2nd one - thats the one in the picture rabbit hunting (have to be head shots only or meat is damaged/contaminated). 556 - I prefer piston rifles - due to reliability, and I LOVE side charging handles. Sig556 will be my bug out rifle (folding stock, super reliable and the one I practice with the most). Custom DPMS Recon LR308 - well, after pretty much EVERYTHING changed out and upgraded and Steiner 3lbs military tube on it - yes, its an accurate rifle in a semi-auto platform, however, not my favorite. If I could have a side charger (similar to Sig556) in 6.5x55 - it would be my dream weapon - put a 1:8 Krieger 5R on it and it would be something, however, it will be a toy more so than a practical weapon. HK91 and HK93 are likely the MOST practical (aside from magazine costs) pair for someone to consider as far as identical platforms AND accuracy - super durable, heavy, but will take an abuse in a SHTF scenario. with that said - 55gr is the max for the HK93, otherwise they keyhole. So 62gr stockpile is not exactly friendly for HK barrel twists. FN15 Competition for $2k - needs nothing but glass, terrific performer (I am in love with flared mag well now :) ) and an accurate shooter with a match single stage Timney right out of the box - well, it has its drawbacks for me too - like a M4 style charging handle and LR optics relation...
South Korean Daewoo is the best of all worlds in 556 :) in my opinion, but where do you buy em now, unless you already have one.

defensive 556 round??? what is that? 556 is a close quarter with multiple covers weapon, in my opinion. Anyone capable of an accurate shot from 200-1000m away will take you out before you can even stuff your loaded magazines into your carrier. I do not practice my 556 weapons beyond 150m, but we all have a 'technique'...

in a true SHTF situation, if i am bugging out or hunkering down somewhere, i want a .308/7.62x51mm with a 20" barrel.
(assuming you have to choose one).

.30 cal is a requirement, because i don't want to be easily outgunned.
if the enemy has a .223, he's in my range for hundreds of yards before he is a real threat to me.
extremely common when you have to scavenge ammo.

i would only choose .22 cal if there was a scenario where you could only have as much ammo as you can carry.

in a true SHTF situation, if i am bugging out or hunkering down somewhere, i want a .308/7.62x51mm with a 20" barrel.

if the enemy has a .223, he's in my range for hundreds of yards before he is a real threat to me.

i would only choose .22 cal if there was a scenario where you could only have as much ammo as you can carry.

I’m of a similar preference with respect to .308 for the same reasons you cited

Is your .308 as described above, a semi or bolt gun?

my SHTF long gun would be my SR25. Can reach way out beyond the usual “fighting carbine” range but also handle situations where a higher vol of fire is called for. The weight penalty is worth the extra range and knock down energy IMO.

Having a small .22 Rimfire take-down Rifle is also great for small game, etc. light weight and doesn’t take up much space.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
money is always a good thing to have so stocking up on that can never go out of style stored in a nice safe mattress well out of the hands of the dimacrats unlike banks , well unless the dims return us to trading salt or rocks twigs maybe pine cones would be fun . Buy what ever you want . If you want a gun buy it ammo and or a press is all up to you . the only thing to fear would be a ban on toilet paper which I am golden with at least a year supply of and 4 months of the super plush 3 ply quilted with lotion ? .

Reactions: theLBC
For every AR lower you buy, get a Kali key. AWB are semi auto bans and with a Kali Key all your ARs suddenly turn into bolt action rifles. Can't confiscate those unless they attach cosmetic items to the bill but again, those are in relation to semi auto capability. (Haven't seen anyone complain about pistol grips, threaded barrels, fore end tubes on a bolt action although it may come down the road)

Squirrel away gas blocks, gas tubes, complete BCGs, and standard capacity mags elsewhere.

If SHTF actually happens down the road you'll be prepared. But more than likely you'll get used to the laws and move on. (See: TSA)

I would not spend money on supressors or SBR if it were me. They make the most sense to ban and ban rather easily with little to no kick back. You guys have to realize it is about political posturing and media headlines not based on any logic what would reduce violence etc. So, posting a media blurb that they are going to ban evil silencers and evil short barreled rifles sounds awesome to the gun haters. Plus if there was no grandfather they already know exactly who owns them. Additionally, you cannot claim you do not have it plus the 99.9% of the people who own those are law abiding folks who would comply with a buy back. As shity as it is that would be the first to go if I had to guess. I spent my entire life in the feds and there is no way in our lifetime that there will ever be a confiscation. People freak out but the logistics of it alone are a nightmare and not based on anything real. Just because some wack dem. says crap does not mean it would ever pass let alone have the backing of the feds and every law enforcement agency in the country. You have to remind yourself this is a lot of political posturing to attract media attention. In the end if a dem takes over like I said- kiss supressors good bye, sbr's, probably mags and a version of a Clinton era ban (with a grandfather). I could explain more why I think anything more than that is crazy but that is the jist. Individual states may follow suit with more strict legislation like CA etc.. I would also see an extreme tax on ammo or making ammo only available via FFL purchase etc.. I teach policy for a living (Ph.D. in law and public policy) and you have to remember that rights are eroded slowly over time. It will be a process not a swift action. It will come in waves and mostly slower waves, then you wake up ten years from now and there is a much different landscape and less rights. You have to get the people comfortable with ideas slowly before they rip the carpet out from under them! At least this is my professional opinion. But by all means stock up on ammo, and receivers and anything that is not a receiver form but semi platforms. Like I still need to get another Scar. I probably would not go blow 50k on a bunker just yet!

Reactions: phlegethon

There is something else however to consider, bugging out or traveling may be very different than hunkering down.

Let's say you are far from home trying to get back home, or you have to get out of home and get to somewhere else that you can hunker down.
Your Best course of action may be to try your very best to travel as fast and with as little footprint as possible, doing everything you can to avoid confrontations unless there is absolutely no way around it.

If you are stuck hoofing it on foot for 50 or so miles and needing to move as fast as possible as you are trying to get where you need to be during the "grace period" right after an event when most don't have a clue what just happened, there is a very good chance a 6 pound AR with a 16" barrel, a suppressor and a mix of specialized ammo is going to be much better for you than a 12 pound AR 10 with all the fixings, especially when you actually have to keep it in your hands while going, not just on your back.

Then when you get back to your supplies, sure pull out the big stuff.

Now if you are traveling in vehicles or in a big group, things are different, but again big group also = tempting target.

Reactions: theLBC
There is something else however to consider, bugging out or traveling may be very different than hunkering down.

Let's say you are far from home trying to get back home, or you have to get out of home and get to somewhere else that you can hunker down.
Your Best course of action may be to try your very best to travel as fast and with as little footprint as possible, doing everything you can to avoid confrontations unless there is absolutely no way around it.
If you are stuck hoofing it on foot for 50 or so miles and needing to move as fast as possible as you are trying to get where you need to be during the "grace period" right after an event when most don't have a clue what just happened, there is a very good chance a 6 pound AR with a 16" barrel, a suppressor and a mix of specialized ammo is going to be much better for you than a 12 pound AR 10 with all the fixings, especially when you actually have to keep it in your hands while going, not just on your back.

Then when you get back to your supplies, sure pull out the big stuff.

Now if you are traveling in vehicles or in a big group, things are different, but again big group also = tempting target.
i agree. what you described is the scenario in the last part of my post, except your story has a part 2.

but let's say you have to travel across the wasteland, like denzel in Book of Eli.
even though i am having to carry it, i don't want to be picked off by scavengers with a .308 and be helpless to return fire.
i can find a golf cart for my shit. ?

Last edited:
money is always a good thing to have so stocking up on that can never go out of style stored in a nice safe mattress well out of the hands of the dimacrats unlike banks , well unless the dims return us to trading salt or rocks twigs maybe pine cones would be fun . Buy what ever you want . If you want a gun buy it ammo and or a press is all up to you . the only thing to fear would be a ban on toilet paper which I am golden with at least a year supply of and 4 months of the super plush 3 ply quilted with lotion ? .
and fruit cocktail. great for bartering.

If you're geared then learn fieldcraft and take tactical weapons training classes. All that info you can carry around with no weight penalty, and it won't matter how many guns you have if you can't get out of a shitty situation or don't have the confidence to fight.
This.

You need to have first aid training, be in shape, have good feet, and know how to get potable water from non. Communication would be a good skill to have.

FWIW, all the above, even the quote, are things we need to be doing as good Americans so that you'll be a help in an auto accident, natural disaster, etc., and not a hindrance. Never mind an unlikely SHTF scenario. But if it happens, you'll be an asset, not a burden.

God bless America

and wear gloves, because if you lose your hands, you become a liability instead of an asset.

Reactions: TACC
You guys are ridiculous. You think that IF they get around to banning a subset of firearms that society will fall apart at the seams? Suggesting wilderness training, finding a potable water source and bugging out to the mountains of Virginia is absolutely ludicrous.

These threads always devolve into madness.

There are already a multitude of counties in Virginia claiming to be sanctuary cities WITH the support of law enforcement. If you really are going to go to these extremes, moving to one of those counties would be a lot more realistic of a scenario.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
You guys are ridiculous. You think that IF they get around to banning a subset of firearms that society will fall apart at the seams? Suggesting wilderness training, finding a potable water source and bugging out to the mountains of Virginia is absolutely ludicrous.

There are already a multitude of counties in Virginia claiming to be sanctuary cities WITH the support of law enforcement. If you really are going to go to these extremes, moving to one of those counties would be a lot more realistic of a scenario.

well I wasn’t going to go as far as saying it being society falling apart, but i agree they post in this thread will get the OP killed for sure.
Even if you have skills that some of us have and setup phase lines and ambush points and somehow can kill entire swat team, you’d now will now have the entire long cock of the US gov coming to fuck you. Hard.

You’d be better of caching weapons, and save them for the real assholes...when ever that happens. Caching doesn’t mean in your basement.

Sanctuary laws don't mean squat. Especially at the county level. What about the city and state agencies thst will be willing to enforce the laws? If the sanctuary law is st a state level the federal agencies are always willing to enforce the federal laws as are there federal courts. The federal courts will just laugh at any sanctuary laws and say so what.

Training is never a bad idea for a situation you think you might find yourself in. Plus it can be fun lol

but let's say you have to travel across the wasteland, like denzel in Book of Eli.
even though i am having to carry it, i don't want to be picked off by scavengers with a .308 and be helpless to return fire.
i can find a golf cart for my shit. ?

I'd suggest if you are going to be "traveling across the wasteland" pulling a golf cart and hoping to be able to return effective fire while walking / stopping, when some scavengers ambush you from a distance with their .308 rifles, you are a character in a movie.

Don't expect that your opposition will always be hugely inferior to you, or that even if they are, they may not still be effective in their own stomping grounds against a single person or two.

My personal plan for if something does go down, is to try to appear as non threatening as possible and expend all possible energy / speed making up time in the first couple hours and then once folks start to be on the verge of stopping waiting for someone to come jumpstart their SUV, my plan is to hoof it the hard way through rough areas and avoid humans till I make it where I need to go.

Your plan may be very different depending on your AO, your objectives and your surroundings etc.

Sanctuary laws don't mean squat. Especially at the county level. What about the city and state agencies thst will be willing to enforce the laws? If the sanctuary law is st a state level the federal agencies are always willing to enforce the federal laws as are there federal courts. The federal courts will just laugh at any sanctuary laws and say so what.

Training is never a bad idea for a situation you think you might find yourself in. Plus it can be fun lol

Let me know if there’s a school that teaches you how to survive being overwhelmed and overran. Because that’s what’s going to happen. This isn’t a typical home defense against a singular threat, in which the law is on your side. This leads to a team of trained dudes making a dynamic entry into your ass when there’s a failure to comply, and going to prison...or more likely dying. Or even more likely bitching out and complying in the first place.

Reactions: 47guy
I'd suggest if you are going to be "traveling across the wasteland" pulling a golf cart and hoping to be able to return effective fire while walking / stopping, when some scavengers ambush you from a distance with their .308 rifles, you are a character in a movie.

Don't expect that your opposition will always be hugely inferior to you, or that even if they are, they may not still be effective in their own stomping grounds against a single person or two.

My personal plan for if something does go down, is to try to appear as non threatening as possible and expend all possible energy / speed making up time in the first couple hours and then once folks start to be on the verge of stopping waiting for someone to come jumpstart their SUV, my plan is to hoof it the hard way through rough areas and avoid humans till I make it where I need to go.

Your plan may be very different depending on your AO, your objectives and your surroundings etc.

:p

well, the idea is pretty far fetched anyway, isn't it?
and the rifle would be mounted on the improvised golf cart, on an anvil ball head.

and i don't ever assume the opposition sucks, just the opposite. that's why i don't want to start with a caliber disadvantage.

that is also why i chose something like the Scar 20S for my "long range" engagement solution.
i would not trust my skills with a precision bolt gun, no matter how awesome, light or expensive.
I will instead rely on the 20's ability to put 10-20 rounds in the same ballpark very quickly. :cool:

[

I completely agree my initial post had nothing to do with SHTF and more of what would Feinstein pass if she could lol... but then it took on a life of it's own and we were all enjoying the conversation... oh and btw it's morethan just countries entire states have passed laws saying that they will not enforce any new national gun legislation... idaho and Texas are the two I remember but there are a few more.

Edit

It is good to think any though because when ubtjink it cant happen it can

Last edited:
Let me know if there’s a school that teaches you how to survive being overwhelmed and overran. Because that’s what’s going to happen. This isn’t a typical home defense against a singular threat, in which the law is on your side. This leads to a team of trained dudes making a dynamic entry into your ass when there’s a failure to comply, and going to prison...or more likely dying. Or even more likely bitching out and complying in the first place.

You leading any teams to dynamically enter anyone’s ass?

[

I completely agree my initial post had nothing to do with SHTF and more of what would Feinstein pass if she could lol... but then it took on a life of it's own and we were all enjoying the conversation... oh and btw it's morethan just countries entire states have passed laws saying that they will not enforce any new national gun legislation... idaho and Texas are the two I remember but there are a few more.
there is one sheriff or chief in virginia that says he will deputize thousands of residents if they pass some stupid ban.

If you are trying to prepare and get mags, ammo, semiautos, ect. Before a ban then it makes sense to prioritize the weapons that you would use to protect yourself and family in any given defense scenario from full on SHTF to an emergency or crisis that causes people to be scared for their abilities to provide food/water. I'm not saying it's likely but if they ban "assault weapons" a year or five from now who knows what could happen in the next 20 or 30 years that makes you wish you had gotten one while you could... not to mention the philosophical reasons. It's my belief that as a country founded by people who fought and died against overwhelming opposition for their right to freedom and all those who have came before that it is our responsibility to own firearms and know how to use them if able. That's our strength as a country and where our power as a democracy comes from. The constitution has checks and balances for the different branches of govt but the second amendment is the american people's check and balance against govt.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
There are plenty of States where In State purchasing/selling to a private party without any checks is PERFECTLY LEGAL. Yes, liberals in those States trying to close private transactions for the reason of “keeping track” who has what. With that said, anyone with more than 4-5 firearms who does not have a simple $200 gun trust is simply foolish. Much easier to “take” guns from an individual vs a Trust - look it up. Trust has to be notarized ONLY and nobody but TRUSTEES have a copy of it, which contains inventory.
Legally (and I am in a Free State of Wisconsin) I own only one weapon- its my CCW G26. So if for whatever reason I need to surrender weapons I OWN - Glock will have to be turned in, rest- well, legally I am not an owner, simply a trustee...
Aside from NFA items, you can actually use your Trust for the purchase/transfer of Firearms at your FFL. Trust can be dissolved at any time too, btw - who the fuck knows what was in it and or where it went... Notary does not retain a copy, simply a record of what general document he/she notarized for whom and on what date and time.
Again, now-a-days you can get Firearms trust online for $200-300 last I have seen vs. $800+ we had to fo back in the day...

no idea how good it is or if its not but for 500 dollars + shipping

sitting in a kitchen and printing any part you want sounds pretty cool just needs barrels . no one but you knows what you want or are doing .

sitting in a kitchen and printing any part you want sounds pretty cool just needs barrels . no one but you knows what you want or are doing .
giphy.gif

500$ is the deposit the total cost is 2100$ if I remember and that only does 80% lowers/engraving... although it is a CNC machine so you could program it to make uppers and some other billet items as well it just has a very limited build space which is how they are able to sell it at such a low price and still be sturdy enough for metal work.
Honestly though if I were to go that route I would get a good lathe and a tormach 770... one thing I have been curious about however is if advanced 3d printing filaments like PEEK or the glass filled nylons would be strong enough to make a magazine body/follower with... if it is then I would also need spring coiling equipment... but all that would be VERY expensive. The tormach alone fully kitted is like 11k I think... trust me I have been down that rabbit hole already lol

I hunt, target shoot and fun shoot with 6.5x55 95% of the times. I use Lapua Naturalis for hunting (went away from SST due to poor and unreliable expansion at sub 70m) now exclusively. I shoot 3" groups with a number of my swedes at 800m. My deer hunting until recently (basically purchased 80acres and there are woods preventing longer than a 125m shot) was sitting at a ground blind, getting my tea and wait for the activity of deer at the hill above marsh grass 350-525m away from my ground spot. Family would come out and family would be harvested. Head shots are NOT something I do simply for the fact that we have CWD in our State and I rather not chance it - because all stuff we do not eat (vitals, trimmings, rib meat, etc.) - we process for dog/cat food (our pets are on the raw food diet). it takes about 40seconds for 3 unrushed shots where you can sever spine right where neck starts (so there is no meat loss), deer is dead/paralyzed instantly - no tracking involved. from that distance (400m) (and unsupressed BTW), they do NOT run away and just look with curiosity in the direction of the fallen comrade. I do NOT take marginal shots. I practice (benefits of having a private range with a max distance of 800m) with my rifles, I know my glass compensations, I invest in a quality glass and range finding equipment.
for 22lr I have bolt guns, however, found my Sig522 Target was so accurate out to 150m, that I bought a 2nd one - thats the one in the picture rabbit hunting (have to be head shots only or meat is damaged/contaminated). 556 - I prefer piston rifles - due to reliability, and I LOVE side charging handles. Sig556 will be my bug out rifle (folding stock, super reliable and the one I practice with the most). Custom DPMS Recon LR308 - well, after pretty much EVERYTHING changed out and upgraded and Steiner 3lbs military tube on it - yes, its an accurate rifle in a semi-auto platform, however, not my favorite. If I could have a side charger (similar to Sig556) in 6.5x55 - it would be my dream weapon - put a 1:8 Krieger 5R on it and it would be something, however, it will be a toy more so than a practical weapon. HK91 and HK93 are likely the MOST practical (aside from magazine costs) pair for someone to consider as far as identical platforms AND accuracy - super durable, heavy, but will take an abuse in a SHTF scenario. with that said - 55gr is the max for the HK93, otherwise they keyhole. So 62gr stockpile is not exactly friendly for HK barrel twists. FN15 Competition for $2k - needs nothing but glass, terrific performer (I am in love with flared mag well now :) ) and an accurate shooter with a match single stage Timney right out of the box - well, it has its drawbacks for me too - like a M4 style charging handle and LR optics relation...
South Korean Daewoo is the best of all worlds in 556 :) in my opinion, but where do you buy em now, unless you already have one.

defensive 556 round??? what is that? 556 is a close quarter with multiple covers weapon, in my opinion. Anyone capable of an accurate shot from 200-1000m away will take you out before you can even stuff your loaded magazines into your carrier. I do not practice my 556 weapons beyond 150m, but we all have a 'technique'...

Sweet Jesus. Save some pussy for the rest of us.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsp556 and The DFC
I was going to say the OP was from Virginia, but I see he's from WA state. In VA, it's a very real possibility, with no grandfather provisions. Not good....
NY imposed the NY SAFE ACT in 2013. Was passed over night after hours... In the 30 days deadline before shops had to stop selling certain semi firearms, more people went on a shopping spree. Lets just say we now have more criminals under the new law than ever before. All law abiding firearm owners HAVE HAD ENOUGH w BIG GOV CONTROL!!! Confiscation of said certain firearms is in the horizon in some states.

NY imposed the NY SAFE ACT in 2013. Was passed over night after hours... In the 30 days deadline before shops had to stop selling certain semi firearms, more people went on a shopping spree. Lets just say we now have more criminals under the new law than ever before. All law abiding firearm owners HAVE HAD ENOUGH w BIG GOV CONTROL!!! Confiscation of said certain firearms is in the horizon in some states.
Confincastion by who the cops who by and large support the second amendment? The military who again by and large support the second amendment? There is a massive leap from bans with grandfather clauses or even bans with mandatory buybacks and confiscation... I cant imagine that even half of LE would be willing to kick in doors for it... maybe in another 20 years but not now.

I do think a standard capacity magazine ban is coming and I do think they will try to pass another assault weapons ban if not on a national level then certainly on a WA level and we do not know when this could happen.

Not our local DP or State Troopers. Only way i could see this happening is on a Federal ban w UN troop support.

It depends on what you are going for.

If you go back to the 94' AWB, and you wanted to make $, I'd just buy all the hi-cap magpul AR15 and OEM glock mags you can get. Don't mess with anything more specific. Back in the 94' ban hi-cap used glock makes sold for $150, new for almost $200. I'm sure these days cheap lowers would also be a huge profit they just were not common then. Banned guns would be great too, but that's a bigger investment. The anti-gun peeps learned their lesson in 94' about what didn't work, so I think you'll see them add a non-transfer clause. So then you are SOL cause you can't sell them.

*IF* you are looking for your own future use, I look more to Obama's lessons learned and expand on it. Ammo was crazy expensive and for a long time some calibers were basically impossible to find. So #1 is buy enough ammo/reloading gear to cover your shooting for a LONG time, panic buying is going to happen again next year before the election and for months/years after if a democrat wins. That's without any actual legislation. So I'd say ammo, lowers, and mags, in addition to anything else they frequently talk about as being "bad" or as defining a "assault weapon" with: pistol grips, collapsible stocks, muzzle devices (even just flash suppressors/compensators), forward grips, etc.. Also if you are not selling them, you don't need nearly as many mags as you think you do. I used to think I needed huge stockpiles of mags for every gun but some of those guns I've used the same 4-6 mags for a couple decades with tens of thousands of rounds of use, just with a couple spring/follower replacements and they are fine. Maybe grab some mag rebuild kits.

If they pass no-grandfather clause, confiscation, or mandatory buy-back legislation you're screwed no matter what they do. For that reason IMO it's best to just not worry about it because there's no way to really prepare for it. I guess aside stockpile guns, mags, and ammo without any paper trail bought with cash and only in stores without cameras and take them to your mountain cabin and bury them in a connex.

Not our local DP or State Troopers. Only way i could see this happening is on a Federal ban w UN troop support.
UN soldiers telling US citizens, veterans and even active duty military they dont have the right to bear arms... if it ever got bad enough that the Govt would actually allow the UN to try and do that we would already be so close to civil war I dont think the UN would want to risk getting in the middle of it.

I dont even know how this thread went from what should I buy in june to SHTF super snipers and UN invasions lmao. I love it

It depends on what you are going for.

If you go back to the 94' AWB, and you wanted to make $, I'd just buy all the hi-cap magpul AR15 and OEM glock mags you can get. Don't mess with anything more specific. Back in the 94' ban hi-cap used glock makes sold for $150, new for almost $200. I'm sure these days cheap lowers would also be a huge profit they just were not common then. Banned guns would be great too, but that's a bigger investment. The anti-gun peeps learned their lesson in 94' about what didn't work, so I think you'll see them add a non-transfer clause. So then you are SOL cause you can't sell them.

*IF* you are looking for your own future use, I look more to Obama's lessons learned and expand on it. Ammo was crazy expensive and for a long time some calibers were basically impossible to find. So #1 is buy enough ammo/reloading gear to cover your shooting for a LONG time, panic buying is going to happen again next year before the election and for months/years after if a democrat wins. That's without any actual legislation. So I'd say ammo, lowers, and mags, in addition to anything else they frequently talk about as being "bad" or as defining a "assault weapon" with: pistol grips, collapsible stocks, muzzle devices (even just flash suppressors/compensators), forward grips, etc.. Also if you are not selling them, you don't need nearly as many mags as you think you do. I used to think I needed huge stockpiles of mags for every gun but some of those guns I've used the same 4-6 mags for a couple decades with tens of thousands of rounds of use, just with a couple spring/follower replacements and they are fine. Maybe grab some mag rebuild kits.

If they pass no-grandfather clause, confiscation, or mandatory buy-back legislation you're screwed no matter what they do. For that reason IMO it's best to just not worry about it because there's no way to really prepare for it. I guess aside stockpile guns, mags, and ammo without any paper trail bought with cash and only in stores without cameras and take them to your mountain cabin and bury them in a connex.
Very good info thank you and yeah after hearing everyone out It seemed like everyone's opinion was I should just get out and shoot and stop overthinking it all.

UN soldiers telling US citizens, veterans and even active duty military they dont have the right to bear arms... if it ever got bad enough that the Govt would actually allow the UN to try and do that we would already be so close to civil war I dont think the UN would want to risk getting in the middle of it.

Youd be supprised how poplular of a idea that actual is. people in Europe actually think that's what America needs is a disarmament and a UN intervetion.

Scott

Reactions: BCX
I dont even know how this thread went from what should I buy in june to SHTF super snipers and UN invasions lmao. I love it

Was my thoughts exactly.....

$3K budget I'd buy one top tier AR like an LMT MRP for around $1500, and a basic M4 style (would also buy an LMT one) for $900 or so, and then spend the rest on high quality metal mags.

I wouldn't worry about spare parts at first. They aren't serialized or date stamped and manufacturers aren't going to start doing that for a couple commie states. You can always drive across the line for those. I'd get the shit they're going to ban and can actually prove when it was made/bought.

Youd be supprised how poplular of a idea that actual is. people in Europe actually think that's what America needs is a disarmament and a UN intervetion.

Scott
America prides itself on being a country that TOOK its freedom and independence from a tyrannical govt and the second amendment not only protects our rights and reserves our option to overthrow another tyrannical govt but I feel it also connects us to our past and our patriotism. I have no doubt that there is support for it especially in European countries who have historically had vastly different philosophies on the rights of man and a persons relationship with society. I just do not see it going peacefully if it ever were to actually happen.

@ToddM Brought up a really good point though about magazines. How long does lancer L7 AWM .308 mags and magpul/lancer 5.56 mags typically last everyone.

Scott

Killing foreign invaders on your home soil & those that collaborate with them is righteous slaughter.

@ToddM Brought up a really good point though about magazines. How long does lancer L7 AWM .308 mags and magpul/lancer 5.56 mags typically last everyone.

Plastic is always going to degrade faster than metal mags, but it's going to take a long time. Biggest issue with plastic mags (magpul, TD) are the feed lips. I have quite a few well used magpuls that the feed lips are stretched out wider than whore pussy. They still seem to run fine but you can't begin to get a dust cover on, and if you drop a loaded one even a few inches several rounds will pop out. Eventually they'll be to the point where they won't retain rounds. I've never seen anyone wear out a metal mag. They're practically indestructible aside from running them over or taking a hammer to them.

Lancer mags are great because they have metal feed lips which eliminate this issue. I'm still a fan of a high quality metal mag paired with a Magpul enhanced follower though.

Reactions: RTV
America prides itself on being a country that TOOK its freedom and independence from a tyrannical govt and the second amendment not only protects our rights and reserves our option to overthrow another tyrannical govt but I feel it also connects us to our past and our patriotism. I have no doubt that there is support for it especially in European countries who have historically had vastly different philosophies on the rights of man and a persons relationship with society. I just do not see it going peacefully if it ever were to actually happen.
Nor do i!!!!! There will major bloodshed. The way all these new gun control laws are heading,,,, we all are criminals for what we purchased lawfully. Im not giving anything up.

I have never had rounds pop out of a Pmag when dropped. Not saying it can’t happen but I’ve never seen it.

I have had magpul pmag feed lips spread to the point where they were double feeding. Sustained high rates of fire seem to affect the mag lips by heating them up substantially.

I have had magpul pmag feed lips spread to the point where they were double feeding. Sustained high rates of fire seem to affect the mag lips by heating them up substantially.
Hmm I could see that I'm in no way a thermoplastic expert however I have heard that magazines/plastic gun parts in general are made of glass filles nylon polymers with extra secret sauces mixed in depending on manufacture. Maybe after getting heated up it causes the glass to lose some of its rigidity leaving the polymer all by it's more elastic lonesome self.