• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen z for the win.....maybe we're not fucked?

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
Discovered this on another forum, from PBS no less. Naturally they have some idiot spewing lies at the end of this, guns in peoples hands no matter who. Really I think you are the ones pushing that one not law abiding gun owners.

But I don't want to focus on that, but on the growth of "youth" in the sport. This is something "they" just can't have. If people find out this is fun, and like the heavy girl in the story moves them forward in how they win or loose, THIS IS THE KEY TO THE STORY IMHO. She blew one round then aced the next round. This is life, this is how the world works and these people stand a far better chance of being someone then the ones crying in their safe spaces.

The former conservation officer where I'm from has worked with kids to get them into hunting for quite a few years. Recenty, he has helped every school in the county get a trap shooting team. The man is a huge asset to the area! He also helps get wetlands built to help with habitat for ducks and geese.

I was at a LR class last week end and there were several young females. Abby about 12 was with her father, and Rick brought Bailey his daughter and her daughter Bracelynn who was about 15. They all shot out to 1000 yds. There was also another really young girl with her dad but didnt shoot. One of the guys had hid 15 year old son shooting. I got out to 1400 but the wind got really strong and didnt make the mile. Next time.

Check out Delta Red Training in San Saba Tx. Beautiful facility.

Its up to us to get the youth interested.

The former conservation officer where I'm from has worked with kids to get them into hunting for quite a few years. Recenty, he has helped every school in the county get a trap shooting team. The man is a huge asset to the area! He also helps get wetlands built to help with habitat for ducks and geese.
That is another thing "they" just don't get. If you want to hunt duck you really need ducks. It is not in the interest of hunters to hunt to zero in an area. You see people setup areas of private property for ducks. You never see this. Ducks will come back to an area if there is a place for them. They just can't get it past their heads that it is not about killing ducks.

I don't hunt anything anymore, I just can't, it hurts too bad. But no one wants to hunt to zero numbers.

I've seen some Gen Zer's at the range who can straight shoot. Homeboy was unsupported repeatedly hitting a c zone steel at 220 yards with his glock and red dot. Shit was impressive.

Reactions: 308pirate
That is another thing "they" just don't get. If you want to hunt duck you really need ducks. It is not in the interest of hunters to hunt to zero in an area. You see people setup areas of private property for ducks. You never see this. Ducks will come back to an area if there is a place for them. They just can't get it past their heads that it is not about killing ducks.

I don't hunt anything anymore, I just can't, it hurts too bad. But no one wants to hunt to zero numbers.

Everyone just wants to kill shit, then complain there's nothing left to hunt.

He's played a big part in trying to get funding to restore the bay in order to help with habitat and to try to bring fishing tournaments back to the area. There are very few people that take the time to do what he does. I'd hate to see the time and money he's spent on doing this type of stuff for the area. He's very passionate about conservation even though he retired from the department.

He's done studies this past year on nest predators trying to get people to understand the coon and possum population is too high causing the low turkey and quail population. He's had help doing trapping and killing of predators on properties to show what a difference it can make in turkey and quail population.

Reactions: 308pirate
With the right conservancy oversight nothing man eats will ever go extinct again. People are biased by stories of animals hunted to extinction.
Those are the only stories told in "main stream" media.

Reactions: doubloon
Nice to see this in high schools - except most programs were defunded by Brandon....

Gen Z is going to be OK if they get the right guidance and mentorship from older generations.
my son is gen z so i met alot of that generation and my friends have some gen z kids.

i’d say about half of what i see are good kids. but f course there’s alot of shit birds that have been brain washed too. still better than millennials as a whole.

ya gotta remember, most zoomies are the by products of x’ers….the best gen yet. lol

Reactions: OldSalty2