• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Glass bedding a pillar bedded stock?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
I have a couple Savage 10FP's that I plan on glass bedding, one with a Duramaxx stock and the other with a laminated BVSS stock. Both of these stocks are pillar bedded, so are there any tricks/recommendations to bedding over the pillars? Thanks!

Re: Glass bedding a pillar bedded stock?

I just finished bedding a Savage Duramax stock with the pillars. Bedding is a little different than a wood stock. For a good bond I drilled holes in the front/rear action bolt areas and the stock's recoil lug face to lock in the glass bedding. There's no room to bed the barrel nut and front of the recoil lug so that is left open. The Duramax is actually easier to do than a wood stock because you don't have to tape off the front and sides of the recoil lug. For release agent, I used neutral shoe polish. I used Devcon steel putty, great stuff.

Re: Glass bedding a pillar bedded stock?

Scimitar, you and 7MM Rem have put together excellent threads on this subject: so much so that I might actually read them a dozen more times and, finally, have a go at my own rifles.

Thanks