• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Gas Gun Challenge (Eastern Pennsylvania) 2020 Match Schedule

Thinking about giving it a try. Never shot a match before.
Anyone know if this also includes handgun?

I do not have a spotter.
Do have a range finder Leupold RX2800

Rifle options are:

DPMS 308 18" with 3.6-18 Mark 5 & Atlas BP
or
AR 15 16" with primary arms 1-6 ACSS Raptor (with or without Atlas BP)

@357Max either one of those would work fine. Ideally you want at least a 2 MOA gun. Most targets are full or 3/4 size IPSCs. Check to see how your ammo lines up with the BDC in the ACSS and you should be good. There were several guys running AGOGs and other BDC optics.

I would strongly encourage just going out and shooting the match. I just started this year and it’s been awesome and I’ve learned a lot. You don’t need to bring a spotter and people will most likely offer you their equipment to use if you need it. Just let them know it’s your first time, be safe and have fun. I’m working this weekend but I’ll be shooting on 10/31 at the finale at MSCA.

Reactions: CageFighter
@357Max either one of those would work fine. Ideally you want at least a 2 MOA gun. Most targets are full or 3/4 size IPSCs. Check to see how your ammo lines up with the BDC in the ACSS and you should be good. There were several guys running AGOGs and other BDC optics.

I would strongly encourage just going out and shooting the match. I just started this year and it’s been awesome and I’ve learned a lot. You don’t need to bring a spotter and people will most likely offer you their equipment to use if you need it. Just let them know it’s your first time, be safe and have fun. I’m working this weekend but I’ll be shooting on 10/31 at the finale at MSCA.

Thanks for the reply. I just registered Any other Hiders registered I could squad with????

The ACSS is a 5.56 reticle version, but I haven't ever shot it past 300 (lined up @ 300). I'd have to use 55 grain as that's all I have on hand. It's about a 1-1/2MOA gun with std 55 grain ammo.

The 308 is a legit 1/2-3/4" MOA with either 168 or 175 FGMM.

Talked myself into bringing both.

Reactions: CageFighter
I’ll be there.

These are great matches for new competitors. Almost everyone is helpful and willing to loan out bags or whatever for a stage.

@357Max bring the gun you shoot best in positions other than bench or prone. The guns accuracy is not necessarily as important as the combined effectiveness of you and the gun together in awkward position, movement, and timed stress.

Or, bring the gun you’ll have more fun shooting.

Ultimately, these matches are about learning and having a good time. Show up with an open mind. It takes a few matches to refine the gear and how you set it up for these matches.

We have dates for 2021. Details are still being worked out. I'll post the dates and locations once finalized.
@JayB - I did shoot the Oct. Match Heavy Tac and it was a blast. Looking forward to 2021 dates.

I do not have face book account or anyway to contact Robbin.
Please if possible post 2021 rules here. I can't find anything definitive. 2018-19 Reece was apparently 6x max scope, but any caliber. 2020 was 8x max reece 5.56 or 7.62 only??

I will start 2021 with the heavy tac 308 again, but I want to get a reece together & need clarity on rules.

Thanks

Reactions: deersniper
@JayB - I did shoot the Oct. Match Heavy Tac and it was a blast. Looking forward to 2021 dates.

I do not have face book account or anyway to contact Robbin.
Please if possible post 2021 rules here. I can't find anything definitive. 2018-19 Reece was apparently 6x max scope, but any caliber. 2020 was 8x max reece 5.56 or 7.62 only??

I will start 2021 with the heavy tac 308 again, but I want to get a reece together & need clarity on rules.

Thanks

We do not anticipate rule change for 2021 season. Please refer to the first post in this thread for the 3 divisions. RECCE is 223 only, 8x max on the scope, no bipod, 1 bag. Tactical is 223 or 308. Any other caliber will need to shoot OPEN.

Reactions: deersniper
We do not anticipate rule change for 2021 season. Please refer to the first post in this thread for the 3 divisions. RECCE is 223 only, 8x max on the scope, no bipod, 1 bag. Tactical is 223 or 308. Any other caliber will need to shoot OPEN.
Thanks I wasn't sure. When hunting for rules I read somewhere (maybe Barf.com) someone said per Robbin 8x limit was going away?

Edit: I'll run with 223 reece having 18" max barrel length & 8x max optic?

Thanks again

Thanks I wasn't sure. When hunting for rules I read somewhere (maybe Barf.com) someone said per Robbin 8x limit was going away?

Can you confirm 223 reece is 18" max barrel length?

Thanks again
8x optics restriction is not going away. If you want to use more than 8x you can shoot tactical.

RECCE does have 18" barrel limit.

8x optics restriction is not going away. If you want to use more than 8x you can shoot tactical.

RECCE does have 18" barrel limit.
Thanks

You replied before I could edit. Yes the 18" barrel seems to be consistent.

I'm fine with 8x for reece, just don't want to put $ into a build & find out I could have gone 10x after.

That match was great, unique stages, & very challenging. The mover & unsupported stages kicked my ass.

Targets out to 600. Mover at 300. These are always fun.

It’s going to be hot with possible storms in the afternoon. Bring lots of water, be on time and ready to go so we can try to avoid the worst heat and afternoon storms.
At New Holland the max range is 700 yards and it is a full size IPSC steel target. Most targets are with in 300 - 635 yards. The organizers seem to like 400 yard movers. The GGG matches are laid back and fun. Expect some unusual shooting positions.

I'm going tomorrow

Take my ai 65cm with a 18 or 24" barrel and ZCO 420 I know the dope for

Or

Throw a nx8 2.5-20 on a Seekins 18" 556 upper and try and get it zeroed/chronoed tonight ?