• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Gas Gun Challenge (Eastern Pennsylvania) 2020 Match Schedule

JayB

Another Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2017
Geissele Gas Gun Challenge series is entering its fourth year in 2020. This year there are currently 5 scheduled matches and a finale. Match 1 through 5 this year will be held at New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club in Gap, PA, while the finale will be held at Miffilin County Sportsman Association in Lewistown, PA. This match is sponsored by Geissele Automatics and others.

Match schedules are as following:

Match 1. Jan 28
Match 2. Feb 8
Match 3. June 27 (Pro/AM)
Match 4. Aug 15
Match 5. Oct 25 (New Date)
Finale. Oct 31

Practiscore registrations are open for these matches at least 4 weeks before each match and stays open until the Friday night before.

There are 3 divisions this year:
  • Open: any caliber up to .30, max 3,200fps
  • Tactical: 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem caliber up to 77 gr bullet, max 3000 fps., or 7.62 NATO/308 Win up to 178 gr bullet, max 2800 fps.
  • RECCE: Restricted Tactical with up to 8x optics, 18" max barrel, no bipod allowed and 1 bag max.
Round count varies from 120 to 175. 6 - 10 stages. Match fee is $30. We stretch out up to 700 yard and target size is usually 2 MOA or larger. Most competitors use a precision gas gun, but bolt guns can be competitive.

PS link https://practiscore.com/clubs/geissele_gas_gun_challenge

Last edited:
Registration for Match 3 of the season opens in 2 weeks on 2/25.

RECCE division is added again. See the first post of the thread.

Also the April match is Pro/AM.

I'm sad I missed the one this past weekend - sounds like it was challenging. Hopefully I can make the next one.

How's the pro/am event structured?

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing back the Recce! Now, what does ProAm mean?

Pro shooters are experienced. AM are completely new to the sports or relatively inexperienced. And yes RECCE is back by request.

Last edited:
I'm sad I missed the one this past weekend - sounds like it was challenfing. Hopefully I can make the next one.

How's the pro/am event structured?

I don't have all the details but generally speaking, a Pro will be teamed up with an AM. Pro and AM may or may not shoot the same COF, it's up to the Match Director. AM will be scored separately from the Pros. AM likely will have separate prize table from Pros as well.

Last edited:
Going to try and sign up for the ProAM in April. Are the rest of the matches still ok to do as a beginner or should I stick with the ProAM? It'll be my first PRS style match.

Going to try and sign up for the ProAM in April. Are the rest of the matches still ok to do as a beginner or should I stick with the ProAM? It'll be my first PRS style match.
The rest of the matches will not be ProAM match but you can definitely shoot. Most people starting out will get significantly better by the end of the season. Good luck!

Anyone know if the April match is still on? Nothing on their Facebook page to indicate otherwise.

Anyone know if the April match is still on? Nothing on their Facebook page to indicate otherwise.
At this rate it may not happen. NHRPC just sent an email saying their waiver request to reopen the range has been denied. If range remains closed I don't see how the match could happen.

At this rate it may not happen. NHRPC just sent an email saying their waiver request to reopen the range has been denied. If range remains closed I don't see how the match could happen.

Well shit. I thought the DHS memo said gun ranges and stores were considered essential business.

Now I gotta get out and practice. Been spending the last couple months not at the club...oh so conveniently just when it was starting to get warm we got blocked by the beer flu scare.

How do we find the SH members? Im a big boy w shaved hd/goatee, hard to miss. I'll have a LMSS on a tripod watching.

Ehh we should've made SH t-shirts or something. I'm a tall bald dude with a short beard. I'll probably be the one bombing all the stages. Lol

• Wow
Reactions: CageFighter
I'll be there. Shooting AM RECCE. First match of this type. Does RECCE shoot the same COF as Tactical/Open divisions?

I shot the Pro-Am last year and the COF was the same. I'm signed up for this year but have a schedule conflict and will miss the match.

Thanks. What yardage were you guys shooting? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated for a beginner shooting RECCE class.

At New Holland the max range is 700 yards and it is a full size IPSC steel target. Most targets are with in 300 - 635 yards. The organizers seem to like 400 yard movers. The GGG matches are laid back and fun. Expect some unusual shooting positions.

Does anyone know if vertical fore grips are allowed in the RECCE class?

Nevermind. Found the answer 😁

Last edited:
Bring it and shoot it. This is a fun match and not taken all that seriously. It is designed for beginners. The chance to shoot the mover alone, is worth the entry fee.
no optics & limited longer range shooting experience! :cry: i preferred CQB style.

Last edited:
Targets out to 600. Mover at 300. These are always fun.

It’s going to be hot with possible storms in the afternoon. Bring lots of water, be on time and ready to go so we can try to avoid the worst heat and afternoon storms.

Reactions: bllistc
Targets out to 600. Mover at 300. These are always fun.

It’s going to be hot with possible storms in the afternoon. Bring lots of water, be on time and ready to go so we can try to avoid the worst heat and afternoon storms.

Just got an email that there’s gonna be pistol stages. Any round count estimate for pistols?

I’m bringing two recce rifles for anyone who wants to shoot this match. Ammo on me as well, just show up.

Reactions: CageFighter