• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting close to college football season.

I'm kind of worried about Auburn. Not only will they have an inexperienced QB but also an inexperienced safety (Kyle Frazier)!

Lets get the separations. SEC as a whole or Bama? Its a fact that Bama is a top 5 program right now but they are not the SEC and this is what I am saying. The SEC top to bottom is not strong, the SEC in general, not bama NC games but the SEC does not have the record to support their claim of dominance, again not Alabama but the SEC. Many lessor teams from lessor conference would do just fine in the SEC as in over the whole schedule, losses to Alabama, LSU but that is not the whole conference. We will shall see how a poor big 12 team now in the SEC does this year, very good last year. And as a whole, the SEC plays over the years the most or close to the most sub conference games. I hate USC but they are willing to play any conference on the road year after year, the SEC cannot make that claim. The SEC says our conference is tuff enough so why do we need to go to LA and play USC or Stanford, OR, if they did instead of getting home games, then they can brag some but not until the SEC does. I get tired of ESPN and the fans of SEC making claim every game they play is a slug feast so they get tired and can lose....not if ESPN and the fans claim the SEC is the tuffest conference to play. But, once the SEC goes outside its own conference, the winning record says different but ESPN / fans have the excuse, the SEC is the tuffest so we can be tired and lose sometimes. My point is, if the SEC wants to claim its dominance as a whole conference, schedule more top tier games on the road and win more of them to include bowl games, of course someone and has said how many NC wins over the last 10 years but you do not get my point, conference not LSU and BAMA. If the SEC top to bottom was tuffest then no SEC team would be much over 500 at the end of the season.

As a fan of college football, I have no team, again I have no team other than the love of college football period, I for one can respect and except what small programs have done and doing with what they have; little money, recruiting, fan base, facilities, etc but for some reason, SEC cannot and will not because the SEC always beat the little guys as their record proves. Its odd how Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, do but not the SEC (UGA vs BSU is the exception) support those programs that are competing with them with the coaches and players all saying, they had more size, strength, speed, technique, game plan and coaching that we gave them credit, fans do not because they were not on the field of play. Even an ESPN love the SEC analysis made that comment reporting on the field UGA vs BSU about BSU physical presence and skills and they won by the way a top SEC team. Oh wait a minute, UGA had the tuffest training camp in the SEC so where tired not that a better team both talent and coaching won. SEC always has that excuse and always an excuse instead of, we got beat by a better team, period!

On to the small guys beating the big guys just one game. Again I will say, if the big guy is so dominate then the practice scrubs should be on the field by half time with a blow out win pulling away, one game to 10, win them all against the little guys or you have nothing to say, Oh I forgot how tuff your training camp and schedule is that does not allow you to dominate because you are tired.

8 days!!!!!

I tire of this subject, had the tuffest day of being lazy yesterday so I have the excuse to not perform on this subject any more.

If you assign power points to each team, then add them up, you will see the SEC is still the strongest. Power points is another subject where we can get into infinite discussions about.

SEC West is easily the strongest Sub-Conference in the country. I am not sure how good the the SEC East will be.

The Pac-12 is the deepest, and I can see anyone beating anyone. Pac-12 will also have the best QB play this year.

So for me:
1) SEC and P12
3) B12
4) B10

Steele's Conference Ranking in 2012 (after season was done):
1) SEC
2) P12
3) B12
4) B10
5) ACC

Steele's Pre-Season projection 2013:
1) SEC
2) B12
3) P12
4) B10 and ACC

I agree with mike on the polls, don't mean nothing until around week 9. Then people in the top at the time have to control their on destiny. Right now it seems alabama maybe having issues with their offensive line. Sabans not happy with it right now.

I'm the first to say I don't believe pre-season polls are worth the paper they're printed on however I don't think anyone can rightly deny Alabama's domination. Y! SPORTS

Everyone has Bama #1, even Vegas. The only rankings that matter to me is the power point rankings by LVSC, Sagarin, or Phil Steele. The AP and UPI polls to me are no different than American Idol, where we have people like Paula Abdul Voting.

Everyone has Bama #1, even Vegas. The only rankings that matter to me is the power point rankings by LVSC, Sagarin, or Phil Steele. The AP and UPI polls to me are no different than American Idol, where we have people like Paula Abdul Voting.

IMO None of them matter. I would not even have a rank system take affect until the fourth week.

I have the feeling that something funky might happen in this, the last year of the BCS.

I'm an SEC homer for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Louisville, (good team, good coach, joke schedule) run the table and play another lucky gomer with an easy road like OSU or Michigan and break the SEC stranglehold on college football.

Nah, Bammers again with UGA a possible substitute!

Alabama cb suspended for first game. DUI! Auburn defensive star kicked off team. Marijuana possession! You never know about college kids and what can happen, even on the field. Can't predict who's going to win it all for their are too many circumstances that can happen.

Mike, what did you think about the o-line at bama. I know they played vanilla but I knew they were having problems.

Alabama definitely needs the week off to work on the offensive line issues. I usually give most people a pass on AT least the first half of game 1, but Alabama's line really scared me.
IF......they don't get it together....pretty big IF.....the season will not go as planned.

Bammers looked ok, but not quite the world beaters they've been lately. O line, especially the brothers on the left side, will need to step it up if they want to contend for the title again this year.

Georgia looks to be in a bit of trouble. With South Carolina and LSU right around the corner, they could easily have 3 losses before the end of September. They definitely didn't "reload" on defense after the losses to the NFL.

Bammers looked ok, but not quite the world beaters they've been lately. O line, especially the brothers on the left side, will need to step it up if they want to contend for the title again this year.

Georgia looks to be in a bit of trouble. With South Carolina and LSU right around the corner, they could easily have 3 losses before the end of September. They definitely didn't "reload" on defense after the losses to the NFL.

I would not be surprised if they lost again this week. National title hopes are fading fast.

I would not be surprised if they lost again this week. National title hopes are fading fast.

Have you ever heard the expression "Offense wins games, defense wins championships"? TA&M allowed Rice to score 31 points on them. Now if Rice can score 31, I'm sure Alabama can score 51 even with a shitty offensive line. Alabama kept VT to only 10. TA&M better bring more than their "A" game because Alabama is coming for blood and has two weeks to prepare.

Time will tell but Oregon might have the best offense college football has seen in a long time. Two top four Heisman candidates and more speed than any team I've ever seen. And no arguing Bama's dominance. They simply play like men amongst midget boys.

Please, God. Oregon vs. Bama in the Natty. A game for the ages!

Did not hurt my feelings. Alabama is as strong on defense as ever. The offense did not run half of the plays in the book last weekend. Sorry to all the VaTech fans, but that was a scrimmage.
With that being said, to hell with Bama. War Eagle.

Thru The Lens: Vols vs. Western Kentucky - YouTube

Oregon Vs UT this weekend...we're going to get spanked. None the less ole Butch has me believing and that 2014 recruiting class sitting at #2 behind Bama isn't too shabby either, even if early in the year.

Rocky Top :D

In other news Mississippi State seems to be mediocre yet again. Offensive Coordinator needs a little check-in IMO.

Last edited: