• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting older, forgetting stuff and 'new' TV shows

atepointer

sub-amateur paint chipper
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    So it's real....it's on now the getting older stuff is all falling into place just like older folks told me 'just wait' when I busted their balls about forgetting stuff.

BUT a huge upside here is what's old is new. I really enjoyed the ER series and never missed an episode and recently watched a couple on a rainy Sunday. So hey let's record all of them.....and it's almost as if I never watched any of them it all seems like first watch. This could be good given that most new stuff on tv sucks beyond belief so I can watch old good stuff.

On that note....long live Archie: Cave women, cave men and the first faggots

Gotta start recording All in the Family again!

Last edited:
    I am sure as hell with you on this.
    I see lots of "new" shows all of the time on the re-runs that I watched years ago but don't remember.
    Some of those shows I thought sucked years ago but they are just fine now.

When The Squaw tells me something important I had better write it down on a slip of paper and put it in a tit pocket on my coveralls or it is gone.
    Then comes the problem of remembering to check my tit pockets---

Guess I don't have a lock on the 'tv gig'! It's hilarious I'm going to spend some time searching the tv menu for more old stuff......should be fun and funny.

• Haha
    Reactions: DustBun
    My memory is bad on a good day... sad but true!!!I write things down... and sometimes remember where the notes/ slips of paper are. HOWEVER, every day I get up is a blessing.

So it's real....it's on now the getting older stuff is all falling into place just like older folks told me 'just wait' when I busted their balls about forgetting stuff.

BUT a huge upside here is what's old is new. I really enjoyed the ER series and never missed an episode and recently watched a couple on a rainy Sunday. So hey let's record all of them.....and it's almost as if I never watched any of them it all seems like first watch. This could be good given that most new stuff on tv sucks beyond belief so I can watch old good stuff.

On that note....long live Archie: Cave women, cave men and the first faggots

Gotta start recording All in the Family again!

You can find a lot of the old shows on Torrent sites (so I have heard, wink, wink). I've watched the old Rat Patrol, 12 o'clock High series and others hard to find stuff.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Holy crap, it's hilarious watching Rob Reiner almost lose it at the 0:56 mark :ROFLMAO:

So my wife is notorious for forgetting about a show or movie about 30 seconds after we're done watching it. I'm jealous, because it's like she's always watching something for the first time.

As a side note, get shows like All In The Family on physical media ASAP. That stuff won't last long in the current environment.

• Love
    Reactions: Foul Mike
    Archie should have shot Meathead long ago. Rob Reiner added nothing to the show and even less in his real life.\

Are you fucking kidding me? Archie and Meathead bantering at eachother is a huge part of what made the show so popular among both Conservative and Liberal viewers!

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Depending on where you live, watching over the air TV is awesome. Here in the Truckee Meadows (Sparks/Reno) area we get the Grit channel with all old western movies. Randolph Scott, Joel McCrea (two of the best), Audie Murphy most decorated U.S. soldier from WWII who made a lot of westerns that I have never seen before. All the usual John Wayne flicks including his very early ones. Tales of Wells Fargo with the left handed gun himself, Dale Robertson, although he was really right handed. Laramie, Death Valley Days too. Anyways, Westerns galore on the Grit channel.
    LAFF channel: I can't stop watching That 70's Show. Never saw it originally, but I have gone through the whole series at least four or five times now. It is really funny! Ashton Kutcher is so underrated. Mila Kunis was only 14 when she applied for a part on the show. I laugh everytime "Red" calls someone a 'DUMBASS".
    Night Court comes on late at night and Grace Under Fire is very amusing.
    The COMET station has sci-fi movies/series', horror and supernatural things as well.
    For all of you who think you are NOT Dumbasses, Who's Smarter Than a 5th Grader comes on the Light Channel.
    Saturday morning westerns on THIS TV or is it ME TV? I am olde, so I forget sometimes too, but lots of the best series: Have Gun Will Travel is highly rated. Not because of Richard Boone, but because of his horse Rafter! :giggle: Steve McQueen as Josh Randall in Wanted: Dead or Alive, James Garnet in Maverick, The Thing himself, Matt Dillon as James Arness in Gunsmoke (Bartender Glenn Strange who played Frankenstein in a couple of flicks is there too.)
    There's lots of old stuff out there, good stuff too. Good for watching again and if you missed it the first time around, you might be surprised by some of the great story lines in many of these old movies and series.

I try not to watch too much TV, due to, too much political discussion, too much death, too much alternate lifestyle. Sooo, as of late, started watching Gunsmoke, Bonanza, E.R., hell, even Mayberry RFD, again. To be honest, all of TV sucks, anymore. Mac:(

Reactions: atepointer
    I can hardly go down to the shop without forgetting why I was going or back to the house without remembering why!

I try not to watch too much TV, due to, too much political discussion, too much death, too much alternate lifestyle. Sooo, as of late, started watching Gunsmoke, Bonanza, E.R., hell, even Mayberry RFD, again. To be honest, all of TV sucks, anymore. Mac:(
    Every time I call my dad and ask what he’s doing he’s watching gunsmoke

Reactions: 10ring'r and Kir
    well....as was alluded to with the garbage on tv these days it's all upside on the tv front digging up 'old' stuff again!

Despite knowing WHAT is on the telly most of the time, I keep it on more so as background noise. It is an alternative to music. I am busy doing other projects, sometimes multiple projects at a time, like watering the castle grounds, trying to get my Winchester dis/re-assembled so it will load properly and the latest my fiancee' wants is to sand the top of a portable buffet table. Now where are those instructions? Too olde to hand sand, so using a small electric hand sander. I am sure many of you have much more interesting projects during this pandemic...

Just back from the back porch. A distance of 23-25'... I got there, but I forgot why I went, so I'm back. But sometimes I have good days...

For instance, I didn't know about this Kapernick kneeling thing for at least two weeks after he first did it. Hell, I didn't know the Oakland A's won 20-something games in a row to set the MLB record until I watched the movie "Moneyball" last year, and we lived in the San Francisco Bay Area until 2004. But those "lapses" ain't from forgetfulness like the trip to the back porch; I gotta pat myself on the back for that. I stopped watching ALL sports in 1997 after Latrell Sprewell ("I got moowves to feed") choked his coach. I was on my way out anyway; Barry Switzer's exposed antics with his sex assault-and-drug felons had me leanin' away hard, way back in the late 80s. Hell, I didn't even know who Brent Farve was when I moved to his hometown in 2004.

It's a pleasure seeing all these afaleeps kneel for the Anthem. If enough of 'em do it, hopefully there'll be a big enough backlash by middle-America that profits will drop by 50% and bankrupt a buncha teams. Put them felons back into their neighborhoods... I'm hopin' my logic proves I'm lucid and just forgetful. At least, it seems that way to me.

Seriously- is it Wednesday? My Tuesday pill compartment is empty...

Last edited:
    Despite knowing WHAT is on the telly most of the time, I keep it on more so as background noise.

Right there with you. It drives my wife totally batsh^$, because, I cannot sit in a completely quiet house, whereas, she could open a book and sit in the dark, with a flashlight, and in total quiet. If I'm working downstairs in my mancave, on guns, RC trucks/cars(grandkid sh^$), models, bows...I've got to have the TV or at a bare min., the radio on. Got into that habit when I was first stationed at McChord AFB, Wa., and those damn F-106's/F-4's, would be doing their sorties during the day and burning up the sky in afterburner. I had to sleep during that time (midnight shift), so, my stereo would be on. Still have that habit to this day. Mac:rolleyes:

I live in the here after.
    Go to get something then have to ask myself, "what the fuck was I here after?"
    Haha, if I am on a mission, I do fine till someone interrupts, game over then. If it is really important, if the wife starts in, I just throw a hand up and say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah till i am by her and can continue on.

• Haha
    I can buy my own Christmas presents and still be surprised.
    old wolf.jpg