• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Geissele GFR 6 ARC or Cobalt Kinetics SPR Elite in 6mm ARC

gamewarden

Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
MN
Anyone have any experience with the new Cobalt SPR Elites with Proof 18" or 22" barrels? I have seen X-Rings videos on their development but looking for more info. I think the KGM R6 suppressor would pair nicely with this. Between this and the Geissele for me...
cobalt-kinetics-spr-special-purpose-rifle-6.5-grendel-1.jpg

Reactions: marc.south1972
I have several Geissele rifles and they are all extremely accurate. Even for duty rifles. I will definitely be picking up a Geissele 6 ARC when they hit the stores.

That being said. I have seen some people talk very highly of the Cobalt Kinetics, like the X-Ring.

Agree, I also own a Geissele rifle and it shoots great. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to shoot their 6 ARC, 6.5 CM, and PDW rifles in January. Sold me on the 6 ARC cartridge. If I could get the Geissele with a CF Proof barrel it would be easy for me.

I would love to see Geissele offer their ARC rifle with their Mk18 rail (full ARCA) and with the B5 precision stock in their 20" offering .

Reactions: MPDS13
Updated thread title.

Cobalt SPR Elite is available now, Geissele supposedly next month but I know others have or are shooting them.

There was Geissele a T&E/development gun for sale on AR15.com for a VERY reasonable sum as compared to the MSRP I’ve heard they’ll be hitting the streets with.

The Geisseles are good to go. Definitely going to be one in my future.

Two unique features of the Geissele rifle are, it uses a reinforced upper receiver and also a 6mm ARC specific barrel extension for better feeding with no bullet tip damage. Their mags are also designed and tweaked for the 6mm ARC cartridge.

Their bolts are tougher, too (Forged). And I believe I heard the lowers present the magazines to the upper slightly different to help with the ARC's larger body dia. Can't say definitively what it's all "worth", but they're made right. One of the first "fancy" AR's I've been a little excited about for features/build quality-- I usually build my own or run cheap PSA beaters.

Reactions: backcountryguide
I see Hodge has built a few 6 ARC's too, but those are unobtainium. Would be interested to here how he's building them though...

Reactions: clonebuilder
I see Hodge has built a few 6 ARC's too, but those are unobtainium. Would be interested to here how he's building them though...
Nah, basically all the Hodge you see private hands is gunsmif specials.

Theyre C405-T6 uppers, id suspect that the thicker walls and stronger aluminum would play a part in not only barrel harmonics with a heavy 6mm arc barrel (18 inch) with a suppressor, but also bolt life.

18" or 20"? Definitely leaning Geissele as long as they will be available this year.

Anyone have any experience with the new Cobalt SPR Elites with Proof 18" or 22" barrels? I have seen X-Rings videos on their development but looking for more info. I think the KGM R6 suppressor would pair nicely with this. Between this and the Geissele for me...View attachment 7834424
i just bought one with the 22" barrel i haven't even shot it yet. i will make sure i post some pictures and groups.

i will post some groups when i sight it in this is going to be used for PRS matches.

Attachments

• ck 6 arc.jpg
    ck 6 arc.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 131
  • cobalt 6 arc .jpg
    cobalt 6 arc .jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 3 shots 100 yard with in first ten rounds.png
    3 shots 100 yard with in first ten rounds.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Ernest 5.56