• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glock 22 Limited!

Tpb10505

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
Oklahoma City
I've put together a Glock 22 Limited for USPSA matches. Bar-sto semi-fit barrel (took some tense filing but it fits awesome now), Dawson adjustable rear fiber optic & front FO sight, Dawson heavy ICE magwell, Vanek Trigger, Glockworx mag release, and of course the Dawson extended basepads that will get me to 19 right now.

IMG_0221r.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

I know an STI would out preform a Glock (if I'm the shooter lol) But I cant do all the smithing on an S_I, and that's why I love my Glocks.

I've picked up a Dillon Squre Deal B and have put together some 40 loads. The 200gr's shoot a lot softer, and Vhitavuori N340 gets me to Major easily. The 180's are pretty snappy, and N320 is the go to powder there... tried N340 but wasn't even close to Major power factor.

Going to cast my own boolits, and Tom @ Accurate Molds is working one up for me now...

40-195F.png

40-195F-D.png

Thanks for looking and hopefully a little Glock love haha

Re: Glock 22 Limited!

Almost looks like it belongs on with the RTF2 frame. J&G sales still had a few NIB, but make sure you specify gills if you order... I ended up liking the straight serrations never having had one with them before and it worked out

Yeah that was Bentley. He spent most of his life living at my parents, but when he was a pup he lived with me in college and hogged most of my twin bed lol, so he was my dog and he knew it. If I pet our other boxer he'd start growling at me but never did that with my dad.

This past winter he came up limping one night. My dad was out of town and I decided to take him to the emergency vet. By the time we got there he could barely stand, and within a half hour he was pretty much paralyze and numb; so I had to put him down. He was only 5. The vet assumed it was a brain tumor or central nervous system disease, but I didn't have the money for a spinal fluid tap or MRI. The only person I'd cry that hard for is my mother.

Boxer's are the best in my opinion, as are all dogs for that matter. He was so happy to see you he'd go grab his favorite toy and wag his whole body haha. Sorry for the sob story, but he was a good friend.

and if she loves you, she'll learn to love a dog. Impossible not to.

"Dogs are angel sent to Earth with a note that says "just love, don't judge". They ate the note but are doing the best they can with the message."

I'm sorry to hear the story about your dog!
frown.gif
You did what you could, and that is ALL anyone can expect. I hope you have a fun filled five years of memories to cherish.

There is *NOTHING* to be ashamed of in regards to crying when losing someone close. Been 23 years since my mom passed, it still hurts like hell sometimes.

Keep your chin up, thanks for sharing!

-G45

With the 200's it shoots nice and soft. All of my loading so far has been run through the chrono, so I haven't shot any groups yet. Need to do that this week, and I'll post the results. It will still be probably 3 weeks before I get my custom 195gr mold from Tom at Accurate Molds. They'll be 0.060" shorter than the 200's I have now So I'll set them back a tad giving me ample room in the Glock mags. I don't think this is a popular place for casting, but I think I'm going to post a wright up when I get to try. I'm a noob when it comes to that, so it might help someone else in my shoes. I'm in at about $0.12 a round by casting and using once fired brass which is pretty good for 40 S&W I think. Plus, it always seems more fun to "do it yourself" and save some change in the process. Found some "wheel weight" ingots locally and going to mix those with linotype and tin solder for a hard mix that will lead the barrel less. (8lb Wheel weights, 3lbs Linotype, and 0.5lb 60/40 Solder is the recipe I plan on using)

This is my first group at 7yds standing

IMG_0250.jpg

I can tell I'm flinching after the first mag. I dry-fire a lot, so I'm not sure how to work on this as of yet. Once I can start casting I'll mess with charges and seating depths for accuracy. Also went with a shorter wider front sight (.275 tall, .125 wide) vs the .285, .100 from Dawson to match their adjustable .125 rear sight. I prefer to hold right where I want to hit as opposed to a 6 0'clock hold.

I almost had an "Uh Oh!" moment. I must not have been paying enough attention using my Dillon SDB and had a round without powder, only a primer and it lodged the bullet into the beginning of the rifling. Thankfully the next round would not chamber or I could've had a dangerous Kaboom. Lesson learned. Pay much more attention, and no one is shooting my reloads either.

Why didn't you go with a G35? Also, do you see a difference in accuracy over the factory barrel?

I just liked the 22 better, no good reason for the choice lol. I havent shot the factory yet, but will be comparing them soon