• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Ghillie using a tactical mesh

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
you can carrie a tactical mesh in your hand, no weight, I've added some paracord..in 5 minutes I'm able to built a cover using field vegetation.... some pictures

mesh rolled

P4090001.jpg

on the ground

P4090002.jpg

pictures taken from 5 meters

P4090009-Copia.jpg

P4090008-Copia.jpg

P4090007-Copia.jpg

P4090004-Copia.jpg

P4090009.jpg

P4090008.jpg

P4090007.jpg

P4090004.jpg

Re: Ghillie using a tactical mesh

This is pretty much what the Cobra Hood is, mesh, 550 and etc. It's light weight, and I can easily where it over my kit. Thanks for the post it looks good.

You can also pick some up at rockywoods.com....it goes under porthole mesh.A little camo spray paint and your done,I think Tac-Conseal sells a spider mesh that works great also.

Imo, spider mesh is WAY TOO EASY TO TEAR.

I have done almost the same with a larger veil that I have carried and use womens hair ties to hold on the veg.

That is inspiring. If you are prone do you have coverage or is it more of a poncho?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what was the size of the mesh?
where to get?</div></div>

I have always used one of the 100 mesh dive bags ive gathered over the years, basically same material just cut it open.

also since I see it being asked, I have one that I kept in bag form, with the standard drawstring, and then three horizontal loops of para and ten a hole on top, it is essentially either a poncho or an Israeli style 'schmata' is what it would be called in Yiddish, it breaks up the distinctive shape of a person head, the IDF uses it all the time.

Depending on how tight you pull the para it can fit like a poncho, or a vey baggy almost flat mesh that can be draped over you and your stick.

also for those who use a rattle can for color, mine stumk like hell for a while which was a giveaway and very annoying. I found that if I hit it with a heat gun for a few minutes being careful not to burn the cloth apart, it killed the smell.

Is there any difference between the spider mesh and the porthole mesh?

Small mesh type ghillie also makes a great way to cover a rifle and break up its outline. I cut a hole in one corner to poke the muzzle through and leave an open spot in the center for the front of the scope. Can see through the mesh fairly well with a scope and it does an excellent job of hiding the lens.

TobyLazur
Yes, spyder mesh is a thin flimsy mesh with large holes. not very strong.
the port hole mesh is the stuff pictured in the first pic. very strong but very flexible