• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gift for the father in law.

gunnergirl81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2008
KCMO
He wanted an 03A3, so this is what we built him. A nice representative of a "re-arsenalled" rifle in fresh condition. New RA '44 2 groove barrel and a new Commercial Controls bolt with a new unissued scant stock, all the other parts are R marked Remington. The finish is a nice green parker, right? Nope. We custom mix KG Gunkote and produce a finish that is damned hard to tell from parkerizing, but has all the protection of KG Gunkote. One "expert" sourpuss said "the rifle was ruined by refinishing it, but they did a great job on the parkerizing. HA! Fooled him. This started out as a stripped reciever found in the bottom of a box of old parts we bought. We've also got an 03A4 clone in process but thats a down time project. Always nice to bring an old warrior back.
03-ASboltclsd.jpg

03-A3LHqtr.jpg

03-A3Barrell.jpg

03-A3RHgtr.jpg

03-A3RH.jpg

03-A3LH.jpg

03-A3Bottom.jpg

03-A3boltopn.jpg

Re: Gift for the father in law.

If you are looking to be adopted or otherwise need any other "volunteer" fathers in law, I'll throw my name in the hat!!!
wink.gif

Seriously, that is a beautifully redone 03A3 and one hell of a fine gift for your FIL!! While it may have technically been "ruined" in terms of collector's value (not that it had any to begin with in the bottom of a parts bin), anyone saying that is missing the point of bringing an old soldier back from the brink of death and breathing new life into it!! If it shoots half as good as it looks, I don't know why anyone would be unhappy with such a fine representative sample of an old workhorse!

Congrats again to your FIL and to you all on a job extremely well done!

Very nice job !! There is alot of history wrapped up in these rifles and getting them back up and running is the least we can do for them.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey if your camera is like mine the middle button givs an MF setting - Macro - that will allow those close up shots!

i agree that a rifle can be ruined but we must take into consideration that millions were produced and thousands will stay original so what the hell

Granddad still has one that Ive been begging him to give me.
Beautiful rifle!

Thank you for the kind worlds. The FIL is spoiled by any standards. We've given him a pristine Spanish FR8, an M-14, and now the 03A3. He builds the work stands. Of course he likes his mil-surps pretty, ours tend to be in "field" condition.

We'll have to be sure and get the 03A4 clone when we get her done.

Very nice! I will recommend my son-in-laws, no daughter-in-laws, check out your thread. They may just be inspired. Ha.
Lucky guy.
Best to you.