• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gearing Up Before a Ban

If you're geared then learn fieldcraft and take tactical weapons training classes. All that info you can carry around with no weight penalty, and it won't matter how many guns you have if you can't get out of a shitty situation or don't have the confidence to fight.
This,..^^^^^

We have a class for the FNG's we take into our group from time to time. Their experience runs from nothing to extremely so. Those that think they know something are the ones who bring cannons to a knife fight. When their indoc is over they have a different view of what is real world vs B/S they think they know. Before hand the bulk of that kind could be give a 50bmg an still be easily killed with a 22 pistol. We laugh at all the shit they bring to their first training session an quickly show them the error of their ways. Training,...Training,...an more Training,... is the key to sucking air w/o leaking past contact.

Last edited:
Kind of late to the party. Washington is following Virginia's lead. Since Northam wasn't talking grandfathering, and even now that he is, I'd guess ammo. Logically, why buy something you may not be able to keep?

Kind of late to the party. Washington is following Virginia's lead. Since Northam wasn't talking grandfathering, and even now that he is, I'd guess ammo. Logically, why buy something you may not be able to keep?

You will be able to keep it was the general consensus.... think california as a worst case scenario

Will you follow an illegal order?
Obey an illegal law?
Might makes right so they can put us in prison or kill us over it.
Everyone must decide what freedom and the Constitution is worth to them.
I have already made my commitment with an oath that I take very seriously.

Reactions: DTF370
Will you follow an illegal order?
Obey an illegal law?
Might makes right so they can put us in prison or kill us over it.
Everyone must decide what freedom and the Constitution is worth to them.
I have already made my commitment with an oath that I take very seriously.
Exactly my point only an idiot would try taking guns away in this country... at this current time 76 out of the 95 counties in Virginia have declared themselves second ammendment sanctuaries.

Exactly my point only an idiot would try taking guns away in this country... at this current time 76 out of the 95 counties in Virginia have declared themselves second ammendment sanctuaries.
While deploying a National Guard does NOT violate a Posse Comitatus Act, one has to wonder what type of public resistance and guard refusals it will trigger???
More reasons for VA residents to stock up on ammunition/magazines and reloading supplies

If any Democrat looks to be leading in the polls, June will be too late. Prices will be higher and inventories very slim. You should really try to complete your purchases by the end of this month if you can.

While deploying a National Guard does NOT violate a Posse Comitatus Act, one has to wonder what type of public resistance and guard refusals it will trigger???
More reasons for VA residents to stock up on ammunition/magazines and reloading supplies

I think it depends on who activates them. The Posse Comitatus Act applies to federal troops. The National Guard is under control of the state govenors under normal circumstances. So if a Govenor decides to deploy the National Guard the Posse Comitatus Act wouldn't apply.

If the National Guard is activated by the President then it's a different story.

If any Democrat looks to be leading in the polls, June will be too late. Prices will be higher and inventories very slim. You should really try to complete your purchases by the end of this month if you can.
Not a chance at that one unfortunately. All of my spare money right now is going towards other things for the family. It wouldnt be until june that I could spend some "me" cash.

If you have protection items, your next required items are food, water, an med supplys. Having a room full of guns makes you a bigger target, besides if you have to book you may not have the time to haul all that iron. Best to have it in the ground w/it's food at all points of the compass any way. That way if it's time to do what they have pushed you into, you escaped or been released,...then it's to be the best you can be with the tools you know best.

How far are we talking here? Men far more smart and prepared have replied, but study history. Powder, lead, rum, meds, spices.

All joking aside. I think they will ban primers. Start learning how to make your own small rifle primers.

I hope I'm wrong!

E

Reactions: gunsnjeeps
Start learning how to make your own small rifle primers.
My grandfather taught me how to reload 22lr in 1957 with die's he made at the onset of the depression. The priming mix he/we made/used, had ground glass in it. A simpler recipe is on the net but you have to search shotgun priming mix to find it. I do not remember ever having a single issue with his recipe but his was slightly different than whats on the net these days. Remember as long as it's wet you can bang it with a hammer, dry an you might lose some meat,..LOL

I’m pretty impressed with this community. All great advice above. What stands out to me is you need to do some soul searching. I see it as three options:

1) Defend your freedoms. When politics fail we will be the price. If this is your route invest in a warriors setup to include medical, food, ammo, and spare weapons. Make it reconnect with friends that have wartime experience or at least actual (not YouTube) training.

2) Invest and be passive. Don’t fight, but passively evade an AWB. Invest in lowers, mags, ammo, etc. Learn long term storage in covert locations. Ride it out and hope it all blows over.

3) Cut ties with “assault weapon” investments and focus on what snipershide does best, shooting tiny holes from a long ways away. reminisce on the good ol days and miss the freedoms we once had.

Honestly, it depends on where you draw the line. Personally, coming from a law enforcement background, I don’t see law enforcement or any branch of our military coming to take your guns. We are oath keepers and we will never turn our back on the constitution to appease a politician, EVEN if our career, paycheck, or freedom is on the line. Believe it or not, “We the people” have a lot of power. To be effective with that power you cannot stand alone.

Virginia’s proposed law is horrendous. Everybody is focused on the 2nd amendment part. That is important but what is arguably more important, it is a direct violation of the 14th amendment, Due process. That spans a hell of a lot more than just the second amendment. I don’t believe it will pass, but even the idea that they’re attacking both the 2nd and the 14th are deliberate attacks on our citizens. Not cool.

I think it depends on who activates them. The Posse Comitatus Act applies to federal troops. The National Guard is under control of the state govenors under normal circumstances. So if a Govenor decides to deploy the National Guard the Posse Comitatus Act wouldn't apply.

If the National Guard is activated by the President then it's a different story.
I might be wrong (I am not a Constitutional scholar or rights attorney) but I think I remember reading somewhere that USAF and USMC are technically exempt from Posse Comitatus Act, something about when it was established/became a branch of military.

I’m pretty impressed with this community. All great advice above. What stands out to me is you need to do some soul searching. I see it as three options:

1) Defend your freedoms. When politics fail we will be the price. If this is your route invest in a warriors setup to include medical, food, ammo, and spare weapons. Make it reconnect with friends that have wartime experience or at least actual (not YouTube) training.

2) Invest and be passive. Don’t fight, but passively evade an AWB. Invest in lowers, mags, ammo, etc. Learn long term storage in covert locations. Ride it out and hope it all blows over.

3) Cut ties with “assault weapon” investments and focus on what snipershide does best, shooting tiny holes from a long ways away. reminisce on the good ol days and miss the freedoms we once had.

Honestly, it depends on where you draw the line. Personally, coming from a law enforcement background, I don’t see law enforcement or any branch of our military coming to take your guns. We are oath keepers and we will never turn our back on the constitution to appease a politician, EVEN if our career, paycheck, or freedom is on the line. Believe it or not, “We the people” have a lot of power. To be effective with that power you cannot stand alone.

Virginia’s proposed law is horrendous. Everybody is focused on the 2nd amendment part. That is important but what is arguably more important, it is a direct violation of the 14th amendment, Due process. That spans a hell of a lot more than just the second amendment. I don’t believe it will pass, but even the idea that they’re attacking both the 2nd and the 14th are deliberate attacks on our citizens. Not cool.

Pretty good stuff. Americans have a fighting spirit in their DNA literally-look at how the Country was founded in the first place. The question in my mind is how watered down is it these days? My guess is it's probably proportional to 2nd Amendment support which seems to be less and less due to many reasons.

I like your point though-at the end of the day it will take somebody like us to physically come and attempt to take our guns. I would never want to come and take your guns-not matter what.

• Love
I might be wrong (I am not a Constitutional scholar or rights attorney) but I think I remember reading somewhere that USAF and USMC are technically exempt from Posse Comitatus Act, something about when it was established/became a branch of military.

No, the Marine Corps is not exempt from Posse Comitatus, and a commander who tried to go against his oath would have a hard time getting all of his staff and subordinates to buy in. I am not in the Air Force but I don't think they are exempt either.

Posse Comitatus is full of holes. It was passed to end reconstruction and they’ve made a lot of exemptions since. For instance the use of the Airborne by President Eisenhower to protect black students going to newly integrated schools was completely lawful.

FIFY, and the logical answer is readily apparent

FIFY? Not familiar with that shorthand.

As for my answer I have guns, I don't "need" to buy more. Even with rolling my own, the only times you can have too much ammo is if you are drowning or on fire. Also, I try not to make comments that can lead to "premeditated" being used.

Other thoughts from here, Primers and spices seem well thought out for the long haul, the legal order arguement comes up often, most E4 and below don't know the difference. In the 90's 1 in 5 Marines surveyed would confiscate civilian arms if told to.

I agree, wasnt it that same bill that tries classifies 2nd amendment open carry protests as "illegal paramilitary activity." I dont know how it could be more clear that your rights are only as unalienable as your determination to keep them.

To answer your question. Shooting tiny holes from a long ways away is a hobby of mine however I also value the defensive aspects of firearms ownership.

My grandfather taught me how to reload 22lr in 1957 with die's he made at the onset of the depression. The priming mix he/we made/used, had ground glass in it. A simpler recipe is on the net but you have to search shotgun priming mix to find it. I do not remember ever having a single issue with his recipe but his was slightly different than whats on the net these days. Remember as long as it's wet you can bang it with a hammer, dry an you might lose some meat,..LOL

I'm a little abstract with my posts (being sarc). You are on top of things. Lack of Primers will limit most folks to muskets

ETA: I vote one way and only one way. Pro2A. This ensures the rest. Vote wisely my Brothers.

E

Last edited:
I'm a little abstract with my posts (being sarc). You are on top of things. Lack of Primers will limit most folks to muskets

E
If guns are ever force-ably removed for Americans,... True Americans will weaponize very common items, an the tyrants will not survive the encounter. Uncle trained many on the how to for export only, but that ability does not flush from your system/brain when you revert to civi rags. The things that can be made with shelf items can exceed the wildest dreams of hollyweird. Hard to stop what you can't smell, taste, see, feel, or hear before it too late. A gun is but a simple convenient tool of the untrained,...

Last edited:
while I would agree that being prepared is a good thing .. worring about something that may or may not happen is like worring about what's for dinner a month in advance . If a ban happens the bigger choices are are you going to comply or buck the system can you move your guns to a more gun friendly place that you could shoot them again or store safely till you need them ? stocking up and spending all that money seems silly if you plan to turn them over with out a fight . But what ever you deside do it before they change the law rather than scrambling around after .

It is not hard to buy a sleeve of 5,000 primers now.
Hell, even 1,000 primers is more than anyone will ever need for a revolution.
If your unit is successful you will capture what you need and if not successful a lifetime supply might be about half a mag of ammo.

Encourage all who are loyal to the Constitution to get out and vote. It is a hell of a lot easier than the alternative.

• Love
Reactions: RTV and DTF370
while I would agree that being prepared is a good thing .. worring about something that may or may not happen is like worring about what's for dinner a month in advance . If a ban happens the bigger choices are are you going to comply or buck the system can you move your guns to a more gun friendly place that you could shoot them again or store safely till you need them ? stocking up and spending all that money seems silly if you plan to turn them over with out a fight . But what ever you deside do it before they change the law rather than scrambling around after .

I'm not throwing stones Brother. Me being prepared is not an indication of me being worried. My dinner is arranged 1 month in advance. Having one's "supplies" in order is a great CYA

It is not hard to buy a sleeve of 5,000 primers now.
Hell, even 1,000 primers is more than anyone will ever need for a revolution.
If your unit is successful you will capture what you need and if not successful a lifetime supply might be about half a mag of ammo.

Encourage all who are loyal to the Constitution to get out and vote. It is a hell of a lot easier than the alternative.

Constitution! We all can help one another. Stack those DEEP.

A few observations from this crippled old fart:

1. During Hurricane Katrina, at the height of the illegal searching and seizing, most National Guard troops were from out of state. There is a video on YouTube of them interviewing an Oklahoma unit...those are supposed to be good ol' boys...guess what? One mentioned possibly having to shoot civilians. Don't believe me, YouTube search Katrina gun confiscation and watch some of the videos...you WILL get pissed off.

2. As a retired Marine, I had several heated exchanges with otherwise solid warfighters over this very hypothetical situation over the years. "You have to follow orders" was a very common response. I told them that I loved them like a brother, but I'd kill them over the Constitution. Don't think for a minute that the overwhelming majority of military members would back you or your Constituional rights. 95 percent of the troops in the military can't even tell you how many Articles of the Constituion or Amendments there are...something we swore to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic.

I don't even want to go any further...

1. During Hurricane Katrina, at the height of the illegal searching and seizing, most National Guard troops were from out of state. There is a video on YouTube of them interviewing an Oklahoma unit...those are supposed to be good ol' boys...guess what? One mentioned possibly having to shoot civilians. Don't believe me, YouTube search Katrina gun confiscation and watch some of the videos...you WILL get pissed off.

2. As a retired Marine, I had several heated exchanges with otherwise solid warfighters over this very hypothetical situation over the years. "You have to follow orders" was a very common response. I told them that I loved them like a brother, but I'd kill them over the Constitution. Don't think for a minute that the overwhelming majority of military members would back you or your Constituional rights. 95 percent of the troops in the military can't even tell you how many Articles of the Constituion or Amendments there are...something we swore to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic.

It's not the Constitution that will stop these guys. It's them knowing that while they are following orders to attack or suppress a town, another unit is doing the same to their families in their home towns. It's easy enough as long as it's one city, or even a few. But once it's all over the country, most serviceman will desert and go home to defend their families.

This is why there is a chain of command and the brain wizards at the top will make informed decisions and roll it down the hill-at least we all hope. Excellent point. Most people in the USA know nothing about the Constitution though and since it's not taught in schools from what I've seen it is trending towards less and less people. Life is too good for most-they have no idea how hard and how many people fought, sacrificed, and died to make the USA what it is.

This is why there is a chain of command and the brain wizards at the top will make informed decisions and roll it down the hill-at least we all hope. Excellent point. Most people in the USA know nothing about the Constitution though and since it's not taught in schools from what I've seen it is trending towards less and less people. Life is too good for most-they have no idea how hard and how many people fought, sacrificed, and died to make the USA what it is.

Bad news boss man, a lot of the chain of command are just as bad. I worked for an O6 that felt that the only guns an American citizen should have were muzzle loaders...that O6 later became the Assistant Division Commander for the entire 2D Marine Division.

He and I had some much more professional debates while we worked in our holes in the Pentagon, but his influence far and away exceeded mine. The worst part was seeing the career-minded O4-O5 ranks roll over and simply agree with the Colonel (on all subjects) in order to preserve their Fitness Reports (evaluations that determine promotions), even though they may have thought otherwise about a particular subject.

There was a Company Commander at my final unit that believed citizens had no rights to guns...this is a trend now.

Am I jaded about what my beloved Corps has come to? You betcha. Do I believe it is far worse in other branches? You betcha again.

There are still many patriots in the military ranks, but just like society's shift, it's happening to the warfighters too.

Bad news boss man, a lot of the chain of command are just as bad. I worked for an O6 that felt that the only guns an American citizen should have were muzzle loaders...that O6 later became the Assistant Division Commander for the entire 2D Marine Division.

He and I had some much more professional debates while we worked in our holes in the Pentagon, but his influence far and away exceeded mine. The worst part was seeing the career-minded O4-O5 ranks roll over and simply agree with the Colonel (on all subjects) in order to preserve their Fitness Reports (evaluations that determine promotions), even though they may have thought otherwise about a particular subject.

There was a Company Commander at my final unit that believed citizens had no rights to guns...this is a trend now.

Am I jaded about what my beloved Corps has come to? You betcha. Do I believe it is far worse in other branches? You betcha again.

There are still many patriots in the military ranks, but just like society's shift, it's happening to the warfighters too.

I'm aware-you're not the only one who's served you savvy.

FIFY? Not familiar with that shorthand.

As for my answer I have guns, I don't "need" to buy more. Even with rolling my own, the only times you can have too much ammo is if you are drowning or on fire. Also, I try not to make comments that can lead to "premeditated" being used.

Other thoughts from here, Primers and spices seem well thought out for the long haul, the legal order arguement comes up often, most E4 and below don't know the difference. In the 90's 1 in 5 Marines surveyed would confiscate civilian arms if told to.
FIFY is a common abbreviation for "Fixed It For You."

As for the other part of your post, you seem to be reading something that isn't there. Compliance with these laws in the past has been very low in places like NY.

FIFY is a common abbreviation for "Fixed It For You."

As for the other part of your post, you seem to be reading something that isn't there. Compliance with these laws in the past has been very low in places like NY.

Thanks, for the definition. I agree with your correction. I can see where my short answer wasn't clear and how it can be taken for compliance. I don't see much compliance planned in Virginia either. My advice would be ammo for a gun you have rather than buying a gun at the last minute. I'm not sure about reloading supplies as some have indicated, time to assemble becomes an issue.

Personally, coming from a law enforcement background, I don’t see law enforcement or any branch of our military coming to take your guns.

I don't fully agree with that at all; both groups are trained to follow orders, & while there may be some % that won't, the majority of them will. The last significant confrontation between LE / NG & civilians was at Kent State & unarmed people were killed by those following & obeying orders.

I hope you are right on this one but the DemonRats are determined.

I have a son at Norfolk & I'll be glad when he's out of VA for good.

MM

Truth, & it's a growing trend.

MM

Mm and diggler.

We've been going backwards a long time. The slow "conditioning" of folks has placed "individuals" in places that can be (would be) an issue.

They don't have a family unit to worry about being subjugated. Therefore, they will carry on as "directed".

This should be obvious based on the general public's actions/reactions.

E

Reactions: diggler1833

Unfortunately that makes all too much sense... i remember reading about a warning from a president a out what happens when you have an all volunteer military is that people tend to self separate themselves into military and civilian classes with the majority coming from military families... eventually what happens is those two classes become distinct enough for it to become and "us" and "them" situation which is all bad for the "them"... one can only hope that the military when faced with their own rights being taken decide the "them" is the people threatening their liberty.

Does anyone have anymore info on this? I tired finding it again but could not and would love to get a good reference material for it.

Unfortunately that makes all too much sense... i remember reading about a warning from a president a out what happens when you have an all volunteer military is that people tend to self separate themselves into military and civilian classes with the majority coming from military families... eventually what happens is those two classes become distinct enough for it to become and "us" and "them" situation which is all bad for the "them"... one can only hope that the military when faced with their own rights being taken decide the "them" is the people threatening their liberty.

Does anyone have anymore info on this? I tired finding it again but could not and would love to get a good reference material for it.