• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gen 3 razor turret

Tigergolfer22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2018
Scranton pa
If you aren’t happy with your turrets on your gen 3 6-36 call vortex. Sent mine back Monday afternoon had it back in my hands Thursday morning. They changed to a much more positive click it now has a detent to lock in up position that takes a good deal of pressure to push back down and the windage turret got much more positive as well

Yea not a recall. Deploy a defective turret that requires a rework at the factory to get it to an acceptable level.

I guess it should just be called customer service then?

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Update, received mine back from Vortex in 7 days from the time it left my hands. For me there is a noticeable difference with both the locking turret and the audible clicks. Vortex for the win, they made it right. I know some will argue that it should have been right the first time but I will give them the credit they deserve. They made it right and did it in a hurry. Now I just have to wait for the action to be rebarreled then I’m back in the game.

Reactions: LRdasher
Update, received mine back from Vortex in 7 days from the time it left my hands. For me there is a noticeable difference with both the locking turret and the audible clicks. Vortex for the win, they made it right. I know some will argue that it should have been right the first time but I will give them the credit they deserve. They made it right and did it in a hurry. Now I just have to wait for the action to be rebarreled then I’m back in the game.

I think they ship them with heavy grease in the turrets to make them easier to lock and unlock. Otherwise bitch boys would be bitching about it being too hard.

Last edited:
They still suck. I have played with a few that went back for re-work and you can still accidentally lock them when spinning on clock.

So either you need to put a bushing under it to prevent from locking or stick to a game that doesn't involve a time limit.

The G2 turrets were damn near perfect for a locking turret. How the fuck do you regress when you have the winning recipe for the last 8 years?

They still suck. I have played with a few that went back for re-work and you can still accidentally lock them when spinning on clock.

So either you need to put a bushing under it to prevent from locking or stick to a game that doesn't involve a time limit.

The G2 turrets were damn near perfect for a locking turret. How the fuck do you regress when you have the winning recipe for the last 8 years?

You played with a few? What kind of a witch are you? Do you magically appear wherever a Vortex is returned from service?

I don’t own a Gen 3 but I can tell you it’s a night and day difference from the original turret and the revised one. I have demoed both and the revised one is nice. Very clicky and tactile. The cap also stays up. It takes a firm push/pull to get it to lock and unlock. I think it’s good to go.

You played with a few? What kind of a witch are you? Do you magically appear wherever a Vortex is returned from service?
This is what happens when you get out and shoot. You meet people, some may even be called friends. Said friends also like to shoot and buy gear. They may let you play with their gear on in the case like a match this weekend, you have to use their gear as part of the stage.

Virtually everyone who has gotten a G3 razor so far that I know, had to sent them back to get the turrets fixed.

I know 3 different people who have sent their G3 in. I have played around with each of their samples. They all came back better but they still do not feel as good as the gen 2 and I can lock them when spinning on clock with just a little downward pressure.

Got any other cute things to say?

Reactions: rydah
I spent a few days at Vortex facility last month and got my hands on a significant number of the Gen3 scopes with the new turrets.
Best I can tell, the first batch they had was good (my scope is from that batch). Then they got a larger shipment and the variance in the turrets was a lot more significant. They made some sort of a small engineering change to improve the feel and how well it locks and also to make these easier to manufacture consistently.

For what it is worth, I do not think I ever accidentally locked mine and the new ones seem better than mine. YMMV.

ILya

I had one delivered(factory direct) from Vortex on Sat(4/30) and was hopeful that after waiting 9-weeks from the initial order that the turrets were going to have a strong detent on the lock/unlock and positive clicks right out-of-the-box.
They definitely were not.
But to mirror many others, a quick & easy call to their C/S had it shipped back to them on Monday(5/2) and in their hands today.

I'm confident I'll have it back 7-10 days from today and be completely happy with the optic as a whole.
They sent some free swag (tee&decals) for the minor inconvenience.

Warranty Haters are going to hate,
but I think they are responding to customers quite well with their execution of this.

Now, if only I could convince them to bring back a non-tree mil reticle:LOL::geek:

You know what would be amazing?

QC your products before they leave the factory.

I have a feeling vortex HQ is not reworking these like the gen 2 razors back in the day. Their OEM is slipping.

Reactions: rydah
This is what happens when you get out and shoot. You meet people, some may even be called friends. Said friends also like to shoot and buy gear. They may let you play with their gear on in the case like a match this weekend, you have to use their gear as part of the stage.

Virtually everyone who has gotten a G3 razor so far that I know, had to sent them back to get the turrets fixed.

I know 3 different people who have sent their G3 in. I have played around with each of their samples. They all came back better but they still do not feel as good as the gen 2 and I can lock them when spinning on clock with just a little downward pressure.

Yes.

I don’t believe you. Your experience does not jive with my realistic sample of one which requires you to put a lot of pressure on the turret to get it to overcome the detention and lock.

I think you are a blowtard.

Show me on the doll where I touched you. Come up to the PNW if you actually shoot and compete and I will show you first hand. We have about 8 more 2 day matches up here, so come on up.

My partner in RTC this weekend was shooting a G3 razor. He had to send his back like everyone else. One stage we had to shoot each others gun and another stage there was no time to move guns so we moved instead. I specifically showed him how a little downward pressure when spinning the turret could cause it to lock. The guys who came in 3rd place out of 196 shooters, one shoots a G3 razor. He not only had to send his back to vortex for them to rework the turrets, but had to 3d print a bushing to keep the turret from locking.

Maybe you do not know as much as you think.

Or keep running your fuck hole.

Last edited:
Show me on the doll where I touched you. Come up to the PNW if you actually shoot and compete and I will show you first hand. We have about 8 more 2 day matches up here, so come on up.

My partner in RTC this weekend was shooting a G3 razor. He had to send his back like everyone else. One stage we had to shoot each others gun and another stage there was no time to move guns so we moved instead. I specifically showed him how a little downward pressure when spinning the turret could cause it to lock. The guys who came in 3rd place out of 196 shooters, one shoots a G3 razor. He not only had to send his back to vortex for them to rework the turrets, but had to 3d print a bushing to keep the turret from locking.

You had to show a guy who competes amongst the elites that downward pressure on a locking turret could cause it to lock??? Wow! You must be the lone genius for sure.

You had to show a guy who competes amongst the elites that downward pressure on a locking turret could cause it to lock??? Wow! You must be the lone genius for sure.
No you cant read.

The really good shooter is the one who had to make the bushing and knows the issue well.

My partner (Midpack, we suck) is the one. Not everyone spins the turrets the same way, especially when coming from other optics you are accustomed to.

This was NEVER an issue with the G2 razors I owned or the ZCO I run. It was never an issue with anyone I know who owned them as well.

This thread is littered with people saying the same shit as I am but you want to argue about it like an asshole. Cheers.

No you cant read.

The really good shooter is the one who had to make the bushing and knows the issue well.

My partner (Midpack, we suck) is the one. Not everyone spins the turrets the same way, especially when coming from other optics you are accustomed to.

This was NEVER an issue with the G2 razors I owned or the ZCO I run. It was never an issue with anyone I know who owned them as well.

This thread is littered with people saying the same shit as I am but you want to argue about it like an asshole. Cheers.

You are the only one saying that. Just you. Everyone who sent their 6-36 to Vortex for the upgrade is happy. You’re the only one.

I didn’t send it back, I just sold it.

I am about to order one for an ELR gun, so we will see if they are fixed yet.

I would not run one in any game that requires a clock without the shim.

mine is going back for the turret upgrade tomorrow.

that being said i've never even been close to getting my turret to lock while spinning them. idk how it would be possible

Reactions: Islas82
mine is going back for the turret upgrade tomorrow.

that being said i've never even been close to getting my turret to lock while spinning them. idk how it would be possible
Never had the locking issue either, my turrets were painfully stiff and basically muted unless you spin them fast. Didn’t wanna deal with it.

Never had the locking issue either, my turrets were painfully stiff and basically muted unless you spin them fast. Didn’t wanna deal with it.
yup. that's how mine are. little muted and mushy

i've shot several matches with them and on the clock i dont even notice. but i have a 2 week lull so i might as well get the upgrade

Reactions: Islas82
Anyone know if the scopes shipping now have the upgrade already done? Ordered from eurooptic yesterday 5/4.

Just received my scope back and it is nothing short of amazing. The elevation and windage turrets now match in feel, they stay unlocked and require quite a bit of force to lock, and they somehow improved the overall turret feel which I thought was great already.

They also cleaned the dirt, dust, and smudges from my lens :)

Tip: Take pictures of your elevation and windage zero as they will reset both to the factory setting. With the zero-stop system, it is very simple to adjust back to your zero if you know where it needs to be.

got mine back. 10 days door to door (i shipped on a friday so 2 weekends)

major difference in turret feel and the lock/unlock feel is more positive as well

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
If they had one vortex hater on the design team, the scope woulda been amazing.

Instead, they had a bunch of guys how only said, "This is awesome, Ground Breaking, Gamechanga!"

And.... they were all wrong.

Instead, they had a bunch of guys how only said, "This is awesome, Ground Breaking, Gamechanga!"

I’ve said it elsewhere but i don’t think field testers actually test beyond looking through the glass and shooting matches. They aren’t going to fiddle fuck with the turrets like a consumer would. I know jack shit about manufacturing but I have a feeling that “preproduction” tends to be what production would be anyway so no changes are made even with feedback.

It IS ground breaking for Vortex. This is turning out to be a pretty nice scope. The turrets are perfectly usable right out the box. If you want them crispier then send it back for the tweak. 10 days later you get a turret that is truly awesome. The glass is nice. It tracks good. It’s easy to get behind. It’s a bargain.

Put in a service request on the evening of May 11th. 8:30am May 12th had an email from Jodie at vortex including a Free overnight prepaid shipping label UPS 2nd day air.
I sent scope off Friday the 13th. Vortex emailed me they had it Monday the 16th.
Tuesday, the 17th.....got a vortex email at 5pm Eastern Time saying scope is fixed and on its way home. Scope arrived in Oregon this morning delivered on my porch at 10:45am PST.

Turrets are amazing now......

Fucking love Vortex. Un fugging beatable service, and these gen 3'S are legit.

I had two.....sold one
I'm keeping this one

Huh, I’m interested to feel one that’s been serviced. Mine tbh are fine. I have a match upcoming So I’m not going to tear mine off right now but maybe I can mess with a rmad one in the field to compare.

Huh, I’m interested to feel one that’s been serviced. Mine tbh are fine. I have a match upcoming So I’m not going to tear mine off right now but maybe I can mess with a rmad one in the field to compare.
mine were fine before. but after...different scope

i had a 2 week break from centerfire matches. glad i sent it in

Reactions: KnowNothing256
You are the only one saying that. Just you. Everyone who sent their 6-36 to Vortex for the upgrade is happy. You’re the only one.
False. My brother @ricksmunn was one of the earliest to get his scope, and as far as I know, also early to send it in for evaluation/repair. They basically sent it back saying everything was in spec, but the turrets did feel slightly better. They went from being TERRIBLE out of the box, to just "bad" after being sent in. What I struggle to grasp is how they missed the mark so badly on this launch? As others have said, the gen 2 turrets were fantastic and didn't need improving in any way. The gen 3 has great optical features but the turrets are a massive downgrade even from their strike eagle line. Maybe if he sends it in again they'll have a new fix this time around...?

Reactions: Changed
False. My brother @ricksmunn was one of the earliest to get his scope, and as far as I know, also early to send it in for evaluation/repair. They basically sent it back saying everything was in spec, but the turrets did feel slightly better. They went from being TERRIBLE out of the box, to just "bad" after being sent in. What I struggle to grasp is how they missed the mark so badly on this launch? As others have said, the gen 2 turrets were fantastic and didn't need improving in any way. The gen 3 has great optical features but the turrets are a massive downgrade even from their strike eagle line. Maybe if he sends it in again they'll have a new fix this time around...?
recently upgraded turrets aren't even close to a strike eagle

yes. they messed up on the original turrets. but they are making up for it with rapid service.

let's hope they start putting the upgrade on new scopes out of the box. hopefully they make an announcement about that

I’ve said it elsewhere but i don’t think field testers actually test beyond looking through the glass and shooting matches. They aren’t going to fiddle fuck with the turrets like a consumer would. I know jack shit about manufacturing but I have a feeling that “preproduction” tends to be what production would be anyway so no changes are made even with feedback.
Final preproduction models are not always the same as production. smaller quantities are not always made the exact same way as full production.

F-ing hilarious posts. I've nothing constructive to add to this thread other than to say thank you for bringing some humor to my day. I love the Hide!

You’re full of shit

You’re full of shit
Okay, since you don't want to believe anybody, this probably won't do any good. But I am the person he's talking about. My scope was absolutely terrible when I got it. I let a ton of people play with it at the matches we host and shoot (well over 20+ people have played with the turrets), and every single person that played with it said the turrets were atrocious. I sent it in for warranty work, but they said everything was the way it was supposed to be. I was one of the very first people to send in a Gen 3 for this problem. Since then, there have been a ton of other people send in their scopes with the exact same complaint. After seeing tons and tons of complaints, Vortex decided to do something about it and is now improving the turrets when they are sent back in.

However, I have not had the opportunity to send mine back in since they admitted there was a problem, so mine still has terrible turrets and there is no lock on the "locking" turrets. I have been using this at matches almost every weekend, so I haven't sent it back in. After this upcoming match in Parma this weekend I will be sending my scope back to Vortex again for them to fix the turrets and the locking feature. I will share what I find when I get it back, but it will be a while.

Edited to add: Also, yes, the Strike Eagle turrets are much much better than mine currently. I'm hoping the new modifications Vortex is making will make a huge difference. There was a massive down grade from the Gen II turrets to the Gen III turrets.

Okay, since you don't want to believe anybody, this probably won't do any good. But I am the person he's talking about. My scope was absolutely terrible when I got it. I let a ton of people play with it at the matches we host and shoot (well over 20+ people have played with the turrets), and every single person that played with it said the turrets were atrocious. I sent it in for warranty work, but they said everything was the way it was supposed to be. I was one of the very first people to send in a Gen 3 for this problem. Since then, there have been a ton of other people send in their scopes with the exact same complaint. After seeing tons and tons of complaints, Vortex decided to do something about it and is now improving the turrets when they are sent back in.

However, I have not had the opportunity to send mine back in since they admitted there was a problem, so mine still has terrible turrets and there is no lock on the "locking" turrets. I have been using this at matches almost every weekend, so I haven't sent it back in. After this upcoming match in Parma this weekend I will be sending my scope back to Vortex again for them to fix the turrets and the locking feature. I will share what I find when I get it back, but it will be a while.

Edited to add: Also, yes, the Strike Eagle turrets are much much better than mine currently. I'm hoping the new modifications Vortex is making will make a huge difference. There was a massive down grade from the Gen II turrets to the Gen III turrets.

I’m sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience with Vortex customer service. Maybe if you wrote them a note describing the problem with something other than crayon they would be more responsive.

• Haha
Reactions: TheOE800
I’m sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience with Vortex customer service. Maybe if you wrote them a note describing the problem with something other than crayon they would be more responsive.
🤣🤣🤣 I can’t help it, crayons are just so colorful!
Not sure who offended you today, but sorry man…

For what it’s worth, I talked to them very extensively about it on the phone and they were very friendly. I have no problem with their customer service. But since I was one of the first to comment on the design issue, they just politely commented that they designed it that way on purpose. After a large portion of their customers also complained, they decided it would be better to change it, so now they change them when customers send them back. Problem solved!