• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Getting around a County Sheriff

Re: Getting around a County Sheriff

Thats why I had mine rewritten and amended by a Law Firm. The NFA is going over each trust to make sure its valid per the state it resides in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scimitar2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do a Trust,no Chief LEO in this state will sign off,won't take the responsibility. </div></div>

This is not true at all. 100 miles north of you is one that I know of. I am sure there are others.

That said, I agree that a trust is the way to go for a variety of reasons. </div></div>

Stefan makes a good point, Eastern WA is very different to W.Washington. Sandrat, I am in the next County to you (Douglas as you are in Grant) and the (previous) Sheriff signed mine no questions asked. The trust is certainly easier for many.

I was going to create a trust using quicken will maker, but my dealer talked me out of it. He advised that I get an attorney so that no mistakes are made. I opted to apply as an individual and Sheriff didn't even talk to me. His secretary took the form into him, and 2 minutes latter I had the signed paperwork.

Gents, dont want to hijack this thread but....Im from the UK, you have access to all sorts of firearms State side, so why is it so hard for you to own suppressors ? We can get them here no worries, its the firearms we cant get.

Suppressors, its health & Safety issue here, to save our hearing, we can use suppressors, part of the law. Why so hard your side ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sudinim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents, dont want to hijack this thread but....Im from the UK, you have access to all sorts of firearms State side, so why is it so hard for you to own suppressors ? We can get them here no worries, its the firearms we cant get.

Suppressors, its health & Safety issue here, to save our hearing, we can use suppressors, part of the law. Why so hard your side ?
</div></div>

Well to make a long story short, all was well and free, then some religious nut jobs decided to ban fun and got the government to ban alcohol. So naturally just like drugs today, the criminals supplied the need and as always started a few wars between them and discovered that automatic weapons were useful in gang wars, add in a couple famous bank robbers at a time when the idea of police snipers was pretty much unheard of. Then as always the news media blew things hugely out of proportion to sell extra papers just like the do today to keep you watching the TV. The sheeple begged the government to save them from the big bad gangsters, the government agreed, using their new found end run around the constitution (the amendment letting them do pretty much unlimited taxation). So the government said sure, we will save you, we'll ban and restrict everything that looks "evil" (Guns too big, Guns too Small, Guns too Fast, Guns too Loud, Guns too quiet, Guns that didn't look right). Stupid people rejoiced, Liberals were delighted.

But being in England, you hardly have a leg to stand on. One known insane nut job shoots some kids and none of you have any hand guns anymore, and it's near impossible for the average non rich non connected person to get firearms and matching ammunition to hang on to at the same time.

W54/xm-338. that made me smile but still I aint got a clue why you can have all the guns you like, but the Goverment make it so hard for shooters to own a suppressor ? Of all the platorms your allowed to own, but not a suppressor makes no sense to me ?

And your right, the gun laws here are ridiculous,shotguns aint so bad, bolt rifles if you jump through a few hoops but hand guns, hahahahhaha not a chance. But we can have suppressors to save our ears, its a joke really.

UK gun control started about 1922, with pistols, since they were the "preferred weapons of anarchists and Bolshevists". There was some unrest and there was poorly founded concern about overthrow of the monarchy as had happened in Russia.

Ours started in 1934, after Prohibition. There is a school of thought that NFA started as a guaranteed employment program for all the Revenue agents who would otherwise be out of work. Pistols damn near got lumped in there, too. The only NFA case to make it to the Supreme Court was actually won at a lower court appeal but lost at the Supreme Court without any opposition present. Govt lawyers actually lied, the issue being whether short shotguns were typical MILITARY weapons and thus protected under te 2nd Ammendment. It would appear that none of the justices were vets. Absent the Miller decision, the NFA would have been rendered null and voud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sudinim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">W54/xm-338. that made me smile but still I aint got a clue why you can have all the guns you like, but the Goverment make it so hard for shooters to own a suppressor ? Of all the platorms your allowed to own, but not a suppressor makes no sense to me ?

And your right, the gun laws here are ridiculous,shotguns aint so bad, bolt rifles if you jump through a few hoops but hand guns, hahahahhaha not a chance. But we can have suppressors to save our ears, its a joke really.
</div></div>

Pretty much it's basically based on politicians having no idea of which end is up and getting their ideas from popular media, anti-gun people and such. That's why Silencers are heavily restricted because they think that once you get a silencer you will turn into an evil hit man going around silently wacking people.

Case in point, I wanted a suppressor for my .338 so I didn't have to wear double hearing protection and could then just wear ear plugs, so after paying for one and getting all the forms, I called up my local police chief and told his assistant that I needed the background check forms done and all that. She set me up with an appointment with one of the Police Sergeants who handled that stuff for the chief After a nice long talk and explaining everything back and forth, I had to wait for them to get back to me. So they never got back to me so I called back quite a few times, finally got them on the line and they pretty much said that no way would they sign the background check on a form for a suppressor but if I changed my mind and wanted a machine gun instead they would run the checks for me.

There are several other states where you can have registered machine guns but they still make it almost impossible for you to get a silencer.

"wanted a machine gun instead they would run the checks for me."

thats exactly why I couldnt work out why its so hard for you to own a suppressor, seems mental ! well, at least you get the choice of a machine gun !