• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700 discontinued?

Geissele told me (roughly speaking) they were undergoing engineering redesign to make them easier to manufacturer and had no ETA or schedule for that.

I interpreted the tone to be 'they were kind of a pain to make, so we aren't making any more until we redesign them, which isn't a huge priority.'
This, they told me the exact same thing. They wanted to make an easier to produce design and make the trigger a bit simpler from my understanding. I have the Super 700 and it is a very good trigger. I'm not sure it is any better than my Triggertech two stage but they are both high quality units. I only shoot two stage triggers and these are certainly good ones.

It’s extremely reliable, it’s extremely consistent, it goes down to 4oz, it has the least take up of any trigger regardless of price, and smoothest break, has multiple trigger shoe options. All the reasons why I’m wondering why people are looking at something else and probably why they’re being discontinued

Have you not heard of the many triggertech failures and warranty replacements? Are you aware of this?

I’ve read that the super 700 is the only 700 pattern trigger to pass Crane’s drop test and is reportedly much less failure prone than most 700 triggers. To answer your question, that’s why I got the one I have for a hunting rifle over a triggertech.